LONG BEACH MERMEN [GM RIZZ]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 10:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

Big Dog, Baby!  DJ would be looking for $4MM per season, to re-sign today.

Talon

YOU WILL SPEAK WITH RESPECT TO MY SWEET LOTUS!  KEEP YOUR "BABY" TO YOURSELF, YOU CAPITALIST PIG!

Talon

Whoa!  What the hell is this?!

Hey big fella, calm down, baby!

I am no one's baby! I have not suckled at the teat of another for decades, for you to insinuate otherwise is grounds for punishment!

Talon

Hey pal, you need to take a step back and let me conduct my business.  GM Big Dog called me, so you need to pump the brakes, ba-- ...

GM Yount

"DOCTOR RINKU ITS THE BIG DOG

IM OKAY I THINK THATS JUST A SPEECH PATTERN MISTER ROSENHAUS USES

LIKE ME SAYING IM THE BIG DOG WHEN I GREET SOMEONE"

Talon

I apologize my sweet Lotus, Rinku's rage roars like a lion when someone oversteps their boundaries in my presence.  I am protective, sometimes overprotective, I apologize to you and to Mr. Rosenheimer. 

Many apologies.. I will make myself scarce, I came home to check on you between sessions, incase you wanted to work on your own flexibility while you waited for dinner..  maybe later.

GM Yount

"IM DOING GOOD THE HOSPITALITIES BEEN GREAT

HOPE THE TREATMENTS FOR TREVOR ARE GOING WELL

MISTER ROSENHAUS APOLOGIES FOR THE INTERRUPTION

WOULD YOU BE WILLING TO HIT THAT FOUR MILLION AVERAGE WITH THREE MILLION FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS AND A THIRD YEAR MUTUAL OPTION FOR SIX MILLION"

Talon

Hmm.. I'll think on it, lets talk again before the end of the week, baby.

Talon

RINKU GROWLS FROM THE KITCHEN

GM Yount

"YES OF COURSE

TAKE YOUR TIME

NOT REALLY BECAUSE WERE IN DECISION WEEK

BUT THINK ABOUT IT OF COURSE

MY MIGHTY GOAT ARMY AWAITS OUR NEXT CALL NEVERMIND THE LION IN THE BACKGROUND

ALWAYS GOOD TALKING"

"ANYWAYS RINKU  SOUNDS LIKE YOURE STILL IN THE BACKGROUND THERE

I HOPE T LAWS TREATMENT RAMP UPS ARE GOING WELL SO FAR

HOPING WE CAN USE THIS AS A SUCCESS STORY IN AN EDUCATIONAL PAMPHLET TO SEND THE SUSPICIOUS BARBECUE MAN"

Talon

I took note of GM Gooch's strange comments.  Hopefully his young #1 overall pick QB never needs my services....

GM Yount

"YES THAT WOULD BE UNFORTUNATE

BUT IM SURE HED NEVER PUT HIS PLAYER IN THAT POSI

WAIT WHAT WAS I TALKING ABOUT

ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE DAMN BRAIN CRAMPS

ANYWAYS THE SETUP HERE IS TOP NOTCH"

"OPERATOR CAN YOU PLEASE PUT ME THROUGH TO COACH JESSICA WOODS

THANK YOU"

"HI COACH ITS THE  BIG DOG

BEEN HARD AT WORK HERE

HOWS THINGS GOING BACK AT HQ"

Talon

Things are going well.  Giving the team the day off tomorrow before we start walk preliminary film study for Sydney. Planning on taking some of the junior coaching staff to a distillery tonight for some coach bonding.

GM Yount

"ID IMAGINE THATLL BE GOOD TO BUILD CAMARADERIE ESPECIALLY WITH SUCH A YOUNG GROUP OF HASHTAG FOOTBALL GUYS IN OUR COACHING RANKS

BUT HEY DONT WANT TO BE A DOWNER JUST KEEP YOUR HEAD ON A SWIVEL OKAY

YOU KNOW THERES ALWAYS A BUNCH OF WEIRDOS AND PAPARAZZI WITH THEIR PHONES LOOKING TO CREATE SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING ANY TIME YOU GO WITHIN A HUNDRED YARDS OF ANY PLACE THAT HAS ALCOHOL

I TRUST YOUR JUDGMENT OF COURSE JUST YOU KNOW DAMN WELL BY NOW THAT BECAUSE OF WHO YOU ARE THERES A LOT OF CREEPS OUT THERE FOLLOWING YOU"

Talon

For sure.  I splurged and rented the whole place out, so it will just be us and our DDs.

