MADRID STAMPEDE [GM REBEL]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 10:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Rebel

"Glad to be here."

"Coach Hunter, please."

"Coach, rough season. But I'd love to get you a new deal before we go off for break. Still want to be here long term?"

Talon

Absolutely.  This year wasn't nearly as rough as the finale was.

Talon

Kia ora!  Welcome back to the office.  We had a spectacular season and this off-season is obviously a big one for the team!

I currently have us with $50.65MM in available salary cap and $35M in Bonus funds for S16.  Obviously we need to re-sign Coach Hunter or sign a new head coach and give them a budget for the coaching staff from our bonus pool.

I have us with 26 open roster positions at this time. 

I have our draft picks as follows:

S16 2nd - ATL
S16 4th - SEA
S16 4th - ORL
S16 7th - ORL

We have all of our own draft picks for S17 and S18

We currently owe $4.45MM in tax which can be paid from this off-seasons bonus fund or next season's bonus money.

Our available off-season bonus money currently is: $10MM ($4MM from your GM Contract + $6MM from your S15 budget rollover).

I have our off-season team sheet copy here. Feel free to edit/use it if you would like.  If you have questions or disagree with my notes please let me know and we will get to the bottom of it!

GM Rebel

"Coach Hunter, please."

"Coach, 4 years - $10m/per season. Can we agree to that to run this thing back?"

Talon

Only $10MM after the season we just had?  Look at all these guys signing for $14MM, I feel like I deserve at least that type of deal.

GM Rebel

"You're right, Coach. I'm a hair behind the times apparently."

"4 years, $15m. Is that more in the ballpark?"

Talon

Stampede for life, baby!

GM Rebel

"Now we can get down to business. Let's talk coaching staff and budgets. I'd love to find a way to keep Aesha as OC."

Talon

To keep her and fill the Offensive staff out we'll need to commit $8MM, but I think its worth it.  Defensively I think we can manage with $4-5MM budget.

GM Rebel

"I agree with you — I think we keep the offense moving as best as we can — the name of the game in the HIFL is consistency."

"We'll budget $8m for offense and $4m for defense."

Talon

GM Rebel

"Steve Rosenhaus, please."
-
"Steve, we like the promise we've seen out of C Melvin McCartney. We'd like to offer him a 3 year deal, worth $2m per season."

Talon

GM Rebel, Baby!  We agree about Melvin's promise, and I value that at $4.5MM per season right now.  Let's make a deal, baby!

GM Rebel

GM Rebel

"Bobby Shapiro, please."
--
"Bobby! Long time. We're looking to resign G Clint Casper. Two years, $1.5m. Can we agree to that?"

Talon

Make it $2MM and we're signed.

GM Rebel

"Yep. We'll sign that."

Talon

Talon

Hi there, I have us with $6.55MM and $6.75MM in bonus heading into UFA.

Talon

Training Camp will begin on the 11th, if we don't have a full roster by then, our unsigned players will miss valuable training time.  We won't be required to lock in for the season until the 25th, but if we want our guys to get the most out of training camp, we need to be full by the 11th.

GM Rebel

MINI-CAMP ASSIGNMENTS GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK

OFFENSE:
1. OT Abel Noll - Run Blocking
2. WR Donte Cummins - Speed
3. OG Charles Baker - Run Blocking
4. WR Steven Matos - Agility

DEFENSE:
1. FS Bryan Hussey - IQ
2. CB Kelvin Padilla - Agility
3. DE Teddy Christensen - Strength
4. LB Son Ripley - Speed

STRATEGY GM OR COACHES DECISION ON ANY/ALL

OFFENSE
Attitude: Balanced
Focus: Run
Tempo: Normal
Passing Focus: Medium
Pass To: Balanced
Primary Receiver: Daniel Mendenhall
Third Down Back: None
Goal Line Back: Alesana Tuilagi
Running Focus: Power
Running Backs Role: Running
Backfield by Committee?: No 
Tight End Focus: Blocking
QB Tuck and Run: Normal

