MESSAGE FROM THE MOD

Started by GM Lucas, November 09, 2022, 01:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Lucas

TIMELINE IN THE WORLD BASKETBALL STARS LEAGUE

AFTER THREADS HAVE BEEN UNLOCKED. GM'S WILL HAVE 5 DAYS TO DO YOUR PRESSER. (OBVIOULSY THERE IS ROOM FOR FLEXABBILITY IF I AM NOT AVAILBLE OR IF SOMETHING CAME UP ON YOUR END) BUT I WOULD LIKE TO STICK TO FIVE DAYS BEFORE MOVING ON FROM THE PRESSER.

MISSING TWO OR MORE PRESSER WILL HAVE A NEGATIVE EFFECT ON TEAM MORAL, ATTITUDE AND MOODS OF THE TEAM AND EVENTUALLY GET YOU FINED BY THE LEAGUE. 

ONCE WE HAVE MOVED ON FROM THE PRESSER YOU WILL HAVE 5-7 DAYS TO COMPLETE ANY COMMUNCIATION YOU WISH TO AHVE AND LINE UP CHANGES BEOFRE AUTO LOCKING FOR THE NEXT SERIES OF GAMES.

THE SCHEDULE WILL BE OUT WHEN THREADS ARE UNLOCKED DO YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SET LINE UPS FOR THE GAMES IN THAT WEEK ACCORIDNG TO ALTER STRATEGIES FOR DIFFERENT TEAMS.

SOME WEEKS YOU MAY PLAY ONLY 1 GAME AND SOME WEEKS YOU MAY PLAY 3-4. (I DID NOT CREATE THE SCEDULE IT'S SIM GENERATED)

SO ITS ROUGHLY TWO WEEKS TURNOVERS OR HOW EVER QUICKLY YOU ALL GET IT IN. AFTER DAY 14 THREADS WILL BE AUTOLOCKED AND WE WILL MOVE INTO THE NEXT CYCLE OF GAMES.

IF YOU LOCK IN, YOU ARE LOCKING IN WITH PREVIOUS INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOUR TEAM. YOU HVAE TO MAKE THE CHANGES YOU WANT. THAT'S INCLUDING ROSTER, STRATEGY, AND IF YOU SET PARTICULRS MINUTES OR CHANGED LINE UPS.

GM Lucas

ALL OUT FREE AGENCY

All Out Free Agency Mechanics

-If you are full (12) then you don't need to participate and may speak to your coaches. Do not start speaking to your coaches until All Out Free Agency is over or you already have full roster.

-If you are full (12) But want added depth for injuries (15) then follow the mechanics. (The lowest rated 3 players will never play if you have 15 until all bench players at the position are unable to play or you ask for them to play. If you ask to give time to players 13,14,15 you risk sending other guys to that part of the roster.

- You will DM me 7 players. NO MORE.

- You will number in order who you want me to make offers too.

-I will run all number 1's together, then see who accepts. Then I'll run number 2's offers and so on. If any player wants more money, their agent will contact you. I will run it this way to avoid one team signing 10 players because none of them were made offers and causing cataclysmic (Fuckery) budget issue in the sim. If you offer ten. The offering will stop when you are at 12 on your roster.

-If you don't end up with a full roster. I will let you know the next steps.

-This period is strictly to get your roster to 12. If you have 12 already, you will not take part of this and you can start talking to your coach.

GM Lucas

Ok, whirlwind week but it tiny small tornadoes in the world of WBS. ok, So here is the jist. Recently realized that when I got the new Pro Basketball and loaded it up, it pretty much powered up the game I already had, but in doing so, it kept all players and stats but reset rules. Wasn't an issue because all rules, salary cap was basic with a few tweaks. BUT what happened was it changed the schedules. Now I have been wondering, in all the years I simmed WBS schedules were always fluent, like NBA. every team got games every week. But this year it would be one team with 5 games and one team with 1 in a week. didn't know why...but now I do. When I loaded the new game it changed from 82 to 41 games in a season. Now I haven't been knowing how to handle this. I spoke with mods of the game and they gave me many ideas but that all involved reloading, copy and pasting and resetting league but each idea would either wash away stats while keeping team records or keeping all stats but changings players names and I would have to go into each team and edit every player in every team, free agency, IBC and college, not a task I am up to for fear of really fucking up the game.

Here are the choices. Then you guys can decide if you like a 41-game schedule. if so we can roll with it like that every season. If not, then in the off season I can save all player files, reload the newer for basketball, change games to 82 and reload all player stats and data.

Now I can story this up into some protest or strike and make the playoffs come early or since it was never a thing how many games we had in the new season . After news of BD I was going to just put it on hold or just cut the season short in memory of bd with a shortened season and playoffs and all-star vs IBA but I didn't want to exploit the big man's passing.

I can still use the big man as a reason to have a shortened season or stay away from it all together and just use a strike and then we can figure out if we like a short season, if we want a long season or if guys aren't as into it as they thought they would be, then just end the WBC

Talon

personal opinion on schedule in a sim is fewer games mean more care for each one. 

More care = more interaction.

More Interaction = More Fun.

More Fun = PATREON!!!! .... kidding.

More fun = better experience for all!

GM Lucas

I'm gonna send a message to the mod for future mechanics to allow custom schedule.