GM Yount

"NICE

OBVIOUSLY YOU COACH I GM BUT I THINK WE WERE ON THE SAME PAGE AS FAR AS THE GUYS I RE SIGNED BEING KEY PARTS OF OUR PROGRAM GOING FORWARD SO IM HOPING THATLL BE GOOD FOR THE FOCUS OF THE TEAM TO HAVE THEM SIGNED UP GOING FORWARD"

Talon

Absolutely. Good to keep guys we're developing in house instead of grooming them for success on a rival squad.

GM Yount

"SPEAKING OF DEVELOPING PLAYERS HOPING FOR A BYE WEEK CHECK IN ON SOME OF OUR YOUNG GUYS

HOW IS PETTIGREW PROGRESSING THIS SEASON

I KNOW WE WERE HOPING HE COULD MOVE INTO A STARTING ROLE THIS YEAR WITH A GOOD OFFSEASON BUT HE KINDA GOT PASSED UP BY HUSSEY

IS HE KIND OF PLATEAUING OR DO YOU THINK HE CAN STILL BE A STARTER AT CORNER TWO NEXT YEAR"

Talon

He is not the fastest learner of the bunch, but he's still working on his game and showing signs of more growth to come. I dont think he's ready to be a starter next year, but maybe the year after with some good off-season work.

GM Yount

OKAY GOOD TO KNOW

AS FAR AS WADE DURR HES OBVIOUSLY LOOKED SOLID IN RELIEF OF LUCE AND YOU SAID HES A HARD WORKER

DO YOU THINK HE CAN BE A FUTURE GOOD STARTER WITH SOME TIME IN THE WEIGHT ROOM OR IS HE AT SUCH A DEFICIT TO START WITH THERE THAT HELL BE BEST OFF AS A HIGH LEVEL RESERVE"

Talon

He's best suited as a solid bench player who can step up to help in a pinch, I don't see him becoming a starter.

GM Yount

"OK COOL

WEVE GIVEN CESAR LO SOME TRAINING IN DIFFERENT AREAS AND I KNOW HES A HARD WORKER BUT HOW DOES HE CURRENTLY COMPARE TO VERNON HOLLAND WHOSE CONTRACT IS UP AFTER THE YEAR"

Talon

He's quite a ways behind him.  I wouldnt want to go into camp planning to start Lo at this stage of his career.

GM Yount

"OKAY

AS FOR VERNON DO YOU THINK HE HAS THE POTENTIAL TO KEEP GROWING OR IS HE PRETTY MAXED OUT AT THIS POINT"

Talon

If he keeps working on his conditioning and strength he could be a real bully in the middle of the line.

GM Yount

"OKAY ILL HIT UP HIS AGENT TO SEE IF WE CAN RETAIN HIM AT A REASONABLE PRICE BEFORE THE WEEK IS UP THEN

PROMISE THIS IS THE LAST PLAYER

CHANG BRADLEY I KNOW THE DUDES GORDON RAMSEY RAW BUT WITH HIS STRENGTH AND TOUGHNESS IS THERE ANYTHING WORTH INVESTING IN FOR THE LONG TERM

I KNOW THE SWING TACKLE BACKUP SPOT HAS BEEN AN AREA IVE NEEDED TO ADDRESS FOR A BIT NOW"

Talon

He's got a great work ethic, but his tools are so raw, I dont know that he ever catches up to where he needs to be with us.  I like him as a prospect, but I just don't know that we should burn a roster spot on him as he's many years from even being playable in a pinch.

GM Yount

"YEAH MAKES SENSE

ITS COMPETITIVE TRYING TO EARN SPOTS ON OUR ROSTER GOING FORWARD WHICH IS A GOOD THING

ILL LET YOU GET BACK TO YOUR BUSINESS NOW"

"CAN I GET PUT THROUGH TO ANTHONY CAMPANELLI PLEASE"

"HI ANTHONY ITS THE BIG DOG

WANTED TO TALK ABOUT TRYING TO GET AN EXTENSION DONE FOR VERNON HOLLAND

HOW FAR OFF WOULD THREE YEARS SIX MILLION BE FROM WHAT YOURE LOOKING FOR"

Talon

YOUR OFFER IS ACCEPTED, FUGETTABOUTIT!

GM Yount

"AWESOME

MAY YOUR GABAGOOL BE BLESSED BROTHER"

*BIG DOG tries to quietly give Steve Rosenhaus that call back later in the week he asked for, so as to not risk offending her host. Using her best attempt at American Sign Language, she tries to say "WHATS UP BROTHER ITS THE BIG DOG GIVING THAT CHECK BACK YOU ASKED FOR" but actually signs "I have varnished the clams with sea salt"*]

Talon

I'm thinking we talk in the off-season Ba-... Big Dog.  Right now Im just not ready to sign.

