Playoff Appearances:
2014 Champions
2015 Champions
2016 1st Round
2017 Championship
2018 Championship

RETIRED NUMBERS:
None

"I neither have the time or patience to wait while you slowly build this team so that in some distant future we win a title. I need a GM that wants to win it all now. My motto is simple, YOU WIN, I WIN - YOU LOSE, YOU Lose. I don't lose"- Nikola Roman

GM Black Death

GM Death is here at your service, ready to return us to the championship.

GM Lucas

"You think that's all you have to do, come in here and say you are winning. It doesn't work that way buddy. Lucky for you I already KNOW We are winning next season, Don't mess this up. We had the best damn coach in the league and she took no crap from anyone. She's currently a free agent, it would be wise to get her back if you know what's good for you. Remember, when you win, I win. When you lose, YOU LOSE, Any questions and remember there are no stupid questions just stupid people who ask them?"

GM Black Death

So it's Victories or my death, I got it.  no questions from me at this moment.

GM Lucas

I wouldn't go as extreme as DEATH but you get levity the of our situation. Neila Redeal is a FA coach, when the coaches become available, our communications director Kuro Sasori will let you know. He will begin to give you information like roster, money, and you will receive  a partial scouting list with the rookie class. When it comes time to talk to Neila, be short and straight to the point. If she gives you trouble tell her to talk to me. She's pricey but do not be intimidated. If there is nothing left on your part, I will remove myself from this situation. Welcome to BLACK ROCK"

GM Lucas

"You. Are. Now. A. Scorpion. [Grunts] Here. is. Team. Sheetaaa. [Grunts] You. Will. Find. All. Dat. You. Need. [Grunts] You. Have. 11 spots open. [Grunts] You. Have. $12,620,740 to spend. Offer deals in rounded numbers......DO.NOT.VEXX.ME [Grunts] Many. Traitors. Have. Abandoned. Us, yes. [Grunts] WE!. Will.Provide. you with.......Draft Sheet when time is right. [Grunts]The traitor sheet you call Free Agents.......is not ready yet! [Grunts] Ask. All your. Questions at ONE TIME! DO. Not. Make. Me. Speak. Twice. About. One. Topic!

GM Lucas

"[GRUNTS] Draft Class, Is. Out. Send me your players. Rules.....in the rules folder. Send email(DM) Questions? (Long Sigh) Ask. Before. Doing."

GM Black Death

Sasori-san, please can you get me Neila Redeal, would like to speak to her about the coaching job.

Miss Redeal, I want to hire you back as coach of the Black Rock. what are you looking to make?

GM Lucas

"This is quite awkward. I'm not sure I feel comfortable speaking about the potential of coming back when you have a coach, right now, probably sitting and getting ready to start interviewing players. Very unprofessional of you, not sure you are a GM I would be interested in working for,  you poor work place demeanor. I say you handle your other business before we talk about our business...Tood-a-loo"

GM Black Death

Miss Redeal, the owner ask me to call you to ask for you to come back to coach this team,  why would I let go of my coach blindly, without knowing if you would take the job or not?  that would be dumb on my part. because you could say no like you just did, and then I would be up shit with no paddle

My question to you is what is the cost to bring you on as coach of this team, I wanted to know your price.   I want to have a discussion with you, and from that discussion, I would decide to move forward, the owner wants you,  you can ask her if you like. I don't know you and you came to judge me before you even talked to me.   

so again I am not going blindly let someone go until the replacement is ready to go,  I like to do it now because I have the draft coming up.  So the question is what is the cost to bring you to coach this team?

GM Lucas

"So Roman told you to call me. I already told her I was done but I guess stubbornness runs in her family. Tell Roman I will come back for one and only one more year. That's final. You want me to come back then you don't get to tell me how to run this team. I don't need your input. I am a 5 time coach of the year and I didn't get there listening to someone tell me how to do my job. So if you are Ok with signing a check and moving aside then we may be able to work together. You can have your draft, I'm assuming you can identify talent, but it wouldn't matter if you couldn't. I am a natural winner. Tell Roman I'll come back for 7 million and then tell her to call me, see what she says! Oh, and no one was judging you dear. If we're going to work together, you are going to need thicker skin"

GM Black Death

that's fine with me, you run the team how you like, that's your job, mine is the find you the best talent out there and make sure we don't go over budget doing it.  I will let Mrs. Roman know, I do not think she going to have a problem with your terms.  thank you for your time, I believe I will be in touch with you soon

GM Lucas

(SHE HUNG UP BEFORE YOU COULD FINISH)

GM Black Death

Sasori-san, can you get me, Mrs. Roman, I need to speak with her right away.

Mrs. Roman, I spoke with Miss Redeal, and she lay out her terms.  one year, 7 million. I do not have a problem with this but need to let go of our current coach to do so, that going to cost us 1.5 million for the next 2 seasons to do so. 

