SEASON 15 AWARD SEASON

Started by Talon, August 02, 2022, 08:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

Please feel free to share your opinions on who should be nominated or voted on for the annual awards!

Most Valuable Player

Offensive Player of the Year

Defensive Player of the Year

Offensive Rookie of the Year

Defensive Rookie of the Year

Head Coach of the Year

Executive of the Year

Comeback Player of the Year

As always -- please PM me your votes (1st, 2nd, and 3rd place) for all awards categories.

GM Wayne

Woodrow Britt for DPOTY and DROTY.

60 Tackles, 28 passes defensed (2nd in the league), 10 interceptions (league leader), 3 Defensive Touchdowns (league leader), 2 Forced Fumbles, 58% catch rate (2nd lowest among all defenders with at least 100 targets)

GM Kirk

Britt's undoubtedly the best rookie and arguably the best defender this season. But you've been such a tosser in your press conferences that I just don't want to vote for him. Who can I vote for instead?

GM Wayne

Quote from: GM Kirk on August 02, 2022, 09:12:36 PM
Britt's undoubtedly the best rookie and arguably the best defender this season. But you've been such a tosser in your press conferences that I just don't want to vote for him. Who can I vote for instead?

LOL.

GM Pancho

Allow me to introduce you to your Defensive Player of the Year

Bruce Wilkinson at DE

97 tackles 28 sacks [League Leader] 24 hurries 19 knockdowns and 7 Forced Fumbles 14 TFL and multiple time game tying 2 pt conversion stopping plays [You miss out on the recaps]

GM Dougie

I would like some advice on comeback player of the year. I have some good ideas for most of my votes but that is one I struggle with.

GM Pancho

And for MVP allow me to advocate for Alesana Tuilagi

This QB/RB has set records across the board

293 attempts [Sumner had the most carries on his team] 2,729 Rushing Yards [the next highest was Crawford with 2141] 37 TD's [the next highest is Ortega with 22] averaging 9.3 yards per carry

GM Kirk

Is there a stats sheet for the end of the season?

GM Fosters

😂😂😂😂

GM Fosters

Quote from: GM Dougie on August 02, 2022, 10:21:05 PM
I would like some advice on comeback player of the year. I have some good ideas for most of my votes but that is one I struggle with.

Hard to look past Ezekiel Elliott for this one. Blokes been immense!

GM Oldfield

Hard to look past anyone but Tuilagi for comeback of the year, and Elliot is certainly runner up, but if you guys need a 3rd option I would like to put forward James Box. From relatively underused and undervalued LB, he has had 106 tackles, 5 sacks, an interception, 8 PD's, 4FF's and 29TFL's (4 higher than anyone else).

GM Gravedigger

Quote from: GM Pancho on August 02, 2022, 10:23:05 PM
And for MVP allow me to advocate for Alesana Tuilagi

This QB/RB has set records across the board

293 attempts [Sumner had the most carries on his team] 2,729 Rushing Yards [the next highest was Crawford with 2141] 37 TD's [the next highest is Ortega with 22] averaging 9.3 yards per carry

Should be unanimous. Easy vote.

GM Lucas

Quote from: GM Oldfield on August 03, 2022, 02:24:59 AM
Hard to look past anyone but Tuilagi for comeback of the year, and Elliot is certainly runner up, but if you guys need a 3rd option I would like to put forward James Box. From relatively underused and undervalued LB, he has had 106 tackles, 5 sacks, an interception, 8 PD's, 4FF's and 29TFL's (4 higher than anyone else).

I wouldn't say he was underused or undervalued considering he was with the pack prior, he started every game for us, we traded him for Van Biden then signed him in the off season again, and was good but didn't seem to flourish under Frankum the way Cotter did. I would say he's a system player.

GM Yount

Another guy who I think at least deserves top 3 consideration for the comeback award as far as a guy that was good, had a dip in form due to circumstances, and then bounced back is TE Lawrence Bates.

S13 55 catches 593 yards 4 TDs 46 pancakes
S14 31 catches 303 yards 2 TDs 34 pancakes
S15 49 catches 728 yards 7 TDs 75 pancakes