GM Yount

"FAIR PLAY BROTHER WELL CIRCLE BACK AROUND RFA SEASON"

"HI ARIEL ITS THE BIG DOG OVER ZOOM

DOES MISTER COHEN WANT TO TALK TO ME ABOUT ANYTHING WITH IT BEING THE BYE WEEK AND ALL OR IS HE GOOD FOR NOW"

Talon

OWNER MEETINGS WILL TAKE PLACE NEXT WEEK

GM Yount

"OKAY THANKS"

*BIG DOG starts playing Goat Simulator 3 to create good vibes as she anxiously awaits finding out how T-Law's treatments went this week*

Talon

DR. RINKU WALKS INTO THE ROOM, IN HIS HANDS IS A SEVERED ARM... THE ARM OF A QUARTERBACK.

DR. RINKU SETS THE ARM DOWN AND SHAKES HIS HEAD AS HE WASHES HIS HANDS AND APPROACHES.

Talon

I have good news, and I have bad news, my sweet lotus.

GM Yount

"UM BAD NEWS FIRST I GUESS"

Talon

The bad news is that Trevor's rehabilitation is complete for this week, so soon you will be returning to America.

GM Yount

"OH YES THAT WILL BE SAD

THERES ALWAYS ZOOM THOUGH

WHAT WAS THE GOOD NEWS"

*BIG DOG thinks to herself that if the news is that he saved 15% on his car insurance by switching to GEICO .... although maybe that's a bit too capitalist for Rinku, she might cry*

Talon

The good news is we have this evening.  Trevor has gone to explore the city and enjoy his time here, so I brought you fine cuisine and a very expensive bottle of wine.

Also, the treatment and rehab work we did was highly successful.  Trevor has more zip on his fastball than I have seen in any of the pro data I had to work from, so he is throwing as hard as he was coming out of college.  Now the hope is that in my final time with him back in America, we can find another breakthrough that makes him even more powerful.

GM Yount

"OUTSTANDING THATS GREAT NEWS

ALSO EXCELLENT NEWS ABOUT TLAW THATS VERY PROMISING AND HOPEFULLY NEXT WEEK ADDS EVEN MORE"

*BIG DOG decides not to ask what the deal with the severed arm was about. She got very specifically asked to win a playoff game this year, and if this increases those chances & T Law is happy with the added Octane in his tank she's not going to pry too much*

"AH A BOTTLE OF A FINE PEANUT NOYER YOURE TOO KIND RINKU"

Talon

THE NEXT DAY...

"It has been my pleasure to host you, My Sweet Lotus.  I hope we can have dinner again while I am training with Trevor back in America..."

RINKU WALKS TO THE TABLE, PICKING UP THE ARM, PLAYING WITH THE MOTION IN THE JOINTS, HE SMILES AND LOOKS BACK.

"This was how I showed Trevor how the tendons and muscles worked while going through his throwing motions.. very effective tool, indeed."

GM Yount

"AH YES THAT MAKES PERFECT SENSE

AND YES WE WILL MEET AGAIN SOON RINK THANK YOU FOR YOUR HOSPITALITY"

*THE BIG DOG finishes her farewells & boards Air Rinku back to the states, then takes The BIGDOGCOPTER back to team HQ from there, keeping her devices on in case there's any surprise last minute business to be done*

GM Yount

*Obviously T-Law was also sent back to America as well*

Talon

Welcome back.  Trevor's looking great in practice, he's really putting a lot of heat on his passes. 

GM Yount

"THANK YOU COACH

AND THATS GREAT TO HEAR

HES GOT ONE MORE SESSION WITH RINKU LEFT SO HOPEFULLY HE CAN ADD EVEN MORE ZIP

BUT EITHER WAY RINKU SAID HIS VELOCITY HE MEASURED THIS WEEK WAS THE BEST IT HAD BEEN SINCE COLLEGE SO HOPEFULLY IF WE HAVE A COMBO OF YOUNG T LAWS ARM TALENT WITH VET T LAWS SMARTS AND ACCURACY WE CAN TAKE THINGS TO THE NEXT LEVEL"

Talon

Like a beautiful Frankenstein, huh? 

GM Yount

"WITH GREAT HAIR

OKAY COACH I MADE ONE LAST MINOR DEAL

HOPEFULLY ITS ONE WE DONT ACTUALLY NEED BUT WITH WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT THE RAWNESS OF SOME OUR YOUNG O LINEMEN I FIGURED ID BRING IN MEL BRIGGS AS A SWING TACKLE FOR OUR BENCH

I DONT KNOW IF HE STILL HAS THE ABILITY TO KICK INSIDE TO CENTER TOO BUT MAYBE A LITTLE EXTRA DEPTH THERE AS WELL"

Talon

One of the smartest players I've ever met, I'm happy to have him on the bench.  He's a wealth of information for our younger guys too.

GM Yount

"I WAS THINKING HIM AS THE OT TWO AT BOTH TACKLE SPOTS AND THIRD ON THE CENTER DEPTH CHART HOW DOES THAT SOUND"