S15/16 SCOUTING COMBINE

Started by Talon, August 24, 2022, 10:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

Talon

Its almost Draft SZN which means one thing... COMBINE SZN!

The HIFL Scouting combine has long been seen as a way to prep yourself to find the diamonds in the rough who slipped under the radar and avoid the landmine busts who have been touted as first round picks;  a chance to dig deeper into the mental side of prospects to learn about their work ethic, their values, and to seek out any possible red flags that could make them a headache down the road.

This season, with a draft class that has lost players to the PFL draft, is one with many questions to answer that GMs will hope to answer on the artificial turf of the dome in St. Paul, Minnesota.

Here are the options and prices for this years scouting combine!

S15/16 POSITION COMBINE ($1MM PER POSITION) (MINIMUM TWO POSITIONS aka $2MM FEE TO ATTEND THE COMBINE)

This season's scouting combine will be structured as follows:

Choose a specified number of positions ($1MM each, min. of 2) and receive the following information

• Top player at three traits (position dependent)
  • Top 5 "overall" players (w/ current star rating) OR  "Round Mock" (players mocked to be drafted in the round selected without rating)

Along with the position information; teams will have the opportunity to gain other information if they would prefer.   Athletic Drills will take place and if you would prefer to gain raw athletic information you can choose from the following options:

ATHLETIC DRILLS ($1MM PER EVENT)

• 40 Yard Dash (Top 20 fastest players in the draft class)
  • 3 Cone (Top 20 highest agility ratings)
  • Bench Press (Top 20 Strongest players)
  • 20-Yard Shuttle (Top 20 O/D Linemen speed)

COACH ANALYSIS ($500K PER PLAYER)

Your coaches are watching the drills obviously, but if you want them to focus in on a prospect and start to determine their work ethic, their competitiveness, their leadership, Disposition, Sportsmanship, and/or their ability to be a team player this is where you get that information.   Tasking your coach to watch and evaluate a players intangibles will allow you to reveal each of those ratings to better help you decide if he is a fit for your organization, including any other red flags or player tags the player may have.

PLAYER INTERVIEW ($1MM PER PLAYER)

In the past the combine player interview has been a mechanic that allowed GMs to ask players questions in a one on one setting; but now the player interview will be a new mechanic where you find out who all has scouted, watched, or interviewed a player during the process.  The only way to hide your intentions from another GM is if you used "advanced scouting" earlier in the season, which acts as a cloak of sorts to keep your interest hidden from other GMs. 

When you opt to conduct a player interview you will receive the following information:

- Teams who have scouted the player outright.

- Teams who have seen the player via mock draft.

- Teams who have seen the player via college team scouting.

- Teams who have seen the player via combine scouting.

- Teams who have had the coach take a closer look during the combine.

- Teams who have interviewed the player with the same mechanic (results will not be sent out until all teams have finalized their combine)

For GMs spending off-season bonus money, there is a CAP of $10MM in combine spending in any combination with no more than 5 total position combines.

Talon

The minimum requirement to attend this year combine is $2MM (2 position combines)

Once you have paid that $2MM -- you may spend any amount on an athletic drill ($1MM ea.), coaching analysis ($500K ea.), and/or player interview ($1MM ea.) 

The rules for the combine this year are simple:

All Position Combines must be submitted at one time (you can't send it $1MM for 1 position, wait and then send it for more.)

You MAY piece together your athletic drill ($1MM ea.), coaching analysis ($500K ea.), and/or player interview ($1MM ea.)  after you receive your position combine information back.

You may NOT spend more than $10MM on combine scouting.

You must submit your patreon scouting WITH your paid scouting (all position combines at one time as stated above)

---

When submitting your scouting combine please follow this format

PM TITLE: "TEAM NAME" COMBINE SCOUTING 1 (update number as you increase requests)

Combine Position: (enter position here)

Analysis: (choose either Top 5 or Select Round Number for Players from this position drafted in the selected round on the expert mock draft)

EXAMPLE:

PM TITLE: CAROLINA PANTHERS COMBINE SCOUTING 1

Combine Position: Offensive Tackle

Analysis: Top 5

Combine Position: Quarterback

Analysis: 3rd Round

Combine Position: Cornerback

Analysis: 4th Round

----WHAT YOU RECEIVE----

Combine Position: Offensive Tackle

Pass Blocking: Charles Cross

Run Blocking: Ikem Ekwonu

Strength: Evan Neil

Analysis: Top 5
1. Ikem Ekwonu ****
2. Evan Neil ****
3. Charles Cross ****
4. Trevor Penning ***
5. Nicholas Petit-Frere ***

Combine Position: Quarterback

Arm Strength: Malik Willis

Accuracy: Kenny Pickett

IQ: Kenny Pickett

Analysis: 3rd Round
1. Desmond Ridder
2. Malik Willis
3. Matt Corral

Combine Position: Cornerback

Speed: Kalon Barnes

Agility: Sauce Garnder

Hands: Derek Stingley Jr.

