ANCHORAGE BRUINS [GM YOUNT]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 10:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

GM Dario

A Thousand Thank You's, Amber. I definitely appreciate the help here.

Two for Two, Shay. Shall we try three for three?  Let's see if Steve Rosenhaus is available.

Mr. Rosenhaus, It's Dario in SkyBear Country. 
Checkin' to see if Michael Zuniga would like to
suit up for the Bruins for the rest of the season at 1M.

Talon

Signed, Sealed, and Delivered, Baby!

GM Dario

Perfect-o, Steve-O

A Trifecta for ya, Shay. I need to have ya picking' my Lotto Numbers

Let's bring in Coach Graham

Coach, we got three fresh quarterbacks for us.
All three bring something different to the table. How would you like to set the depth chart?

Talon

From an overall its Dak > Rivera > Zuniga.

From Arm strength its Dak > Zuniga > Rivera

from IQ its Dak > Rivera > Zuniga

from Accuracy its Rivera > Dak > Zuniga

GM Dario

Then let's set things set like this-

QB1 Prescott
QB2 Rivera
QB3 Zuniga
QB4 Dario

C1 Si'Lo'Ha
C2 Smith

LT3/RT3 Mull
LT4/RT4 Si'Lo'Ha

LB3 Marks
LB4 Moody
LB5 Martino
LB6 Hunter

And May the SkyBear Bless us on this Occasion
just a little more this time.

Locked In Baby!!

GM Dario

SEASON 15 - Week 11

The great Ebby Calvin Laloosh once said: "I love winnin', you know what I mean man? I f'n love winnin'! It's like better than losin'   !"

1. Discuss your weeks results.

So I know a lot of people did not expect much out of the SkyBear's team against Tucson on the road with a quarterback that we just hired off the street. But a veteran leader like Dak Prescott, showed what he can still bring to the table. We didn't ask him to go out there and do anythin' more than what he has been doing for his entire career. He made some timely throws. We kept him upright and I thought he played a very good game for one, not knowin' the system, and two, not really knowin' the players. We had some very timely defensive plays includin' Manny's interception that we turned right around and got the big play, which made it a two score game. Jacob set us up with a short field on one with that amazin' punt return. And the guys just played as if there was no pressure on them. Nobody expected them to go out there and be competitive, let alone take the lead and win this game. So hats off to the coachin' staff. Hats off to the players. Hats off to Shay for runnin' through the list and findin' our three quarterbacks. Hats off to everybody in KC Baby!

2. Discuss any news that interested you.

Now is this the return of Dak Prescott? One game makes a difference, but we still have more games to play. Julius looks to be questionable this week but I'm gonna stay with Dak until Julius is completely healthy. We'll keep the four quarterbacks running for now and will need to find somebody for Chris Hunter though, who's gonna be put on IR after the broken ankle.

3. Talk about your plans for this week.

This coming week, we play Lincoln. Last time we played them, we "shocked the world" by goin' into Lincoln, usin' a little #MojicaMagic in relief of Jules and managed to upset the Pride at their place. Now they're comin' into the SkyBear's Wigwam so we're goin' to try to use some #DakAttak this time and see if we can't go 2-2 in the division and get one step closer to .500.

If there's not any questions, I'm gonna go celebrate this one with my guys and we'll see you in Kansas City next week

What a difference a week can make, hmm Coach?  I'm the biggest believer that the SkyBear will provide but that Dub was just what this team needed.

It cost us Hunter so I'll check the wire to see who's available.

I'm thinkin' we roll with the hot hand and keep Dak startin' and not rush Jules back until he's full. A and Zu can cover until then as well.  Thoughts?

Talon

Julius still isn't 100%, so I agree, lets leave him sitting until he's cleared for full activities.

GM Dario

Agreed.  Got my eye on a kid to fill in for Hunter. Back with ya in a minute, Coach

Shay. Ya did splendid on QBs. Let's see how well you go with a Strong Safety.  Let's see if Bobby Shapiro is available.

Bobby baby! It's your fave from KC.  Ya got a kid outta North Texas who somehow got overlooked . I wanna bring him in.  Can we get Garrett Conger in for a UDFA of 350k for the rest of the season? 

Talon

GM Dario

Beautiful Bobby!!!! You're the best.

Shay, I DEFINITELY need ya pickin' Lotto Numbers.  I need Coach Graham, if ya will.

