CANCUN MUTINEERS [GM ELI]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 10:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

GM Eli

"Shakira, would you reach out to Anthony Campanelli for me, please, I'd like to talk to him about WR Lawrence Gordon again."

-----

"Anthony, I'm still interested in bringing Lawrence in here to Cancun. I'll offer him a 3 year deal worth 8 million to make it happen as we start our negotiations again."

Talon

Sorry Paisan, but that's not enough. We're headed for the green pastures of the PFL.

GM Eli

"Sure. Thanks anyway."

-----

"Shakira, would you get Mike Maker on the line for me please, thanks."

-----

"Mike, I know your phone has been busy up till now but I'd like to offer your client WR Rory Dover a 3 year, 7MM contract. Let me know, thanks."

Talon

We just agreed to go to another club, sorry pal.

GM Eli

"Doesn't seem to be my day with free agents. Thanks for answering."

-----

"Shakira, would you get Anthony Campanelli back on the line for me please"

-----

"Anthony, unless I've missed it your client CB Philip Johnson is still available. If that's true I'd like to offer him a 3 year, 6MM deal."

Talon

That's better than the deal we had on the table from Myrtle Beach... who says waiting is the wrong play?!  Fuggettaboutit!

GM Eli

"Thanks, Anthony."

-----

"Shakira, Scott Forrest please"

-----

"Scott, I'd like to offer TE Ryan Smith a 2 year, 3MM contract."

Talon

I'd want at least double that, annually.

GM Eli

"I respect it even if it is too rich for my blood. Thanks, Scott. Pass along my well wishes to Ryan."

-----

"Shakira, Mike Maker please."

-----

"Mike, I'd like to offer TE John Meador a 3 year contract worth 3MM per season."

Talon

You're breaking up, did you say Alfonso Scott?

GM Eli

GM ELI BANGS THE PHONE LOUDLY OFF HIS DESK

"Sorry, Mike. The phones down here in Cancun don't always work well. Can you hear me now?

I said I'd like to offer your client TE John Meador a 3 year deal worth 4.5MM per season."

Talon

GM Eli

"One second Mike.. we'll be in touch in just a moment."

GM ELI HANGS UP BEFORE WALKING OUT TO SPEAK TO HIS SECRETARY

"Shakira, it seems Mike Maker is having a hard time understanding me. I must be coming down with a cold or something as apparently my voice is a little gravely.

Do you think you could give him a call back and let him know we'd like to offer TE John Meador a 4 year, 4.75MM contract. I get the feeling he won't have any issues hearing it if it comes from someone with a voice that's as easy on the ears as yours is."

Talon

GM Eli

"Quite the character. Thanks for trying anyway, Shakira. Would you get me in touch with Amber Molina. I'll take that call in my office."

-----

"Amber, I'd like to bring your client WR Garry Hutcherson in on a 2 year, 2.5MM deal."

Talon

I'd do a year as a prove-it type thing but that's the only way.

GM Eli

"1 year at 2.5MM is fine with me. Thanks, Amber."

-----

"Shakira, Steve Rosenhaus please."

-----

"Steve could we do 2 years at 2MM for TE Bruce Miller? I believe that would double his S15 salary."

Talon

GM Eli

Shakira, Bobby Shapiro please

———

Bobby, I'd like to offer DE Marcus LaRoche the same offer I made earlier in UFA.

3 years, 1.5MM.

GM Eli

Bobby I think I had a stroke or something. I swear I heard you say deal but apparently not.

I've league officed a contract you hadn't agreed to and I'm acknowledging my mistake and see if we can't work out a way to fix this, even if it means me just immediately releasing him.

Talon

...wow.  Let me speak to the league office before I say something we both regret, "pal."

GM Eli

"Of course. Like I said, whatever needs done to make it right by you, I'll work with."

Talon

If you want to sign LaRoche and make things kosher between us, I'm just looking for a 1 year deal for $3MM and we are good.   

The league has their thing to do, but that's not between you and me.

Talon

GM Webber, Kate here from the league office...

We received a contract from your office without the signatures of the other party, and obviously that is not a legal contract.
Assuming you are going to make things right with Mr. LaRoche, the league penalty for this violation is going to be a $1MM fine from your salary and bonus caps for a total of $2MM this season. 