DEFENSE
Attitude: Aggressive
Focus: Pass
Primary Coverage: Mixed
D-Line Focus: Pass Rush
Linebacker Focus: Run Support
Player Radio: Francois Bowles
Match CBs to WRs?: No
Align Man Coverage?: Balanced

SUBSTITUTION LOGIC
Point Margin for Backup Package 28
Sub Package Minimum Energy 40-70
Sub Package Maximum Energy 70-100

END OF GAME SCENARIOS
If Winning Run More
If Losing None

COUNTER STRATEGY (vs. offense gives your defense a boost to stop the selected type; vs. defense gives your offense a boost vs. selected defensive strategy)
Coaches Decision? Yes

OFFENSE MASTER DEPTH CHART GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK (You may attach up to 3 additional Copies of this Chart for various "Packages" in your offense, the final package is strictly your back up players for substitutions - this is automatically set by your coaching staff)

PACKAGE NAME:

QB- Jean-Luc Belllerose
QB2- Wayne Banuelos
QB3- Chad Schafer

RB1- Alesana Tuilagi
RB2- Greg Coffman
RB3- Rangi Afamasaga
RB4- Daryl Nelson

FB- Ernest Burleson

TE1- Mauricio Lopez
TE2- Leonard Meek

WR1- Daniel Mendenhall
LWR4- Steven Matos

WR2- Cyrus McKenzie
WR5- Donte Cummins

WR3- Jan Berryman
WR6- Bruce Brown

LT- Loto Lotomau
LT2- Abel Noll

LG- Mike Malo
LG2- Clint Casper

C- Melvin McCartney
C2- Daniel Pippin

RG- Charles Baker
RG2- Raymond Hickman

RT- Edin Devlin
RT2- Sean Augustine

DEFENSE MASTER DEPTH CHART GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK (You may attach up to 3 additional Copies of this Chart for various "Packages" in your defense. The final package is strictly your back up players for substitutions - this is automatically set by your coaching staff)

PACKAGE NAME: Master Depth Chart

DT1- Eric Nelson
DT3- Ronald Burke

DT2- Jesse Keenan
DT4- Erik Tobin

RE1- Joseph Sauer
RE2- Jeremy Whiting

LE1- Bismack Embiid
LE2- Teddy Christensen
LE3- Lee Schuster

MLB1- Edward Numbers
MLB2- Rhett Purdy

ROLB1- Son Ripley
ROLB2- Otis Banks

LOLB1- William Butler
LOLB2- Victor Clean

CB1- Justin Holt
CB4- Kelvin Padilla

CB2- Alfred Glass
CB5- Dexter Cromartie

CB3- Marquise Jackson

FS1- David Martinez
FS2- Bryan Hussey
FS3- James Christianson

SS1- Francois Bowles
SS2- Charles Bishop

SPECIAL TEAMS MASTER DEPTH CHART GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK

K- Donald Cabral
P- Eugene Harris

KR1- Greg Coffman
KR2- Donte Cummins
KR3- Steven Matos
KR4- Jan Berryman

PR1- Donte Cummins
PR2- Greg Coffman

PLAY CALLING GM Chooses who calls plays, and assigns desired percentages if not left up to play calling coach

OFFENSE RUN/PASS RATIO

Play Caller: All ratios decided by - Offensive Coordinator

DEFENSE BLITZ RATIO

Play Caller: All ratios decided by - Head Coach

PR CAMPAIGNS  (OPTIONAL)

(PLAYER NAME) (Campaign Theme/Tag Line)
DESCRIPTION OF PR CAMPAIGN

MUSICAL LICENSES (GM MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK)

1. STAMPEDE by HE IS LEGEND // https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODpYCtey2r0
Music plays during 3rd down.

2. GET OUT OF MY WAY by TEDASHII FT. LECRAE // https://www.youtube.com/watchv=ZBshbsz1nGg
Stampede rushes out on the field at the beginning of the game.

COIN TOSS PREFERENCE

Heads
Receive

Talon

Just a note for you, RB Greg Coffman retired during training camp, that is why we only show 52 men on the roster.

GM Rebel

"Welcome back, coach."

"We're short a roster position with Coffman's retirement. Is there a position out there where you think we could use an extra body?"

