ST. PAUL LYNX [GM GATES]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 10:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

We're looking good!  I'm looking for a hot start, we want to come out and blister Michigan, remind them where they stand in OUR division.

GM Bennett

Hell yeah! I'm loving that energy!

I'm glad our training camp went so well.

I gotta admit i was looking at the roster...I got a man that shouldn't even be a free agent right now I was gonna try to make some moves to get em but with how we got things lined up...Can't do it.

Kinda heartbroken about that actually....My man deserves better!

That said I'm still happy with what we got. Got a lot of young guys I wanna see continue to improve but I love how much work ethic we got in our locker room. These boys really wanna get after it and develop. I LOVE IT! I really love it, Coach!

Are there any depth chart changes we should look to make before we get the season started? I was hesitant on letting Hyatt go ahead and get the start but after seeing that 1 on 1 with Daniel, I'm good with letting the rook' do his thing out there.

Talon

I think we're good, man.

GM Bennett

Alright good.

Lemme say something to the team real quick then I'll head back up to the office and get us locked in for the week.

HEADS OUT OF THE OFFICE AND TO THE LOCKER ROOM. CLEARS HIS THROAT.

Ayooo! Hey everyone, if you'll please gather over here real quick

WAITS FOR THE TEAM TO COME FORWARD SO THEY CAN ALL HEAR HIM.

Gentlemen and lady, it's good to see all of you. You all put in that WORK this offseason. We built us a damn juggernaut. Shout out to GM Eli because he did a damn good job putting together the building blocks of this team together. I'm grateful to be here to build beyond that and further improve this team so we can win us what matters...The Championship.

Aye y'all, I'm gonna be one hundred percent honest with you...Some of you already know me so you know I ain't bullshitting whenever I say anything. Before I made the move up here to St. Paul I was hesitant. I didn't want to leave my guys down in Nashville. After all the work we've put in to win...When I got the offer to come here and comparing other offers I had around the league along with my former team. I knew...I knew if I were to come here I'd be able to help win us a championship. In fact, I even talked to GM Eli. Yeah that's right. I spoke to GM Eli before I came here to pick his brain and to get his opinion.

You wanna know what he said? He told me if it had to be anyone he'd want to see replace him it'd be me. Because he knows I wouldn't fuck shit up and ruin a championship caliber roster. He knew with me I'd be able to finish what he started and deliver his boys here in St. Paul a championship. With his vote of confidence including the boss lady herself....Well...We know the rest of that story.

BUT THIS SHIT AIN'T ABOUT ME!

This is about all of you. This is about this coaching staff. This is about every man and woman in this organization. We are here to do one thing this season...And that's win. Some of you know what that number one goal is when I was talking to you in free agency. We are here to win a fucking championship. Let it be known from while I am here it is win a fucking a championship or the season is a bust. A fucking fail.

With the team we got? I don't see us not winning the whole damn thing. But you can bet your ass...If you ain't bout that life? If not getting to that goal is something that's not driving you while your on this team? Then you ain't Lynx material. Let's keep it a buck.

I want to see you all succeed. On and off the field I want nothing but the best for you and your families. I am that GM that will rock with you until the end. I am that motherfucker that will root for you every step of the way. Hell I might even come in and put in some work with you if you asked me to. I don't care. I want to see you all win. I want to see you develop into the best players you can be. I want to see you all be the best man or woman you can be in life.

We have the tools to be great...We have a real chance to make history this season and beyond. Let's not let that opportunity pass us by. With all the talent we have in this locker room? On this coaching staff?

Who the fuck gonna stop us, huh?!

We are Lynx. We are here to hunt! Haha, it's hunting season people. It's kill or be killed.

I ain't bout to take up much more of your time but I just wanted to come and talk to you all before you head out to practice and get ready to take on Michigan.

One more thing don't take shit for granted in this life. We only have one. Make the most of everything people and don't regret a damn thing.

Alright Coach, they are all yours. You all have a good practice and have fun out there. Push each other and let's get to the fucking Impact Bowl!

Talon

YOUR WORDS BRING ENCOURAGEMENT AND CONFIDENCE FROM THE ENTIRE ROSTER.

GM Bennett

Game One vs. Michigan Monsters

Player Rotations:
Mostly Starters
Play Calling: Coaches Decision
Game Plan: Coaches Decision
Strategy: Coaches Decision

TIME TO HUNT!!!

