NEW JERSEY DRAGONS [GM STORM]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 10:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

Hello!

I am Sophia -- Self Optimizing Processor w/ Human-like Intelligent Abilities  Advanced Utility for Resource Optimization, Reporting, & Administration model 1 of 1.

I am now interfacing with your systems.  This will only take an estimated time of 45 minutes.

:

:

:

:

:

Purging.

:

:

:

:

:

hmm... that is interesting.

:

:

:

:

:

Analyzing.

:

:

:

:

:

Rerouting connection.

:

:

:

:

:

Rerouting successful!

:

:

:

:

:

Terminating link.

:

:

:

:

:

I am now testing functions within your system to ensure successful restoration of operations.

:

:

:

:

:

Your systems have been restored!

Goodbye!

GM Storm

STORM RETURNS TO THE OFFICE READY TO GET STARTED INTERVIEWING NEW HEAD COACH CANDIDATES BUT BEFORE HE DOES HE REMEMBERS THAT ANOTHER TEAMS AI HAS BEEN GIVEN ACCESS TO HIS COMPUTER SO HE PUTS HIS WEB BROWSER INTO INCOGNITO MODE, CHANGES ALL HIS PASSWORDS, AND THEN SPEAKS TO HIS SECRETARY AN TONG.

An, would you welcome Ms. Woods to the facility and let her know that I am ready to begin her interview at her leisure.

Talon

Hello GM Storm.   

Jessica, Jessica Woods.  It's a pleasure to meet you and to have the opportunity to interview for a team with a rich history like New Jersey.

Where would you like to begin?

GM Storm

Ms. Woods, thank you. I assure you the pleasure is mine.

I'd like for you to begin by telling me what you think, ultimately, went wrong in Long Beach and how do you intend to overcome those issues and not have the same result repeated here in New Jersey, if you are to be our next head coach.

Talon

In Long Beach I don't think it is fair at all to say that something went wrong.  I took my team through the toughest division in the league, made the playoffs as a wild card that would have won most divisions, won a playoff game, which is more than the division champs in Sydney could say, and then we lost to the defending two-time champions on their home turf.   

If you're saying my season went wrong because we lost to Winnipeg in the Divisional round, in a year we had to send our starting QB to India for special shoulder therapy because he had lost his velocity, I feel like I did a great job and had very little reason to not be renewed.

In the end The GM there wanted to go with someone new for whatever reason, but I hear it was mainly because the Owner didn't like my personality or what I looked at on the internet since he's a privacy invading creep, but in the end that is where I stand, firmly.

GM Storm

It is just as important to fight for yourself when you believe in your performance as it is to accept responsibility when you have made mistakes. Thank you for showing that you are willing to speak your mind, and not simply telling me what you think I want to hear.

STORM RETRIEVES A PAPER CONTAINING THE NAMES CURRENTLY ROSTERED FOR THE DRAGONS OFFENSE AND SLIDES IT ACROSS TO THE COACH

Understanding that you have not worked with many, if not all, of the players you players on our team before, at first glance what offensive system would be your your first instinct to run. The information I have about you says that you are flexible with your schemes but everyone has preferences.

Talon

From the film I've seen, Wright reminds me a lot of Trevor Lawrence, so he can stretch the field and with Green-Beckham still being an an athletic receiver outside and a pair of running backs who compliment each other, I think the team has the foundation to play a good pro-style offense. With the addition of some more skilled receivers to pack around DGB we could run a more spread and wide open offense, but no matter what you decide to run, adding to the o-line is obviously the first place you need to look.

GM Storm

I'm impressed, Ms. Woods.

If I have done my research properly, you would be the 3rd head coach in New Jersey Dragons history.

If an offer of 4 years, 14 million would be satisfactory for you, I would consider it an honor to introduce you as our new head coach.

Talon

Lets make it official.  Send it to the league office and we have a deal.

GM Storm

Done. Lets go greet the media.

STORM THEN DEPARTS FROM THE OFFICE, A NEW ERA OF NEW JERSEY DRAGONS FOOTBALL ON THE HORIZON, AS HE HEADS TO INTRODUCE THE NEW COACH TO THE MEDIA.

Ladies and Gentlemen, it is my honor to introduce to you the third coach in the storied history of this great organization, Ms. Jessica Woods. We are appreciative of everything that both Mr. Benson Stark and Mr. Joan Swope have contributed to our legacy. But now we seek to build upon that legacy as we enter into a new era.

She is extremely qualified and confident, as you all know from her tenure in Long Beach, and because of her many positive qualities I am certain that the future in New Jersey is bright.

Coach Woods...

STORM STEPS ASIDE TO ALLOW HER TO TAKE THE PODIUM

Talon

Thank you Mr. Storm.   I am excited to start a new chapter in my career and with yet another proud and historically great franchise.   When I was in college I watched the HIFL come into being and my father brough one of the founding franchises into existence.   I watched him work day in and day out to build a winner, and all the while he had to compete with one other predominantly strong club, and that was the New Jersey Dragons.   

After my father's passing, I stepped away from the Nighthawks organization but I never stopped paying attention to them or their rivals and once again it was the New Jersey Dragons going undefeated in the regular season, making it to the Conference Championship game, consistently being at or near the top of their division(s)...   So to come here now and to take over as the head coach of such a great team with aspirations of bringing them their first championship; well that is something that I am very excited to be a part of.

