ST. PAUL LYNX [GM GATES]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 10:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Bennett

My man, I am an open book. Ask me anything!

Talon

What was your experience with "The King?"  ...financially, discussions you may have had, anything you can expand on from your perspective on if or what he said about finances in the organization outside of the salary cap?

GM Bennett

As much as I love and respect the man...I know it hurt me when he ain't wanna pay me what I'm worth. It sucks when you got all these other teams wanting you and willing to pay you for what you're worth. When you stay loyal to an organization for as long as I did all while I'm over here getting calls around the league to come replace another mother fucker or whatever every season...And that's how you do me? That shit left a bad taste in my mouth for sure. But that bit...I ain't feeling that. Cheap as hell. Kinda makes me wonder if The King actually valued me and all I've done to build up the franchise from the toilet water it was swimming in before I got there...

Sorry...Might be a bit emotional on that tip. He was a cheapskate though. I respect it, you want your financials to be 100 and bullet proof. He's the owner, he has no obligation to give me anything. I get it. It's his team and whoever the GM is better figure it the fuck out. I think that's the same anywhere you go really but it was a pretty strict when it came to financials I never asked why, that ain't none of my business ya feel me?

I can say The King did have my back when it came to how I ran things. As long as it didn't fuck up the money, he was cool. Felt like family out there, ya know? From a personal standpoint I'm always gonna have love and respect for everyone there. They were there for me at my lows. Even when I was on the verge of death. They stuck by me. I appreciate them, truly do...Despite getting fucking lowballed when it was time to get re-uped.

Talon

So outside of a tight coin purse for your contract, there was never anything alarming in the finances?  No extraordinary purchases or any mention of purchasing personal effects with team funds?

GM Bennett

No sir, not that I'm aware of. I think i tried to see if he'd help pay our way into the combine one year but like I said earlier he's cheap. Didn't wanna do it so I had to make some things work. That might've been the season some shit got fucked up when submitting a trade but um thats as much I can recall when it comes to financials.

I don't know what these allegations may be or whatever but i never sensed anything fishy, mysterious or even criminally with The King. I never really hung out with the guy. I hanged out with the rest of the staff and Princess outside of the office to treat everyone to a meal or vice versa for all the hardwork we were doing to build up that franchise. I can't really answer for anything other than that.

Talon

very well, I appreciate your time.  If you think of anything else, you have my number.

Talon

Hi there, I have us with $4.35MM and $2.5MM in bonus heading into UFA.

GM Bennett

Our records match. Got 8 roster spots to fill, it's gonna be tight but we gonna work that magic.

GM Bennett

Elsa, it's time. We surprisingly still have some Day 1 guys that didn't sign. Let's go through that list a bit and see what we can do. First let's get Scott Forrest on the phone for his client Aaron Harris.

---

Mr. Forrest, it's Westley Bennett! I'm reaching back out to see if your man Harris wants to come back for $750K like we discussed on Day 1.

Talon

GM Bennett

i see. Well I think we're gonna have to wait on thst then.

Sorry to take up your time Mr. Forrest.

GM Bennett

This ain't gonna be easy, huh Elsa?

Oh well let's get my man Bobby Shapiro on the phone right quick.

---

Bobby, my man! Hey I wanna bring in your rook' Eugene Dewitt for the year. $350K. I think the kid will benefit from being in our QB room while we chase a championship this season. Does that work for you guys?

Talon

GM Bennett

Great, thanks Bobby!

---

Elsa, let's get our girl Amber Molina for her client Thomas Wolf.

---

Hey Ambz, checking back in from our Day 3 pitch. Would your client be down to sign with us for a year, $750K?

Talon

GM Bennett

Hey, you know I love you right? Next time you in town I got you for dinner!

---

Elsa! We let's do something risky.

CHECKS NOTES

Shit...We gonna take a shot anyways. Let's get Mr. Forrest back on the line for his client Ryan Smith.

---

Mr. Forrest, it's Wesley again. I'm still interested in Aaron Harris for that vet minimum but right now I'm calling in regards to Ryan Smith. We tryna win a championship here in St. Paul, we got the talent to do it but it won't hurt to have a TE like Smith in our ranks. You think he'd be interested in a 2 year deal for $1M. Second year being a player option just incase he rather test free agency again next season rather than stay on this team FRRRIIEENNDDLLLY type of deal?

