CHARLOTTE CROWS [VACANT / CPU]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 10:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

] You know GM Kirk, we had our issues years ago, but I appreciate your honesty and your decision to be straight forward about things.   Its a quality some of your colleagues lack.

No hard feelings this time, thanks for giving Sam a chance to find a better fit going forward.

GM Kirk

Hopefully not in my division. I'll let you get on with your huge list of calls. Thanks, Amber.

Talon

Gracias.

GM Kirk

Ms. Mormont, we're done with re-signings. I saw a rule saying tendered players are immediately free to negotiate with other teams, but I'm guessing the league wants us to wait a little longer before doing that?

Talon

I do believe we can pursue tendered RFA's right now, sir!

GM Kirk

Ms. Mormont, can we spend offseason money on additional training camps? I'd like to run a RB camp like we did with that ungrateful bastard Sumner and an o-line clinic. If not, I guess we'll go to the combine. I'd rather develop the talent we have, though.

Talon

Certainly, we can do that.

Talon

Hi there, I have us with $40MM and $1MM in bonus heading into UFA.

GM Kirk

I have us with 37+1 and I really can't see where the difference has come from. I'll try to send you a copy of my sheet so you can compare with yours.

Talon

I see we didn't have Pulley on my books; we also have a different salary figure for James Poe. You have him at 2 years at 8MM and I had him at 1 year at $10MM per this:

QuoteVancouver restructures T James Poe deal. Vancouver will transfer 1 mil BP into James Poe cash payments making James Poe salary for the upcoming season 8 Mil. Starting next season James Poe will make 10 mil for the remainder of his contract.

So now I have us with $35MM and 1MM bonus.

GM Kirk

Ms. Mormont, can you get Steve Rosenhaus on the line for me, please?
---
Steve, I'm calling about Benjamin Carter. I want him to stay in Charlotte and move back to DT. I need a DT who can get penetration to partner the man mountain that is Darren Glaze. With Glaze next to him and experienced guys like Oakman, Pulley and Gossett also on the line, Benjamin will finally have the chance to break out and show his worth. He's shown flashes of talent so let's keep him here with a great coaching staff and potential mentors all round him. I can do a 1 year, $3million deal while the cap is fixed and then he'll be poised to get paid once the new cap comes in. Take a starting role here on an admittedly team friendly contract and cash in once he soars as a Crow.

Talon

GM Kirk

Thanks, Steve.
---
Ms. Mormont, I need Anthony Campanelli please.
---
Anthony, I'd like to bring back Leslie Gossett (G) for 1 year, $1million. Or did you ever play o-line? I hear you agents are stepping on the field this year. That's just a joke, Leslie's the guy I want. He'll play backup for Hill and Bear this season.

Talon

HAHA! I'll leave the playin' to my son, Anthony Junior! 

Fuggettaboutit, you gotta deal.

GM Kirk

Cheers, Anthony.
---
Ms. Mormont, I'd like to speak to Scott Forrest please.
---
Mr. Forrest, I'd like to sign Aaron Harris (LB) for 1 year $3million. I'd prefer a longer deal, but I don't want to complicate things with options and incentives at this point in the offseason. Let's see how he goes and he'll be free to sign a bigger deal when our cap probably doubles next season.

Talon

We'd do $3MM for 2 years, actually.

GM Kirk

That's perfect. Thanks.

GM Kirk

Ms. Mormont, I'd like to speak to Bobby Shapiro.
---
Bobby, it's that time of year again: I'd like to offer Michael Thurston (SS) another $1milllion contract. This time, I'll make it a little different and offer him a contract for 5 years, $1million with a player option at the end of each season. I'll FG it after year one so he gets rewarded for his service to us even if he chooses to retire after a couple of years.

Talon

GM Kirk

Cheers, Bobby.
---
Ms. Mormont, could you get in contact with whoever is repping the UDFAs and offer Carlos Rice (C) a 1 year, $350k deal?