Analysis: 4th Round Mock
1. Coby Bryant
2. Damarri Mathis
3. Akayleb Evans
4. Jalyn Armour-Davis
5. Jack Jones
6. Joshua Williams
7. Damarion Williams
8. Cobi Durant

CLARIFICATION:  You may combine a position multiple times (IE: select QB top 5, QB round 1, QB round 4, QB round 7) for a total $4MM

Talon

You may now begin submitting your money to the LO and PM'ing me your combine requests.

Talon

THIS THREAD IS NOW OPEN FOR IN CHARACTER COMBINE RP

PAID ATTENDEES
1. Cancun
2. Tottenham
3. St. Paul
4. Dallas
5. Seattle
6. Atlanta
7. Salt Lake
8. Music City
9. Rapid City
10. Kansas City
11. Louisville
12. New Jersey
13. Long Beach
14. Michigan
15. Sydney
16. Cleveland

GM Fosters

GM Fosters enters the combine with HC Maxx Vol, AC Adrian Tombs, OC Josh McNeil, DC Marshall Roy and S&C coach Bill Silverberg.

GM Oldfield

GM Oldfield arrives at the combine, smells no sign or presence of barbecue food, and a single tear rolls down his eye. He sees Fosters is the only GM here yet and greets him in the traditional way between their countries; offering him a four pack of Castlemaine XXX and apologising on behalf of his forefathers

GM Gooch

GM Gooch comes down the escalator after getting off his flight. He rolls his carry-on along with him. He sees someone holding a sign that says James Buck. That is him. He didn't want to go Buckson Gooch for a few reasons. One reason is because he is somewhat well known. The other reason is because he is not sure how St. Paul fans will still react to him. He approaches the man with the sign.

GM Gooch: I'm James Buck.

Man with sign: Okay. Here are your keys, sir. Enjoy your...well, I unique rental...

GM Gooch: Thank you.

Gooch takes the keys and walks outside... It's beautiful. So large he's surprised he doesn't need a CDL.

...a food truck with full active smokers that are already going...

GM Gooch: This is going to be a combine to remember. Great athletes that will help shape my franchise and great food to share with friends.

James Buckson Gooch climbs into the food truck and puts the key in the ignition...turns it on...puts it in gear and heads to the combine...

GM Franchise

A limousine arrives and parks outside the entrance. The driver gets out and then goes over to open up the back door to let out the passengers. As he opens the door loud music being played on a JBL speaker starts playing.

https://youtu.be/1plPyJdXKIY

Franchise: Regulators...MOUNT UP!

GM Franchise exits the limo with his speaker followed by his coaching staff. They are followed by the some members of the Franchise Party Crew that has been forming up over the past few seasons. Most of the group are women which surprises no one. Franchise and his entourage enter the combine acknowledging Fosters and Oldfield before walking over to his area. After his group gets settled he calls for a nearby staff member to place an order.

Franchise: Okay, we've all got IDs you can check before you bring this order over. Now we're going to need two buckets of Stella Artois, a bucket of Corona, a bottle of whatever Vodka you carry here at the stadium, and two bottles of wine with four glasses. Make it Cabernet, I don't want that cheap shit either. Give us the best stuff. Got all that?

Staff member: Got. Let me check your IDs and we're good.

The staff member checks everyone's IDs and calls for another staff member to put wristbands on them all to show that they're all of age so they don't have to repeat the process later. The two staff members then go to get the drinks after Franchise pays for them on the mobile card scanner and gives the staff member a very good tip so that the service continues to be good for his crew. After that it's all business mode as he and his staff pull out IPads in preparation for the Combine events to begin as chill EDM music starts playing in the background. Franchise thinks to himself for a moment before looking over at his fellow GMs.

Franchise: Hey yo. Y'all want to come chill with us before the events start?

GM Gators

(Outside the HIFL Combine facility Johnny Gators, laboring under the weight of a massive duffel bag and the clumsiness of a piece of spinner luggage, makes his way toward the entrance. He presses toward the security line, short on breath)

Yes. Hello. GM Johnny Gators. Louisville Woodpeckers.