Talon

GM Bennett

Yeah, I shoulda known. But I had to shoot my shot ya know? Thanks Mr. Forrest.

---

Welp, knew that one wasn't gonna work. But we shooting in the damn gym tonight Elsa!...Sorta...

Um let's get Money Mike on the phone real quick to reconnect with him about Richard Tuggle.

---

My man! Mike, baby, you shoulda known I was gonna circle back on this. Calling to see if your man Tuggle want's to go ahead and take that veterans minimum ($750K) that we offered on Day 1for the season?

Talon

A SOFT RAIN OUTSIDE GIVES WAY TO A SUDDEN CLAP OF TUNDER, LIGHTNING STRIKES THE POWER TRANSFORMER OUTSIDE OF YOUR OFFICE LEAVING YOU IN TOTAL DARKNESS.  THE CELLTOWER APPEARS TO BE DOWN AS WELL, ALMOST AS IF YOU HAVE ENTERED    THE PENALTY BOX.

Talon

THE ELECTRICITY IS RESTORED.

GM Bennett

Well that was something. Okay Elsa let's try to get my man Eli Harris on the phone real quick, need a follow up on Matt Correa.

---

Mr. Harris, my man! Hey, I'm just tryna follow up to see if your man Correa has any interest on signing with us here for the year and $750K?

Talon

You're going to have to find some two-star talent if you want 750K my man.

GM Bennett

Hmm...Let me circle back on this if I'm able to come back with a better offer if he isn't taken by then, Mr. Harris.

If he elects to sign elesewhere for a better deal while I'm tryna do what I'm doing, no problem I understand.

---

Elsa, can we get Francisco Bien on the phone real quick in regards to his client Stafano Armani? Thanks.

---

Senor Bien, thanks for taking my call in this ruckus time of free agency. I was wondering if Stafano would be interested in coming to St. Paul for $1MM for the season?

Talon

Stafano is seeking $2MM in total money, if you can make this work with bonus, then you have a deal.

GM Bennett

Yeah, I have the means to make that work for you and your client...Would he be okay with making it a two year deal in that case or would that require more than whats been initially agreed upon?

Talon

GM Bennett

My man! I'll have it sent over to the league office momentarily.

Talon

GM Bennett

Hmm..

LOOKS AT THE BOOKS AND RUBS HIS CHIN. LETS OUT A SIGH.

Elsa we're gonna have to do some maneuvering. Can you get Mr. Leventhal on the phone for me real quick? Mr. Drew Leventhal to be exact.

Talon

GM Bennett

Mr. Leventhal.

Ahem, I'm calling to see if your client Terry Poe would be willing to restructure his contract a little bit. I don't want to reduce the length of his contract nor what he is making. I just need some wiggle room in the salary portion of our books here in St. Paul. $2MM worth of wiggle room that is.

Basically I'm trying to see if you and Terry would be willing to move over $2MM from his current salary on over to the bonus pool side of things. This way nothing changes on any front for us just that.

Is that something we can do, sir?

Talon

We'll convert $2MM to bonus, BUT we want to assure that next season the salary increases by $1MM even if Terry doesn't hit one of his incentives.

GM Bennett

Hey, that sounds fair my man. I greatly appreciate you both working this out with me. I'll have the changes made and submitted both your office and the league office as soon as i can.

Thanks again, Mr. Leventhal.

GM Bennett

Hey Elsa, I don't see any representation listed for this kid Frank Linville. I guess can you call him or see if he does have a agent I can speak to? Thanks.

Talon

GM Bennett

Ah, Mr. Crain! Thanks for taking my call my man. I was calling to see if your client would be interested in becoming a Lynx for the season for the standard UDFA contract of $350K?

Talon

GM Bennett

Thanks Mr. Crain, always a pleasure my man.

Okay Elsa let's give Eli Harris another call for his client Matt Correa.

---

Mr. Harris, I told ya I'd be calling you back! So tell me, how does $1.5MM sound to your client for the season?

