ATLANTA UNDERGROUND [GM BENNETT]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 10:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Adam Wrong

SEASON 15 - WEEK 6

1. Discuss your week 6 results
Well an agonising defeat against arguably one of the best teams in the league. It was always going to be rough going when we gave them a 3 quarters of a game headstart. But retrieving 2 onside kicks and putting a hell of a lot of effort in to the final quarter gave me some heart... it still doesn't ease the sting of defeat though.

2. Discuss any news that interested you, if you had team specific news address it first.

Lincoln Doss is rattled by some rough play? Does he know that the touch football league is down the road. He might be a bit old for it though.

3. Discuss your next opponent and game. What is your biggest advantage in this contest?

A top of Division clash with Music City looms. If the lads can turn up for more than one quarter of a game, we may be looking towards a tasty fixture that I would like to see going in our favour. GM Bennett is a smooth operator and I have a lot of time for him. That doesn't mean I won't enjoy crushing the Kings out on the football field.

GM Adam Wrong

Coach... that was bloody frustrating

Talon

Their defense just crushed us in the fist half.. too many 3 and outs.

GM Adam Wrong

So frustrating but we finally unpicked them going into the end of the 3rd. Whether that was down to fatigue or what I don't know but that 4th quarter performance should be what we deliver in all 4 against Music City.

Bright and Donaldson aren't Wilkinson and Diaz so how do you think we'll fare against the Kings?

Talon

I have a lot of love for Bright, but he isn't at that GOAT tier, you're right.

They are a tough team but we are mentally tougher, I believe we can beat them whether its a blow out or a nail biter, in the end we are the tougher team.

GM Adam Wrong

And we need to flex that toughness against them early on.

On a positive note, Tommy seems to be finding much better form with the addition of Gris. Has he had a big influence on the other receivers?

Talon

His leadership has been a positive influence for sure.

GM Adam Wrong

That's positive.

Right, before I let you get back to work, any changes needed this week?

I'm sniffing around some potential trades but will likely wait until the bye week

Talon

Nothing springs to mind for me.

GM Adam Wrong

Right, trades can wait

Let's do what we do best, top the division

Coaches to decide

Lock in

GM Adam Wrong

SEASON 15 - WEEK 7

1. Discuss your weeks results
A great beefy win against a Music City team you can't ever right off. Once we took the lead, it didnt feel like we would lose despite a scare towards the end. Game ball has to go to Junior Barden for an amazing defensive performance.

2. Discuss any news that interested you, if you had team specific news address it first.
Obviously Tommy's comments will be dealt with internally before we react fully, the comments may have been taken out of context so I will be managing that internally.

Speaking of outspoken Quarterbacks, Maldonado being lambasted for lamenting the loss of Hagan feels harsh. He's not short of leadership quality himself but he's simply saying that Hagan was a great player to have in the team.

Robles criticism of Wharton is ludicrous. As you know, I love a 1-2 combo with my Running Backs from Glitz and Hammer to AMC and Leroy. He should be happy that GM BD feels confident to run it as much as they do.

3. Discuss your next opponent and game. What is your biggest advantage in this contest?

New Jersey are next and they are hurting from defeat to DC. Their pass defence is struggling to boot. We need to sniff out that blood and capitalise as we head into the bye week afterwards

--
Coach, before I speak to Tommy and Dallas, tell me your opinion on the matter with the mic and if you don't mind it's a 2 part follow up question but it's all related.

Is Tommy fair in his frustration or is he looking for excuses now he has a solid O-line and quality receiver options?
Is Dallas up to scratch as our OC?

Talon

I don't know that Tommy was directly just shitting on Dallas, and no matter what that type of talk can lead to a locker room mutiny and hurt the coaching staff as a whole;   that being said, Coach Prince isn't an explosive dynamic OC, he's old school and some *might* suggest he's not in touch with the new generation of play calling and offense.

GM Adam Wrong

Well I'll have a word with Tommy to warn him about his choice of words and I'll check in with Dallas to make sure he's OK.

As for the defence, I've just made a move to improve and give us a much needed FS. Another deal is in the pipeline to replace Johnson at DE.

Are you happy with that and the win this week?

Talon

Trades are proved on the field, so we'll see how that goes, but hell yeah a win is a win and that's all we care about.  The trade moving Johnson is a low risk high reward, I like it on paper, now lets see how it changes chemistry.

GM Adam Wrong

Now Eubanks is in, we have the Johnson replacement. Do we immediately slot him into Johnson's position?

Talon

He definitely slots in as the starter.

GM Adam Wrong

That's good to hear. Anything else to address before I deal with this Tommy trouble?

(If not then...)

---

Tommy Mazza please.

Tommy, we've all had live mic things being taken out of proportion. I just wanted to check in to make sure that you are OK

Talon

Oh I'm fine boss, no sweat off my back.

GM Adam Wrong

So working with Dallas, how are you finding it? You know you can be frank with me

Talon

I've always wanted to be a part of a high octane offense, and I don't think he speaks that language.

GM Adam Wrong

OK well I'll have a chat with him about his vision but can I just remind you that there are live mics out and about and they pick up on everything said. I'd appreciate you coming straight to me with these frustrations rather than me having to wade through the media about it afterwards. My door being open isn't just a figure of speech. You're having a tremendous season. Let's keep that momentum up against Cleveland alright?

GM Adam Wrong

And by Cleveland I mean New Jersey...

Talon

GM Adam Wrong

Dallas Prince please.

Dallas, are you feeling OK following the media storm? How is the relationship with you and Tommy?

Talon

It's been an interesting few days, but I'm a professional, I know how it goes.  The offense isn't producing like people expect, so it goes on me first before the media changes targets, it is what it is...

Tommy can feel how he feels, but I know for a fact that he wouldn't be a 10K 50TD QB in another system just because of the play calling like he seems to imagine.

GM Adam Wrong

I get that and I appreciate your approach. I just want to make sure that you can both be professional and civil to each other.

May I suggest that you could call his bluff with an alternative play call and see how he adapts. Ots not about leaning into giving him what he wants but it could give him a chance to sink or swim in that situation.

Talon

If you want me to, that's your call boss.

GM Adam Wrong

Keep working as you are this week and then what we will do over the bye week is work with you, Tommy and Gary to formulate a plan that Tommy is happier with and if it goes tits up,  he can accept that what you have done offensively is take us to the top of our division.

Happy with that?

Talon

I'm paid to coach how you want, so it works for me.

GM Adam Wrong

Great stuff. Thanks for the flexibility Dallas.

---

Gary Fedora again please.

Gary, I have had a chat with both of them and during the bye week, I'm going to organise a meet up between the 3 of you to share ideas and hopefully get some form of accord between the pair. What do you think to another pick up game during the bye week to give the guys some sharpness?

Talon

There is always the risk of injury, just keep that in mind.

GM Adam Wrong

Oh I know, even at half pace though, it gives the boys chance to sharpen up and throws us a sneaky look at the future. I'll chat more come the bye week.

---

Miss Watson, could you help an old man out, I know the anniversary of the terrible events is coming up, which week specifically is it as I'd like to try and do something in honour of the victims

Talon

This week marks the anniversary, sir... hard to believe it's been a whole year already.

GM Adam Wrong

*GM Wrong rubs his forehead.*

Crikey. A year already?

Can you arrange some gift baskets to all involved please? Messrs Wimpleman, Bloom, Wolf and anyone else there on that awful day. After that, take the rest of the week off for yourself to spend with loved ones

Talon

I certainly can, sir.  How much are we spending on these baskets, and are we sending any to the tribal foundations for those lost that day in the arena?

GM Adam Wrong

Consider the total to be 250k in total. That will cover everything and send a nice donation through to the tribal foundations too.

I'll league office it right away

Talon

Yes sir, thank you for the time off.  I'll see you next week.

GM Adam Wrong

Excellent let's get sorted then

Harold Eubanks to LDE1
Eddie Thomas to FS1

LOCK IN

GM Adam Wrong

SEASON 15 - WEEK 8

1. Discuss your weeks results

Well... we forgot to turn up in the second half. After a really solid first half against a tough NJ team, we shit the bed in the second half and produced nothing. It was frustrating but we have to work on our consistency during our bye week

2. Discuss any news that interested you, also what are some of the stats and/or stat leaders that have surprised you at the mid-point of the season?

I'm disappointed to see our rushing defence producing such disappointing figures. It's good to see we are putting pressure on the opposition Quarterbacks.

3. What you hope to achieve this week in your bye Week?
I hope to try and get our recent acquisitions comfortable and settled and then I hope to sharpen our boys up for the run in with Music City snapping at our heels

Talon

Well basically two weeks off before Music City... we should be ready for them

GM Adam Wrong

What happened in that second half? Was it fatigue? Was it complacency?

Talon

In the third quarter it was penalties and mental errors... We had a few costly penalties  the made Desimone's FG longer than it needed to be and we miss putting 3 points on the board.

In the 4th quarter we get Desimone another shot and another false start cost us and instead of a 47 yard kick its a 52... he misses it, again...  So its still 20-17.  By the time we got it back with 1:55 to go in the 4th quarter we were back at our own 8 yard line and really couldn't get it going..  They forced us into a 3 and out and then the defense was just tired, we gave up enough yardage for them to kcik the FG to send it to OT...

In overtime we forced them to punt but went three and out, forced them into a 3 and out right after and we tried to drive but with 1 minute left we had to punt it away.. at that point I thought the game would be a tie, but for their back up QB Alexander to hit a hail Mary to DGB to walk it off with seconds left on the clock?   ...we were stunned, but the team was just out of gas.

GM Adam Wrong

Fair enough. Just a very frustrating game to give up with Music City likely going top this week.

So looking at the stats, we are the second worst in the run defence game. Is that because of the purple patches certain players had against us or are we terrible against the run?

Talon

You and I have the same game information to look at there boss, we held 3 teams to under 100 yards this years, does that mean we can stop the run?  that's for you to decide.

GM Adam Wrong

I mean from what you see from coaching our players, are they good enough and are they performing well enough?
Because if not, I should be looking at trade options

Talon

We still have the same linebacker corps. that has a lot of okay players but no real superstars with Diego and Albert being solid enough but our 3rd LB is still just an average replacement.

We lack strength at DE, Seymore of course is a freak, but Eubanks is a speed guy without a real power/run stopping game and those behind him are similarly not run stoppers.

So yeah, we could improve, but I don't know the answers to those problems.

GM Adam Wrong

I will look to see what I can do with regards to the gaps.

Offensively, Tommy's stats aren't lighting us up right now. Would you say Manning is pushing Tommy enough to be considered a chance soon?

Talon

Honestly, I do...  That's a road you can't comeback from though, sending Mazza to the bench would basically bring an end to our time together, I don't think he can be a back up here and I don't know how we go back to him if Manning struggles, without having some resentment to deal with.

GM Adam Wrong

I hope you don't mean our time as in you and me!!!

But I know what you mean. Which makes me think having a pick up game this week with Manning starting at least gives us an option and an outlet. Then maybe for Louisville I approach the subject of letting Manning get some reps in to Tommy and see how he reacts... at the end of the day, we... and in particular in this situation... I have to do what's best for the team so I will take that burden if need be.

Talon

I'll back your play, you GM and I coach.