Talon

GM Kirk

While we're on UDFAs, can you try Christoper Windham (WR) 1 year, $350k?

Talon

GM Kirk

Cheers, Bobby.
---
Ms. Mormont, let's try one more UDFA. Troy Jones (LB) 1 year, $350k.

Talon

GM Kirk

Ms. Mormont, let's get Drew Leventhal on the line.
---
Drew, I'm looking to sign Cameron Casey (DE) for 2 years, $2million.

Talon

GM Kirk

Great. Thanks Drew.
---
Ms. Mormont, let's try another UDFA. Joseph Newsome (CB) for 1 year, $350k

Talon

GM Kirk

Ms. Mormont, let's try finish this up with two of Bobby Shapiro's clients.
---
Bobby, I have $3million left and I'd like to split it between two of your guys. I'd like a reunion with Christopher Glenn (FS) for 1 year $1.5million and I will offer a contract to Richard Berry (TE) for 1 year, $1.5million.

Talon

Berry just signed with Dallas, but Glenn is game to sign.

GM Kirk

Bollocks. Berry looked like a real useful player. Glad to sign Glenn again, though. Cheers, Bobby.
---
Ms. Mormont, let's talk to Mike Maker.
---
Mike, I'd like to add some experience to help guide the kids I've got at TE. I can offer contract to Alexander Massie (TE) for 1 year $1million.

GM Kirk

And Mike, I just saw the news about Ian McIntyre. I'm devestated. You know I love my guys from the UK camp. When I got him from Cancun, it wasn't a sign and trade. I wanted a deep threat and Ian was a player I knew I could rely on. But the moment the paperwork went through, GM Gates was on the phone, asking me to trade him to Miami. I thought it would be a step up to a championship team and a trustworthy GM who was desperate to have him. If I'd known he'd be traded again I never would have agreed to a deal. I am furious with those GMs... and myself for having a role in bouncing Ian around the league. I really thought he was a top target for Gates and would have a chance to chase a ring in Miami. I'm sorry, Mike.

Talon

He was in a bad way... poor guy, we had just spoke about things, after flying to each of his new cities as soon as he was traded he had held up in case it happened one last time, he even had offers to join the PFL but didn't take it because the HIFL gave him his first chance to play out of the Academy... then he finally books his flight and the news broke..

I'm not happy, I'm going to spearhead a push to end the amnesty this off-season and I'll support any GM rep candidate who pushes for it as well.  This has to stop.

113 plays have been amnestied and when its something like this, it is not in the spirit of the "rule."   

...anyways, Massie will sign, no problem.  Thanks for giving me a chance to vent.

GM Kirk

I'm not sure I can be your man for that campaign as I've probably used the amnesty more than most, but I agree that change is necessary. You'll have my support, even if I can't be the one pushing it through. Thanks, Mike. Good talk.
---
Ms. Mormont, with that I have us with a full roster. Unfortunately, I've also noticed a typo on my spreadsheet that puts us a good chunk over cap. I'm going to have a big whisky while I panic for a moment over how fucked I am, and then I'll get to work fixing it. Bugger.

GM Kirk

Let's try not cutting anyone. Ask Fabian Vardy to talk to me about his contract.
---
Fabian, I come hat in hand. I made a clerical error which puts us $1.1million over cap. I don't want to cut anyone this late in the offseason, so I am coming to you with a new contract offer.

3 years:
Year 1 - $13.9 million and $1million bonus for every 15 TDs (paid in the offseason).
Years 2&3 - $20million per year. (player option)

I think the incentive this year will make sure you more than make up for the money I'm asking you to sacrifice in basic salary, but then I wanted to show my commitment to you. You're an elite QB, so let's get you paid like one. If the team I've built around you sucks again, you can pull the emergency release and find a top team in the next offseason, although I hope you'll continue our partnership.

Talon

You've never done wrong by me, I'll take the cut and show this team what a real leader does to help get to that next level.