Talon

No thanks, we're looking for $9MM for the season.

GM Bennett

Shheeeeeesssssssssshhhhhhhhh!!!!

Welp, can't be mad at em wanting that bag. Thank for letting me try anyways Mr. Harris.

---

Goddamn...Thought we had em, Elsa. Hmm let's see...Hey Elsa whose Ryan Peacock's new agent since THE FORREST...Ahem, I mean since Scott Forrest is now a Mustangs Legendary Corner?

Talon

Hey now, I can multi-task.

GM Bennett

Oh shit! THE FORREST HIMSELF!!!!!

Ahem, sorry sir I just wasn't sure if because of you recent signing with Cleveland that you might have needed to have your focuses elsewhere.

That said, I'd like to bring Ryan here to St. Paul for the season. Does $2MM work for your client?

Talon

GM Bennett

My man! Thanks Mr. Forrest and good to you this upcoming season. I'm gonna buy me a jersey, will you sign it for me when you come to town?

Talon

GM Bennett

MINI-CAMP ASSIGNMENTS

OFFENSE
C | Alfred Peterson | IQ
OT | Victor Light | Conditioning
OT | Earl Cheng | Pass Blocking
WR | Gary Scott | Position Skill

DEFENSE
CB | Michael Hyatt | Position Skill
LB | Patrick Renault | Position Skill
SS | Robbie Judge | IQ
DE | WIllie Palma | Strength

STRATEGY

OFFENSE
Attitude | Coaches Decision
Focus | Coaches Decision
Tempo | Coaches Decision
Passing Focus | Coaches Decision
Pass To | Coaches Decision
Primary Receiver | Coaches Decision
Third Down Back | Coaches Decision
Goal Line Back | Coaches Decision
Running Focus | Coaches Decision
Running Backs Role | Coaches Decision
Backfield by Committee? | No 
Tight End Focus | Coaches Decision
QB Tuck and Run | Coaches Decision

DEFENSE
Attitude | Coaches Decision
Focus | Coaches Decision
Primary Coverage | Coaches Decision
D-Line Focus | Coaches Decision
Linebacker Focus | Coaches Decision
Player Radio | Coaches Decision
Match CBs to WRs? | Coaches Decision
Align Man Coverage? | Coaches Decision

SUBSTITUTION LOGIC
Point Margin for Backup Package | Leading By 35 - Losing By 30
Sub Package Minimum Energy | Coaches Decision
Sub Package Maximum Energy | Coaches Decision

END OF GAME SCENARIOS
If Winning | Run More
If Losing | Pass More

COUNTER STRATEGY
Coaches Decision? | Yes
vs. Offense | Coaches Decision
vs. Defense | Coaches Decision