GM Eli

"Thanks, Kate. I've told Bobby we will do right by his client. I appreciate you letting me know."

-----

"Shakira, would you get Bobby back on the line for me, thanks."

-----

"Bobby Like I said before, I want to do what I need to do to make this right by you so let me know how you want to handle this now that the league has figured out things on their end."

Talon

If you want to sign LaRoche and make things kosher between us, I'm just looking for a 1 year deal for $3MM and we are good.   

GM Eli

"Deal. Thanks Bobby, and sorry for the headache to get there."

-----

"Shakira, one last deal should get us across the finish line. Would you call Scott Forrest for me please? Thanks."

-----

"Scott, before you get ready to head off to training camp I'd like to offer your client, WR Sam Crawford, a 2 year deal worth 1.5MM per season."

Talon

We'll take that.

GM Eli

"Thanks, Scott."

-----

"Shakira, do we have anything we need to do for the international guys coming in from Israel for training camp if there are any?"

Talon

Not prior to our lock in, Jefe. We'll be meeting face to face with a rep from the team after training camp.  This year the entire national team will visit during camp for a scrimmage.  Afterwards, we will have a chance to extend IPS offers to them if we are interested in hosting them for the season.

GM Eli

"Perfect. Thanks, Shakira."

GM Eli

MINI-CAMP ASSIGNMENTS GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK

OFFENSE:
RB Jack Ortiz - Strength
OG Gerardo Shrader - Agility
QB Lindsey Archibald - Accuracy
OC Bruce Harris - IQ

DEFENSE:
DT Jim Rosa - IQ
CB Daniel Petersen - Tackling
LB Michael Harris - Tackling
DT Jared Miller - Tackling

STRATEGY GM OR COACHES DECISION ON ANY/ALL

OFFENSE
Attitude: Coaches Decision
Focus: Coaches Decision
Tempo: Coaches Decision
Passing Focus: Coaches Decision
Pass To: Coaches Decision
Primary Receiver: Garry Hutcherson
Third Down Back: Jack Ortiz
Goal Line Back: Leon Bell
Running Focus: Coaches Decision
Running Backs Role: Coaches Decision
Backfield by Committee?: Yes
Tight End Focus: Coaches Decision
QB Tuck and Run: Coaches Decision

DEFENSE
Attitude: Coaches Decision
Focus: Coaches Decision
Primary Coverage: Coaches Decision
D-Line Focus: Coaches Decision
Linebacker Focus: Coaches Decision
Player Radio: Robert Dotson
Match CBs to WRs?: Coaches Decision
Align Man Coverage?: Coaches Decision

SUBSTITUTION LOGIC
Point Margin for Backup Package Leading by 28, Trailing by 35
Sub Package Minimum Energy Coaches Decision
Sub Package Maximum Energy Coaches Decision

END OF GAME SCENARIOS
If Winning Run more
If Losing Pass more

COUNTER STRATEGY (vs. offense gives your defense a boost to stop the selected type; vs. defense gives your offense a boost vs. selected defensive strategy)
Coaches Decision? Yes
vs. Offense Coaches Decision
vs. Defense  Coaches Decision

OFFENSE MASTER DEPTH CHART GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK (You may attach up to 3 additional Copies of this Chart for various "Packages" in your offense, the final package is strictly your back up players for substitutions - this is automatically set by your coaching staff)

PACKAGE NAME: Base Offense

QB- David-Allen Slinger
QB2- Matt Artopoeus
QB3- Lindsey Archibald

RB1- Leon Bell
RB2- Jack Ortiz
RB3- Adrian Peterson

FB- Stephen Treadwell

TE1- Bruce Miller
TE2- Anthony Williams

WR1- Garry Hutcherson
LWR4- James McGee

WR2- Joseph Hickson
WR5- Robert Greene

WR3- Sam Crawford

LT- Agustin Moody
LT2- Louis Duckett
LT3- Bryan Johnson

LG- Gerardo Shrader
LG2- Brady Trujillo

C- Bruce Harris
C2- Stephen Fournier
C3- Jimmy Beebe

RG- William Jordan
RG2- Basil Pemberton

RT- Richard Finn
RT2- Louis Duckett
RT3- Bryan Johnson

DEFENSE MASTER DEPTH CHART GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK (You may attach up to 3 additional Copies of this Chart for various "Packages" in your defense. The final package is strictly your back up players for substitutions - this is automatically set by your coaching staff)

