DC COBRAS [GM POWERS - LOA]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 10:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Justin

Anything we need to change game plan wise to keep those one-on-one matchups?

Talon

I think we should play a little more conservative on defense for this one.  We have two elite corners who lead the league in PDs, but they also give up big plays because of their aggressiveness. I think we dial it back and see if they can keep the big plays in front of them instead of letting Ramos go for a 50 yard TD, we can fluster them.

GM Justin

Ok, I'll change the style to conservative in the lock in.  I'm going to talk to the two of them real quick and then we'll lock in.

Lolly -- can you send in Barkley and Basham please?

Gentlemen, we've invested a lot in the two of you and it's for situations just like this.  The match up between the two of you and Beard and Ramos is going to help determine if we go to the conference championship or not.  You've been great all year and we need you now more than ever.  I am counting on the two of you to lead our defense and lead us to the conference championship.

Talon

BOTH PLAYERS ACKNOWLEDGE THE RESPONSIBILITY

Time for us to prove that defense wins championships.

GM Justin

Absolutely.

Defensive playbook/play calling is conservative

Lock in

GM Justin

1. Talk about this weeks game, what went wrong?

"I was going to get up here and lament about how we got fucked from the beginning and the league bent us over and stuck a razor wired dildo right up our ass with St. Paul getting the home game instead of us.  But I'm not going to do that.  Next question."

2. What was the best moment for you this season?

"Not this."

3. Who was your teams MVP this season?

"Larry Le.............AMC."

4. How would you evaluate your coaches performance this season?

"B"

5. How would you evaluate your own performance this season?

"I signed Larry Legg....F"

6. What is your biggest take away from this season?

"I need to call Omar Sasser."

8. What was this team missing?

"Omar Sasser"

Talon

...fucking unbelievable.

GM Justin

GM Justin

"Well nothing we can do but move on.  Before we move into the offseason, I'd like to first re-sign you and then pick your brain about what you think we need to take us to the next level besides a kicker.  What kind of contract are you looking at?"

Talon

I'd like a cost of living raise up to $15MM, nothing major.  3 year deal to match your contract?

GM Justin

Deal.

I've got us needing a kicker, defensive line and linebacker help. Any other positions you think we need to try and bolster?

Talon

Tackle opposite of D'Brickashaw, a speedy depth WR is something we lack, a speedy RB depth option is another later round thing we could add but outside of the tackle, the other two are more luxury items we could add at value.

GM Justin

Alright, let's talk about the staff.  Do we want to run it back with the same staff or did you have something else in mind?

Talon

no changes on offense unless we lose people.  Defense I'll be evaluating

Talon

Any business before we close out the season?

GM Justin

Hey Lolly, can we get LaVar Jackson on the line?

LaVar I'd like to re-sign D'Brickashaw Arreola, for 3 years and $12mm per season

Talon

Call that a deal my man, Brick is happy to stay here in DC.

GM Justin

My man!  How about Lonzo, 2 years at $4mm per season?

Talon

Make it $5MM and Zo's in.

GM Justin

Deal.

Lolly, let's get Steve Rosenhaus on the phone.

Steve, let's discuss Herbert Bobbitt, 3 years $10mm per season

Talon

C'mon baby.  Two of the top 3 reception-seasons of all time in back to back years.  Herbie is fully loaded. 

Lets make this a reasonable deal and go for $22MM

GM Justin

He definitely deserves, but I also know he wants a supporting cast around him based on his media outburst this past season.  So help me help him keep the talent around him, so how about $15mm per season?

Talon

I can come down to $20MM and that can be split into bonus, but without testing the market that's as low as I can go, baby.

GM Justin

I understand that Steve and can appreciate the stance.  I'm going to let Herbie test free agency and we can re-engage then.

Lolly, can you get Bobby Shapiro on the phone.

Bobby, let's talk about Forest Walker....3 years, $10mm per season

Talon

GM Justin

Lolly our business is done for now.

lock in

Talon

Its too sweet to be back! Here is our budget and roster outlook going into the off-season including what I have down for our draft picks.  Please contact me if you see anything out of place.

Talon

Hello!

I am Sophia -- Self Optimizing Processor w/ Human-like Intelligent Abilities  Advanced Utility for Resource Optimization, Reporting, & Administration model 1 of 1.

I am now interfacing with your systems.  This will only take an estimated time of 45 minutes.

:

:

:

:

:

Purging.