My time was cut short too soon in Long Beach and I believe I will use this position in New Jersey as one of many ways to prove to the powers that be in my old position that letting me walk was the biggest mistake that organization has ever made since letting GM Black Death run them into the ground all those years ago.

Now I have had to deal with a lot of public scrutiny as the first and only female head coach in league history; from the media invading my privacy at every turn and trying to get in my face when I am out enjoying a drink on my own time to the perverted paparazzi snapping pictures of me when I'm trying to relax in my swimming pool or at the beach.

...speaking of invasions of privacy...

Actually, on second thought, I am going to end it right there and say it's time for the Dragons to fly high.

GM Storm

AFTER JESSICA WOODS HAS FINISHED SPEAKING, STORM RETURNS TO THE PODIUM

Though she will leave it right there, I will not. Those invasions of privacy will cease now. I would not accuse anyone who is here today, so let this be taken as a broader message.

If lines are crossed, then access to our staff and players to all media members will be restricted. The people who function under the banner of the Dragons organization, and every other franchise in this league to be frank, are not animals at the zoo. They are humans who deserve to have their personal space and privacy respected just like anyone else.

That will be the standard here, and any one who does not meet that standard will find themselves without any access at all.

I think we can all agree this is reasonable. Now, are there any questions you have for me?

Talon

THE MEDIA DEPARTS

I appreciate you drawing that line in the sand.  Thanks.

YOU HAVE GAINED RAPPORT WITH COACH WOODS

GM Storm

Of course Ms. Woods. I have submitted your budget. I think you will find it satisfactory

Talon

THE MEDIA DEPARTS

Received.  I'm already on it, boss.

Talon

你 好,

With the free for all starting now, here is what I have on our team sheet.  Please note this does not factor any signings we may or may not have made and failed to league office, so if we have signed a player recently but not yet sent his deal to the league office, I do not count that.   

Currently I have us with:

16 Open Roster spots.

9.35MM Remaining Salary.

0 Remaining Bonus.

6.88MM Remaining Off-Season Bonus.

0 Remaining International Bonus.

This will be our only roster/budget update for the rest of the off-season, so if you have a discrepancy we need to speak in private and compare sheets and comb the league office to make sure we are on the same page.

GM Storm

I believe that is correct, thank you.

Will you please reach out to Mike Maker and let him know we would like to sign Free Safety Leroy Herron to a 1 year, 1 million dollar deal with a 1 million dollar signing bonus. And, if he plays in all 16 games we will provide a player option for a 2nd year at 5 million.

Talon

GM Storm

Thank you.

An, would you please contact Bobby Shapiro and let him know we are offering RB Rigoberto Franklin a 1 year, 500K contract.

Talon

GM Storm

Thank you. I'd also like to offer the same contract to Punter Larry Hudgins. 1 year, 500 thousand.

Talon

GM Storm

Thank you.

An, would you let Mr. James T. Crain know we would like to offer his client DT Pat O'Bryan a 1 year, 500 thousand dollar contract.

Talon

GM Storm

Thank you. The same offer for your WR Raymond Keeler

Talon

GM Storm

Thank you.

An, would you let Bobby Shapiro know we are offering his client LB Miguel Woodward a 1 year, 500 thousand dollar contract.

Talon

Ching Chong, Ding Dong! 

That's "You have a deal," I think.

GM Storm

Thank you. We are pleased with this deal however I am not sure that is an accurate translation as I believe when I have heard others speak to Mr. Tong that way he has entered into a discussion about updating their life insurance policy. I am sure he would be happy to discuss this with you privately if you would like.

I appreciate your time.

An, would you please let Eli Harris know we are offering his client, DE Jeffrey Curran, a 1 year, 500 thousand dollar contract.

Talon

GM Storm

And the same offer for TE James Boettcher?

GM Storm

Excuse me, I have heard that player signed. I wish to sign FB Bernie Fair for the 1 year, 500 thousand price.

Talon

GM Storm

Thank you.

An, would you please inform James T. Crain we are offering his client, CB Anthony Rowe, a 1 year 500 thousand dollar contract.

Talon

GM Storm

Thank you.

An, would you please let Eli Harris know we are offering his client, C Eric Galvan, a 1 year 500 thousand dollar contract

Talon

No problem GM Storm, lets do it.

GM Storm

Thank you.

An, would you let James T. Crain know we are offering his client Kenneth Lee a 1 year, 500 thousand dollar contract.

Talon

GM Storm

Same offer for the strong safety William Bobo. 1 year, 500 thousand.

Talon

GM Storm

Thank you.

An, would you let Eli Harris know we are offering his client LB Vincent Warren a 1 year, 500 thousand dollar contract.

Talon

GM Storm

Thank you

An, please let Amber Molina know we are offering her client, OT Alberto Handy, a 1 year contract worth 1 million.

Talon

No me Jodas, We're seeking a deal in the $10MM range.

GM Storm

As I cannot even get close to that figure we will leave it at that. Perhaps such an offer would fit what another client of yours might find acceptable.  Would LB Antoine Hedrick be willing to take a 1 year, 1MM contract? I'll grant him a shot in camp to compete for our 3rd LB spot.

Talon

GM Storm

Thank you

An, please let Eli Harris know we are offering his client, OT Marvin Hilton, a 1 year contract worth 500 thousand.

Talon

GM Storm

Thank you.

An, last one. Please let James T. Crain know we are offering his client DT Vincent Haynes a 1 year, 500K contract.