PACKAGE NAME:

DT1- Jim Rosa
DT3- Juan Schultz

DT2- Jared Miller
DT4- Jeramy Ashton

RE1- Douglas Van Horn
RE2- Marcus Laroche
RE3- Andre James

LE1- Will Hargraves
LE2- Marcus LaRoche
LE3- Andre James

MLB1- Junto Saito
MLB2- John Judge
MLB3- Dennis Ricks

ROLB1- Morris Cooper Jr.
ROLB2- William Fulcher

LOLB1- Michael Harris
LOLB2- Jorge Provost

CB1- Leonard Schofield
CB4- Daniel Petersen

CB2- Philip Johnson
CB5- Kurtis Coughlin

CB3- Austin Napier
CB6- Travis Day

FS1- Roger Wolf
FS2- Paul Baptiste

SS1- Robert Dotson
SS2- Richard Collazo
SS3- Gene Jasper

SPECIAL TEAMS MASTER DEPTH CHART GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK

K- Homer Bishop
P- Alberto Sonora

KR1- Austin Napier
KR2- Paul Baptiste
KR3- Travis Day
KR4- Adrian Peterson

PR1- Austin Napier
PR2- Paul Baptiste

PLAY CALLING GM Chooses who calls plays, and assigns desired percentages if not left up to play calling coach

OFFENSE RUN/PASS RATIO

Play Caller: Offensive Coordinator
First and 10 - Coaches Decision
First and Short - Coaches Decision
First and Medium - Coaches Decision
First and Long - Coaches Decision

Second and Short - Coaches Decision
Second and Medium - Coaches Decision
Second and Long - Coaches Decision

Third and Short - Coaches Decision
Third and Medium - Coaches Decision
Third and Long - Coaches Decision

Fourth and Short - Coaches Decision
Fourth and Medium - Coaches Decision
Fourth and Long - Coaches Decision

Goal Line - Coaches Decision

Final 2 mins of half (w/ lead) - Coaches Decision
Final 2 mins of half (trailing) - Coaches Decision

DEFENSE BLITZ RATIO

Play Caller: Head Coach
First and 10 - Coaches Decision
First and Short - Coaches Decision
First and Medium - Coaches Decision
First and Long - Coaches Decision

Second and Short - Coaches Decision
Second and Medium - Coaches Decision
Second and Long - Coaches Decision

Third and Short - Coaches Decision
Third and Medium - Coaches Decision
Third and Long - Coaches Decision

Fourth and Short - Coaches Decision
Fourth and Medium - Coaches Decision
Fourth and Long - Coaches Decision

Goal Line - Coaches Decision

Final 2 mins of half (w/ lead) - Coaches Decision
Final 2 mins of half (trailing) - Coaches Decision

PR CAMPAIGNS  (OPTIONAL)

The Bounty - 1MM
A 24 hour tailgate party that begins the night before home games in the parking lots, on the streets and at the beaches surrounding the Mutineers stadium. This will be more than simply a one time event, but rather an all out effort to attract the fans of the much maligned Cancun Kraken to buy into the rebranded team, the Cancun Mutineers. The organization will reach out to local vendors to encourage them to keep the doors to their establishments open all night long and into the next day as well with the goal being to have as rowdy and raucous a fan base as possible in and around the stadium when kickoff happens.

MUSICAL LICENSES (GM MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK)

1. Sea Shanty Medley - Home Free - https://youtu.be/lLGLUSzzuWU
In the moments before kickoff this song will play to try and get the crowd singing along and hyped up. We all know that people who have been imbibing various spirits love to sing, even if it's not all that coherent.

2. The Sound of Sails - Bear McCreary - https://youtu.be/gwIRzgbe2jo?t=74
Plays after a victory while the black flag is raised high above the seats just behind the home endzone.

COIN TOSS PREFERENCE

Tails
Defer

L O C K I N

Talon

Hola Jefe, here is our report coming out of training camp!

GM Eli

"Thanks Shakira. Would you get Coach Rhodes for me? Thanks."

