DETROIT FURY [GM RINALDI]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 10:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Fosters

Much obliged Mr Campenelli, enjoy your meat!

———————

Carly can you get me Coach Vol again please?

———————

Coach Vol, I've had to give up a few of our older lads to being in Depth.

I've brought in DT Tyrell Longoria, who will slot right into our starting line up.

In terms of our O-Line woes,  I had scouting on G James Jones who's position strengths were run blocking, endurance and pass blocking. I unfortunately couldn't scout any other players due to having run out of funds. But I've brought in Jeff Crouse from PH (G) and Jeffrey Harrington (Free agent C) on a bit of a hunch.

Any ideas on who you'd rather start at RG out of Crouse or Jones? Then same question with Centre and Harrington or McFadden?

Talon

I'd go with Jones at Guard.  I don't think Harrington will be starting for us or anyone else any time soon.

GM Fosters

Cheers Coach. Oh heck, I've just seen the news headline! I'll get on to sort another guy out.

Leave it with me!

—————

Carly- Anthony Campenelli again please.

—————

Mr Campenelli, terrible business finding out about Jeffrey Harringtons manky foot but I hope he receives the medical attention he needs and recovers soon. Can I ask if your other client, Michael Arnold (C) fancies a gig for the same deal? 1mm for the rest of the year?

Talon

I hope that slimy fanculo didn't have his disgusting feet near my Gabagool! .... oh Jesus, I think I'm gona be sick.

Yeah.. yeah, you got your deal.. I gotta go---

THE SOUND OF DRY HEAVING IS HEARD BEFORE THE PHONE GOES DEAD.

GM Fosters

Cheers Mr Campenelli... hope you feel better soon...

———
Carly- is Coach Vol still there?

———
Coach- I've signed Michael Arnold C... he's got a lot of experience but not sure how much he's played recently. Reckon he's a better bet to start ahead of McFadden?

Talon

I'd trust him in a pinch, but I'd start McFadden.

GM Fosters

I've updated the depth chart, is this how you'd have it?

OFFENCE MASTER DEPTH CHART

PACKAGE NAME: BASE

QB- Derek Rogers
QB2- Ross Baker
QB3- John Carr

RB1- Ezekiel Elliott (Power)
RB2- William Harris (Speed)
RB3- Angel Toler (not to feature in the committee)

TE1- Greg Sprouse
TE2- Richard Mead

WR1- Colt Soriano
WR4- Blake Payne

WR2- Leonard McCrary
WR5- Jesus Williams

WR3- Scotty Gorham
WR6- Lamar Park

LT- Mats LidstrOm
LT2- Cain Rose
LT3- John Boss

LG- Elliott Wellman
LG2- Jeff Crouse

C1- Douglass McFadden
C2- Michael Arnold

RG- James Jones
RG2- Jeff Crouse

RT- Cain Rose
RT2- John Boss
RT3-
RT4-

DEFENSE MASTER DEPTH CHART

PACKAGE NAME: BASE

LDT1- Paul Reed
LDT2- Tyrell Longoria
LDT3- Ricky Vega
LDT4- Drew Dugas

RDT1- Tyrell Longoria
RDT2- Ricky Vega
RDT2- Drew Dugas

RE1- Sigmund Burrell
RE2- Douglas Dickerson
RE3- Carl Bryson
RE4-

LE1- Douglas Dickerson
LE2- Carl Bryson
LE3-

MLB1- Dennis Hatley
MLB2- Tui Lotulueli
MLB3- Michael Parker
MLB4- Bobby Hudson

LOLB1- Tui Lotulueli
LOLB2- Michael Parker
LOLB3- Bobby Hudson
LOLB4- Arthur Ocasio
LOLB5- Guillermo Angel

ROLB1- Michael Parker
ROLB2- Bobby Hudson
ROLB3- Arthur Ocasio
ROLB4- Guillermo Angel
ROLB5-