(As a member of the security team looks at a list, a puzzled look comes across their face.)

OK, so I'm not the general manager anymore. Forgive me for misleading you. My preacher would be ashamed of me for that.

I'm actually an employee of Yukon Organic Sports Health Institute. I seem to have misplaced my credentials, and was hoping you could let me in anyway. I mean come on, you DO remember me? Don't you? You don't remember Old Man Gators?

Dr Pepper???

Bootleg Maple Syrup???

(Johnny Gators interprets the slow response as a bad sign and preemptively departs. He lugs his goods out onto the street, stumbles down an alley, and reappears near the service entrance. He seems to be looking for something or somebody. His flip phone rings)

Yes Intern Frank. Tell me you've got good news.

(We can hear only the muffled noise from Intern Frank. Henceforth represented by ellipses.)

Well, I'm having a day. Let's leave it at that. I thought it'd be easy enough to get in here, but security's a little tighter than I expected. These guys are pros.

Yeah. Well, I can't just waltz right in without credentials. I'm going to keep an eye out and see if I can sneak my way onto GM Fosters' bus. I know I wouldn't normally go near that thing, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

This could be the most important HIFL Combine of my lifetime! And definitely in the history of YOSHI.

What do you mean GM Fosters is already inside the combine? They're really reporting that?

So he didn't bring the bus? I'm out here looking for the bus!

Well, thanks for nothing anyways Intern Frank. Maybe I can figure out a Plan B.

Say that again? You think he's driving what? And he isn't here yet as far as you know?!

Well maybe I can figure out a Plan B-B-Q then. Thanks Intern Frank, you've outdone yourself!

(Johnny Gators closes the phone and slips it back in his pocket. After shoving his luggage into an unused corner he opens the duffel bag and begins rummaging through it. What he's up to only time will tell for sure.)

GM Bennett

GM Wesley Bennett arrives to the combine at the front entrance with the entire Lynx staff at his side. This is their home stadium afterall, it was only right for all of them to show up. Wesley looks over to see a man rummaging through a duffle bag. Only seeing the back of his head he was unable to make out the identity of the man. Shook his head and looked to one of the security guards at the door. Walks over to him and leans over to whisper in his ear.

My man, I don't know what's going on but you might wanna keep an eye on that one. I don't want any stupid shit popping off here on our first year of hosting this here event. Not after all the work GM Eli did to secure it for this establishment.

Pats the security guard on the back and starts to head inside the combine.

Did we pass the food trucks? Coulda sworn we approv---

Coach Zapata lets Wesley know GM Gooch and his food truck along with the other local food trucks haven't yet arrived.

Oh okay, cool cool. Wait since when were you keeping tabs on that stuff my man? Hahaha!

Looks around and sees the Lynx's designated section they had set up for their staff prior to the event. Bennett nods in approval.

Them boys didn't miss a beat setting that up. Got everything we asked for didn't they?

Turns to the coaching staff with a big smile on his face.

This is gonna be a special day fellas let's put in that work and find us some gems! I'll see you guys over there, I think I'ma walk around a bit first.

Bennett shakes a few hands with the coaches including some personalized handshakes they've came up with in the short time of being together this offseason before he looks around the combine and his new home stadium in delight. Pulls out one of his newly branded cannabis cigars. Right before he goes to light it up his phone buzzes inside his inner jacket pocket. Bennett pulls out his cell phone checking to see who he received a txt message and sees it was her. A smirk forms on his face as he replies and slips the phone back in his pocket.

Love that woman...Ahem.

Back to what he was originally planning on doing, he lifts up the cigar to his lips and lights it. Takes a couple pulls from it and begins to make his way around the combine admiring the athletes before the drills began to take place as well as seeing who was all in attendance so far.

GM Wayne

Another year has come and gone and with the offseason in full swing the event of the offseason that everyone seems to look forward to has arrived once more. No, not the draft. Nobody ever knows what the fuck they're doing in the draft. But the combine is that seminal moment in time where 85% of the league gets information about players they have no chance of drafting. Even worse, it happens in St. Paul of all places. It's abysmal really.

Nevertheless, the position that he holds within the Mustangs organization requires GM Wayne to be there and so even travelling to a cesspool like St. Paul is something that he will do for the betterment of his team. That said, he shows up wearing a scarlet t-shirt that reads "Love Your Enemies" with a picture of Vanessa Waters looking fine as hell just beneath the words. The shirt is obscured a bit by a silver sequined jacket with bedazzled scarlet gemstones across the back that reads TOSSER SZN.