-----

"Coach Rhodes, thanks for the report coming out of camp. I'm not too worried about where guys are at just yet in their development. Just want to make sure they keep working hard and getting after it so that they do reach the potential we believe they have.

That said, would you mind giving me a break down of how our position battles went?"

Talon

I sent you over who we felt won each battle.. particular stand outs there were Slinger and Miller. Both looked primed to show they are taking that next-step in week one.

GM Eli

"I'm glad to hear David is making the most of the opportunities given to him. Regarding our depth chart and the two guys you noted as being behind where we might expect a first round draft pick would be, is it just that our scouting on them wasn't as accurate as we might have hoped? I just want to make sure we're giving these guys every opportunity to become the caliber of player we believe they can be.

I guess more importantly is whether or not we'll hinder the development of Michael Harris and Gerardo Shrader if we put them out there as starters this season."

Talon

We are just loaded at linebacker.  Harris is our lowest graded linebacker but he is still very much worth the slot he was drafted.   He also has the upside that guys like Ricks, Provost, and Judge don't have.

I think he should get playing time, I just don't think he can start for us right out of the gate.

As for Shrader he CAN start over Trujillo and it would benefit him to do so, but especially in the run game, Trujillo was just better at this stage, Shrader is possibly our best pass blocking guard already, so getting more reps will only help him.

GM Eli

"I'll circle back to Mike in a second. If we're thinking long term rather than who might be the best options in the immediate on the offensive line, would we be doing ourselves a favor to start Shrader AND Trujillo at guard and stick with Bruce at center? I know Fournier has some talent but he's also a guy that seems like he's never quite reached the heights that might have been expected of him.

I know chemistry is a big deal with linemen and I'd like this year to be devoted to trying to harness that as much as possible."

Talon

I think Trujillo and Shrader as our starting guards makes sense, at center it just depends on what you want there.  Fournier is an amazing run blocker but only average in pass protection where Harris shows solid pass protection and average run blocking right now and he is our weakest in the strength department of our three centers; Fournier also has a much better feel for the game with his experience, but if you are comfortable with Harris learning on the job, then if he's our long term pick we should go ahead and play him I suppose.

GM Eli

"If you don't think Harris is ready I'm okay with that. It's sort of a combination of wanting to give our guys the most opportunity to improve and reach the levels we believe they can while also not getting our quarterback killed.

I'll think on that one some. Do we need to adjust our depth chart at tackle? That's a position we didn't really address this offseason outside of a trade for Finn and I think he's the best choice at right tackle, but are we good at left tackle given what we've got in the building?"

Talon

Duckett is definitely built like a right tackle.  I think we might be better flipping Finn to left until we find a true left tackle because he's a much better pass blocker than a run blocker, the opposite of Duckett.

GM Eli

"Alright. I'll note those changes and I think we will go with Fournier at center and just keep working on getting Bruce to where he needs to be. Seems the right thing to do given he actually won the position battle and it feels like it would send mixed signals to the boys if we turned and went in a different direction after he earned the opportunity.

Last question before I get us rolling for the week. Is there anyone on the squad that you think would fill a mentor roll well for any of our young guys? Anyone who wants to take on that kind of responsibility?"

Talon

We don't have a lot of salty veterans but Crawford, Napier, and William Jordan are all capable if we want them to take someone under their wing.

GM Eli

"Good deal, Coach. Let's have William Jordan work with Gerardo. Sam Crawford can work with James McGee. And we'll leave it at that.

I know I said last question but I did have one other thing I just remembered. I know in previous seasons we've been able to assign the coordinators and head coach a single player who gets a little bit of extra focus training wise throughout the season. Is that still a thing we can do?"

Talon

GM Eli

"Good. Looking forward to seeing the boys compete this week. Good luck, Coach."

