ATLANTA UNDERGROUND [GM BENNETT]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 10:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Adam Wrong

That's a plan. Do we need to worry about anything from Cleveland that we didn't with Michigan?

Talon

GM Adam Wrong

Nicely done my friend.

I'll let you get back to it.

----

Tommy Mazza please

Tommy, I've taken on board your wants so I've brought in another target who will not only open your options but hopefully elevate the other Receivers

Talon

Griswold is a proven guy, I like it.

GM Adam Wrong

I'm glad your happy man. I'll let you get on with practice.

---

Michael Griswold please

Michael, welcome to Atlanta. I am really glad to have brought you in and be part of an exciting receiving corps.

Talon

Appreciate it!  It feels good to be on a contender again after the last few seasons.

GM Adam Wrong

Big opportunity to make waves here and guide our youngsters. It's good to have you here.

---

OK let's lock it in

Griswold to WR 2 or 3 as per Coach's instruction

Lock in

GM Adam Wrong

SEASON 15 - WEEK 4

1. Discuss your week 4 results

when you take on a team whose QB is having a career defining, record breaking game and you can still keep it close, I can't be too annoyed. While I obviously wanted the win, I have to accept that Fields played a blinder. It was just disappointing that our run defence disappeared for this game.

2. One quarter of the way through the season, has your team played up to expectations?

I'd obviously like to have a winning season so far but we've taken on 4 solid teams and split the results and I can't say fairer than that. To lose out due to a last minute penalty, is heartbreaking though.

3. Do you see yourself attending the HIFL's Offensive Lineman Open House?

With the injury that came through to Prank Sinatra, we may consider it but I'm happy with our depth in general.

4. Discuss any news that interested you, if you had team specific news address it first.

With another injury to Vardy, Charlotte need to seriously be attending the OLine event.

It's also been entertaining to see some of the QBs having breakout seasons. Some hungry young talent out there eager to make waves.

5. Grade your coaching staff so far through the first quarter of the season, have they lived up to your expectations?

I'd give them overall an B+. It's been a solid performance all around with a couple of questionable decisions and options taken, they've still done an amazing job with a still developing team.

6. Discuss your next opponent and game. What is something about that team that you wish you could emulate?

Portland are a team still finding their identity. They've just given themselves a QB dilemma which I certainly don't envy but I do envy their currently healthy tackle options so I will go with that.

Talon

That was uglier than a blind date with the choir leader's daughter..   

GM Adam Wrong

A fucking awful finish but when we let their QB the freedom of the field what can we do?

What went wrong with the run D? It's been solid up until then!

Talon

Most of Fields' damage came on scrambles, we were in pass defense and he just made more plays.. We crushed their traditional run game.

GM Adam Wrong

That's positive and understandable then. Upsetting but understandable

We have been tight with both the run and pass D in terms of yards allowed. Does that go hand in hand with the relatively low number of tackles our Linebackers are making?

Talon

We just spread our tackles across a larger pool of players than other teams from what I've seen.. not sure there is a correlation, but it could be?

GM Adam Wrong

That's fa fair assessment and before we move on to this week, how did Griswold settle in? He didn't get many receptions obviously but does he fit what we are after?

Talon

He brings a great veteran leadership to the WR room, but so far as you've seen he hasn't done much on the field.  hopefully that changes soon.

GM Adam Wrong

Hopefully against Portland we can give Tommy some targets.

They have one of the best running backs that's not named Adrian... or Leroy... or Daniel... we were strong against the run until last week's scrambles denting us. Will Estates be a big issue for our defence?

Talon

He's been averaging nearly 83 yards per game on under 20 touches, he's a thread, but this year he also hasn't found the end zone or broke many long runs, if we can contain him and force them out of run-downs we should be okay.

GM Adam Wrong

Let's hope so.

On your opinion... and this is a loaded question o know, is there an area of the team you would currently improve upon?

Talon

We're still very shallow and weak at Free Safety, that's for sure.

GM Adam Wrong

I agree with that and if I can use a pick or two to upgrade on Hunt I will. He has managed 2 sacks which is great but if I can sort something I will

Any thing else before Portland from you or the coaching team?

Talon

GM Adam Wrong

I'll let you get back to it.

---

It may be painful for him to talk but is Prank Sinatra available please?

Clarence, tough break with the injury man but I just wanted to check in with you. I got you a little get well soon package.

He slides the neatly wrapped package across the table

Talon

CLARENCE MARTIN OPENS THE GIFT AND LOOKS AT IT IN SHOCK, HE TRIES TO SPEAK WITH HIS JAW WIRED SHUT...

Hmmmbrmemmmmer?

HE HOLDS UP A BOX OF WONKA GOBSTOPPER/JAWBREAKERS

GM Adam Wrong

*GM Wrong chuckles as he looks at the gift*

Jaw Breakers! A nice one at least this time!