Coach, we'll keep things pretty much status quo
So let's set things set like this-

QB1 Prescott
QB2 Rivera
QB3 Zuniga
QB4 Irvin
QB5 Dario

LB3 Marks
LB4 Moody
LB5 Martino
LB6 Jarrett
LB7 Conger

SS1 Driver
SS2 Conger

The SkyBear blessed us once against the Great State of Lincoln.
Let's go for Two!

Locked In Baby!!

GM Dario

SEASON 15 - Week 12

Amazin' how the HIFL works. Penthouse to Outhouse over the course of a week.  We didn't pay bad against the Pride. They just did to us what we needed to do to them. They ran the ball and controlled the tempo. We played from behind and we just don't play that well when we gotta do that.  Dak got banged up and isn't lookin' very comfy for our next game, so we'll shake up the magic 8 Ball and see who wants to play QB this week.   Big UPS to Myles Jack on a 17 tackle game but sorry we wasted it on an L.

Well, I made a clerical error and didn't have Conger on the roster for the Lincoln game. But, silver linin' did happen because the boys in Memphis picked up the kid so he's gettin' to play Big Time Football for the rest of the season.  Sometimes ya win, Sometimes ya lose, Sometimes.... it rains.  So we'll scour to find a replacement and this time I'll let Shay made the right move before we move forward towards Game time.

Some tidbits of note -

Hudgins and Hyland tryin' to figure out who's the best H in the league.
Rutgers gettin' a 50 burger laid on them at home.. YEEEESH
Huerta still High after that 11th straight win.
And Good to see our Egyptian "Brothers from other Mothers" get a Dub over South Africa.

3. What is more interesting to you the PFL or the IFAF, do you believe either is a true rival or threat to the HIFL?  Who is your favorite player from either league and why?

When I left college, I just wanted to play ball. Didn't matter where, I just wanted to keep goin'.  That's how I see any football league as a GM as well. So, my take on all the leagues - More Players. More Teams. More Revenue. More Opportunity. More Football.

4. The bye weeks are through; five games remain this season; evaluate your team and season, if you still have a shot at the playoffs what does your team have to do to close out the regular season on a high note?

We're not where we wanna be, but I still think we can make a decent season out of it by finishing strong. I'd like to get to 8-8 but anything over 5 Wins, would be a Big Dub for us.

What a difference a week can make, hmm Coach?  Sounds like f'n Deja Vu All Over Again.

That was my bad on the Conger snafu.  Didn't mean to leave ya one short against the Pride.  I'll grab another Safety in just a few.

Now we got Dak hobblin'  but Jules looks probable.  So, roll with Julius or Arnold or Zuniga at QB1?

Talon

...I don't think adding a UDFA back up safety is really going to matter, we dont have to do anything if we don't want to. 

Yeah I guess we go back to Julius *sigh* ...Im just tired of the quarterback drama.

GM Dario

Then we'll just leave Hunter on the roster and hope the Depth at Safety and Special Teams isn't affected too much.

So, pick ya brain Coach... Are the QB's issues caused by the Line Protection, the Quarterbacks, the physical training or just Bad Luck? 

Or all of the above?

Talon

I think its just a combination of bad luck and durability; but our line has missed the 3rd most blocks in the league, so it is probably on them as well.

GM Dario

Havin' to start a Rook at Right Tackle and also havin' another fill in for half the season at Center is probably part of that.
We'll have to address the Line Coachin' in the offseason and trainin' camp next season. Perhaps a OL Camp with a couple
of retired vets to bolster the blockin' IQ.

Anythin' else we need to address for the rest of the season?

Talon

Just looking forward to the off-season and a chance to make some things right for next year.

GM Dario

Then let's see what we can do this week.

QB1 Irvin
QB2 Rivera
QB3 Zuniga
QB4 Prescott

LB3 Marks
LB4 Jarrett
LB5 Moody
LB6 Martino

SS1 Driver
SS2 Starling

Locked In Baby!!

GM Dario

SEASON 15 - Week 13

Well, strike up the band! The SkyBear's team puts up a W on the road Baby!!!

Good to have Jules back under center but it was a cold weather game and we put our runnin' game on point with both RW and Jacob goin' over 100... and Randall K gettin' another Heavy Jumbo TD just makes things a little bit more fun.    But YUUUUUUUUUGE Kudos to Coach Piper and Coach Graham for shuttin' down the DC Run Game. 18 yards on 19 attempts, and 4 Forced Turnovers, that's top shelf D right there all across the team. Manny's makin' me look like a Champ with 3 Picks of Meek and a couple more since takin' over as the starter. All in all, big win for us. Gets us to 5-7, and a chance to keep playin' spoiler as we hit the 4Q of the season.

