Messages from the Mod

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 08:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

Talon

Please repost your press conference here in your team thread so I can track that you are set up.  Once you post in your team thread with your press conference I will begin replying to your thread  etc.

Talon

I've posted your s15 lock in posts into the new threads for easy access.

I can not access my mod-board so if you had scouting reports owed to you, PLEASE send them to me again via PM here or on the new boards.

Talon

Friendly reminder -- from here on out unless you have a strong suggestion to interact with a storyline in play, you're fine to lock in without talking to folks for no reason.

Talon

ALL OFFSEASON SPENDING IS OVER

Any money you spend now comes from S16 bonus money.  You may not use this money to scout.   

Do not spend money for anything until after the draft, I am only focusing on the draft from now until the draft is complete.

Talon

Here are the players I feel are worth consideration into the HOF this year.

WR   Eugene McReynolds
T   George Britt
T   Joseph Worthington
DE   Chris Chandler
DE   David Seymore
DT   Michael Barclay
LB   Carroll Lang
CB   Joseph Mullins
CB   Dennis Nelson
FS   James Taylor
FS   Andrew Roderick

Obviously you can only vote for a max of 10, but don't forget to send me your ballot.

If you have already sent it please RESEND as I can't find them.

Talon

clearly, I've been nice this draft; so that being said, if you make a gaff it will cost you a small fine but I'll let you fix it.

Next year expect a strict enforcement from the jump.

I'm getting soft in my old age.

Talon

a new change to the way I require draft picks be posted to the league office (will add to the rules as well)

You ONLY have to League Office your first round picks contracts UNLESS you plan to split a players contract between salary and bonus.

In other words, if your 2nd-7th round picks are being paid exclusively from salary, then you do NOT have to post it to the league office.  I will be assigning them to your roster and it will be up to you to know they are there.

First round picks (because of hte option) and anyone you draft and pay from salary AND bonus then must be LO'd for record keeping.

Thank you.

Talon

WELCOME TO SEASON 16!

After a long delay I will not be rushing anyone to lock in for week 1.

Feel free to talk to anyone in the organization including your owner, but only if you have questions for that person.

Poor questions will have poor consequences.

Discuss your patreon position battles if you would like, anything... get at it and have fun!

There will be no press until after week 1 games.

Talon

This is what i am dealing with currently in North Dakota... replies will be slow.  Be home Saturday though, so once I get moving it will be LIT. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8ZqFRYnELjqAoX6w7

Talon

No one will be able to lock their team for the week, until I say otherwise.

Stay tuned.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Talon on March 25, 2023, 03:16:14 PM
No one will be able to lock their team for the week, until I say otherwise.

Stay tuned.

We're doomed.

Talon

Once you are satisfied with your progress or conversations with your players being offered PFL deals, you may resume your normal lock ins.

Talon

Just a note on this week's receiver poaching via PFL:

-- You may lock in at any time.  If you lock in without learning your players decision and they choose to leave, you will be a player down this week and can sign a replacement next week.

-- You may also call a player in and request their decision.  This will have me take the factors and do your roll and give their decision.  Unless your player has asked you not to bother/rush them, this will not penalize you in anyway, but if they do leave it will give you a chance to fill your roster spot prior to locking in, instead of waiting until next week.

Talon

This season's owner mid-season meetings with GMs will take place the week AFTER the trade deadline.

Talon

Just to explain the roster requirements -- with this storyline of PFL poaching, if you want to lock in without a full 53 because of poaching that is fine.  The rule of not being allowed to have open roster spots is just to insure you aren't spending all your money on 52 guys, so having cap space and a roster spot open until next week is fine.

Talon

Posting here so nobody misses it in all possible locations:

This seasons Trade Deadline will expire at 7PM eastern time on Friday April 21st.

That gives you 8 Days, 6 hours, 26 minutes from the time of this posting to make a trade.

That's plenty of time.

ANY DEAL LEAGUE OFFICED AFTER THIS DEADLINE WILL BE PENALIZED AND VOIDED.

Talon

IF YOU ARE ELIMINATED FROM THE PLAYOFFS

You have One Week to submit your press conference.

If one week passes and you have not done your press conference, you will be fined.

Talon

Between now and your lock in to close out season 16 (the last time you lock in before the full-blown offseason)

Each team is going to be permitted to make 10 TOTAL OFFERS to players/coaches.  These offers are ONLY for players/coaches on your team now. You can use these offers to try to extend contracts/prevent a player from hitting free agency.

These offers are only for "starting S17" not reworking deals that are basically already paid out with the season being over.

Each counter offer is an offer, you get ten TOTAL.  If you trade offers with one guy 6 times, that's leaving you with 4 more offers to make, so be careful.

THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO USE THE FRANCHISE TAG.  We are not yet in the off-season.

Questions - ask me via PM and if its something I feel needs to be clarified publicly I will update this thread.

Talon

non-playoff teams should have any talks with coaches they want;  after you talk to your owner and do your available re-signings and lock in to close out Season 16 then coaches and players go on vacation and you cant talk to them until deep into off-season like draft time.

Playoffs are not slowed down by non-playoff teams doing their business.

Talon

COACHING CONTRACTS

The way I have contracts shown on team sheets is the canon salary breakdown.

So the salary in the salary column is that coaches salary.

When signing/re-signing your head coach, that number will only be for them.  When we get to the stage of the season where staffs are filled out, you will meet with your coach and give them your budget for coaching staffs.   You will give them some basic instructions on what you want style/talent wise and they will do their best to fill out the staff.

If you have specific coaches you want, mention in then so that they know. (this does not guarantee they get them)

The budget will be for everything from assistant HC down to Secondary coach in the coaching salary section of the team sheet.    I'll do more to elaborate when the time comes, but for those re-signing coaches, jsut know the figure you exchange will ONLY cover the HC's contract.

Talon

I would appreciate if everyone closed out Season 16 by Friday Night/Saturday Morning.

Forced Lock to end season will come during the weekend if everyone is not finished up.

Talon

Notes on your team google document

1.  If you see a player who should be removed due to retirement, PM me.

2. Coaching staff is listed in full (minus salaries) but this does not mean this is how your coach will fill his staff, this is just copy them all over so I have it in place prior to the coaching staff construction period, if they dont have a salary next to their name they are NOT employed at the moment.

3. If you disagree with your draft picks, find the league office posts that back your claims and send them to me so I can go through the arduous task of find the errors on my end.

Talon

Notes during this storyline:

- new guys... its not always this weird.

- The OOC threads that unlocked right now are both considered In character due to the nature of the story.  (The union one only loosely, its just to give some backstory) but the new thread is 100% IN CHARACTER.)

- LO is disabled until resolution to the storyline is achieved.

HAVE FUN, DAMN IT! ;)

Talon

NEW GM'S

You will receive the following as a welcome package to the league.

• 4 Scouting Reports on Potential Head Coaches (provided already)
  • 10 College Scouting Reports
  • 5 Scouting Reports for your current players
  • 5 Scouting Reports on Free Agents
  • 5 Scouting Reports on Players from other teams (potential trade targets etc)
  • 3 Scouting Reports on International Free Agents

Talon

Welcome to the S16/17 OFF-SEASON.

Threads are unlocked!

HC hiring teams can get to work.   Once you have completed your day 1 interview you can offer a contract or you can move on to your day 2 interview.  If you move to your day 2 coach, I will not reply until the other teams in the HC search are done with their day 1 conversations.

MAKE ALL HC CONTRACT OFFERS VIA PM.

Teams with HC's already, you can ask questions aobut your off-season team sheet if it doesnt look right.

You can also now use your Amnesty if you desire.  You can make trades.  restructure contracts. pay your taxes.   pay your incentives you owe etc etc etc.

No coach/budget talk until all teams have a HC. I'll post again when it is time to do your budget and provide detailed instructions.

Talon

I am leaving for my vacation tomorrow morning (3AM eastern time to fly out at 5AM, land at 2PM)

Once I land and start my vacation I am muting all notifications for HIFL, so don't burn the place down.

I'll be back online Sunday 16 July.

If budgets are not done while I am gone, you're just going to have to deal with the left overs on the scrap heap.

Talon

So Im not sure if i posted it anywhere before but Im making some tweaks to the "rest of the universe"

The last several seasons all 4 leagues (NCAA, HIFL, PFL, IFAF) all ran together.    This year I'm going to experiment by having NCAA start during the off-season so that it is OVER by HIFL-mid-seasons so that the draft class comes out mid-season allowing more scouting insight etc.

The PFL will run parallel to HIFL, and the IFAF will start after the International Free Agency period, meaning it will basically run parallel to NCAA.

We'll see how it works on my end, but I think by having to two leagues that can potentially feed talent into HIFL end before our seasons ends, it lets more planning go into works like if you know a player you like from IFAF is going into IFA, then maybe you dont re-sign his counter-part on your roster to make room for him or something to that effect.

Anyways, when you start seeing NCAA news and the like, that is why.

Talon

Just a reminder -- if you sent me scouting I will get it back to you Sunday or Monday.  I travel all day tomorrow to come home from Vacation.

Talon

you may now use scouting on PFL and/or college players.