GM Lucas

"First off, it wouldn't cost us 1.5, the new salary rules were rolled out this morning along with the scouting rules. Cutting coaches means you now pay them their entire salary for that year as opposed to half for multiple. That's neither here or there at the moment. Look, She's upset. Long story short, we had a deal for 7 million for 5 years until the league decided to go full legit in the eyes of the sports commission. I decided not to sign her thinking if we went on strike I would have to pay her to sit home and she took it personal, she's bitter. She wants to hear some words from me and I guess I'm going to have to fess up and say them. BUT!Before I do let me tell you, Do I want her here? Why wouldn't I, she is the best coach in the league hands down, the problem is, she knows it and she will always remind you that she is a five time coach of the year. She is difficult to get along with and she rubs a lot of players the wrong way. Your current coach is a real good guy who everyone loves but he hasn't been as successful as we should be. He's also a great evaluator and strategist. Now, I can get Redeal to come down in price but you are going to have to ask yourself is dealing with her worth it for one year. If you keep your coach Aaron Reyes and your team fails, it falls on you. If you bring in Redeal and this team fails, it falls on her. Also, bringing her in means there can't be anymore coaching changes so if she pisses your other coaches off, you have to live with that, I'm not buying everyone out. Make a choice"

GM Black Death

I understand, that our current coach is a good man and the players like him, but this team has not reached the playoffs in 3 years. He may be liked but has that translated into wins? From the looks of it, it does not.  Something needs to change. Yeah, Coach Redeal might be hard to work with, but her way gets results she is a winner, and she knows it. It is something that we are going to need.

We go with Coach Redeal and we turn this thing around.

GM Lucas

"Then I'll make the call. [LONG SIGH] You better be right, I'm about to swallow a real jagged pill. Handle your business with Aaron. How you release him will be watched by the staff. You'll never hear me say be nice, but for Aaron, be nice!"

GM Black Death

Yes, Madam, I will be nice to the man. 

Sasori-san, can you get me Coach Aaron Reyes, please?

Coach Reyes,  thank you for your time,  I am going to get right into it. Coach, we are going in a new direction with this team and we are going to have to let you go. It is not a slight against you,  it is a business move than anything. 

GM Lucas

[Looks down at the ground in thought, takes a deep breath and looks up] "Dang-it, can't say I didn't see it coming. I thought I would be given a try but I guess that's the business, we haven't been as successful as I know this franchise is used to and it's a shame. I don't take it personal. I'm really going to hate saying good bye, probably go out with the boys tonight, break the news. Hey maybe you should come. I can ease in your tenure here with the guys so like that they don't hate you. I want them to know that I am ok. If they see me ok with you, they'll probably feel better. I know I am going to have a job before the season starts. Some advice, just be careful. I know if you are letting me go what this means, and I will tell you, she is a man eater." [He stands up and extends his hand to sake yours]

GM Black Death

[  stands up, takes Reyes's hand and shakes it up and down for few times, and then lets it go]

that sounds good to me, yeah I feel it is a good thing to go out with you when you tell the guys. plus going to need to get to know the guys a little more.  let me know where you guys are going and where it is at and I will be there,  also first rounds on me.   

Also, I understand your warning, yeah I know I am going to have to be on my toes with her.  As you know High Risk, High Reward, I will be careful.  thank you for your understanding and I will see you later

GM Lucas

GM Lucas

"So I am assuming it's been done. By the smile on his face I can see it went well. Good Now, I made the call. Don't make me regret this. She is going to sign on for 3 Million. Send in the league office that you are releasing Aaron and don't forget to put that you are paying his entire salary of $3,308,000 for this year. Then tell the LO Neila Redeal is signing on for 1 year and 3 million dollars. Good Luck!"

GM Lucas

"So let's get this over with, ask what ever questions you need to ask me now"

GM Black Death

Easy, what is your coaching philosophy, what is your coaching system? I need to build this team into a winner and I need to know what type of players I need to get that will fit into your system, so we can get the maximum effect from the system, so we can win this year.

GM Lucas

"Let me say, wining this year is the most important thing to me so at least were are there. Second, not sure what you did to smooth over firing Aaron with the rest of the staff but they seem to be OK with you and are on board so not bad, chalk it up to luck, they are a good staff. Now, philosophies and system, I want guys who are masters at what they do. We won all those years because we had guys who can score and scoring is what they did. We had guys who rebounded extremely well and rebounded is all they did. We had guys who played exceptional defense and got steals and doing those two things is what they did. I don't care to much for those swiss army type players that are out there. Those types come off the bench for me. I want starters who do the one job they are supposed to do at the highest level. Coaching style is simple, I run a 7 second offense so I need players to come up that court who shoot and crash those boards. I don't want clock munching guys who wait until the very end and try and make something happen, I am huge on pacing the game to our style, we do not play the others team style we force them to play ours so we are always adjusting to attack the opponents weakness. Also, make sure you we have depth on our bench, they don't have to be super talented even though that always helps, but they need to have heart and not be cry babies. There will be times I take the best player off the court if it means we have a better match up somewhere else, I've done it, we won"