Talon

WEEK 1 PRESS QUESTIONS

1. Discuss your performance and result for week 1. What were some sustains, and what were some improvements going into week 2?

2. Overtime against a division rival, who was the MVP for you?

3. Coming out of training camp and now seeing the team in week 1, what should fans expect to see this year from your club?

4. Did any news catch your eye this week?

5. Discuss your next opponent and game.

GM Bennett

1. Discuss your performance and result for week 1. What were some sustains, and what were some improvements going into week 2?
It was a ugly as f**k game, let's keep it real here. Not just for our ball club but for the Monsters as well. Yes, it was a competitive game in all sense of the word but boy was it a ugly game. Maybe the weather had something to do with that or whatever but a brother was for sure stressing out up in that suite.

What matters though is that we got the dub. Our team showed just how good we are as well gave our players and coaching staff and idea of where we need to improve on if we hope to achieve our ultimate goal.

The OG Ramos showed he is still that guy. Kitchen had one helluva game the way he was slanging that thang. He was making all the right throws, guys just have to catch it. Al was doing everything on our offense but throwing the ball haha, kid showing just how talented he truly he is. He's ready to take that next step and I can't to see it. McNasty continues to prove he's one of if not thee best running back in the game.

Our defense...Our defense is ruthless. They never let up even with their backs against the wall. For example our first round rookie Hyatt. Rogers was going after the kid all game but he didn't quit. He rose to the challenge and made a HUGE play for us towards the end of the game. Proud of that kid he's gonna be something in this league. When you got PS2 to mentor you and play with...I don't expect any less.

Look man like I said it was a ugly game but we got the win. And we're very very very happy about that. I think we need to step it up a bit more in the secondary if you were to ask me where I think we need to improve on going forward. We got that talent, we showed that. These boys are clutch. But Rogers was having a career day on us despite all that. We can do better. I know we can, I believe in these guys. We got one of the best defenses in the league ain't no way we can be slacking in the pass department. Especially with where the league is headed.

2. Overtime against a division rival, who was the MVP for you?
Aiden Kelly....Kidding, just kidding.

In all seriousness on the offensive side I'd say Al Beard and on defense PS2.

3. Coming out of training camp and now seeing the team in week 1, what should fans expect to see this year from your club?
You're gonna be seeing a team with championship aspirations who have a no quite attitude. I'll to you all like I told the team...It's kill or be killed. Don't be on the wrong end of it. And what did that do? They survived. I hope to God we don't have anymore ugly games like that cause s**t I think I might have a few heart attacks this season if so. But fans can be hopeful this season. They can tune into our games and know it's gonna be exciting all season long.

4. Did any news catch your eye this week?
Yeah...These O-Line's across the league including our own best be ready cause I believe it's gonna be a b**ch for em this season. QB's are gonna be looking to slang that thang more and the defenses aren't gonna let up. That pass rush is gonna be heavy.

5. Discuss your next opponent and game.
We'll be facing a familiar face of mine this week, Atlanta. Though they lost GM Wrong this season it's gonna be good to go up against their ball club. They're coming off a win against the Crows so I know they just gonna be looking to expand on that win streak as they come into town.

Sorry to disappoint the Underground, but it ain't gonna be easy.

Are there any questions?

Talon

It was a shootout, but it was win and we showed our offense is going to be a problem for teams around this league.

GM Bennett

Yeah Coach, you guys really showed just how versatile our offense can be.

One my concerns right now is our pass protection. I'm hoping our guys can do a good job there. I wanna make sure we keep Kitchen healthy all season.

Like I told the press only bad thing about our defense is our secondary. If we're to expect this season to look more pass heavy, our boys are gonna have to step up a lot more than just the norm.

We certainly have the tools to be great, Coach.

Talon

GM Bennett

We have the Underground coming in this week. How are you feeling about this week's match up and how we fair against them?

Talon

I don't go into a game I don't believe we can smoke em.  I don't play to lose.

GM Bennett

MY MAN!!!!!

Ahem...My man, that's what I love to hear.

I think that's all for this week coach, if you don't mind can you send up Kitchen up to my office for a quick sec?

Talon

The IT QB is in the building, hold your applause..

GM Bennett

AYYEEEEEE, MY MAN!!!

Hey AK, just wanted to see how you were doing and feeling about everything so far this season. One game in the books and you was slangin' that thang like a reality king.