Yes, GM Wayne is still a douchebag. You didn't think that would change did you.

As he arrives he rolls his eyes at the scene before him, displeased at the fact that someone thought it was appropriate to pollute the oxygen he might have to breathe with cigar smoke.

His annoyance grows as the grating sounds of shitty EDM music can be heard pulsating rhythmically.

He spots GM Fosters and feels sympathy for the man whose greatest claim to fame was having Adrian McCaffrey's sloppy seconds.

In fact that only one that doesn't annoy him to some degree is GM Oldfield, whom he nods at silently he makes his way to begin observing the drills, having left his coaches to do the same themselves rather than have them flank him everywhere he goes like they're some kind of armed paid security guards.

GM Yount

GM BIG DOG gallops in wearing all black & some kind of ridiculous facemask, whilst riding atop a goat which is wearing a harness reading "ALL WILL SUFFER" in a scratchy blood red font. She stops, stares down her rival GMs and proclaims

"SUP FELLAS WHATS THE HOT GOSS

SOME WEATHER WEVE BEEN HAVING HUH GOOD THING WERE IN A DOME"

before galloping off to observe the drills & take notes whilst pretending she knows anything about scouting players.

GM Gooch

GM Gooch is happily driving down the road when he sees a familiar face on the side of the road. The car next to the man has the hood popped and the engine is smoking. GM Gooch slows down and pulls next to the man and opens the mechanical door.

GM Gooch: Need a lift, Eli?

GM Eli Webber: Absolutely.

Eli grabs his bags out of the rental car and gets in the fancy food bus.
GM Gooch: Want a BBQ sandwich? It's brisket.

GM Eli Webber: Sure!

Gooch grabs a sandwich from a box sitting next to his chair and hands it to the former St. Paul Lynx GM. They make small talk as they travel to the domed stadium.

GM Eli Webber: How'd you get all of this to work?

GM Gooch: I contacted the stadium. I just needed to pay workers to come in. They seemed happy to oblige.

They come up on the stadium and see a bunch of bay doors.
GM Gooch: Which one is Bay 32?

GM Eli Webber: ...The one with the 3 and the 2 above it.

Gooch laughs to himself, he didn't see the great big black numbers over the silver doors. As he approaches Bay 32, the door starts to open as if they could smell the food coming. Gooch drives through the bay door and almost straight onto the area some distance from the endzone. There are already picnic tables set up and the workers are ready to work. Gooch gently drives the massive bus in and parks it. Eli thanks Gooch for the ride and Gooch shakes his hand. Buckson gets out of the bus and, clipboard in hand, finds his coaching staff and greets them. Ready to watch the best athletes in the world compete for the attention of the HIFL teams present.

GM Franchise

GM Franchise switches the music to a chill jazz playlist before he orders his group some more Cabernet from a nearby staff member before looking over at Gooch and his food truck.

Franchise: I don't think that man has a food truck operator license in this state.

He shrugs as he gets more Cabernet from the staff worker as his group continues to chill and watch the combine.

GM Adam Wrong

GM Wrong arrives, nods to a few people and sits down with his team

GM Gators

(As GM Gooch's food truck stops, the back doors open and a poorly-disguised Johnny Gators jumps out. Apparently Mr. Gators was halfway through trying to disguise himself as a facilities worker when he saw GM Gooch's truck pull up and sneaked into the back undetected. After finding a suitable place for his gear, he removes his green vest and white hard hat and begins stuffing it into the duffel bag.)

(As Gators is about to turn his attention to the HIFL GMs he notices a security guard off in the distance. Taking no chances of a confrontation, he leaves his stuff and scampers back toward the loading bays. When we see him again, he's back on his flip phone.)

Intern Frank, we've made some progress. I smuggled the stuff inside, but I had to scram before security could haul me out.

What's that? No, I don't know. I thought I had credentials too. But apparently not. I'll only need a few minutes with the HIFL GMs. If I can sneak back in there, they'll be so blown away by this. It'll make the Mackey Maple look like yesterday's news.

I'll let you know. Gotta go for now.

(Johnny Gators scratches an itch on his face, only to realize it's his fake mustache beginning to come unglued.)