GM Lucas

"Kuro Sasori is out sick so Roman asked me to handle this, So, you traded away the opportunity to get Maxwell, Fonseca or Anderson, OK, I told you I can make anyone winners but you better hope Pabcevic understand more English than he can speak. Ok, the League deadline for early free agent offers is this Wednesday,  October 12th, 11:59 EST. Along with that, you have to tell me who you want to send to Summer camp. They have to be either a rookie or a 1st year player. Look at your roster sheet that I sent you and let me know by Friday October 14th. 11L59 EST, So don't mess this up"

GM Black Death

Sasori -san, Can you give call to Ben Whiteman agent, please

I am looking to make your client a member of this team. What is the offer that can make it happen?

GM Lucas

"I'm sorry, I'm not used to being a secretary. It's unfortunate but Sasori -san has been removed from this franchise. Do not ask!, I don't know why. Regardless, Ben's agent sent over the paper work yesterday, it's been sitting in the desk. I was hoping to have someone in here by now but it seems like I'm too, intimidating for some of these young impressionable let me not forget incompetent young people walking around this building, doing what? I don't know. Anyway, where were we. Oh Yes,  Ben has agreed to sign with us already at your original offer of 2 years at 4.5 million per year. Now pardon me while I bring in some intern to do this menial work"

GM Black Death

Thank you Coach...I am sorry for that, it not your job to play secretary, I will make sure we get someone in here to do the role. With Whiteman that will make a full twelve man squad. I believe we can win with these players, but I will leave that up to you

GM Lucas

"Not your job to hire someone to do this. You have a job like I have a job and neither of our jobs require we hire the help. That's Roman's job. As far as this roster is concerned....Well.....Not bad. I really like you bringing in Riggs and Jenkins, they will make good additions. I don't like Chris Stone, he has the discipline of a 3 year old child. And I must say, the rookie Kelvin Rashaw, he is the nicest young man, but nice doesn't win games. He's under sized at 5'11 and he looks shell socked out on that floor. He's having a really difficult time grasping the pro game. Summer league was not good too him. Let's try and maybe focus on his passing and his ability to read the floor, maybe I can whip him into something but I'm not his mother or his care taker so motivating him will be your job, not mine. We'll see, Overall, Decent job GM Black Death. I won't say I'm impressed because, I'm not. but I am not disgusted either"

GM Black Death

Well it looks like I am going to need to get in touch with Zourab Djidjishvili agent .

The offer for your client is going to be 2 years  6 million

GM Lucas

"Good evening, I'm Tom Parker, Z's agent. He'll accept your terms"

GM Black Death

DEAL, nice doing business with you.

I need to speak to the agent for Axel Johnson, would like to make offer to him

the offer is 2 years 1.5 million to play for the Black Rock

GM Lucas

"Hey there buddy, how's it hanging, Jay Beemer here. interested in my client Axel Johnson, Yeah, we can do this"

GM Black Death

it was nice doing business with you

need to speak to Ata Çelebi agent, please.

Sorry to bother you, but a matter has come up, that going to benefit your client in the long run. I am looking at the numbers and I need to do some restructuring of contacts and want to know if your client is willing to take a multi-year deal at a lower place. looking at his current deal, I would like to change to a new deal at 3 years and 1 million per year, starting now.

GM Lucas

"My client appreciates the offer, but if you aren't willing to give him a raise then he needs more security. He will sign for 1 million over the next 5 years"

GM Black Death

Deal.

5 years 1 million, thank you for your time I will send it to the League office asap.

GM Lucas

"Great, hey...and for future advice, players will always want max length security if you are asking them to take a pay cut, not many will agree, but for those who do"

GM Black Death

Thank you for the advice, Mr. Parker, I will keep that in mind,  Again it was pleasure doing business with you and you have yourself a wonderful day

GM Lucas

"Sir, Gm Black death. I have just been hired by the Black Rock Organization to assist you in your communications department. I go by Smith. I have been sped up on all your proceedings, we are currently in the green with our cap. We are currently under by $781, 836 dollars with a 14 man roster. Is there any else you need, I'd say we are ready to get jiggy with it and lock in for preseason."