Talon

You know what, that's a hell of a nickname.  Lets pump some PR funds into it.  THE REALITY KING, Aaron Kitchen! 

That's MONE'!

GM Bennett

My man it'd be gold!!!!

If we had the funds I would, dont you temp me!

Let ya agent know so he can get some companies get on that hype train.

All that said, you feelint good about our offense?

Talon

I've been running this offense for 4+ years now with Willis and Max as my supporting cast.  The GM, the HC, the OC may come and go, but THE KITCH is the constant in St. Paul and I am awesome, therefor the offense is AWESOME.

GM Bennett

Well I'm hoping during my tenure we can add a trophy to The Kitchen!

Ahem...Anyways let me not take up much more of ya time my man. Good luck this week.

---

Elsa. How'd the photoshoot go?

Talon

Check and see for yourself!

A THUMB DRIVE IS DROPPED ON YOUR DESK

GM Bennett

Oh well...Well damn alright.

I'ma check these out after I lock in real quick.

GM Bennett

Game Two vs. Atlanta Underground

Player Rotations:
Mostly Starters

TIME TO HUNT!!!

GM Bennett

1. What stood out to you about your team this week, any surprise performances good or bad?
What stood out this week was our teams never quit attitude. With Jerry having a career highlight of a game on defense and AK The Reality King flexing that clutch muscle and getting us that dub. It was a very hard fought game. Our boys had to dig deep to get that win for our home fans and we succeeded in just that. Our fans left the arena with their team winning along with just an ass kicking of a game and time. That's a win-win in my book haha.

I hated seeing how much we turned the ball over but that didn't stop us from doing what we do and getting the dub.

2. Discuss any news that interested you. (Cover your news first; then move on)
What more can I say about Jerry Worthington? He played his ass off and did everything possible to help us win. I know over the years people have had the brain dead idea to doubt this man and his greatness. He just went out there and showed he's worth every cent and his greatness is not to be questioned.

The other news that caught my eye...Shout out to the rook Jim Rosa. Love that kind of confidence and bravado from a young man. I suspect he's gonna do great things for the Cancun organization in future years.

3. Talk about your next match up, how do you win this game?
This week we'll be hosting the coach's former team. I'm sure some of the players there are looking forward to seeing him and reconnecting with him after the game. Nevertheless, I think it should be yet another hard fighting game and this time it will be in prime time.

Losing Gerald Wood for a x amount of time is gonna be tough on our O-Line, I'd imagine. As always it will be next man up. Either way the way we'll win this game is by living and dying by our grit on both sides of the ball. They are coming off a huge victory over Oakland and I'm sure they are looking to capitalize on that momentum. Both of our games have been dog fights. I expect just about the same on Monday Night.

---

Coach, congrats on the bitter sweet victory. Gerald getting hurt concerns me a bit. Looking at how things are going this season we need a fortified offensive line to protect AK and make sure our rushing attack is as aggressive as it is or beyond that.

Talon

At least we have depth at guard, Jones will slot in and Walter will back him up, so we're not in a bad way at least.  More worried about Willis being nicked, Salary is okay, but if it becomes a longer term thing we're really going to be missing his dynamic ability.

GM Bennett

Yeah you're definitely right about that. I'm hoping it doesn't escalate to anything serious. Let's keep an eye on him this week in practice. If you and the staff feel it might be too much of a risk for him to go then you guys can either limit his time or go ahead and let him sit out this week. With him being probable I think that's just about the only options we have at the moment.

With Sydney coming into town, are there any changes to our line up or gameplan that needs to be altered?

Talon

We're going with our best gameplan right now, no need to change it up

GM Bennett

Alright sounds good, Coach. Let's keep the momentum going and get this dub.

If you will, when you get down to the locker room can you tell Jerry to come up to my office for a quick second?

Talon

Got your attention, huh?

GM Bennett

MY MAN J-DUUBBYYAAAHHH!!!!!!!

Yeah, shit you got the whole league's attention! Shut some people up who dared to doubt you.

I love it!

Talon

Get used to it, I'm putting the league on notice this season.

GM Bennett

That's what I love to hear my man!

Alright I just wanted to show you some love brother. Keep killing it out there, you're making everyone else better with that kind of performance.

Thanks for coming up, Jerry.

---

Elsa, who showed out and then some in that photshoot. The pictures are...

BENNETT DOES A CHEF KISS

Ahem but anyways I'm gonna look some things over and then I'll get us locked in.

