D.C PATRIOTS

Started by Talon, July 26, 2022, 12:19:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Gates

Let's go out there and keep it rolling.

Lock In

GM Gates

How do you think your team has performed and how do you expect them to perform going forward

We have preformed as expected. We are running on all cylinders and have the whole team working together to get the job done. I expect the team to keep it up going forward, expect that to keep working hard at each win and keeping this train going.

What do you think about Australia Cease Fire saying WBS should potentially either expand for an IBA division close its door once IBA beats them.

You always are going to get some of this kind of trash talk at times like this so it's to be expected. Maybe having an IBA division would be good so we can all get some free wins.

Who would you like to see win the Dunk Contest and the 3 point contest

John Holden would be a good add to the three point contest. Would make it a bit more interesting with him draining threes.

A few teams don't have games this week, any opinion on the WBS scheduling system.

The scheduling has been all over the map. Some teams don't have a game this week and we play Texas for the third time in like a week and a half. Hopefully next year they can even it out more so that we don't have issues like this, or times when teams are 5 or 6 games behind the majority.

GM Lucas

"Right now we have one of the best defensive teams in the league and it's lead by the youngster Xavier Fonseca who is the best defensive player statically in the WBS. I knew he had the skills but never would have saw this coming so quickly, good job bringing him in, he really brings the defensive side out of guys and is one of the reasons we are the best team in the league"

GM Gates

With the offensive production I felt like we were capable of after bringing Walls in, having some with Fonsecas defense made sense. And I'm glad to see him producing every game whether it be just defensively or on both ends.

We've got a few games this week, but nothing we aren't ready for. All star break is coming up to which kind of sucks just because of how we've been rolling lately but I'm sure we will pick it up out of the break.

GM Lucas

"This actually gives us time to regroup, get grounded and get ready for the push. I don't mind it"

GM Gates

Good point coach.

Alright let's go finish strong!

—————

Lock In

GM Gates

What do you have to say about the WBS stunning loss to the IBA in the world all-star game

It's an exhibition game that doesn't mean much. The IBA made it into something much more than it was because it's all they had. They put their best out there against our best and barely won the game. If I listen to the talking heads, you'd think the IBA beat the WBS by 50 points or something.

What do you think about Coach long from Bar Harbor electing to start Chadwick over Either Babayaga or Walls and Coach Wallace choosing to start fender over Jared Anderson or Walls

Johnny Walls is an MVP candidate this season so to not start him seems crazy to me. But you're always going to run into that kind of stuff in an all star game. They're going to play their guys so that their guys don't get pissed at then later.

What do you think this means for WBS moving forward, what ripple effects do you think it may have moving forward if any

I mean, haven't there already been rumors that the IBA is closing its doors? Whether or not we merge with them and make one big league is one thing, but it would seem that, at least in the end, the WBS is going to be better off.

What would you like to see change now that we have experienced this type of al star game

Honestly I would like to see an all star game that just deals with the one league if we're still going to have it. East vs West or something like that.

With two weeks left are you making any tweaks.

Nothing that comes to mind right now. We are going to keep playing the game we are playing and keep gunning for that title.

GM Lucas

"I know it was just an exhibition game, but Long kept taking me out when I was heating up then Wallace wouldn't play me at the end. It feels personal, I'm pissed we won't meet Bar Harbor in the playoffs because they ain't going nowhere but we need to See Motor City int he finals. Let' crush these next two weeks, I'm on a mission!"

GM Gates

Fucking right. It's bull that they kept yanking you around like that, especially when you should have been playing the most from the start.

But I agree, let's kill these last two weeks and storm our way through the playoffs, through Motor City and to the championship. Let's handle our business and show them how wrong they are.

GM Lucas

GM Gates

Damn right, Johnny. Head back to practice.

———

Coach Reyes, anything we need to discuss before these last two weeks?

GM Lucas

GM Gates

Then let's fucking go!

Lock In

GM Lucas

MEDIA

After playing hard all season you managed to win the division. How did you feel by not only beating Motor City to take the division but also taking game ?

What do you expect from game 2?

GM Gates

At the start of the season your goal is to win it all and that includes winning your division. So it felt good to check one thing off the list, but the list is not yet completed. We took game 1 but we have a few more games to go against Motor City before we can even think to look past them. They are a good team with some great players, and we need to stay focused on them.

And I expect game 2 for Motor City to come out strong and try and blow the doors off of us so we have to be ready for everything they can throw out way in that game.

GM Lucas

"Motor City is a tough team but right now it's all Fender and Fonseca, Ball goes in and doesn't come out, that bodes well for us"

GM Gates

Definitely does. We took care of business game 1 so as long as we can limit what Fender and Fonseca do, we should be good. But I also don't want to overlook what they are capable of.

GM Lucas

"And we won't, Johnny Walls has been laser focused. It works well that we are playing the coach that kept benching him in the world all star game. He's a pro so he keeps quiet but I know he wants to look over at that bench each time"