FemFL / HIFL SHOWCASE

Started by Talon, August 15, 2023, 03:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

2026 FEMFL / HIFL SHOWCASE

Entry Fee: $250K

Entry fee gives scouting reports on 5 players of your choice from the list below.

Additional scouting is $250K for each additional 5 players.

EVENT RUN TIME:  15 AUG - 18 AUG 2023 (real time)

This thread is open for in character attendees to interact

Players available to be scouted:

• Ava Boldier
  • Beth Jones
  • Betty Bulger
  • Britni Fierce
  • Cherry de la Crema
  • Cinnamon Snaps
  • Clara Roze
  • Clarissa Rizzo
  • Diamond Starz
  • Emma Moss
  • Gail Storms
  • Harriett Patton
  • Heaven Lee 
  • Jamie Barger 
  • Jannet Fields
  • Jenny Blades
  • Karen Ryan
  • Kat Daley
  • Marijuana Prescott
  • Martini Lewis
  • McKayla Herbie
  • Melissa Danvers
  • Mercedes Mantalban
  • Nia Uso
  • Nicole O'Neil
  • Nikky Neck
  • Pandora Luna
  • Peaches de la Crema
  • Raven Luna
  • Sidney Slinger
  • Sweet P
  • Taylor Heineken
  • Tiff Fabulous
  • Tila Tagovailoa
  • Vicky Afalo
  • Whitney Hyland
  • Willow McGillicutty

GM Yount

"GOOD NEWS EVERYONE

ITS THE BIG DOG"

Talon

Hello GM Waters, I'm Tomi Brandy. Commissioner of the Female Football League or the FemFL as it's grown to be known.   I'm so happy to have you here today.

Talon

Hi GM Big Dog!  I'm Nikky Neck!  I'm a big fan of the way you've paved a way for women into this sport, it's so amazing to see you here!

GM Yount

"THANK YOU TOMI

GOOD TO MEET YOU

ITS ALWAYS GOOD TO HAVE ANOTHER OUTLET TO TRY TO SEE IF I CAN DISCOVER SOME TALENT BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE PARTICIPATING

WELL HAVE MY SCOUTS TELL ME SOMEONES TALENTED AND COUNT THAT AS DISCOVERING THEM

YOU KNOW THE BIG DOG PROBABLY COULD HAVE PLAYED MYSELF BACK IN THE DAY BEFORE I REACHED THE RIPE ..."

*She realizes she might be about to reveal how old she actually is and pivots*

"... YOUNG AGE OF TWENTY TWO"

*She turns to Nikky who thankfully she's seen a photo of before so she doesn't do a Vaudeville style double take*

"THANK YOU IM THE BIG DOG

YOU MUST BE A REAL MATCHUP NIGHTMARE WITH YOUR HEIGHT THERE HUH

KEEP GRINDING THOSE JUSTYN ROSS AND JOSEPH RUIZ TAPES IF YOU WANT A GOOD STUDY

SO NECK IS THAT A SCOTTISH NAME"

Talon

haha, yeah being 6'9" has its advantages in this league, that's for sure!   I think my name actually comes from Thailand, my great grandmother was Thai, so I guess that's where it comes from, but yes! I'll study that film for sure!  Thank you so much for taking time to talk to me!

GM Evans

GM Evans arrives at the event, nodding to his old acquaintance THE BIG DOG as she talks to the first woman he's ever had to physically look up to.

GM Oldfield

GM Oldfield arrives at the showcase, politely smiling and waving, keen to avoid overstepping the line from politeness to sexual predator

Talon

GM Evans!  Hi, I'm Melissa Danvers, you can call me Mel though, everyone does.

Anyways, as a native of Nebraska, I wanted to reach out and thank you for attending the event today.  We all plan to bust our butts to prove we belong!

Talon

GM Oldfield, bloody good to see you here.  My name is Gail Storms.  Proud of the work you're doing in London, great to see my home team showing up for the right reasons!

GM Fosters

GM Fosters is proud to support the FemFL showcase and is keeping an eye out for talent...

Talon

G'day GM Fosters!  Fancy seeing a fellow Aussie here!

GM Fosters

G'day Ms Moss, lovely to meet you... not many with our accent round here... just reminds me we're a long way from home. Bonza to meet ya!

GM Yount

*BIG DOG 'subtly' listens in to hear if either of the Aussies say "Drongo".*

GM Gates

GM Gates arrives on the field and finds Commissioner Brandy.

"Commissioner Brandy, glad to see you. I'm excited to see this showcase finally coming to fruition!"

GM Black Death

The giant frame of GM Black Death comes walking through the door, He is wearing a casual suit, color golden yellow, with a walking cane and yellow fedora hart. He walks with a limp over to a place where he can sit down. He finds a good spot facing the field

This is the right place, I wonder what sort of talent I will find here.

GM Bennett

After choosing not to attend the HIFL Draft Combine along with his coaching staff in St. Paul for...obvious reasons; Wesley was proud to be able to attend the FemFL Showcase with a couple members of the coaching staff who wanted to accompany him to get a look at the upcoming free agent talents.

Alright fellas, we know what we're looking for. Let's find us some diamonds in the rough.

The Underground trio begin to walk around the showcase. Wes nods to some of the GM's that are already there in attendance as well as the FemFL Commissioner as they begin to study the talent pool.

GM Evans

Pleasure to meet you, Mel. I hear you've been tearing it up in the FemFL, I'm excited to see what you're capable of! I'm sure the Pride fans would love to have a hometown hero to cheer on.

Talon

GAGA ROCKERFELLER AND THE NEW YORK EMPIRE STAFF ENTER THE FACILITY READY TO SCOUT AND RECRUIT TALENT TO THE PFL

Commissioner Brandy, it's a pleasure to see you here.  Looks like your girls are really dressed to impress today.  I'm excited to see who stands out and earns a contract in the PFL.

GM Pancho

GM Pancho eases into the conversation between Ms. Rockerfeller and Commissioner Brandy.

Gaga Rockerfeller, Commissioner Brandy - I've heard the names but never had the pleasure.  My name is Pancho Veracruz De La Hoya Cardinal Libre.  Current GM Rep and a fan of both the FemFL and the New York Empire. Just in case there was any confusion I'm not mad Ms. Rockerfeller.  Honestly I respect the hustle.

GM Pancho sees GM Gates near the Commissioner and acknowledges him

GM Gates, always the one with the bright ideas.  This is definitely one of your better ones.  That contract you gave Kitchen though ... time will tell I suppose.

GM Stark

GM STARK IS PRESENT TO SEE THE NEXT CROP OF TALENT TO, HOPEFULLY, ENTER THE HIFL. HE'S  GIVES A SMALL NOD AND WAVES TO THE OTHER GM'S THAT ARE PRESENT. HE HAS HIS NOTES READY AND SEES GAGA ROCKERFELLER. HE DECIDES THAT, DESPITE THE FRICTION BETWEEN THE TWO ORGANIZATIONS. SHOOTING THE BREEZE COULDN'T HURT. STARK WAITS FOR THE TRIO OF GM PANCHO, MS. ROCKERFELLER, AND COMMISSIONER BRANDY TO FINISH UP AND POLITELY INTERJECT.

Ms. Rockerfeller, nice to see you again. I know the negotiations during the year were tense, but hopefully, that doesn't stop us from just having a nice chit-chat, right? I don't think we even got to formally introduce ourselves to each other after all of that.

STARK THEN TURNS TO THE COMMISSIONER TO SHAKE HER HAND.

I wanna thank you for hosting this. Maria Crews has carved out such a great career, and honestly, I can't wait to see what these young women can do if they play in our league. It's exciting, and I'm glad you've given us the privilege of scouting them all.

GM Adam Wrong

GM Wrong arrives with Mrs Wrong and team and makes their way over to their designated area

GM Oldfield

Quote from: Talon on August 15, 2023, 05:39:12 PM

GM Oldfield, bloody good to see you here.  My name is Gail Storms.  Proud of the work you're doing in London, great to see my home team showing up for the right reasons!
Thank you for your kind words Ms Storms. I simply couldn't miss something so historic as this. And great to meet a fellow Brit representing all that's great about our dear nation

GM C4

GM C4 Arrives to the combine hoping no one calls him by a different name because it's always been C4

GM Yount

*GM BIG DOG sets up a table with copies of her book detailing her business exploits, "BIG DOGGING THE SWEET FANTASTIC: HOW THE BIG DOG BIG DOGGED HER WAY TO BEING THE BIG DOG OF GIRL BOSSES" in case any of the players attending want to be inspired*

Talon

THE WOMEN RUN DRILLS AND COMPETE IN AN ENTERTAINING SCRIMMAGE AS THE GM'S AND SCOUTS LOOK ON.   AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE EVENT, EACH PLAYER SITS AT THEIR OWN TABLE, ALLOWING GM'S TO APPROACH AND CHAT.

GM C4

GM C4 sits down with prospect Clara Roze

"When I heard there was a Canadian here I had to make a point to introduce myself, as well as congratulate on the recent Team Canada call up...... making history! My daughter has been blowing up my phone all weekend wanting to get an autograph that I can bring home if that's fine? And on the topic of football, would you consider yourself more of a slot wr or deep threat?"

Talon

GM C4, it's so good to meet you!  Oh, I'm happy to sign an autograph for your daughter, I wish you could've brought her with you to see the action!

Anyways, In the FemFL I've been able to run a lot more deep routes against the competition, but when I've been training with the CAD Natty team, I've been playing a lot of slot, and that's perfectly fine with me.

GM C4

I appreciate it, this is going to make for a hell of a birthday present. I'm going to have to sit down with our scouts but from my vantage point that an impressive workout and we're always looking to find Patrick Owen some more weapons. I won't hog you all to myself, but hopefully we'll be in touch after the draft. Best of luck!

Talon

Thank you for that!  Hope to hear from you soon!

GM Yount

*GM BIG DOG approaches Diamond Starz' table*

"HI DIAMOND IM THE BIG DOG

QUITE THE FAN OF RUNNING FAST AND FLIPPING MYSELF VERY IMPRESSIVE

DID YOU GET TO MEET PAUL RUDD WHEN YOUR FAMILY WAS AIRING QUOTE PARTY DOWN UNQUOTE"

Talon

"Big Dog... such a ... charming name.   So, I've met everybody who's anybody in Hollywood thanks to my family's business, but I only really remember the big stars. George, Channing, Henry, Robert, and of course Miles."

GM Fosters

GM Fosters sits down with Melissa Danvers.

"Ms Danvers, I wanted to come and introduce myself, I'm Bruce Fosters from Salt Lake. That was an impressive display out there. I hope to be in touch after the draft if you would interested in a gig with the Renegades?"

Talon

Thank you so much!  That means so much to me, I mean, I was told I'd never be able to play pro football and now here is a real chance and I am just over the moon.   I've been so blown away by how many scouts were watching my drills, so obviously it's going to be a thing where I have to take my time and see who all is interested, but Salt Lake is a beautiful place, so I'd definitely be considering an offer if you choose to make one!

GM Yount

"AH YES I THINK YOU CAN ACTUALLY FIND SOME GOOD HOLLYWOOD STORIES HERE IN MY BOOK WHICH I JUST HAPPEN TO HAVE A FEW EXTRA COPIES OF"

*BIG DOG slides Diamond a copy of this monstrosity*

"ANYWAYS EXCELLENT WORK OUT THERE CONSIDER THE BIG DOG IMPRESSED"

GM Mike Powers

GM POWERS MAKES A MUCH LOWER KEY ENTRANCE TO THE FEMFL EVENT, SIMPLY WALKING INTO THE FACILITY WITH HIS TEAM OF SCOUTS.  HE SEES SIDNEY SLINGER AND WALKS OVER TO HER.

Sidney, nice to meet you.  I'm lucky enough to have you uncle Mississippi on my staff, and he couldn't stop talking you up.  The Slinger football DNA is pretty deep in those genes I assume?

GM Gates

Quote from: GM Pancho on August 16, 2023, 12:12:05 AM

GM Gates, always the one with the bright ideas.  This is definitely one of your better ones.  That contract you gave Kitchen though ... time will tell I suppose.

GM GATES SMIRKS.

GM Pancho, nice to see you. I figured one of us should have a good idea this off season and this type of showcase was long overdue. As for the contract...I will let it speak for itself on the field. Now if you'll excuse me.

GM GATES WALKS PAST GM PANCHO AND SITS AT A TABLE ACROSS FROM HARRIETT PATTON.

Ms Patton, nice to meet you. Your uncle always had nothing but good things to say about you and praised your quarterback skills. It's good to see the Patton name is still going strong.

GM Dario

GM Tylen Dario walks down the concourse at the "Snow Globe" in St. Paul.
Coach Graham and most of the assistants are trailing by him.
Dario is making small talk with others as he passes by them on the concourse then gets a chime from his phone.

Might be the news I'm hopin' for.

Hmm, Nope. 

Dario starts to put his phone away then gets another message chime.

Might just be worth the extra cashola spent.

Dario puts his phone away and continues down the concourse.

GM Franchise

A limousine drives up and parks in the parking lot. The driver gets out and goes over to open up the back passenger door. Out of that door arrives GM Franchise and his coaching staff. Franchise motions for someone and the dryer brings a bottle of Cabernet for him as the staff sits does go watch the showcase. Franchise looks around and is immediately impressed.

"This is money well spent."

He looks over and sees the mingling going on with a smirk on his face.

"Hey yo, I'm fashionably late but here but I'm seeing a lot of conversations. I'm not looking for talk, I'm looking for hardworking, dedicated athletes."

He gets a glass of wine poured for him and starts looking at the showcase.

"This is all business. Coaches, find me some blue collar, working class athletes. I'm not here for clout, I'm here to find diamonds in the rough. Let's rock."

Talon

Quote from: GM Big Dog on August 16, 2023, 04:56:25 PM
"AH YES I THINK YOU CAN ACTUALLY FIND SOME GOOD HOLLYWOOD STORIES HERE IN MY BOOK WHICH I JUST HAPPEN TO HAVE A FEW EXTRA COPIES OF"

*BIG DOG slides Diamond a copy of this monstrosity*

"ANYWAYS EXCELLENT WORK OUT THERE CONSIDER THE BIG DOG IMPRESSED"

"Uh-Wow, I don't read much, but I'll make sure my assistant reads it to me or gives me the cliff notes.  Ciao! "

Talon

Quote from: GM Mike Powers on August 16, 2023, 05:39:50 PM
GM POWERS MAKES A MUCH LOWER KEY ENTRANCE TO THE FEMFL EVENT, SIMPLY WALKING INTO THE FACILITY WITH HIS TEAM OF SCOUTS.  HE SEES SIDNEY SLINGER AND WALKS OVER TO HER.

Sidney, nice to meet you.  I'm lucky enough to have you uncle Mississippi on my staff, and he couldn't stop talking you up.  The Slinger football DNA is pretty deep in those genes I assume?

"Oh hey there GM Powers, yeah Uncle Sippy told me you guys might come check out the showcase, so that's really nice of yall to be hear.   

Of course my family was born and bread for football so it's just a part of who I am, I guess, so are you ready to make some history and bring me on board in Milwaukee?  What's more fitting than the high flying Barons adding a bombshell to the defense?"