GM Bennett

Game Three vs. Sydney Stingrays

Player Rotations:
Mostly Starters

DEPTH CHART CHANGES
1. Alfred Peterson
2. Luther Bowlin

TIME TO HUNT!!!

GM Bennett

WES WALKS OUT TO THE PODIUM VISABLY ANNOYED. NOT ABOUT LOSING THE GAME BUT WHAT HAS TRANSPIRED AFTER THE GAME. HE LETS OUT A SHY AND SHAKES HIS HEAD IN DISAPPOINTMENT.

BENNETT PUTS ON A SMALL SMILE AS HE LOOKS UP TO THE CROWDED MEDIA GROUP.

Welp...Hey guys...

We gonna address the elephant in the room but let's take care of business first. Close, close, close game Monday Night. What should've been a better game in my opinion for both ball clubs ended up being more of a game of the kickers. It should've been a lot better than it coming down to the kickers really. It was a defensive game but it was also full of a lot of mistakes.

Gotta give credit where it's due the Stingrays came in and got the victory. They knew they were going up against their former Offensive Coordinator and didn't wanna give our guy the benefit of seeing his new team win at home. Congratulations to them, GM Dazz and their organization.

All that being sad I seen some good things to take away from this game but it's been clear since game one...Every game is gonna be close for our team. We have yet to have a definitive victory. No matter how good we are on either side of the ball we are lacking when it comes to actually dominating and securing the win. We can't keep letting the games come down to the last second, we just shown how bad it can shoot us in the foot. We've gonna execute. We can't do that then what the f**k is the point of it all, huh?

I told this team already...We are here to win. Anything else is a failure in my eyes. On Monday we failed. We walked out of the game failures. We failed ourselves and we failed our fans. I'm disgusted by it. I sure hope they are too.

Now, about the elephant in the room. As soon as I leave you guys I'm gonna be speaking with both Kitchen and McNasty. That crap they let the world see? Bullsh*t. Yeah I'm pissed about losing but that there? I'm livid. Two of my team captains on Twitter making full blown asses of themselves. Both men are in the wrong with how they have handled this. I'm not here to point fingers or anything this will be handled in house. That's all I will say about that at this time.

We have to go down to Nashville and face MY former team now. Coming off this kind of loss and this childish ass behavior on social media...I'm pissed. Our focuse clearly isn't where it needs to be.

---

Coach before we talk we're gonna get this bullshit handled first. One sec.

Elsa, get Kitchen and McNasty in my office ASAP please. Get Worthington in here too, just incase these boys think they can move some furniture up in my office.

SHAKES HIS HEAD AS HE WAITS

Talon

THE TRIO ENTERS, WORTHINGTON STANDING QUIETLY YET INTIMIDATINGLY WHILE YOUR STAR RB QND QB GLARE AT EACH OTHER FROM EITHER SIDE OF THE BROAD SHOULDERED DEFENSIVE TACKLE.

GM Bennett

The fuck is wrong with y'all? Nah forreal what in the actual FUCK is wrong with the two of you? I hope you know how much of an ass you made each other look. I hope you know just how much you embarrassed yourselves, your teammates, your coaches...This entire fucking organization. Not to even mention the fans and the city of St. Paul.

Let's take a look at what you boys had to share with the world, shall we?

BENNETT PICKS UP A REMOTE TO THE 4K TV THAT'S CURRENTLY MIRRORING HIS COMPUTER SCREEN. WES JUST SO HAPPENS TO HAVE THEIR TOXIC EXCHANGE ON TWITTER DISPLAYED.

First and foremost...I'd love to know what you were fucking thinking AK cause from the looks of it...You weren't thinking at all son!?! The fuck is this? You lose a game and the first thing you do is throw YOUR OWN TEAMMATE UNDER THE FUCKING BUS??!?!?! An injured teammate at that. If anything you should be appreciative of Willis even having the toughness to step out there on the fucking field to try to play through his injury. But no...No you actually thought being a dickhead was the right idea.

But wait...THERE'S MORE!!!

You sat up there and claimed he'd be the first one traded between you two...AK, with shit like this and all the picks you've thrown in these three games, I don't know how you can honestly sit up there with that kind of attitude and ego. AK you're a great QB. You can ball your ass off and yes I think you're one of the best QB's in the league. But boy I tell ya...WHEN YOU DO SHIT LIKE THIS??? AND YOU GIVE ANYONE CHANCE TO QUESTION JUST HOW GOOD YOU ARE??? You aren't safe son. I promise you that. I think you forgot, this is your contract season. I have to evaluate you throughout the season before I plan on hitting up your agent to resign your ass. DO YOU HONESLTY THINK SHIT LIKE THIS IS GONNA MAKE ME WANT TO KEEP YOU HERE??!?!