Lotsa News Tidbits to talk about.
- Glad we don't play Orlando this season with the way the Samoan Savage blasted Cancun
- Seattle and Rapid City lookin' for some high profile GM's. Some Dolla Bills gonna be dropped in the Off season
- QB's bein' QB's with Smoak, Kitchen, and Barger doin' what they do.  But ya take the bad with the good, so it is what is it.
- College Football is gonna be like 'last one at #1, turn off the lights on the way out'
- Good to see Perryman doin' the dang thing for another 3 in Baltimore.

3. If you could will your team into fixing or improving one thing, what would it be?

The smart money would be Keepin' our QB's healthy, but in realistic terms, just bumpin' up the talent level one star would be a Skybear's Blessin'. It's not that we're not good, we'd just be better as a whole with that nudge towards 5 stars.

4. You going to win this week?

The plan is to win every week. But that's the plan of the opponent too.  San Antonio's playin' up and down this year. We have a chance to hurt their playoff chances this week with a Win at home. If we can just play our game, and keep forcin' turnovers, we'll be 6-7 by the end of the week.

Coach, it doesn't have to pretty to be effective but getting a Win on the Road against a DC team, is a huge feather on the head-dress. 

Anythin' special we need to do against Smoak and company?

Talon

If we hit Smoak, we can get the ball back.. That's the focus for me, dude.

GM Dario

Coach Graham, I like that focus...

Let's do the dang thing.

Defensive Philosophy up to Aggressive.

Locked In Baby!!

GM Dario

SEASON 15 - Week 14

1. What stood out to you about your team this week?

#NeverSayDie  **More Big Ups to GM Gooch!**

The guys went into the game with nothin' to lose.
No Style points in this one, but great to see Walt light things on FIYAH in OT. 
And that Kicker we got... He might just be ok.

A personal best as a GM with 6 Victories this season, but we're gonna try to make it more.

Lots More News Tidbits to talk about.
-- Gutted about Smoak. We all know the risks. We all know it's a contact sport.
And nothin's gonna be malicious, but we gotta take care of ourselves too. 
I hope he's good, and if that means hangin' it up, he needs to do just that.

-- Two Words... Samoan Bulldozer!  Two More Words... Holy Crap!

-- How 'bout the Renegades?  I knew seein' them in Week 1, they were gonna be a force...

-- Can Florida Atlantic run the table? #GiveAHoot!

-- Interestin' Vibe in the PFL when ya cut a Starter for makin' comments. 

-- Russia defeated Ukraine.  Good thing it was just Football and not Risk or Global ThermoNuclear War

3 Weeks to go, do you make changes or are you ready to roll with what brought you to the dance?

I know it's a near Zero Chance of gettin' all the dominoes to fall right and get in the playoffs, but We're vibin' right now, so we're probably gonna ride the wave.

Coach, Clutch W at home. Says a lot for the team and the staff to go out there and play to win and not just play.
On the Road to play the Dragon.  We just gonna Keep on Keepin' on?

Talon

Unless you plan otherwise

GM Dario

If it ain't broke!!!!

Locked In Baby!!

GM Dario

SEASON 15 - Week 15

So I was gonna go for a Madlib press conference this week, then I thought about it and I was like "Nah that ain't my style, baby."

Well snap back to reality. The Dragon burned us badly, more accurately, it was DGB that we had no answer for. We played from behind and that's not good for us. We need to stay ahead of the sticks or we get results like this.

Two weeks to go sorta see if we can salvage 8-8 against the 'Peg and El Infierno.

Even Lots More News Tidbits to talk about.
-- Cannon: I swear to you, the only thing that would've made that better is if Canon was wearing a cheesy mustache or one of those Luchador masks when he was playing for one team and not with the other.

— I know a lot of people are talkin' about the Samoan Bulldozer being PAID next season, but I think I would spend a handful of Dollars on Wright If he's unsigned and if I was in need of a quarterback. Right now the Skybear's team is lookin' pretty good but as like anythin' in the HIFL, #neversaynever.

-- For those of you that are wonderin', I do not have a concussion, and I'm not crazy either, my mother had me tested. #SheldonCooper

-- Can Florida Atlantic keep runnin' the table? #GiveAHoot!

-- #HIFL > #PFL

-- Sorry to see our "brothers from another mother" in Egypt get eliminated from the IFAF post season opportunity - #NextYear

3.  would you rather lose the final two games to improve your draft position or do you want to finish on a winning streak?

I'm rememberin' what my old coach said- "ya play to win the game". So that's what we're gonna try to do

Coach, well that didn't look good, but two division games left. Win 'em and we're .500....

I'd like to think we can do this, so I'm just gonna roll the dice.  Thoughts?

Talon

The odds are stacked against us to make the playoffs; but I think we have earned some respect considering our lack of consistency under center.

GM Dario

Makes ya wonder if we coulda kept Jules, or anyone, under center all year, we could be talkin' about clinchin' a playoff spot instead probably playin' spoiler.   But we got two more games to show 'em. 

We crapped the bed against the 'Peg last time, so this time, it's your show, Coach.

Anythin' we need to change or just roll with it?

Talon

We just got to give them our best shot.

GM Dario

Let's Go!!

Locked In Baby!!

GM Dario

SEASON 15 - Week 16

Last time, The 'Peg gave us a 50 burger and left us with a freakin' Donut but this time, man, we just took the #1 team in the league to the limit. Shorthanded with no Strong Safeties. And came within 39 seconds of pulling off the impossible.    There's just no quit in this team. We've gone through a lot all season. They could have folded at any time, but they didn't. We didn't.  I'm proud of my guys. I'm proud of our team, no matter what the record.

2. Who has to step up this weekend in your eyes?

Love to see Walt step up and get straight FIYAH to reach 20 Dimes.  Love to see all the guys, includin' our rooks makin' big plays.  We're gonna ask a lot of this defense. We took RC to 15 seconds of winnin' with yours truly under center.  But, we aren't gonna quit now.

3. What does this final week of the season mean for you and your team?

I'm rememberin' what my old coach said- "ya play to win the game". So that's what we're gonna try to do

We're on the road. We're playin' for pride. We're playin' cause we wanna be playin'. LETS GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Coach, Driver's out. Hunter's Doubtful.  I'm gonna get us a Safety then we'll let ya run wild.

Shay, You've been a Godsend all season.  Let's do it one more time. I need to get Eli Harris on the line and make some magic...

ELI!!! My Man!!!  It's Dario in KC. 

Hey, I need to take a flyer on one of your guys.  Thomas Crider outta Pitt. 
So here's what I'm offerin'- Let's get the kid signed for 350K for this last game of the season, and 750K for all of next season. 

Can we do this?

Talon

Sorry TD, he's actually playing in New York for the PFL right now.

Talon

How about Robert Brandon?

GM Dario

The kid from Georgia? 

Yeah, he was my number 2 option. Same offer - sign for 350K for this last game of the season, and 750K for all of next season

That work?

Talon

GM Dario

Sweet. Thanks

Shay-Shay, I need Coach Graham please

So, let's see how this looks

SS1 Brandon
SS2 Starling
SS3 Fultz

FS1 Avila
FS2 Starling
FS3 Fultz

This work?

Talon

GM Dario

Then

Let's Go!!!

*** Locked in Baby!!! ***

GM Dario

SEASON 15 - Week 17

1. Talk about the game this week.  What went right and what ultimately went wrong?

Jules to Jeudy.  That was a combination we wanted to hear all year. Good to see them connect in the final game. Myles Jack was a beast, in this game and all year. He's one of the best in the league. Ultimately, injuries didn't help. We started Brandon at Strong Safety and they went after him. We didn't make enough plays on defense and left points on the board. I think we're better than our 6-10 record shows. I gotta good feelin' about these guys.

2. When you look back on this season, what are some of the words you would use to describe the season?

Injuries. - Losing Jules and Makai for extended times didn't help our offense one bit. Losing Mojica and Hensley, plus Hunter and Driver, forced us to sign some players that we didn't plan on. We might have found a few gems by doin' it, but ya really hope ya never have to move from your 53 after Trainin' Camp.

Constitution. - No matter what happened, no matter who was on the field, the guys just never quit. We coulda folded a million times durin' the games, but they never did.

Youth. - We were by far the youngest team in the league. I can't say for certain to that but when ya have 16 rooks gettin' playin' time and ya only have 3 over 30, you're gonna have some growin' pains. But I tell ya, these kids are good and are gonna get better.

3. Who was your best player this season?

Offensively, we leaned on the run game with all the injuries. RW had over 1700 yards on the ground, add in York's 2700+ all purpose yards, half on the ground, It's quite the formidable duo in the back. But Walter Rivers was on FIYAH with 18 TD's, over 12 yards and 87 grabs, as was Jerry who chimed in 8 TD's as well.  But I would place that honor to Eugene Jett. Jett provided a solid back wall for whoever was at QB and really kept the line in place as we went through the year.