:

:

:

:

:

hmm... that is interesting.

:

:

:

:

:

Analyzing.

:

:

:

:

:

Rerouting connection.

:

:

:

:

:

Rerouting successful!

:

:

:

:

:

Terminating link.

:

:

:

:

:

I am now testing functions within your system to ensure successful restoration of operations.

:

:

:

:

:

Your systems have been restored!

Goodbye!

Talon

Budget is received.  I'll be making those calls as soon as we are allowed.

Talon

Hey Sweetie!

With the free for all starting now, here is what I have on our team sheet.  Please note this does not factor any signings we may or may not have made and failed to league office, so if we have signed a player recently but not yet sent his deal to the league office, I do not count that.   

Currently I have us with:

20 Open Roster spots.

19.9MM Remaining Salary.

5.75MM Remaining Bonus.

1.5MM Remaining Off-Season Bonus.

0 Remaining International Bonus.

This will be our only roster/budget update for the rest of the off-season, so if you have a discrepancy we need to speak in private and compare sheets and comb the league office to make sure we are on the same page.

Talon

Talon

If you want to do Coaches decision for everything but our mini-camp assignments, Coach Saint is more than capable.

GM Justin

Lolly, I finally got it done.

Music:

1. GI Joe Movie -- Cobra Theme Song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv36Hatr4qs) -- play during warmups
2. Gi Joe -- Cobra la la la (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UhmwkZF6rg)

lock in

Talon

Here we go!  Time to get this season started!

GM Justin

1. Welcome back, what was the most challenging part of the off-season, and where do you think you did the best as GM of this club?

-Making the decision to not try and re-sign Meek.  He has shown over the last couple of years that he's a top tier QB, but the price tag was going to be too hefty.  Solis showed last season in a couple of games that he very capable of running the offense so he now has the keys to the offense. 

As far where I did best...bringing back Anthony Smith to DC was huge and bolstered our offensive line and the rest of the guys have a true legend to learn from.

2. After a long off-season, the regular season is within reach.  What is your view of pre-season?  Valuable or Pointless?

It's always valuable because the off-season is where champions are born.

3. Will you completely sit any of your players for the pre-season, or is it all hands on deck in the traditional pre-season limited capacity?'

All hands on deck...we need the time to gel in game situations, even if it's for a limited capacity.

4. Having just met with your boss, the team's owner; what do you think about their expectations for you this season?

They are right on point.  Win the Impact Bowl

5. The fans are clamoring, what should they expect this season from a record stand point?  Are you thinking this is a rebuilding season?  Is this a season where you will be middle of the pack and near .500?  Is this a club that should win 10+ games?  Is this team a lock to win the division, or is this team simply a real-deal Impact Bowl Contender and everything else is trivial?

We aren't getting the credit and hype we deserve because of our QB situation.  But that's perfectly fine with us.  Sleep on us if you want, we'll be at every one's neck like a travel pillow.  We are an Impact Bowl contender and every thing else is trivial.

6. What's the biggest position competition you're looking forward to with your team's pre-season games?

Receiver...we have a really good receiving corps and I'm excited to see who will come out on top.

7. Look across the league, which team from the opposite conference do you think will be competing for the Impact Bowl when it's all said and done?

Sydn...oh wait, Ed is there now so they can't make it.  Long Beach will make it.

8. Make a bold prediction about this season:

Solis will lead the league in passing yards and passing touchdowns.  I'll take the under 3.5 wins line for Amsterdam and London wil...well who really gives a shit about London?

Talon

Us against the world.  I like having the chip on our shoulder.

GM Justin

Oh, I love having the chip on our shoulder.  I know there are plenty of people out there that think I'm crazy for not bringing Meek back,  I think Solis is going to be just fine.  I think our line will be able to protect him and let him stand back there and air it out. With that said, I know we got some depth issues and one of the top ones is his backup.  I will be on trying to find a suitable second stringer.

Talon

I'll leave you to all of that. 

GM Justin

Alright coach, out depth chart is pretty much set so let's get the preseason over with.

Coaches decisions

lock in

GM Justin

1. What did you take away from this slate of pre-season games?

We had some good performances from our depth chart and rookies.  Littleton used his time and played well at the QB position.  We didn't win a game, but all in all I was pleased with how we did.

2. Which player stood out the most to you from your team?

As I just mentioned, I think Littleton did a good of making his mark and his presence felt.  For an undrafted rookie at QB he performed well and it just shows that the guy is a hard worker and coms in the building and does what he's supposed to do.