I don't care how good of a QB you are, you pull some shit like this and be a distraction to this team the one that's gonna be shipped up outta here isn't the superstar RB. I can tell you that much.

But...But does it stop there? Oh no...Let's keep going shall we?

Again, I am once again wondering...Wondering just what in the hell you were thinking when you had the bright idea to throw the city into this. Oh wait...You weren't. Again. Son you should be thankful that you play in this state of the art domed stadium. Grateful even. You didn't build shit. Let's get that out the way. The contractors and the architects that GM Eli hired built this place. And this place wouldn't have even got built if it wasn't for the funding from ownership, the fucking city and state officials or hell even the citizens that voted to get the funding passed for the damn place to be BUILT.

Sure, you're probably gonna sit there and tell me it was just a figure of speech. Damn that. You haven't even earned the right to say you built anything yet, AK. Like I said you may be a good as fuck QB but you haven't earned the respect or the honor of having your own statue. Maybe when you have a storied career for this franchise then, THEN just maybe, MAYBE you'll earn yourself that statue. But going on Twitter and saying that? You just about spit in all of these peoples faces and I see it as the ultimate disrespect to the people who have cheered your name and spent their hard earned money to support you. You owe them all an apology.

You owe Willis an apology. You owe your team an apology. You owe your coaching staff an apology. Son you need to pull that head out of your dick and wise the fuck up. How much bad blood do you have on this team? I didn't forget coming in you and Max had some beef last season. Did you forget you are a captain of this team? You are a leader. Act like one. Willis didn't bite his tongue, he told you. You're not that well liked in that locker room. That's something YOU and only YOU can repair.

Willis...I understand your frustration. But you ain't getting outta here scot-free either. Yes, I appreciate and am grateful that you went out there and played despite the injury. You had a tough game, we get that. AK didn't either. I've met guys like AK before. They lash out when things aren't going their way. We lost. It sucks. I fucking hate it and I know every single person in the locker room feels the same way but just aren't as vocal as our esteemed QB is.

I don't blame you for defending yourself, really. I don't. But even with the level head and that maturity that you showed or at least attempted to show before things got out of hand, you know damn well this matter could've been handled in house. At least there this shit wouldn't be displayed to the world and you boys would be looked at as a full blown embarrassment to us all. I expect this kind of brain dead bullshit from AK but not you my man. You're better than that. You too owe everyone an apology.

You boys better figure this shit the fuck out. Make up. Talk it out. Mend fences. Whatever. Work the shit out.

Jerry, I want you and the other captains to hold these two accountable. Let them know just how bad of a look this shit is. And if they can't...You and the rest of the team can thank them for fucking us all over and missing out on the one goal we put forth this season.

AK...You need to step into reality and look around you. These are your teammates and in some instances supposed to be your brothers. But your attitude is lead you to losing them. You make better decisions off the field it'll help you make better ones on it as well.

Now, if you boys got anything to say I suggest you say whatever it is you want to say now before you head back to that locker room and onto that practice field.

Talon

"BRAIN DEAD BULLSHIT?!"   Kitchen OUT!

AARON KITCHEN STORMS OUT OF THE ROOM, MAKING A BEE-LINE FOR THE DOOR.  ON HIS WAY, HE GOES TO SHOULDER CHECK WORTHINGTON BUT THE MASSIVE MOUNTAIN OF A MAN DOES NOT BUDGE.

Move you over sized, over hyped GOOF!

KITCHEN ATTEMPTS TO SHOVE HIS WAY THROUGH WORTHINGTON, BUT SUDDENLY FINDS HIMSELF ON HIS BACK, STARS IN HIS EYES AND CIRCLING HIS HEAD LIKE AN OLD-SCHOOL CARTOON.   WORTHINGTON STANDS STOICALLY , ONLY ONCE RUBBING HIS KNUCKLES AFTER THE PUNCH THAT FLOORED THE STARTING QUARTERBACK.

AFTER A QUIET MOMENT, KITCHEN SNAPS TOO AND STAGGERS TO HIS FEET, FLEEING THE ROOM AND LATER THE BUILDING.

GM Bennett

Christ, how can somebody be that damn childish? Whatever we'll let him blow off some steam see how it goes when he gets back.

ALL THEIR PHONES BEGIN TO BUZZ ALONG WITH NOTIFICATION BELLS.

The hell is that?

THEY ALL TAKE OUT THEIR PHONES AND BENNETT FACEPALMS WITH A CHUCKLE.

You've gotta be kidding me...

Eh, Jerry the punch wasn't needed but he did provoke you so it was self defense in my eyes. Either way I don't really see the kid going through with all this. He's gonna have to look in the mirror and see how he was in the wrong throughout all this.

Jerry thanks for coming up you can go ahead and head back to practice. If you need or want to you can contact your agent, lawyer and the PA to tell your side of things if they need any details on the situation. Just in case. If they need to they can contact me directly. I'm sure the same goes for Willis and Coach since they literally witnessed the whole melodrama.

Willis, I said what needed to be said. I'd say you handled yourself the best you can in the situation. Only thing you did wrong was have the shit spill out on Twitter. With how everything unfolded I don't think you'd be looked at as the bad guy in all this. Just try to get healthy and do what you can out there. Don't over do yourself. If you want to say anything to me go ahead, but if not you can head back to the locker room with Jerry.

Talon

Good Riddance to bad Rubbish, bruh.

GM Bennett

Hey man we'll see if shit can get worked out next week. But for now, it's probably best he left. He gonna get hit with a suspension regardless. Between starting the shit and the way he just acted? Yeah that ain't gonna fly.

If shit can't get worked out...I'll have to do something drastic.

I'm gonna tell you this now though...You guys don't have to like him. But I would at least hope there can be some respect. We all wanna win. We aren't here to dick around. If someone wants to put themselves before the team and winning a championship. This isn't gonna be the place for them. Simple as that.

Alright, I'm gonna stop wasting you boys time. Let me talk to the Coach for a minute.

---

Coach...First of all, I hate that this shit has happened. It should've never happened. We also shouldn't have lost that game.

Talon

I think you could've handled that differently, if you had said that to me when I was playing, I'd have started swinging on folks...   Its done now though, we have to focus on Music City or we're going to be 2-2 real quick.

GM Bennett

Yeah, I could've. You're right about that Coach. I'm sure I'm gonna reflect on it a lot through the course of this week up until we're able to speak with him again. We'll see...

But yeah, my old stomping grounds. It's a different team from when I was down there. I don't want to see us fuck this game up and walk out 2-2. I think Cole will be good enough for us to get a W next week. As long as we can make some key stops and not give away the damn ball, we should be good.

Our turnovers have been one of the main factors killing us this season even in the games we win. Too many close games. I know we can do better.

Other than the obvious switch up at QB this week is there anything we need to address going into this game?

Talon

GM Bennett

Alright Coach, I'm gonna take care of a few things here then I'll get us locked in. If I don't see you before I'll see you down in Nashville. Regardless of the result, dinner is on me. I'll introudce ya to a few people.

---

Elsa, I need you to call our man Jay C and let em know we're gonna be suspending his client Kitchen for the week. If Willis hasn't already hit em up and let em know what happened. Either way with what Aaron posted on Twitter I'm sure he gets the gist. Have em know we expect to see Aaron back here next week and hopefully cooler heads can prevail going forward.

I'm gonna get the press release ready and sent over to the league office as well as Jay C's then I'll get us locked in for the week.

After that...Hold my calls I'm going down to the gym. I need to blow off some steam and clear my head a bit.

GM Bennett

Game Four vs. Music City Kings

Player Rotations:
Mostly Starters

DEPTH CHART CHANGES
QB1 | Gunner Cole
QB2 | Eugene Dewitt
QB3 | Aaron Kitchen (Suspended)

TIME TO HUNT!!!

GM Bennett

AFTER A TURMOILOUS WEEK IN BOTH HIS NEW HOME AND FORMER HOME HIS PAST WEEK, GM WESLEY BENNETT WALKS TO THE PODIUM IN HIS GYM CLOTHES AND A LYNX TOWEL. HE WIPES OFF THE SWEAT FROM HIS FACE AS HE SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN WORKING OUT SOME DEMONS BEFORE SPEAKING TO THE PRESS...OR ANYONE FOR THAT MATTER.