Talon

Not sure what is available, but we could upgrade over Guard for the immediate future if possible.

GM Rebel

"Let's wait on G, I think I have some ideas down the road there."

--

"JC, Clifford Barbour. Can we sign him for a year? $750k? I think he could really help us with our offense."

Talon

JAY C INFORMS YOU HIS CLIENTS DON'T SIGN FOR THAT CHEAP, AND CLIFF IS LIKELY TO SIT OUT UNTIL AFTER MID-SEASON TO STAY FRESH.

Talon

Slim pick'ins my man.

GM Rebel

Indeed.

"AC please."

"We've got a history with Forrest Young before. We need a little speed in our backfield. Can we agree to the $750k for the season?"

Talon

GM Rebel

Forrest Young to RB4
Charles Baker to LG1
Mike Mako to RG1
Sean Augustine to RT1
Ronald Burke to DT1
Eric Nelson to DT2

All other decisions made by coaching staff.

Stampede on. Lock in!

Talon

WEEK 1 PRESS QUESTIONS

1. Discuss your performance and result for week 1. What were some sustains, and what were some improvements going into week 2?

2. Two missed field goals from your rookie kicker, how concerned are you after seeing King Lindsey implode in the playoffs with DC last post-season?

3. Coming out of training camp and now seeing the team in week 1, what should fans expect to see this year from your club?

4. Did any news catch your eye this week?

5. Discuss your next opponent and game.

GM Rebel

WEEK 1 PRESS QUESTIONS

1. Discuss your performance and result for week 1. What were some sustains, and what were some improvements going into week 2?

"It's pretty hard to pinpoint anything we could have done better -- an all around performance from our offense and defense were spot on from top to bottom."

"We couldn't be happier with Bellerose's performance and development. I felt like as the game went on and as it became obvious that San Antonio had game-planned to try and stop the run, you could start to see Bellerose rise up and take over the game. He made some outstanding throws and sustained some drives. He continues to take care of the football and we feel really confident depending on him to carry us at times in the game.

"Defensively, our secondary is such a strength. Holt has been the emotional leader for this franchise for many seasons and Alfred Glass continues to make impactful plays week after week."

2. Two missed field goals from your rookie kicker, how concerned are you after seeing King Lindsey implode in the playoffs with DC last post-season?

"I think this is the one place we could obviously improve. Kicking isn't an easy thing, and we have plenty of belief in Mr. Cabral. His tape in college showed that he was capable of making difficult attempts, and we've got all the confidence in him in the world to figure things out."

3. Coming out of training camp and now seeing the team in week 1, what should fans expect to see this year from your club?

"I think you saw it against San Antonio. Steady. That's the word I'd use to describe us. I think you're going to see a really sound football team. We don't turn the football over, we run it really well and control the clock with our offense, and we play defense the right way. I think we've got some young guys that are going to develop over the course of the season and really partner with some of our veterans to be a dangerous team as the season progresses."

4. Did any news catch your eye this week?

"Some of these sack numbers are straight out of a video game. OL play is so important to win in this league and man, some guys just let their teams down. Yikes."

5. Discuss your next opponent and game.

"GM Gates rolls in with The General. We have many fond memories of Mr. Patton, and it won't be easy to stop an offense with him at the helm. We tried to petition to get Miami to move to the Western Conference, and thought we'd get a few votes with some of the HIFL GM's hailing from outside the US and probably couldn't pin Miami on a map, but we failed. Turns out, we'll just have to win the Florida Cup and show them why the division still runs through Orlando."

Talon

Big week, the boys are pumped to take on Miami.

GM Rebel

"Fantastic gameplay last week, coach. You and your staff really put together a perfect game and a great start to the season."

"You and I both know how important this game against Miami is. My biggest concern from week 1 is the kicking game and Tuilagi's usage. Do you think we should maybe get a few more guys involved in the run game? It seems like Tui slowed down considerably as the game went on."

Talon

Tuilagi's longest runs came in the last two drives.  San Antonio defended the run well on a per-play basis but we could try to get Daryl Nelson involved a little more.

GM Rebel

"If you think he can handle the work load — I'm most certainly happy to defer to your judgment. The percentages are your decision, coach."