GM Kirk

Cheers, Fabian. Like you said, you're a real leader.
---
Ms. Mormont, once that's sent to the LO, I think we're finally done and within cap. I have us with 0 salary and $750k bonus and a full roster. Please tell me I'm right.

Talon

Perfectly in sync, sir.

GM Kirk

MINI-CAMP ASSIGNMENTS
OFFENSE:
1. Todd Crenshaw - Strength
2. Clifford Hanson - Strength
3. Robert Hendon - Conditioning
4. Robert Hendon - IQ

DEFENSE:
1. Benjamin Carter - Position training
2. David Searcy- Strength
3. David Searcy - Conditioning
4.David Southerland - Tackling

STRATEGY

OFFENSE
Attitude: Balanced
Focus: Balanced
Tempo: Normal
Passing Focus: Long
Pass To: Balanced
Primary Receiver: Christopher Boatwright
Third Down Back: None
Goal Line Back: None
Running Focus: Outside
Running Backs Role: Balanced
Backfield by Committee?: Yes
Tight End Focus: Blocking
QB Tuck and Run: Rare

DEFENSE
Attitude: Aggressive
Focus: Balanced
Primary Coverage:Not Set
D-Line Focus: Balanced
Linebacker Focus: Balanced
Player Radio: Bryce Brito
Match CBs to WRs?: No
Align Man Coverage?: None

SUBSTITUTION LOGIC
Point Margin for Backup Package You Coach, I GM (Coach's decision)
Sub Package Minimum Energy Coaches' decision
Sub Package Maximum Energy Coaches' decision

END OF GAME SCENARIOS
If Winning None
If Losing Pass More

COUNTER STRATEGY (vs. offense gives your defense a boost to stop the selected type; vs. defense gives your offense a boost vs. selected defensive strategy)
Coaches Decision? Yes
vs. Offense Coaches' Decision
vs. Defense Coaches' Decision