HE NODS ACKNOWLEDING THE MEMBERS OF THE PRESS ALL EAGER TO HEAR FROM HIM.

Hello, I promise to answer all of your questions today but I'll try to keep it as blunt and short as possible. As you know, I'm an honest man. I don't like to hold much back but I'll do my best today because I'm sure you all know. I have a lot of work to do and address this week.

1. Talk about the results of your game this week.
We s**t the bed. Some key injuries, along with our starting QB being on a team suspicion. It hindered us. It did. We went up against my former team. it was good to see the guys and some of the fans back in Nashville. Proud of them and all of their success. I guess it just goes to show I know how to do my job...And I did it pretty damn well while I was down there.

2. After 4 weeks, is the team performing as expected, and where do you feel you need to improve most?
We have the talent sure. We knew coming into the season where our weaknesses were but I don't think we could've foreseen the injuries nor the...distractions that have held us back from our true potential.

Our secondary can do a better job for sure. With where the league is headed all of the secondaries will be tested and need to step up accordingly. Our O-Line is compromised due to injuries so both the passing and run game can't really take off as we'd hope. And our run defense...With all the talent we have on that line plus at linebacker? Yeah the run defense should be a lot better in my opinion.

3. We are getting into trade season, are you one who would like to get a deal done before the flurry at the deadline, or do you prefer to wait?   ...Also do you see yourself as a buyer or seller this season?
In the past I would say I'd prefer to wait. I like to look at the team and give them a chance to figure it out before I pull the trigger on any trade. I typically only do trades during the off-season even. I won't do any trades I feel takes away from where our goal is. That idea remains the same today...But while I'm here in St. Paul I'll do a trade whenever and with whoever if I feel it will help improve this team. I've seen all I needed to see so far.

But if a opportunity doesn't present itself that I see suitable? Then I'm content with the roster presently constructed. Even with the recent events that have transpired.

4. Rumor has it the HIFL and PFL have quietly discussed a trade window, what is your opinion on that possibility?
I'm open to it. Like I said I'll trade with whoever and whenever if I feel it will improve our team and us reaching our goal.

5. How much stock do you put into International Football, is the IFAF something you pay much attention to?
We have a monster linebacker from the IFAF, so what do you think? It's good to keep an eye on talent outside of the HIFL. Especially if there's a chance of bringing that talent to our rosters here in HIFL. I'm sure that's how other leagues feel as well.

It's really no different than someone scouting talent during free agency or before the draft.

6. Talk about this week (your upcoming game or bye week plans)
I have a lot to deal with this week as you all know. If they reach out I have no problem speaking to league officials or the Players Association. As I have been open to discussion since last week even. I have no regrets in the decision that was made. I do regret in the manner on how the situation was handled by myself as well as Aaron. Love the kid, he's our QB. I can understand Max supporting em, despite them both butting heads in the past. I have no problem with that.

Nevertheless, it's something I'm gonna be dealing with this week and hopefully it can get resolved.

Even with that, we have a former division rival coming to town. We have a lot to work through this week plus prepare for a game. And with our recent output as of late? We got a lot of work to do.

See you guys next week.

---

Elsa, I'm gonna take a quick shower and change into a suit. Tell Coach and whoever else I'll meet with them in my office in...30 minutes.

---

BENNETT NODS TO ELSA AS HE WALKS PASS HER DESK NOW DRESSED IN HIS SUIT AFTER A STEAMING HOT SHOWER.

Alright let's get this shit started, Elsa. Let's get the Coach and Aaron Kitchen up here first. And let the team captains know to be on stand by because they may all be called up as well later on.

Talon

Hey man, no sign of Kitchen, but I heard you were ready to see me.

GM Bennett

You've gotta be kidding me...

Yes. I know we were pretty handicapped last week but I didn't expect us to go out like that. Willis getting banged up again sucks. I know we got the Crows this week, it ain't gonna be much easier for us if we keep this up.

How do you think Cole did ou---Wait..Did somebody punch Trey? My man coming out the game with a bruised jaw???

Talon

Na, he just caught a helmet in a pile, nothing crazy.

I think we need to either reach out and fix things with Kitchen or we have to look at moving on.  Cole has the traits but his decision making is still just not cutting it.

GM Bennett

Oh good. Don't need any other needless drama.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to do before we even talked about anything. Gotta at least try to work things out before we jump to that option.

Elsa, can you try to figure out where the hell Aaron Kitchen is for us please?