Talon

Quote from: GM Gates on August 16, 2023, 07:58:19 PM
Quote from: GM Pancho on August 16, 2023, 12:12:05 AM

GM GATES SMIRKS.

GM Pancho, nice to see you. I figured one of us should have a good idea this off season and this type of showcase was long overdue. As for the contract...I will let it speak for itself on the field. Now if you'll excuse me.

GM GATES WALKS PAST GM PANCHO AND SITS AT A TABLE ACROSS FROM HARRIETT PATTON.

Ms Patton, nice to meet you. Your uncle always had nothing but good things to say about you and praised your quarterback skills. It's good to see the Patton name is still going strong.

"Really good to meet you Mr. Gates, this even has been amazing for all of the girls and I just can't wait to see how many of these ladies make a roster.   I know I'm looking forward to the chance to show what I can bring to the table, whether its on the field or in the film room"

GM Bennett

After the events, Bennet along side the newly appointed Asst. HC Charles Bishop walk over to sit with Tiff Fabulous while the other coach that came to the event made a phone call to the war room back in Atlanta.

Okay now baller, I seen you out there putting in work on the block!

Talon

Work is all I know.  That grind is what got me here and that Grind is what's going to prove that their is no ceiling on my game.  I came, I saw, I conquered the FemFL, and now I'm ready to do the same in the HIFL, the PFL, the IFAF, whatever comes next, your girl is ready.

GM Lucas

(LUCAS WALKS IN SPORTING A HORRIBLY TACKY ED HARDY HAWIAN SHIRT, CARGO SHORTS AND HIS BINDER AT HAND. UNWILLING TO TOP OFF THE TACKY-NESS WITH OPEN TOE MANDALS HE DECIDES ON A PAIR OF JORDANS AS HE WALKS THE FLOOR AND QUICKLY SPOTS NICKKY NECK)

Ms. Neck, pleasure to meet you. I have to ask, is Neck your official last name, did you change it for social media, talk to me, I'm intrigued not only by your social media presence but by your ability.

Talon

Why would I change my name to Neck? ....

I'm just kidding, I know I have a Giraffe neck, but  I think my name actually comes from Thailand, my great grandmother was Thai, so I guess that's where it comes from there was a tribe in Thailand that was known for their extremely long necks.

GM Black Death

GM Black limps over to the table where Taylor Heineken sits . He smiles at her

Hello Miss Heineken, GM Black Death here,  you can call me BD, but I got one question for you, What do you like about being in the trenches?

Talon

Quote from: GM Black Death on August 17, 2023, 04:42:56 PM
GM Black limps over to the table where Taylor Heineken sits . He smiles at her

Hello Miss Heineken, GM Black Death here,  you can call me BD, but I got one question for you, What do you like about being in the trenches?

I love the sweat, the pain, the sheer amount of flesh being crushed together in a split second at the snap of the ball.   Hearing those women grunt and shriek as I impose my will on them.. Its like heroine, man.

GM Black Death

that is a very good answer, thank you for your time

GM BD moves over to the Luna Twins' table .

One question ladies,  are you two open to learning how to get better, if someone is willing to teach you the techniques that will make you better on the football field are you two willing to learn them

GM Mike Powers

Quote from: Talon on August 17, 2023, 02:30:56 PM
Quote from: GM Mike Powers on August 16, 2023, 05:39:50 PM

"Oh hey there GM Powers, yeah Uncle Sippy told me you guys might come check out the showcase, so that's really nice of yall to be hear.   

Of course my family was born and bread for football so it's just a part of who I am, I guess, so are you ready to make some history and bring me on board in Milwaukee?  What's more fitting than the high flying Barons adding a bombshell to the defense?"

Definitely is a possibility, we'll have to see where the chips fall after the draft.  It was nice talking to you, I'll catch you later.

GM POWERS WALKS OVER TO BETTY BULGER

Betty, how are you doing?  Tell me a bit about yourself, and why you believe you are good enough to play ball with the best of the best, regardless of gender.