"Now, let's go get the Florida Cup."

All decisions are coaches decisions.
Lock in.

GM Rebel

1. What stood out to you about your team this week, any surprise performances good or bad?

"I think ultimately the game was what you expected out of two teams that seem to know each other pretty well. You get a game that comes down to the final play - and tip of the cap to Miami. They had one more play in them than we did."

2. Discuss any news that interested you. (Cover your news first; then move on)

"Have to feel for San Antonio. BD is a model of fighting against all odds and hope he can right that ship."

3. Talk about your next match up, how do you win this game?

"Tucson is a tough game. They play a smart brand of football. We've got to find a way to get Tuilagi going in space a little more."

"Coach, I'm a little worried at this point about our OL. I know we briefly touched on it this week. Do we elevate Devlin to RT; I know he's a pretty stout run blocker."

Talon

It might be worth a try, He is looking strong in the weight room, so if he can give us some extra umph it would be a big help.

GM Rebel

"Works for me."

Devlin to RT1
All other decisions by coaches.

Lock in.

GM Rebel

"Extremely frustrating result; I expected better of us at this point. Any questions?"

Talon

"what is missing from your offense so far this season?"

GM Rebel

"Ultimately, we're our best when we're able to run the ball and use the run game to set up our pass game. I don't have the numbers in front of me but  Bellerose is so good off the play action pass. But that is only effective when we're running the ball well and forcing linebackers and safeties to move up in the box. We aren't getting the big chunks on the ground we did last season."

"Our roster went through a little bit of a change in the offseason and we started off slow last season as well. We will bounce back quickly."

Talon

We're definitely missing Britt out there on the field. 

GM Rebel

"Agreed. He was still playing at an all-star pace. If only we could convince him to be a player coach!"

"I know we have been primarily a ground and pound team, but do you think opting for a few more quick hitters and spreading out the offense a bit more might open up some running lanes for Tui?"

Talon

If you want us to make a change we will, but obviously we are running our preferred scheme currently.

GM Rebel

"I'm just talking out loud. You guys are the best staff for a reason — do your thing."

Lock in.

GM Rebel

SEASON 16 - WEEK 4

1. Talk about the results of your game this week. (if you were on bye, talk about your bye week)

"Big win. Alabama has been a really good team for a long time. Our division is a gauntlet and any time we can get a victory, we'll take it."

"I think our defense played outstanding. Embiid lived in the backfield and our pass defense overall was fantastic. What is there to say about Tuilagi thsr hasn't already been said? The guy is an absolute tank and just continues to put us on his shoulders. Our OL stood up to some pretty good pressure; Bruce is a hell of a talent and our guys answered the bell. All in all, a really good win."

2. After 4 weeks, is the team performing as expected, and where do you feel you need to improve most?

"I would have liked to see us with a few more wins in the column. We should be 4-0."

3. We are getting into trade season, are you one who would like to get a deal done before the flurry at the deadline, or do you prefer to wait?   ...Also do you see yourself as a buyer or seller this season?

"We're open for business — we have no reason to wait. If there is a guy out there that can improve our team right now, we're going to go out and get him."

4. Rumor has it the HIFL and PFL have quietly discussed a trade window, what is your opinion on that possibility?

"There is no reason to open that door in-season. This is something that should wait until the off-season."

5. How much stock do you put into International Football, is the IFAF something you pay much attention to?

"Absolutely. The international market has produced some of the best talent in the world — we've seen it firsthand with our quarterback. For me, there is more talent competing in the world stage than in the PFL."

6. Talk about this week (your upcoming game or bye week plans)

"Dallas gives us a chance to put some points on the board. These are games that we have to have in order to get to where we want to be."

Talon

Here we go, lets put two together.

GM Rebel

"Time to make a little run, coach. This is about the place we were last year before getting hot."

"I don't really have any business to discuss — we're going to remain active in the trade market for a bit, but I'll let you get back to practice and preparing for Dallas this week."

Talon

Sounds good. I'm going to ease Nelson into the RB mix a little more to try to keep Tui fresh, if that's cool with you.