GM Black Death

thank you, Mr. Smith. I must say you make that black suit look good.  let me get that lock in info for you

Preseason Workouts

Darko Pabcevic - Shooting

Binkentios Melikis - Shooting

Kelvin Rashaw - Passing

Team Captain
Larry Keely

Positions
Starting Line up and Minutes  -Coaches Decision

PG-Victor Ryan
SG-Darko Pabcevic
PF-Larry Keely
SF-Binkentios Melikis
C- Ryan Williams

Bench
6. PG-Byron Riggs
7. C-Zourab Djidjishvili
8. SF-Chris Stone
9. PF-Ben Whiteman
10. SF-George Jenkins
11. PG-Kelvin Rashaw
12. SF-Alan Jackson
13. SG-Axel Johnson
14. C-Ata Çelebi

Offensive Schemes

Coaches Decision

Defensive Schemes

Coaches Decision

Lock in

GM Lucas

" Listen up, I know a a thing or two about this game. In West Philadelphia born and raised, On the playground was where I spent most of my days. We had a big win against our division rivals Seattle and lose to an underhanded Panama City. coach Redeal isn't happy, not sure if you are aware, she didn't even let Chris Stone dress let alone be on the sideline with the rest of the team. I think you are going to have to help that young man out some how or really show coach Redeal who is the boss around here. Either way, good luck. I have you team sheet right here with all your information. Use it"

GM Black Death

1. How did you feel about the sudden amendments to the salary issues the league was having. Did the change help or hurt you in your process.

I did not have much of a problem with the change, I was going to play within the rules before it happen and any changes just the same to benefit me. so it helps the process for me, can not speak for  other people.

2. What were your thoughts when you put your roster together and what are they now after two games.

put together a solid team here and after the preseason my opinion has not changed, got a team that can beat anyone in the league and I can not wait to see them in action when the season starts. Our starting 5 is the best in the league and the bench is solid, this team built for playoffs

3. Who surprised you and who are you hoping comes around

Ryan Williams ,  I have a feeling this going to be a  breakout season for him and move him to the top tier among the centers in the league.  Zourab Djidjishvili , I hope to see more improvement from him this season,

4. What team do you think will be your biggest challenge in your division

This whole of the west looks tough, with many good teams, but I think Oakland might be the team we have to beat to make it to the championship this season. they have acquired a great amount of talent.

5. Any news around the league stood out

Not going to comment yet, about the trouble between Chirs Stone and Coach Redeal.  Going to talk to both sides and see if we can get to the bottom of the issues and  look to get it all straightened out before the season starts

GM Lucas

"Some of the players are watching how you handle this situation with coach Redeal and Chris Stone. Do you think that maybe you should cut your loss and possibly trade him into a better situation, do you think this relationship has the potential to be saved"

GM Black Death

I can not say one way or the other because I have not yet spoken to each side about the matter. That is the top priority when I am done with these questions today,

Those are some of the options that are available but know that I will work to see if we can come up with an amicable solution that going to benefit the team and the player. I am hopeful that we will get this issue resolved before the season starts

GM Lucas

"Before you waist your breath and my time let me say this, no one gets special treatment. I benched Steve Ausler, that's why he took his ball to Texas, I bench Damien Worthing and low and behold he took his ball to Texas also. I bench Zac Norvelle in a title game. You know what they all had in common, don't bother answering because you don't. They were all all-stars at one point or another but they also all felt comfortable in their complacency with mediocrity, just giving enough. We do not got the talent on this team like other clubs may have so we have but with maximum effort, heart and drive we can beat anyone. SO!, there is no room or will their ever be as long as I am coach for soft, heartless, entitled cry babies. That is all, Floor is yours"

GM Black Death

So what your saying to me is that the kid has talent, but what holding him back is his effort, and his attitude, he does not have what it takes to give everything he got and reach that upper level and unlock his full potential. because there is one thing the truly great in this game have is an almost obsession with the sport, they rather are in the gym shooting shots, and working on their game than being with their family.

Ok, I understand, I have to ask, can you honestly say you have given him a fair chance to prove your opinion of him is wrong? if you can, I will see if we can move on and get someone else to take his place.

GM Lucas

"Normally, I would give him a box of Kleenex and send him on his way but for the sake of working with you, a GM. I am willing to offer him a chance. Let's see what he does the first week. By the end of week 1,Iyou'll see what I already see. Then I'll let you know if we are done or not. I'll tell you now, you can't teach heart. That kid Rashaw, hasn't quiet shown that he will be anything more than the 4th or 5th guy on the bench but he has the drive and heart to keep me interested, talent without drive is worthless in my book"

GM Black Death

Thank you, I am going to speak to Mr.Stone and let him know about the one-week deadline. Let's see if he can rise up and meet your challenge. I will be honest and say I am rooting for the kid, if he can do it, we will get a better player in the long run.  It was a pleasure talking to you coach and I will let you know if there is anything else before we get this season started, you have yourself a good day.

Mr Smith , can you let Mr. Chris Stone know I would like to speak to him for a moment, please?

GM Lucas

"I was told you wanted to speak to me"