S16 Interim GM Rep Election Stage 2 -- Voting round 1 (deadline 3/27 6PM EST)

Started by Talon, March 25, 2023, 08:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

Nominate your candidates here.

A nominee must receive 3 endorsements. 

You can nominate yourself.

You may only endorse one nominee.

STATUS
Alabama - Pancho -- Endorsed (invalid)
Amsterdam - Bone -- Endorsed Pancho
Atlanta - Bennett -- Endorsed Eli
Cancun - Eli* (3) -- Nominated Eli
Charlotte - Kirk -- Endorsed Kirk
Cleveland - Wayne -- Nominated Pancho
Dallas - Strike (LOA) -- abstain
DC - Justin -- Endorsed Kirk
Kansas City - Dario -- Abstain
Las Vegas - Metro -- Abstain
Lincoln - Evans -- Nominated Evans
London - Oldfield -- abstain
Long Beach - Big Dog -- Endorsed Eli
Miami - Gates -- Nominated Wayne
Michigan - Fosters -- Nominated Fosters
Milwaukee - Powers  -- Nominated Kirk
Music City - Franchise -- Endorsed Kirk
Myrtle Beach - Gooch -- Endorsed Pancho
New Jersey - Storm -- Abstain
Oakland - Digger -- Endorsed? (invalid)
Orlando - Rebel -- Abstain
Pearl Harbor - Rinaldi -- Abstain
Portland - Josh -- Endorsed BD
Rapid City - Adam -- abstain
San Antonio - BD - Nominated BD
Seattle - Stark -- Endorsed Eli
St Paul - Jon -- Endorsed Pancho
Sydney - Dazz -- abstain
Tucson - Doug -- abstain
Vancouver - Lucas  -- Endorsed Fosters
Winnipeg - Cory -- Endorse BD

NOMINEES
Alabama - GM Pancho (3) (NOMINATION SUCCESSFUL)
Cancun - GM Eli (3) (NOMINATION SUCCESSFUL)
Charlotte - GM Kirk (3) (NOMINATION SUCCESSFUL)
San Antonio - GM BD (2)
Michigan - GM Fosters (1)
Cleveland - GM Wayne
Lincoln - GM Rex Evans

GM Mike Powers

GM Lucas

As a poster boy of 1000 ways to f'k in HIFL, I can clearly say I've been at the lowest point and I'm slowly now reaping benefits of good business dealings, good GM relationships, honorable agent relationships and player loyalties I've pretty much kept my nose clean in Vancouver minus a few financial snags that I managed to clean up nicely without destroying what I built or dragging anyone down. I would like to set a precedent and nominate the idea of a Co-GM rep with myself as the face of discussions in areas of PFL, IFL and agents, and endorse GM Doug as my Co GM rep as head of treasury, finances and all contractual economics. This is a big responsibility that one person can not take on alone or should have to. Both GM reps now have the ability to hear all sides and have discussions before entering contractual negotiations with agents and the HIFl commission.

Thank You.

GM Black Death

GM Eli

A Co-GM Rep is not a new idea, that was one that I pitched all the way back during the initial GM Rep election.

I am someone who has navigated difficult waters in the past. I have handled tough personalities. And while I believe there are others who will do a good job if they are nominated and elected, I also think I can serve the league well and as such.

I nominate myself.

GM Franchise

Quote from: GM Mike Powers on March 25, 2023, 08:14:33 PM
Nominate GM Kirk

I love this. I'll also nominate myself since it'd be hilarious if I won. All of this nonsense wouldn't be going on. Expect an iron fist toward any war scenario.

GM Fosters

I feel I can navigate us through these troubled waters. It's no secret I will be advocating the best salary cap ride we can and I won't be pandering to PFL demands.

I nominate myself.

GM Yount

"WHILE ID BE HAPPY TO SERVE AS GM REP IF NOMINATED THE BIG DOG WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT IF WERE TALKING ABOUT AN INTERIM BASIS MAYBE HAVING SOMEONE THAT WASNT IN THE ROOM FOR THESE MEETINGS WOULD BE BEST

WERE TALKiNG ABOUT GETTING A PRESENCE IN TO NAVIGATE UNTIL THE END OF SEASON NOT TO NECESSARILY SET SALARY CAP POLICIES OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT

THAT SAID I KNOW GM REP GATES TRUSTED ELI SO ILL GIVE HIM A SECOND NOMINATION TO GET SOME FORWARD MOMENTUM ON SOMEONE IN THIS PROCESS

WHILE ID SELFISHLY LOVE TO BE THE SAVIOR IT WOULD BE DERELICT OF MY STANCE THROUGH THE MEETING OF TRUSTING GATES NOT TO GIVE SOMEONE I KNOW PERSONALLY HAD HIS TRUST THE SUPPORT TO RUN FOR THE INTERIM POSITION

SORRY FOR AIRING YOUR DIRTY LAUNDRY CJ

BUT AGAIN I GIVE ELI A SECOND NOMINATION TO GET ON THE BALLOT

THATS NOT A DEFINITIVE VOTE OR ANYTHING  FOR THE ACTUAL ELECTION BUT I THINK HE DESERVES TO HAVE HIS VOICE IN THE CONVO"

GM Jon

GM Stark

Voting for myself seems self-indulgent. Even though I feel like I'd do what needs to be done until a new GM Rep was nominated, the state of the institution as it stands right now, feels more Machevallien than brotherhood. If GM Eli were in the room with us during that summit I feel like he would do what would need to be done. I wish Gates stuck around, but I can understand his frustration. But, we can't dwell, and when the time comes for another vote hopefully we have some introspective. But until then, GM Eli gets my vote.

GM Gooch

I'll bandwagon on the Pancho vote.

Vote: Pancho

But I think Eli would be a very good choice too.

GM Yount

DICTATED TO SOMEONE IN BIG DOGS OFFICE:

Just to round up, since we're only in the nomination stage:

GM Pancho has 4 nominations ... Cleveland, St. Paul, Amsterdam and Myrtle Beach

GM Eli has 3 nominations ... Cancun, Long Beach and Seattle

Both are through to the voting portion.

If people want to still follow up and nominate them, that's cool. But since those two are already through to the next round, energy might be best focused on whether we want to support anyone else that's thrown their name in there getting added to the ballot or not.

GM Bennett

Voting for GM Eli. I have no desire backing any candidate I feel had a hand in fucking me over or will have one in the future.

If a Co GM scenario was presented that'd be interesting for me but this is where I stand as of now.

GM Lucas

At this point, we need "A" GM Rep, let's get him in and have him settle this madness. I say we all hold still until we can get answers from the commissioners office as to how this will be handle.

GM Dougie

I would endorse either Pancho or Eli. The urgency matters here. Let's get to a resolution.

GM Lucas

I rescind my own nomination and nominate GM Fosters

GM Eli

I believe Pancho and I both would be willing to work with someone who would function as an assistant GM Rep. I don't know if Pancho would be willing to take that role on himself but if I happen be elected as GM Rep, I would be more than happy to have Pancho working in an AGM Rep/Consigliere/Advisor type role.

GM Jon

What is this AGM nonsense?

What exactly is the AGMs responsibility?

GM Pancho

Quote from: GM Eli on March 25, 2023, 09:05:19 PM
I believe Pancho and I both would be willing to work with someone who would function as an assistant GM Rep. I don't know if Pancho would be willing to take that role on himself but if I happen be elected as GM Rep, I would be more than happy to have Pancho working in an AGM Rep/Consigliere/Advisor type role.

Honestly before this summit I would've been okay with this. I've essentially done this with Gates unofficially. But I see now that unofficially can have me on the outs. So if you're asking me - I don't want to be an assistant Because I believe I'm the best person for this job.

I officially nominate myself.

GM C4

Who plans to stop the PFL from raiding our teams? The shitty GM's in this league have had far too many opportunities to ruin the teams that are here to win games. If we were too open for a collaborative effort -- I'd nominate myself in that regard to work along side other GM's who want the HiFL to be about football, not pressing the nuke button because you're bad at your job.

GM Franchise

GM Black Death

Quote from: GM Cory on March 25, 2023, 09:15:27 PM
Who plans to stop the PFL from raiding our teams? The shitty GM's in this league have had far too many opportunities to ruin the teams that are here to win games. If we were too open for a collaborative effort -- I'd nominate myself in that regard to work along side other GM's who want the HiFL to be about football, not pressing the nuke button because you're bad at your job.

I do , that would be my sole propose is I was elected.  I would not rest until I stop this war

Talon

NOMINATIONS WILL END WHEN ALL GMS HAVE EITHER:

NOMINATED

ENDORSED

OR ABSTAINED

GM Gravedigger

Pancho seems like the level headed rep we could use at this time. I think he'd be a good choice to rep us until the offseason vote.

GM Gates

Pancho or Eli would have been my nomination, and with both already to the ballot, I will nominate GM Wayne.

GM Jon

GMs that have either nominated, endorsed, or abstained:

Powers
Lucas
BD
Eli
Franchise
Fosters
Wayne
Big Dog
Jon
Bone
Stark
Gooch
Bennett
Pancho
Digger
Gates

GMs who haven't:

Cory
Oldfield
Kirk
Rebel
Strike
Metro
Wrong
Rinaldi
Dazz
Doug
Josh
Justin
Storm

Feel free to correct me if I missed anyone.

GM C4

With Pancho and Eli already on the ballot I endorse GM Black Death.

GM Bennett

Cory nominated himself iirc

whoopsie post: nvm

GM Franchise

Quote from: GM Black Death on March 25, 2023, 09:32:11 PM

I do , that would be my sole propose is I was elected.  I would not rest until I stop this war

Honestly I want to kick their ass, bottom line. Poach our players, fuck around and find out what happens.

GM Eli

You missed Dario and someone else (if I can count to 31 properly) but I can't figure out who the someone else is yet.

Talon

GM PANCHO AND GM ELI HAVE ENOUGH ENDORSEMENTS TO ADVANCE.   IF YOU WISH TO ENDORSE OR NOMINATE ANYONE ELSE, YOU MAY BUT THERE IS NO REASON TO CONTINUE TO ENDORSE THEIR CAMPAIGNS.

GM Eli

Quote from: GM Eli on March 25, 2023, 09:43:09 PM
You missed Dario and someone else (if I can count to 31 properly) but I can't figure out who the someone else is yet.

It's T-Ritch. You missed Dario and T-Ritch

GM Evans

This is an interim position and as such should really only be focused on the current PFL crisis.

The goals of this person should be to prevent the PFL from poaching our players and staff, to prevent ourselves and our contemporaries from poaching from the PFL, and to start a discussion on how the two leagues can work together amicably.

There should never have been a summit. We elected a GM Rep for a reason, and whether you agree with his stances or not, he earned the office by popular vote and thus earned the right to make decisions for the best of the league. Because there were multiple conflicting voices in the room, the reputation of the HIFL GMs has plummeted even further than it had already.

I understand many of the arguments that were put forward. Why should the rest of the GMs be punished for something that one GM caused? It's a fair argument, and if the problem was internal, we could have found a way to make sure that the at-fault party was properly punished - and we still can. But that summit was not the place for it. We should not air out our dirty laundry in public, because that only opens our league to more attacks.

The general managers of the PFL are mostly a bunch of buffoons, and I understand why people wouldn't want to negotiate with them or please them or pay them off and so on. I agree with the sentiment, to be honest. But the fact of the matter is, they have big pockets. They can destroy all of us. Our objective should have been to appease them enough to set rules in place that would prevent further harm to our league and our positions. If that means we must give a little, then so be it. Is it ideal? No. Would it have prevented multiple people from our league being offered contracts several weeks into our season? It could have.

We need to elect someone who has the drive and determination to make this happen, but also the willingness to make some concessions. Because as much as we might not want to make them, they are a necessity towards compromise and ensuring our collective future.

I know I haven't had a strong voice in the past, but I am capable of stepping up and doing my best to make sure that we reach an amenable solution. I believe some of the other names already put forth would as well, and my vote will be placed accordingly. But I wanted to make myself known as I have been hidden in the shadows for quite some time.

GM Pancho

Gates did. At this point it's minimizing damage. That's the reality of our current situation. But in the future we can work towards that

GM C4

Quote from: GM Pancho on March 25, 2023, 09:50:41 PM

Gates did. At this point it's minimizing damage. That's the reality of our current situation. But in the future we can work towards that

Gates did a poor job of assessing the quality of GM that was brought to that meeting. I was shocked when you weren't included. Every GM that didn't sign onto the "falling on the grenade" for GM Rebel for the betterment of the league was never fit to represent the league at these discussions to begin with.

We need a swift and frankly aggressive approach.

I never thought I'd completely agree with GM Franchise but the PFL with the help of some of our own GMs are fucking around and they need to find out.

GM Dougie

I already said unofficially that I'd endorse either and since they're already eligible I'll abstain just so it gets us closer to moving on

GM Gates

Quote from: GM Cory on March 25, 2023, 09:56:08 PM
Quote from: GM Pancho on March 25, 2023, 09:50:41 PM

Gates did a poor job of assessing the quality of GM that was brought to that meeting. I was shocked when you weren't included. Every GM that didn't sign onto the "falling on the grenade" for GM Rebel for the betterment of the league was never fit to represent the league at these discussions to begin with.

We need a swift and frankly aggressive approach.

I never thought I'd completely agree with GM Franchise but the PFL with the help of some of our own GMs are fucking around and they need to find out.

For the record, I could only pick 1 GM from each division, and I was the Gulf Division Rep. So I couldn't take Pancho or Eli into that meeting. I tried to take GMs who I had similar ideals as, and GMs who I spoke to before selecting them, who I talked to about what was to happen. I thought I had taken in the ones who wanted the same thing.

GM C4

Out out total curiosity Did you HAVE to pick a GM from all divisions, or was it just suggested that you did?

GM Kirk

We need a wartime GM rep. Not someone who wants to minimize damage or appease the PFL. If they want to poach players, they can hasten their impending bankruptcy to do it. They don't have a strong hand. If we were to ever scrap our cap, the PFL wouldn't be able to sign a single player who was good enough for our league. It's time they learn their place and thank us for lettingthem survive so long. I nominate myself on a scorched earth platform.

GM Rinaldi

*GM Rinaldi lets out a deep sigh.*

"I'm currently dealing with the PFL trying to poach my star linebacker. Mr. Masrani hired me to make his team a title contender and I do not intend on letting Patrick Fox walk to a rival league. I assume most of you who didn't have a player with a shit contract offered are intending on keeping them here as well.

That being said, the summit was a shitshow and there's many people to blame but I'm not here to do that. I already dislike the majority of you and wouldn't piss on about half of you if you were on fire but you are all lucky that I despise the PFL and their GMs even more.

ESPECIALLY KHANTANA.

We need to get to a vote soon and luckily for me, GM Pancho and GM Eli are two of the few GMs that I don't dislike so I will abstain so we can move this along."

GM Gates

Quote from: GM Cory on March 25, 2023, 10:10:06 PM
Out out total curiosity Did you HAVE to pick a GM from all divisions, or was it just suggested that you did?

I was asked to bring one representative from each division as Ace Profits was  doing the same. I was never forced to do so at gun point, but felt like I should.

GM Metro

GM Jon

Debating is all fine and sanding if you have already endorsed, abstained, or endorsed.

If you haven't, please do so.

We can debate further once we get to actually voting someone in.

GM Jon

Quote from: GM Jon on March 25, 2023, 09:40:10 PM
GMs that have either nominated, endorsed, or abstained:

Powers
Lucas
BD
Eli
Franchise
Fosters
Wayne
Big Dog
Jon
Bone
Stark
Gooch
Bennett
Pancho
Digger
Gates
Cory
Evans
Doug
Kirk
Metro
Rinaldi
Justin
Oldfield

GMs who haven't:

Rebel
Strike
Wrong
Dazz
Josh
Storm
Dario

UPDATED

GM Adam Wrong

I will Abstain as I would nominate myself based on being close to being Rep in the past but to add another name into the mix at this time would complicate things.

GM Dazz

abstain

The two best options are already through in Kirk and Pancho, though Pancho may lose my support if he's planning to appease the PFL. They don't have a strong negotiating position so why were we ever offering them $15m? I like Gates but it was no surprise it fell through when he took the meek and the selfish to that meeting with him. To be honest, on hearing the news about GM Funds being used to pay for Rebel's mistake I'm glad the summit did implode. We should be protecting our league and the next GM rep needs to protect our GMs.