OFFENSE MASTER DEPTH CHART

QB | Aaron Kitchen
QB2 | Gunner Cole
QB3 | Eugene Dewitt

RB1 | Willis McNasty
RB2 | Jack Salary
RB3 | Dennis Burnette

FB | Daniel Hastings

TE1 | Joe Malo
TE2 | Roger Wellman

WR1 | Max Ramos
LWR4 | Stafano Armani

WR2 | Al Beard
WR5 | Michael Reed

WR3 | Gary Scott
WR6 | Frank Linville

LT | Ricky Custer
LT2 | Earl Cheng

LG | Gerald Wood
LG2 | Donald Jones

C | Alfred Peterson
C2 | Luther Bowlin
C3 | Korey Kelly

RG | Sydney Morgan
RG2 | Dylan Walter

RT | Thomas Wolf
RT2 | Victor Light

DEFENSE MASTER DEPTH CHART

DT1 | Jerry Worthington
DT3 | Ryan Peacock

DT2 | Grover Clark
DT4 | Thomas Blake

RE1 | David Lee
RE2 | David Black

LE1 | Thomas Pak
LE2 | Willie Palma

MLB1 | Doyle Brady
MLB2 | Patrick Renault

ROLB1 | Patrick Renault
ROLB2 | Ben Pipkin
ROLB3 | Eric Collier

LOLB1 | Terry Poe
LOLB2 | Theodore Rock
LOLB3 | Eric Collier

CB1 | Patrick Surtain II
CB4 | Ralph McCaffrey

CB2 | Michael Hyatt
CB5 | Anthony North

CB3 | Daniel Miller
CB6 | Antonia Haney

FS1 | Hayden Ortega
FS2 | Robbie Judge
FS3 | Floyd Yancey

SS1 | Trey Dean III
SS2 | Brandon Harlow

SPECIAL TEAMS MASTER DEPTH CHART

K | Joseph Douglas
P | Shane Castleberry

KR1 | Floyd Yancey
KR2 | Patrick Surtain II
KR3 | Jack Salary
KR4 | Frank Linville

PR1 | Floyd Yancey
PR2 | Frank Linville

PLAY CALLING

OFFENSE RUN/PASS RATIO

Play Caller | Head Coach
First and 10 | Head Coach
First and Short | Head Coach
First and Medium | Head Coach
First and Long | Head Coach

Second and Short | Head Coach
Second and Medium | Offensive Coordinator
Second and Long | Head Coach

Third and Short | Offensive Coordinator
Third and Medium | Offensive Coordinator
Third and Long | Head Coach

Fourth and Short | Head Coach
Fourth and Medium | Offensive Coordinator
Fourth and Long | Offensive Coordinator

Goal Line | Head Coach

Final 2 mins of half (w/ lead) | Offensive Coordinator
Final 2 mins of half (trailing) | Head Coach

DEFENSE BLITZ RATIO

Play Caller | Defensive Coordinator
First and 10 | Defensive Coordinator
First and Short | Defensive Coordinator
First and Medium | Defensive Coordinator
First and Long | Defensive Coordinator

Second and Short | Defensive Coordinator
Second and Medium | Defensive Coordinator
Second and Long | Defensive Coordinator

Third and Short | Defensive Coordinator
Third and Medium | Defensive Coordinator
Third and Long | Defensive Coordinator

Fourth and Short | Defensive Coordinator
Fourth and Medium | Defensive Coordinator
Fourth and Long | Defensive Coordinator

Goal Line | Defensive Coordinator

Final 2 mins of half (w/ lead) | Defensive Coordinator
Final 2 mins of half (trailing) | Defensive Coordinator

MUSICAL LICENSES

1. Dreamville (with JID feat. Kenny Mason, Sheck Wes & J. Cole) | Stick  | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4Wsi4qkfYY&ab_channel=Dreamville
This song will be used as the team comes out onto the field and is introduced. The purpose of this song will be to hype up the team as well as the fans. The anticipation for the game shall build as the game plays.

2. Drake & 21 Savage | More M's | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyDdFcIDVJw&ab_channel=DrakeVEVO
This song will be played at the start of the two minute warnings. Scary hours. Finish strong or live to regret it. Just a reminder to the Lynx to fight to win. Don't let up until the end of the game or victory is secured.

COIN TOSS PREFERENCE

Heads or Tails
Receive
or Defer

Talon

Yo, Winter is coming and shit.

GM Bennett

Winter is indeed coming, shiiiiiiittttttttt!!!!

Team is looking good Elsa. Thanks for the hard work this offseason. Is there anything I need to do before I meet with the coach about these week's matchup?

Talon

Na fam, do ya thing... Ayo, I got a thing with Culprit underwear in like an hour... they want me to be a spokesperson and Imma be filming my thing in the reception area, so if you see me in these dope ladyboxer underwear and a camera crew, its nothin' scandalous, just a commercial for the social media campaign, aight?

GM Bennett

INSTANTLY GETS A FLASHBACK. BLINKS AND TAKES A BIG GULP FROM HIS WATER BOTTLE.

Ayo! Nah do ya thing get that mula! I'ma just head down to the locker room and show my face. I'll be back. You gonna kill em
but don't slaughter them aight? Haha!

TAKES ANOTHER BIG GULP OF WATER FOR GOOD MEASURE AND LEAVES TO HEAD DOWN TO THE TEAM LOCKER ROOM. ONCE HE ARRIVES HE HEADS STRAIGHT FOR THE COACHES OFFICE.

MY MAN!!! How we doing?