GM Oldfield

GM Oldfield does his best to ignore the crap music and syrup sales pitches while watching the drills, as his phone goes off with news of yet another Seattle trade. Suddenly a defence featuring Tarr JR, Emery, Leake, Sherman, 2Face and Watkins brings back painful memories of his time in Portland and he begins to sweat as the PTSD grips him.

He glared back at the other GM's and whispers

If everyone could stop trading their best assets to that shit actor it would be much appreciated.

GM Franchise

Franchise looks at his phone and starts laughing as he turns off the music. He turns toward him with a glass of wine in his hand and makes a cheer motion toward the other GMs.

Franchise: So which fool is going to trade their best players to Seattle next? Some of y'all are some dumbasses. Yeah, let's trade all of our best players to one team and then scratch our heads in bewilderment in twenty weeks or so when they're in the Impact Bowl.

Someone in his group, not a coach, asks him if he's pissed about it which makes him laugh and shake his head.

Franchise: Fuck no, I think it's hilarious. Just another example of GMs destroying everything they touch and getting overly greedy during trade season. It's going to reach a breaking point eventually and it's not going to end well for the GMs in this league. But, for now, I think I'll just sip my wine and see if any more ridiculous trades coming across the HIFL news feed.

He takes a sip of his wine but then starts laughing after someone in his group says that Seattle's next trade will be for Santos Pond.

GM Oldfield

Imagine being the end result and punching bag of the most ludicrous trade this offseason and yet laughing at everyone else. Keep sipping your wine lad, think you need it

GM Franchise

Franchise shoots him a look.

Franchise: I didn't get fined or send my best players to a team loading up for a title run. Imagine not thinking either one of those things wasn't foolish. Then again you traded for Santos Pond for no fucking logical reason at all so you have zero room to lecture anybody about trading this off-season.

GM Oldfield

Wow. Insult a young player with great potential how very big of you. Guess you've already insulted an entire football federation whats one more player hey.

Oldfield leaves Franchise to his pretend friends, terrible music  and cheap wine to go study some players, the actual reason he's here

GM Wayne

Wayne, trying to be on his relative best behavior, notices Franchise being an idiot once more and shakes his head in amusement, giving a shout to Oldfield.

Watch out Oldfield he might set up a podium and challenge you to a fist fight. But then you're actually here and we both know that man isn't really about that life.

GM Gooch

Gooch is floored by a few of the things he's seen.
GM Gooch: Let's get a closer look at these things, Coach.

Gooch passes a paper over to Coach Baker.

GM Dougie

GM Doug Fresh finally arrives at the Combine. He gives a nod to Coach Knight as he and his current and new staff members start their evaluation process. Doug goes directly to the bar and orders a glass of the 16 year Oban

Doug: Fuck it feels like I haven't had time for even this. Oh well.

GM Franchise

Franchise: Going by that the person who really insulted him was you because only fool would trade him if he's as good as your saying. I'm not the only one who insulted them. I guarantee you're one of the people who sent shitty offers to their players or asked for discounts going by how quickly you went there.

Franchise looks over at Wayne and shakes his head.

Franchise: Get a room.

Franchise goes back to doing his combine work on his Ipad instead of dealing with the clown world going on around him.

GM Stark

GM Stark walks onto the combine grounds with a binder under one arm and a cup of coffee in the other. He's seen having a short conversation with his coaches helping him evaluate the talent. He sees the other GM's, giving a few nods of acknowledgment and a wave of the hand before making his way to look at the drills.

GM Gators

(Looking a bit flustered, Johnny Gators emerges from the bowels of the building. Sweat on his brow, but a smile on his face and a purpose in his step. He approaches the Louisville delegation.)

Well, hello there gentlemen. I'm glad to see the Louisville franchise is in good hands. I'm proud of you, and the City of Louisville is going to be proud of you too.

Now, as for Mr. GM Gooch. A word if you don't mind...

First, I apologize for sneaking into the food truck. You never knew it happened, but when I saw you trying to figure out which bay to drive through, and I was desperately trying to get into the facility...I'm not the smartest person on the planet, but I'm not completely stupid. I saw an opportunity and I took it.

Turns out, I had a credential the whole time (Johnny Gators puts his left hand on the credential that is now dangling around his neck).

I forgot that I had stuffed it in my coat. Found it a few minutes ago. Now those security guys can't lay a finger on me if they wanted to!

I believe I smell some brisket. If you don't mind me helping myself, and then once my adrenalin settles down a little bit...