*Wrong starts belly laughing as Clarence shakes his head*

All jokes aside, I do wish you a speedy recovery and if there's anything you need, just let me know

Talon

CLARENCE GRABS A PEN AND PAPER AND JOTS A QUICK NOTE IN LARGE LETTERS ALONG WITH A SMILEY FACE.

"OF COURSE YOU KNOW THIS MEANS WAR. :) "

GM Adam Wrong

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Now go enjoy soup and let me know if you need anything.

---

Adrian McCaffrey please

Adrian, I just wanted to say well done for the first quarter of the season. Are you enjoying it here in Atlanta?

Talon

It's been great.  It's good to get away from Michigan after all of that drama and distraction... I've been able to focus on football and being the best I can be.

GM Adam Wrong

And you've let your football do the talking and it's been a joy to see.

What I'm hoping is if you continue to be happy here, you'd be happy with me speaking to your representative about making sure you stay here for the long haul

Talon

I pay my agent do handle all that business, so you guys can work it out.  I'm sticking to football, haha.

GM Adam Wrong

Good man!

Take care and good luck against Portland

---

Jonah Bird please,

Rookie! A solid start to your career and you have immediately settled in nicely on our O-Line. How have you found Atlanta so far?

Talon

I miss my teammates in Cincinnati, I can't lie, but it's been an easy transition to the pro game and I feel comfortable here with our coaches and players.

GM Adam Wrong

Well I hope the boys are making you feel comfortable and happy here. My door is always open. I have a tendency to look at the same colleges the following season to enhance team chemistry so if you have any inside track on Cincy teammates I should be keeping an eye on that you know, let me know

Talon

For starters, my guy Kyle Wright is probably the top quarterback in the country, I know everyone loves Jaylon Winston, but Kyle has been straight FIRE.

GM Adam Wrong

That's good to know dude. I'll certainly be keeping an eye on him and the rest of the guys from there.

You look after yourself and remember, my door is always open

Talon

Good chatting with you boss! Take it easy.

GM Adam Wrong

Excellent.

---

So Lynn Skipper will cover Clarence at Right tackle.

The decisions are all down to the coaches.

Let's lock in

GM Adam Wrong

SEASON 15 - WEEK 5

1. Discuss your week 5 results
Naturally delighted to grab a decent win against a solid Portland team. Offensively the plaudits  should be going to a cracking performance by Tommy really grinding those yards out. Defensively, the plaudits obviously are going to Ronnie but a nod towards Matthieu as well. Both brought their A game to the table. Something that will be needed in spades this week.

2. What does your team need most in terms of improvement?
If anything, we certainly need added beef at Free Safety. While we've coped reasonably well, statistically it's not been ideal compared to other teams in the league.

3. Discuss any news that interested you, if you had team specific news address it first.

Another season and another veteran delivering an amazing performance in Sean Johnson. Its a sad state of affairs that you inevitably await the eyebrow raising and questions regarding their resurgence these days rather than just recognise quality.

4. Discuss your next opponent and game. What is your biggest advantage in this contest?

Outside of the division games, this is one of our biggest games of the season. We obviously both have a lot of history from before my tenure and some fans still see the potential for bad blood. You can't deny that they have some of the best players in the league but we aren't the pushover of days gone by. We need to be mindful of another mobile QB on Ortega as we don't want to be punished in the same way that Fields did.

GM Adam Wrong

"Coach, a cracking job well done."

Talon

It doesn't get any easier this week, that's for sure.

GM Adam Wrong

It's gonna be a pig of a game but we aren't the pushover we once were. We need to negate the Ortega issue and I don't mean by putting him in the medical tent...

Is there anything we can do?

Talon

Outside of calling a favor in to Mushy Mushy Manatee? ... kidding, but honestly I don't want to feed you an answer and just be wrong.  Ortega is the riddle we're all trying to solve, so we try to hit him early and often, force some turnovers and limit the big plays, all easier said than done.  We've seen people try to be uber aggressive, we've seen people play completely conservative, it's all a mixed bag, we have to win individual match ups and get to the quarterback.

GM Adam Wrong

Are there any of the guys currently down the pecking order who would potentially match up better with their O-Line?

Talon

No, I don't think so, but it would be a great time for Seymore to have a big breakout game for us.

GM Adam Wrong

I'm hoping so too. On the other side are we happy still with Richard over the slightly bigger Saquan?

Talon

I am, but if you want to make a switch?

GM Adam Wrong

No, no I was just spit-balling a few ideas.

Anything else to discuss about next week?

Talon

GM Adam Wrong

Perfect.

David Seymore please.

David, this is going to be our biggest challenge so far this season. You have been astounding this season and this is the time for your breakout game and to cement your name here in Atlanta against the likes of Ortega and the rest of the Nighthawks.

You ready for this challenge?

Talon

It's always exciting to go at it against Ortega, I'm here.

GM Adam Wrong

I reckon if we get a result out of this, it will be made possible by you negating the threat that is Ortega.

I have every faith in you and the Defensive Unit for delivering. I'll let you get back to it.

Coaches to decide.

Lock in