Talon

THE S17 DRAFT WILL BEGIN AT 6PM FRIDAY NIGHT!

Talon

I WILL END SCOUTING AT 11AM EASTERN TIME.  ANY SCOUTING RECEIVED PRIOR TO 11AM I WILL STILL DO AND SEND OUT, ANYTHING AFTER WILL NOT BE DONE UNTIL AFTER THE DRAFT

Talon

The draft is on hold until all teams with draft picks remaining submit a functional proxy list with some form of instruction or guidance on when/if I can make a pick for the team.

https://thehifl.com/boards/index.php?topic=61.msg155#msg155

I feel like I shouldn't have to do this but apparently I do.

ALSO

When saying that you can tell me you want the tallest or heaviest player at a position that doesn't mean you can give me traits you don't have info on like "take the best red zone receiver" or "the fastest corner"

Talon

Giving a long initial period to submit your first free agency offers, I will not read/respond having any day one early signings until the 8th, so dont rush, just make sure you get things in prior to the 8th because on the 8th people may start signing.

Talon

I am going to allow bulk offers to singular agents, starting NOW.

If you want multiple players from one agent, you can offer them all in one post.  Doesnt mean they all sign, but hey... everyone has had time to make offers at this point.

Talon

Reminder - you can do all your offers in one post now.

Talon

WELCOME TO SEASON 17!!!!

if you do not wish to do your presser until you get your october patreon, that is fine. 

Please note the following:

> Your next lock in will be for the 3 pre-season games.

> Your lock in should have your full depth chart (unless coaches decision)

> You will not set usage time for pre-season, the coaches will sub and rotate players in.

> You DO have the option of deactivating players (as long as you still have the minimum required at that position -- grey boxes on your team sheet indicate required position counts) if you sit a player they will not participate in the pre-season games and will have opinions on that action.

> If you have more than 53 players on your roster, you MUST deactivate players to be at 53 active players for the pre-season games.

Talon

I am liking going to autolock anyone who is not locked in by the end of Thursday.

It's time to get to the regular season.

Talon

with the news of BD's passing, I'm going to lock all team threads for a few days just to give everyone, myself included, time to... I dont even know.  Cope?  I don't know the word I'm looking for, but yeah.  Threads will be locked until further notice.

Talon

No rush to post guys, just wanted to end pressers for this week after all that has happened. 

Post if you feel like it, take time if you dont.  I'll do whichever strikes me in the moment.

Talon

Also please note, there is no expectation to RP about BD's passing.  I dont want anyone feeling uncomfortable but also for some of us RPing about it in a way is part of who we are, so I am also not saying not to.

Do what you feel comfortable with.    This is new territory for me in general, so I just want to make sure everyone understands that there isn't a right or wrong way to do anything, outside of being a dick.

Talon

If you havent noticed, the difficulty level is starting to go back up.  For the last year or so (maybe longer) the game overall has been very much on Rookie mode. 

Well we're bumping it up.  More jobs at risk, more consequences for questions, choices, and decisions..

Remember -- Patreon does not guarantee you job security ;)

GM Justin

Quote from: Talon on February 02, 2024, 01:31:26 PM
If you havent noticed, the difficulty level is starting to go back up.  For the last year or so (maybe longer) the game overall has been very much on Rookie mode. 

Well we're bumping it up.  More jobs at risk, more consequences for questions, choices, and decisions..

I support this

GM Pancho

Quote from: Talon on February 02, 2024, 01:31:26 PM

Talon

REMINDER -  Trade Deadline and Rookie Option Deadline will be during week 12, not this week.

Talon

League Office your UDFA's

If they aren't LO'd by the start of Phase 1, they are back in the pool.

Talon

Phase 1 of UFA wont start until I get caught up on reports and stuff.  Ill make a post with instructions when Im ready to start all of it, so stand by.

Talon

EVERYONE'S PHASE 2 TARGETS ARE GOOD TO BE OFFERED.   LO YOUR SPENDING LIKE PHASE I, AND SUBMIT YOUR OFFERS
WEDNESDAY NIGHT - 8PM EASTERN DEADLINE TO SUBMIT DAY 2 OFFERS, but if we get all of them in prior I'll get things moving faster so dont sand bag it unless you're busy/away please.

Talon

EVERYONE'S PHASE 3 TARGETS ARE GOOD TO BE OFFERED WHEN YOU ARE READY.   LO YOUR SPENDING LIKE PHASE I and II, AND SUBMIT YOUR OFFERS BY FRIDAY NIGHT - 8PM EASTERN DEADLINE.

If you were fined and forfeit your options, this does not apply to you.

Talon

with only a few teams needing to fill spots now, you may offer multiple players from the same agent in a single post.