DC COBRAS [GM POWERS - LOA]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 10:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

That kick going through the uprights was a thing of beauty.   We're not flawless, but we showed a lot of guts to go get that football and get the win.

GM Justin

We definitely have some things to work on, but we fought back and got the win...against a divisional rival no less.  With that being said, one thing I did want to focus on is our interior defensive line.  Now, unless my eyes are deceiving me....out defensive tackles have not recorded a single tackle in two games...and that's out of all of them, let alone Clark and Glaze.  That would help explain our run defense at the moment.  Any idea what's going on?

Talon

DT is always tough to evaluate, but you're right about no tackles from our interior.  They are all getting plenty of snaps.   We can try moving our d-line focus to run defense and see if that does make a difference, but it could also be a case where our DTs are eating up blockers and the LBs are making the tackles for them.

GM Justin

Let's hold steady and re-evaluate in a couple of weeks.  Let's go get another victory.

lock in

GM Justin

1. Talk about your teams performance this week.

Might have to start calling ourselves the Cardiac Cobras....but all jokes aside, I love this team because they keep finding ways to win.  Despite our backs being up against the wall we had the knockout blow to win the game.  I love teh fight in our guys.

2. Do you feel a particular coach has stood out on your staff, and why?

-I'm going with The General, Mervin Patton.  I got flack all offseason because we didn't re-sign Meek and were going with Solis as our QB1.  I already believed in Hubert which is why I made the decision to begin with, but Merv has done a great job coaching and tutoring Hubert and it has shown on the field through the first three games.

3. Talk about your opponent for week 4, do you see any holes in their game that you can exploit?

We play Seattle and we are going to force them to try and stop our air attack which should open up some running lanes for AMC to go crazy.  I'd love to see us hang a 50 piece on them.

Talon

Another clutch win.

GM Justin

Yessir.  Let's go get another one

Lock in

Talon

The league is really sent for a loop this week. If you have anything we need to do, just let me know but if not I've got nothing that can't wait.

GM Justin

GM Justin

Tough loss, but that happens when you turn the ball over four times, have the ball over 10 minutes less than your opponent and are one dimensional on offense.

However, it's only one game and I know our guys will bounce back.  Especially this coming week against London.  This game will set the tone for our division for the rest of the season and I know we will be victorious.

Talon

Good teams bounce back from a loss, we have to bounce back this week and win this important division game.

GM Justin

Well lets go see what we're made of

lock in

GM Justin

If Oldfield wants to win a division title, I see that Charlotte and Milwaukee may be looking for new GMs in the offseason. 

We have Detroit coming up and we will continue go out and handle business.

Talon

5-1 is a good stop to be.  Nice bounce back win after the Salt Lake loss. 

GM Justin

Agreed, but man are we getting torched in the air. I know we can use an upgrade at CB2 and I will work on seeing what I can do about that. In the meantime, do you think Marquise Jackson would be worth a shot at the spot?

Talon

I dont think he'd do worse, so it could be worth it.

GM Justin

Alright, let's make that switch and lock in

CB2- Marquise Jackson
CB3 - Kevin Agholor

lock in

GM Justin

"Now that was a good ol' fashion ass cuttin.  Takes me back to my younger days when my grandfather would take a baseboard and come after us like Waylon Hagan with a hard on for a quarterback and swing that thing like a baseball bat and punish our thighs with it.  The guy was drunk by 10am from drinking Busch Light starting at 5am.  Think about that for a second....imagine how many cans he would have to drink of Busch Light to be two sheets in the wind by 10am.  If you caught the guy before 9:45am you'd be in for a good laugh.  But after that, stay as far away as possible.

Anyways, we did a couple of things good, but at the end of the day that was just one of those games you chalk up to the game of football and move on to the next. And our next contest is Portland.  I look forward to our guys putting this loss behind us and taking out our frustrations on Portland.  I'm challenging our guys to put 50 on the scoreboard."

Talon

That was a game we have to chalk up to Coach Swope being one of the best in the business when it comes to scheming against a young QB, I'm confident we're going to bounce right back and put the league back on notice this week.

GM Justin

Yeah, I'm not overly worried about it.  I'm sure you've seen, but I've made a deal to bring in Daniel Coleman to help strengthen the defensive backfield.  Hopefully having him opposite Basham will help shore up our passing defense. 

Talon

I like moving on from Agholor, so hopefully Coleman proves his worth.

GM Justin

I hope so as well.  With that being said, what are we running more of....man or zone coverage?

Talon

There isn't a real way to see the splits, but our strategy is set to play a balanced mixture of the two.

GM Justin

Got it -- alright, let's go ahead and lock in.

CB2 - Daniel Coleman
CB3 - Marquise Jackson

lock in

Talon

48 HOUR PRESS CONFERENCE WARNING -  $100K BONUS POOL FINE IF PRESSER IS NOT POSTED IN NEXT 48 HOURS

Talon

Sir, we've been fined $100K for missing our press conference deadline.   Please league office that payment prior to locking in for the week.

GM Justin

Thank you, Lolly I will make sure to do that.  With that being said, send coach in please.

Coach, a great bounce back win. On top of that, I've been able to add Sam Rose to the secondary.  Alvarado has been good as a rookie, but I think a seasoned vet like Rose can help elevate the defense and hopefully give us a spark on that side of the ball.

Talon

Rose is a great addition.  He'll be a great fit and a good presence in the locker room too.

GM Justin

Well we have the bye this week, so biggest thing I have is if you think Solis is our future at QB?  He's on the last year of his rookie deal, so need to determine if we are going to extend him and at what price. That part I will decide of course, but want your input if you think we can ride with him for the next couple of seasons.