-----

Set WR James McGee to WR3
Set WR Sam Crawford to WR4
Set OT Richard Finn to LT1
Set OT Louis Duckett to RT1
Set OG Brady Trujillo to LG1
Set OG Gerardo Shrader to RG1
Set OC Stephen Fournier to OC1
Set OC Bruce Harris to OC2
Set DT Jared Miller to DT1
Set DT Jim Rosa to DT2
Set LB John Judge to LB3
Set LB William Fulcher to LB4
Set LB Michael Harris to LB5
Set CB Philip Johnson to CB1
Set CB Leonard Schofield to CB2
Set CB Daniel Petersen to CB3
Set CB Austin Napier to CB4

Set WR Sam Crawford to mentor WR James McGee
Set OG William Jordan to mentor OG Gerardo Shrader
Set CB Austin Napier to mentor CB Daniel Petersen

Set HC Jackson Rhodes to provide specialized training for LB Michael Harris
Set OC Brandon Reno to provide specialized training for QB David-Allen Slinger
Set DC Liam McKenna to provide specialized training for DT Jim Rosa

L O C K I N

Talon

WEEK 1 PRESS QUESTIONS

1. Discuss your performance and result for week 1. What were some sustains, and what were some improvements going into week 2?

2. Ryan Hallquist had a huge debut in the Bay this weekend, afterwards he commented on the GM experiences he's had in the past in the HIFL, what did you make of those comments?

3. Coming out of training camp and now seeing the team in week 1, what should fans expect to see this year from your club?

4. Did any news catch your eye this week?

5. Discuss your next opponent and game.

GM Eli

"Warm enough for everyone this week? Man, I'll tell you Cancun is a beautiful place but it gets HOT here. Lets talk football though, shall we?"

Discuss your performance and result for week 1. What were some sustains, and what were some improvements going into week 2?

"Obviously we want to win and that is the standard that we will always ultimately measure our performances by. So in that regard, it was a disappointing debut and one that the fans are, unfortunately, accustomed to. But I think there were some glimpses of hope as well. I felt like our defense really did a nice job keeping us in the game and so that's something we definitely want to sustain going forward. But we need to improve our protection of our Quarterback. Seven sacks isn't ever going to be an acceptable number and we've invested a lot in our offensive line, especially on the interior. As a unit, they need to play better. Stephen Fournier put in a nice effort but it's obviously going to be overshadowed by David getting sacked, and pressured, as often as he did."

Ryan Hallquist had a huge debut in the Bay this weekend, afterwards he commented on the GM experiences he's had in the past in the HIFL, what did you make of those comments?

"Well, number one Ryan is absolutely entitled to feel how he feels based off of his own experiences. If he's using those things he mentioned, especially what went on with us in the draft process when I was in St. Paul, as a chip on his shoulder and it's fueling him to better and better performances than all the credit in the world to him for taking an unfortunate situation and turning it into a positive.

Do I regret the way things went? At the end of the day, no. In this league things change quickly and you have to be ready to adapt to new circumstances. At the end of the day the decision I made lead to an organization that had been left for dead in the North East being resurrected, and the foundation being laid for them to become the team they are today."

Coming out of training camp and now seeing the team in week 1, what should fans expect to see this year from your club?

"This is a fanbase that, from its inception, has been asked to be patient. They've been told to trust the process. And at the end of the day that trust hasn't been repaid. So I'm not going to ask them for any of that. What I will tell them they can expect is growth, and a team that isn't going to allow themselves to be pushed around. We're going to be a team, regardless of what our record is at the end of the day, that makes our opponents work for every single yard. Above all else, what I promise our fans is that this team is not going to be the punchline to every joke around the league anymore."

Did any news catch your eye this week?

"The first news story that did catch my eye this week was regarding Elijah Peppers impending decision regarding the potential for him to declare for the draft. No doubt there are many GM's, myself included, waiting with baited breath to see if this will be the year he makes his way to the High Impact Football League.

Unfortunate injury to Paul Reed. I know that Bruce is likely still crying into his beer after getting the news. Hopefully the kid is able to rehab and get back to full health sooner rather than later."

Discuss your next opponent and game.

"You know the last time I was part of a team that faced the Cobras we all got to witness one of the eight craziest playoff games that we've ever seen. The Cobras present an entirely different challenge for us than Amsterdam did. They've got a tremendous stable of Wide Receivers and a talented QB who seems to have found his comfort zone in the offense they're running there. Pair that with maybe the best defensive backfield in all of professional football, and I anticipate this being another opportunity for growth and development. We just need to build off the things we did well in week 1 and correct a few things. If we can achieve that we'll put ourselves in a good position for success."

Talon

Obviously room for improvement, but we got to see some of our players for the first time and I was impressed with some of them, especially Saito.