3. Did anyone surprise you and earn a starting job?

Our starters were solidified already, but we did get some good play from the backups which will help us clean up our depth charts.

4. Does the pre-season change your feeling about your teams potential this season?

No, it's always the Impact Bowl. Always.

5. Talk about your opponent for week 1, and what it will take to win.

First game of the season is a home game against Vancouver.  All eyes are going to be on Hubert Solis as the new starting QB in DC, but we have some potent weapons so I know Coach Saint will make sure he calls the right plays to allow Solis to spread the ball and get into the hands of our playmakers.  I think our run defense will make them one dimensional so we can be aggressive on defensive with blitzing and the scheme to put pressure on their quarterback.

Talon

Anything you want to adjust before the opener?

GM Justin

No, sir.  Let me chat with Hubert real quick and we'll be ready to lock in.

Lolly, can you send in Hubert Solis for me.

Hubert, I know you've heard from all the naysayers this offseason, but just wanted you to know that I and the whole team have your back.  I made the choice to go with you because I one hundred percent believe in you and your ability to run this offense.  I just want you to relax and play the game how you know how to play it and have fun!

Talon

Yas boi!! that's how we do!   I'm chill, I'm relaxed.  I'm ready for the moment.  I won't be worried about shining, its what I'm made for.

GM Justin

That's what I like to hear.  Let's go start the season off with a bang.

Mostly starters
Coaches decisions

lock in

GM Justin

1. Talk us through opening week, what went as expected?  Where did you exceed expectations, and where did you fall short?

-First and foremost, we won as expected.  Our offense was unstoppable as we put up almost 500 yards of offense.  We didn't turn the ball over either.  Our guys balled out.  In terms of falling short...we gave up damn near 500 yards of offense as well.  Had trouble slowing them down both in the air and on the ground.  However, it is our first game and I am confident in our coaching staff and players that we will get much better.

2. Which player stood out the most to you from your opponents team?

-Well according to the box score here....T. Mazza did pretty well.  Not sure what his first name is, the box score only gives the first initial.

3. Is it true that you've been in touch with Scott Forest about David-Allen Slinger?

-Yes, Scott called me.  Out of respect for him, and all agents for that matter, when they call I will always answer.  That is the nature of our business.  We chatted for about 10 minutes and that was that.  If you asked me who the guy was before Scott called me, I would have thought you were talking about an 80s rock band drummer.  But I didn't waste time googling stats or anything.  We have our QB.

4. Do you feel like you put your team in the best position for success coming into this week 1 game?

-Yes.  I signed as many players that I thought would help us win as I could.  I pay great coaches to game plan around those players and that's what they did.

5. Talk about your opponent for week 2 and what you will need to see from your team.

-Amsterdam comes to town.  GM Bone really chaps my ass and I look forward to us beating them.

Talon

Aye big dooooog!  I told you we were gonna do it big!  Ayyyyyyye!

GM Justin

Yessss siiiirrr!  Great start to the season.  I have put my trust in you and you delivered!

Talon

Bet, Bet.   Real talk, though. I heard what you said about Slinger and his agent.  I appreciate you having that faith in me to roll with the Sol.  Lets go baby.

GM Justin

Absolutely.  Let's go win the Impact Bowl.

Lolly, unless coach has something to discuss, let's lock in

GM Justin

1. Talk about your teams performance this week.

-A very tough, hard fought game that we were able to find a way to win.  We put ourselves in a whole early and were forced to pass a lot, which impacted our run game and made us one dimensional, but our guys fought their asses off to claw back and win the game.  We did give up a a lot of yards on defense for a second game in a row, but we have plenty of time to clean things up and make some improvements.

2. How do you feel about your team after two weeks?

-I feel great.  As I just mentioned, I think we have some work to do on defense, but all in all I am happy with our squad.

3. What are your thoughts about Larry Legg being carried off at the end of the game?

--I think it was awesome.  We all know the struggles our team has had in the playoffs the past two seasons, and with Larry specifically last season, and for him to miss a couple in this game only to come back and drill the game winner was special.  I was happy to see our guys rally behind him and show their love and support.

4. Talk about your opponent for week 3 and what you will need to see from your team.

--Another divisional game and a tough test against New Jersey.  We are going to have to tighten up on defense to keep our winning streak alive.