Talon

I think Hubert is a great kid, the question is do you believe in our system and think you can find another high IQ, high accuracy player we could plug in and just keep the rookie QB contracts going.  It would give us a ton of flexibility elsewhere on the roster.

Meek has struggled in the PFL after he left my system, for what its worth.

GM Justin

Definitely some food for thought.  Well lets get rested this week and get ready to make our march to the Impact Bowl.

lock in

GM Justin

"Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen of the press pool.  I am here so I don't get fined.  With that out of the way, I'll take some questions."

At the mid point of the season, discuss your division and your placement in the standings: are you where you want to be and what is the biggest surprise for you so far this season?

"At the top of the division and the top of the conference.  We are exactly where we want to be.  Our guys have played their asses of this season.  We've had a couple of come from behind wins and we've had a couple of tough losses.  But whatever the case may be, our guys have been resilient and keep finding ways to win.

The biggest surprise so far.....Bone still has a job."

Who is your MVP at mid-season and why?

"I could go a couple of ways with this answer, but I'm going with Hubert Solis.  We heard all the chatter from the outside when it was known that we were not re-signing Meek and that we were going to roll with Solis as our QB1.  The young man has delivered like we knew he could and would."

How would you grade your head coach after your first 8 games of the year?

"A plus...Coach Saint has been great at having our team prepared every game and has done great work along with Coach Patton in getting Hubert prepared.  We've had a couple of tough losses, but he made sure our guys kept focus and we bounced back with wins after those losses.  He has been steady the whole season and I'm glad he is our coach."

Talon

Cleveland.  It will feel good to hand an "L" to their mouthy GM, he's like a young GM Pancho without the championship to back it up.

GM Justin

Pancho is like a gnat at the family barbeque that won't stop flying by your ear while you eat.  Annoying little shit and washed up to boot.  So I will be happy to hand Whining Wayne a loss. 

With Butler out, we'll get a chance to see Lloyd in action and see if he can be our future at the position.  Cleveland has a tough defense, especially against the run.  Is this one where we throw it 60 times? 

Talon

If they bottle up AMC, we obviously have to go guns blazing in the pass game, but we're built for it.

GM Justin

Alright coach, I'll let you get to game planning while I check in with a couple of the guys.

Lolly -- can you send in Hubert Solis for me?

Hubert, halfway through the season and we sit atop the conference.  Everyone will be gunning for us from here on out and we have the proverbial target on our backs.  You've been great thus far and we're going to need you to keep doing what you're doing if we're going to make it to the Impact Bowl.

Talon

We hear all the doubters, that chip on my shoulder spread to the whole team boss, we all know its us against the world.

GM Justin

Us against the world, you got damn right!  Let's go get that Impact Bowl

Sam Rose - FS1
Burt Alvarado - FS2

Galen Loyd replaces Jerome Butler on the depth chart

Lock in

GM Justin

"Ladies and gentlemen I'm going to get right to it -- another victory for our team and a hard fought one at that.  We came out of the bye week and took care of business.  We got a little sloppy with the turnovers, but we were able to overcome the mistakes and get the W.

With that being said, shout out to AMC!  The HIFL's all time leading rusher and the guy has plenty left in the tank.  I honestly don't think that when all is said and done....anyone will be able to break his record after he retires.  He's going to run for a ton of more yards and will be damn near impossible for anyone to catch him. 

Also, big shout out to Daniel Coleman...our defense needed a boost and in two games, he has three interceptions, including this one where it sealed the victory for us.  He has played lights out since coming and is exactly what the doctor ordered.

We have St. Paul this week in a Monday night showdown and we have the chance to extend our conference leading lead, along with our division lead.  GM Jon's teams are always a tough matchup, but our guys have what it takes to get the victory."

Talon

7 Games to go. Our magic number to clinch the division is 5.

GM Justin

We know what we need to do -- let's go take care of business.  I'm going to talk with AMC real quick and then we'll lock in.

Lolly, can get you get AMC please.

Adrian, congratulations are in order sir.  It was great to watch you break the record and even better that you did it in a Cobras uniform.  Bringing you in last year was one of the best moves I've made as a GM.  I look forward to seeing how high you take the record.

Talon

Thanks for bringing me in boss, it's been great being a part of this Cobras organization.  I'm ready for us to bring home a title.

GM Justin

We'll lets go take care of business.  I'll let you get back to work.

Lolly, can you send in Daniel Coleman please.

Daniel -- welcome to DC!  You have definitely made yourself at home and have proved your worth already.  You have been a much needed boost to our defense.

Talon

You know it!  DC needed a little D.C. baby!

GM Justin

Yes, sir. Now let's go get that impact bowl trophy.

Lock in

GM Justin

"We picked up a win against a solid St. Paul team.  But I would be remiss if I didn't bring up the fact that something crazy is going on....the way we kick against St. Paul...something's just not right. I'll have to seriously think about asking the league to inquire.

With that out of the way, the trade deadline is fast approaching. As you all know, I am not shy about making a deal if I think it helps improve our football team and our chances of winning."

Alright coach, we have Amsterdam coming up....I know they're a dumpster fire right now, but they always play us tough.  Anything we need to be worried about?

Talon

I think this is the time were we put a nail in their heart and leave them for dead.

GM Justin

Agreed.  I'm making a deal for Shack...I love the long-term upside of Battles, but I think bringing in a proven edge rusher like Shack can not only help our pass rush, but also help Battles with his development.  It's going to come at the expense of losing Glaze, but I'm confident Scott can adequately fill in.  Thoughts?

Talon

Using our surplus of talent at DT to help our pass rush on the edge?  sounds like a great plan.

GM Justin

Alright, let's go destroy Amsterdam.

Jaquizz Shack - DE1
Dele Obaje - DE2
Moses Battles- DE3

lock in