OFFENSE MASTER DEPTH CHART
PACKAGE NAME: Master

QB- Fabian Vardy
QB2- Allen Porter
QB3- David George

RB1- Jeff Carmona
RB2- Todd Crenshaw
RB3- Arnoldo Hammond

FB- Mathias Fuscher

TE1- Alexander Massie
TE2- Brian Johns
TE3- Marvin Sturdivant

WR1- Christopher Boatwright
LWR4- Wayne Hodge

WR2- Andres Henry
WR5- Randall St. Felix

WR3- Clifford Hanson

WR6- Christopher Windham
WR7- Michael Foster

LT- Mania Faamoana
LT2- James Poe

LG- David Hill
LG2- John Bear

C- Harold Branham
C2- Douglas McFadden
C3 Carlos Rice

RG- John Bear
RG2- Leslie Gossett

RT- James Poe
RT2- Robert Hendon

DEFENSE MASTER DEPTH CHART
PACKAGE NAME: Master

DT1- Darren Glaze
DT3- Richard Campos

DT2- Benjamin Carter
DT4- David Gay

RE1- Shawn Oakman
RE2- Dale Pulley

LE1- Daniel Gossett
LE2- Cameron Casey

MLB1- Jeremiah Cotter
MLB2- Aaron Harris

ROLB1- Keith Montoya
ROLB2- Kenneth Gamboa

LOLB1- Bryce Brito
LOLB2- Troy Jones

CB1- Lucky Jones
CB4- Rickey Jackson

CB2- David Southerland
CB5- Joseph Newsome

CB3- J'von Carnival

FS1- Mandla Mkhwanazi
FS2- Christopher Glenn
FS3- David Searcy

SS1- Dan Briggs
SS2- Michael Thurston
SS3- William Ralston

PACKAGE NAME: 4-3

DT1- Darren Glaze
DT2- Benjamin Carter

RE1- Shawn Oakman
LE1- Daniel Gossett

SAM- Bryce Brito
MIKE- Jeremiah Cotter
WILL- Keith Montoya

CB1- Lucky Jones
CB2- David Southerland

FS1- Mandla Mkhwanazi
SS1- Dan Briggs

PACKAGE NAME: 3-4

NT- Darren Glaze
RE1- Shawn Oakman
LE1- Dale Pulley

LOLB1- Jeremiah Cotter
ILB1- Bryce Brito
ILB2- Keith Montoya
ROLB1- Aaron Harris

CB1- Lucky Jones
CB2- David Southerland

FS1- Mandla Mkhwanazi
SS1- Dan Briggs

PACKAGE NAME: Nickle

DT1- Darren Glaze
DT2- Benjamin Carter

RE1- Shawn Oakman
LE1- Daniel Gossett

LB1- Bryce Brito
LB2- Keith Montoya

CB1- Lucky Jones
CB2- David Southerland
CB3- J'von Carnival

FS1- Mandla Mkhwanazi
SS1- Dan Briggs

SPECIAL TEAMS MASTER DEPTH CHART

K- Jack Williams
P- Steve Leavitt

KR1- Todd Crenshaw
KR2- J'von Carnival
KR3- Lucky Jones
KR4-  Arnoldo Hammond

PR1- Todd Crenshaw
PR2- J'von Carnival

PLAY CALLING

OFFENSE RUN/PASS RATIO 50/50

Play Caller: Head Coach
All Coach's Decision.

DEFENSE BLITZ RATIO Coaches' Decision

Play Caller: Defensive Coordinator
All Coach's Decision

MUSICAL LICENSES

1. (Blame It on the Boom Boom) (Black Stone Cherry)
Played after every sack by the home team

2. (Let's Go Crazy) (Prince)
Played from the first chorus after every Charlotte TD

COIN TOSS PREFERENCE

Heads
Defer

Talon

Both the Owner and our coaching staff will be available to discuss anything, until then here is our camp report.

GM Kirk

Coach, I am very concerned. I look at the camp report and I don't see any progress. That's particularly worrisome considering we ran two additional camps for the RBs and o-line to seemingly no benefit. Have you got some rays of hope for me?

Talon

Don't let star ratings get in the way.  Lets see how the chaps perform on the pitch.  The running backs all made gains and the guards especially saw some good gains from their extra camp work. 

As for things like Boatwright and some of the others "star ratings"  the scales shifted slightly so they didn't regress it's just that the bar was raised for those grades.  I think we'll see our receivers play well, St. Felix and Henry both look faster than a year ago, which boats well for their style of play.

GM Kirk

I understand your point about the star ratings. I've never taken them seriously on their own, but I do watch how they move. More important for the immediate future is the camp report. Seeing Faamoana, Glaze and Oakman all taking steps backwards is not ideal. Still our starters in their positions? And who starts at T? Hendon had another good camp, but he always has good camps.

Talon

Oakman had the biggest regression of the bunch but Faamoana's was minimal.  He is still our best option opposite Hendon I believe, but one concept to consider if we want to bolster our pass protection would be to start Faamoana at guard and play John Bear at tackle.  He is a far better pass protector and equally talented in the run department.

GM Kirk

Would they require position training for that? The general job is the same, but the specific roles are very different between guard and tackle.

Talon

Require, no.   It wouldn't hurt to have it though.

GM Kirk

I'll check the rules and get that done, if we can afford it. Let's talk defence. Any changes you would suggest from the depth charts I gave you?

Talon

I think our depth chart is correct.  You could argue for swapping Cotter and Brito, but its not really a big change.

GM Kirk

I do like the Brito in the middle, but I had them set up based on how their stats match my understanding of the roles. I'm not wedded to it, so we can make that switch. I think that's it for the camp questions. I'll have a meeting with all the coaches now. Call them in for me, please.
---
Coaches, welcome to the Crows. A lot of familiar faces amongst you and some old friends I am delighted to be working with again. I think we have a great group and that we can achieve our goals together. That all starts with a big opening game. The owner always wants to win the games against Atlanta, so let's make sure the lads are ready to start strong from the very first kick. Does anyone have anything to report from their specific coaching area, or are we ready to go?