(Johnny Gators grabs a plate and begins loading it. He looks away from GM Gooch toward all the GMs and raises his voice so they can hear him)

In a few minutes I've got a presentation on behalf of my employer, Yukon Organic Sports Health Institute, that I think you all will be very interested in. We've got some new developments that could provide a healthy, wholesome edge to your team's performance.

Give me just a few minutes. Old Man Gators is going to eat this food and then I'll get my things set up right over there.

(Johnny Gators gestures to an open space near his belongings, and then turns his attention to helping himself to brisket)

GM Gates

GM Gates arrives at the combine with his staff. He walks down toward the field, passing other GMs as he does. He greets those closest and tips his hat to those farther away. He notices the heated discussions and simply shakes his head - some things never change. GM Gates and his staff set up shop away from the rest of the collective and begin to go over their plans.

GM Dario

GM Tylen Dario and members of the KC Coaching Staff, Coach Graham, Coach Amaya, Coach Cannon and Coach Schumacher, make a quiet entrance onto the Combine area. Taking a look at the surroundings, Dario nods and waves towards some of the GM's looking his way. He turns his head and says something to Coach Graham, who nods, then directs his three top assistants towards the players' area as drills are being set up to run.

GM Gators

Johnny Gators has somehow taken the contents of his luggage and pieced together a table with several items and display boards. There appear to be four different items, each labeled with its own board, and samples of the items for GMs. Gators has already begun presenting to anybody who will listen.

...and our early tests indicate it works just as well as conventional toothpaste without the gross ingredients. That's why YOSHI Toothpaste is the third item I'm happy to share with you from the YOSHI Pro Maple Lineup.

YOSHI Pro Maple Energy Gels, Pro Maple Hair Gel, and Pro Maple Toothpaste. Harnessing the power of God's Creation to  give your team the Power to Perform!

Now, gentlemen...this technically concludes the presentation. But there's one more thing I'd like to tell you about.

To be honest, the folks at YOSHI aren't optimistic about this product. I think it's a game changer. They don't see it that way. So they told me, "Johnny, you do what you want to do with this. But get it out of our faces."

So I hope you can humor me one more minute while I present my favorite development since working with YOSHI. This is my baby...

(With what flourish he can muster, Johnny Gators removes a white cloth from an item on the table to reveal a 5-gallon beverage cooler.)

Every HIFL team uses sports drink, but you've never had anything quite like this. And so, the final piece part of our initial Pro Maple lineup, I introduce to you:

GatorsAde.

It works like the sports drink you're used to, but we've taken out all the high fructose corn syrup and fake stuff. This is sweetened with maple syrup and a secret ingredient (Johnny Gators whispers: "It's prunes").

I know you might be hesitant. But let me assure you it's an acquired taste...Once you taste it you'll want to acquire some more!

So step right up, have a sample. I'd love to talk to you about making GatorsAde part of your team's game day toolkit. This stuff belongs on every HIFL sideline. And since YOSHI has punted this project over to me, I can get it to your team at a generous 1.5% discount. Those savings really add up over a season!

(Johnny Gators dispenses samples, cup after cup, and leaves them on the table for easy reach)

GM Mike Powers

GM Powers arrives at the combine. He glances over quizzically at Johnny Gators' strange merchandise table before making his way deeper into the facility. He acknowledges the other GMs with a nod as he looks towards the field to find his Coaching Staff, who have been in attendance for hours now.

GM Oldfield

Oldfield grabs a cup of gators special liquid and takes a long deep swig before visually inspected it after

I mean it tastes great but is clearly highly hypertonic at the moment. Are you worried about dehydration and loss of circulating volume leading to a poorer performance?

GM Yount

*Not surprisingly, given the grand total of zero currently on her roster, GM BIG DOG pulls out a pair of binoculars as the Interior D-Linemen position group heads out for drills.*

"SWEET SASSY MOLASSEY LOOK AT THE BEEF ON THAT CHUCKWAGON"

GM Eli

GM Eli, having invested all he is legally allowed to invest in the scouting combine, and having received all possible reports from his coaching staff, quietly exits the event in anticipation of returning to the warm, sunny Cancun beaches.

Talon

LEAGUE OFFICE REPS WALK WITH THE COMMISSIONER THROUGH THE COMBINE, SPEAKING WITH PLAYERS AND COACHING STAFFS, GETTING FACE TIME WITH THE MEDIA OUTLETS, AND EVEN THE ENVOY FROM SALT LAKE...

....meanwhile

Talon

THE SCOUTING COMBINE HAS CONCLUDED -- THERE IS NO MORE SCOUTING AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME