Season 16 - Regular Season Awards

Started by Talon, June 08, 2023, 03:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

Posting this now so that once Week 17 is simmed and we release full-season stats you may begin voting for Season 16 Award winners!

Please feel free to share your opinions on who should be nominated or voted on for the annual awards!

AWARDS ON THE BALLOT  --

Most Valuable Player

Offensive Player of the Year

Defensive Player of the Year

Offensive Rookie of the Year

Defensive Rookie of the Year

Head Coach of the Year

Executive of the Year (GM)

Comeback Player of the Year

As always -- please PM me your votes (1st, 2nd, and 3rd place) for all awards categories.

GM Kirk

For GM, I'm thinking Bennett for the team he built in Music City or Franchise for having enough restraint not to Franchise it. Doss, Peerless or Wilkinson for MVP. Laughing man for HC. Don't know about rookies. Hendon for comeback? 120+ pancakes and not the worst for sacks allowed.

GM Oldfield

MVP- Lincoln Doss. Dude dragged us into the playoffs.
Defensive player of the year- Bruce Wilkinson. Broke all sorts of records
GM of the year: there's a few guys who went above and beyond but I think Josh getting Portland in the playoffs for the first time and then winning the wild card match has to be mentioned.

GM Rinaldi

If these are regular season awards then playoffs shouldn't be a factor

GM Eli

Yeah, what Rinaldi said.

Also, Kirk, if you need a few suggestions for ROTY I wrote an editorial on it that was based off rookie stats that Talon had sent me like... week 15 of the regular season.

Personally I think the OROTY should be Miguel Cassidy at OT for Vegas and the DROTY Bronson Forrest at LB in Cleveland just from a purely statistical standpoint but admittedly the offensive options aren't great this year.

GM Mike Powers

Haywood Young was a bright spot on a dumpster fire Milwaukee squad.

GM Eli

Quote from: GM Mike Powers on June 14, 2023, 10:51:27 AM

Imagine what his stats would have looked like if someone hadn't benched him to try and get the #1 pick ;)

GM Justin

AMC for offensive player of the year and MVP

GM Mike Powers

Quote from: GM Eli on June 14, 2023, 10:52:50 AM
Quote from: GM Mike Powers on June 14, 2023, 10:51:27 AM

Imagine what his stats would have looked like if someone hadn't benched him to try and get the #1 pick ;)

He wasn't benched. He was WR4 for 1 game.

GM Dougie

Maldy for MVP. Have to advocate for my guy. Led the league in passing and set the record for most TD passes.

GM Franchise

Peerless Adams for MVP or OPOTY. The triple crown of receiving is enough to get votes for one or both of those awards.

Coach Hill definitely deserves some Coach of the Year consideration too.

GM Gravedigger

Gonna throw out a few Oakland guys...

Comeback player: Daley. Guy was almost out of the league with his concussion issues, ended up with 43 touchdown passes this year.

Offensive Rookie: Knowledge Action-Carter: Maybe not great enough numbers to win the award, but deserves thought for a top 3 vote.

Defensive Rookie: James Rojas: Another guy who might come up a little short numbers wise, but was a legit performer as a rookie, deserves votes.

GM Gooch

I think Jaylon Winston should get some votes for Offensive Rookie of the Year. His play may not have been consistent, but we didn't have an offense that showcased him either. I think he deserves some votes.

Talon

I do appreciate Rojas as a college player who did well. Forest wasnt in the draft and iPerfect was a BBB; so if you're looking at a pure NCAA to HIFL player, Rojas and Harris had really good numbers at LB.

GM Dazz

I just noticed I passed 100 wins this season. In case anyone is still trying to work out why they should vote for me as GM of the Year.