Defensively, it's Myles Jack. No Question. 141 Tackles. 23 TFL, 7 Forced Fumbles. The Team Captain played Outstanding all year. He's the best player on the team this season.

4. Grade the job you did this season as well as that of your coaching staff.

As a GM, I'm gonna give myself a C. We were better than last year. It's my best year so far, gettin' 6 wins. I made some stumbles and didn't put enough on the field to help us in the long run.  I said this earlier in the year that we're a good team, in a league of great teams. We're gonna get there. But our margin for error is so thin.  As a player, it was a D-.  You just don't keep a job kickin' 70% Field Goals. I need to do better or I need to find a better player, end of story.  Coachin' wise - I thought Coach Graham did a bang up job. Expectations were low but we managed to be better despite all the injuries. Coach Seaton and Coach Piper worked their tails off to put our guys in the best position to win games. We did that 6 times.  The staff gets a B

5. What is next for you, do you see yourself back with this club next year?

First off, we're gonna relax for a few. Secondly, Shay and I are gonna see how the numbers lay out for the roster and the draft. Coach Graham has some decisions to make with Coach Seaton and Coach Piper not under contract for next season. So do I expect to be back?  Yeah. I have one more year on my contract. I tweetd earlier that I'm plannin' to ride it out. If the High Chief and the SkyBear say otherwise, then I'll walk that path, but right now, I'm a Bruin for Season 16 and that's how I'm playin' it.

Talon

GM Dario

Coach Graham, as I told the press earlier, ya did a bang up job gettin' us into positions to win games. We had 2 games that coulda went either way.
Obviously if we woulda had Jules for the season, it might have been more, but we can't play those cards quite like that. 6 wins after all we went through, it's pretty damn good, Coach.

So here's how we look to me. You're still under contract for one more season, like I am, and I'm happy with what you brought to the table.
We just need to figure out how to increase the starpower of the returnin' players we have and supplement the gaps with some extra pieces.
I'll give you all the budget I can to get your staff, with or without Coach Seaton and Coach Piper, to help do what's best for the SkyBear's team.

I figure Shay will be contactin' me about meetin' with the High Chief.
I'm hopin' we have a good chat so you and I can get to see this thing out and get #SkyBearSeason16 started with a Bang.

So, shoot me straight Coach. Tell me what's on ya mind.

Talon

Id like to take a little break and discuss it all when the Impact Bowl is over.

GM Dario

You've earned it, Coach.

Contact me whenever you're ready.

Shay, Anythin' else on our plate to handle before you take your well-deserved vacay?

If not, will you please let me know if/when the High Chief would like to have a sitdown about Season 16?

Talon

GM Dario

Greetings, High Chief.

Mr. Danzer, I just wanted to ask for your assessment on All Things related to the SkyBear's team as we close out the season.

Talon

GM Dario.. the league is changing quickly.  Days go by and the Great Sky Bear sees movement.  Mangers becoming free agents with playoff experience; GMs moving on to greener pastures, and others staying for green bills.   

I look to the Skies for advice and I see a vision of you.. Kicking the football through the great uprights in the sky as our team celebrates..  The only thing I do not see clearly is who the quarterback is.

..The message I receive from the Sky Bear is that for you to stay, we MUST find the answer at Quarterback.

My advice to you, use your amnesty to free us of Julius Irvin's contract and find the right solution to our problems.

What say you?

GM Dario

Mr. Danzer, The SkyBear showed me that same vision durin' the course of this season and, as much of a talent that Julius is, I believe we can only go so far under his guidance. So we will look for a new leader to guide the SkyBear's team into the promised land. I think that leader may already be on the roster as we speak but we will look to find this new leader to work with our players and coaches to restore Kansas City back to where we belong.

High Chief , I'm not askin' for anythin' special for this upcomin' season, just the opportunity to see this all play out to completion.

I believe in this team.
I believe in the SkyBear.
And I believe in your guidance,

Mr. Danzer, just give me this opportunity to run Kansas City and let that vision that we've both seen, come true.

Talon

Then make the great spirit animals proud... Go now.

GM Dario

I'm on it, High Chief.

Shay, are the players still available for contact or just the agents? or Neither?

Talon

Everyone is gone until after the Impact Bowl; then we come clean out our lockers etc.... then its off-season vacation; so all business waits until after the Impact Bowl.

GM Dario

That's where I thought we were at, Shay, so we won't dally around too much more. Big Ups to you for keeping' me in line for yet another season. Enjoy your Vacay.  I will see you back after the Impact Bowl.

Locked In Baby!!