CB1- Matthew Hines
CB2- Herman Schiller
CB3- Brian Wong
CB4- Steven Cuevas

CB2- Herman Schiller
CB3- Brian Wong
CB4- Steven Cuevas
CB5- Richard Wood

CB3- Brian Wong
CB4- Steven Cuevas
CB5- Richard Wood

FS1- Michael Turpin
FS2- Ralph Slaughter
FS3- Leopoldo Hamilton

SS1- Steven Pickens
SS2- Leopoldo Hamilton
SS3- Ralph Slaughter

To be used on 33% of snaps when Coach Vol deems it appropriate

LDE- Paul Reed
LDT- Tyrell Longoria
RDT- Douglas Dickerson
RDE- Sigmund Burrell

Talon

GM Fosters

Lovely stuff, lets lock in for Longbeach

GM Fosters

SEASON 15 - WEEK 9

1. Discuss your weeks results (if you won, who deserves a game ball for their efforts?) (if you lost, who needs to step up to prevent another loss?) (if you had a bye-week, discuss what piece of news was most surprising to you)

We narrowly lost to a decent Longbeach side. To say that we nearly took them to overtime, with all the injuries we are carrying is testament to the heart of these lads on the roster. Matthew Hines played an absolute blinder and was very deserving of his defensive player of the game award. 2 interceptions, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery kept us in the game! That coupled with a great rushing performance from Zeke with his two touchdowns was a stellar performance also.

There are a few questions raised about our defence that I want to raise with our coaching staff, but I'll be doing that behind closed doors.

2. Discuss any news that interested you, what do you make of the recent GM moves around the league? (Cover your news first; then move on)

Zeke is having his best year that I can remember from recent years. I'm very happy that he's a Monster and I am not actively looking to trade him, especially not when he's averaging 100 rushing yards a game! That being said if he wants to be traded to a team chasing an impact bowl this year I will listen to offers for him.

Interesting to see GM Gooch traded to Louisville... not had a great start in  Seattle... but I can't reallly talk about being traded by franchises... people in glass houses and all that... but what is the record for the shortest tenure at a team before being traded away?

I'm not surprised GM Cure got fired... I've not seen many of his press conferences but I've seen some odd looking trades get announced recently. He's a lovely bloke mine you and wish him the best with his future. He bailed me out of a sticky situation when I did an oopsie and found myself in cap hell in RC.

3. Rate your teams activity level this week when it comes to the Trade deadline, should fans have their notifications on for a big deal, or is it likely to be quiet?

I think we've exhausted most of the pieces I'm willing to let go... I don't have very many picks left for this year and I don't have the green light to trade any beyond that. There may be the odd talented guy I'll try and bring in though if I can...

4. How safe do you feel you are right now, is your job secure?

I think I'm in an ok ish position. There are definitely guys that are in hotter water... I reckon they're sweating like gypsy with a mortgage, like a bag of cats at a greyhound meet. I'm hoping we'll be at least 0.5 for wins at 8-8  by the end of the year and then build on that for next year. I'd love to be chasing a wildcard for the playoffs this year but it's a tough division and a tough conference... so we'll see!

5. Discuss your next opponent and game. What is your biggest advantage in this contest? (if you have a bye week, discuss what you hope to achieve this week)

I like GM Kirk... he's a decent GM that doesn't beat around the bush and calls a spade a spade. His Head Coach has got his noggin screwed on right too, he's a smart dingo, his comments in the press about it all depending on which Charlotte team turns up on game day is spot on in my mind.

Whatever happens we'll need to be on top of our game to get us a few  Meat Pies and bring home the W. I'm hoping our boys Burrell and Reedo can get after Vardy!

————————————

Carly can I just check that were on the same  page in terms of our finances?

Talon

280K in salary and 440K in bonus money, boss.

GM Fosters

Lovely. Thanks Carly! Can you send in Coach Vol when he's ready?

———-

Coach, that's as a close game! What happen defensively- I saw with Reed he didn't register a stat at all- did he get completely nullified by long beach? Burrell managed to get on the box score but didn't get any stats- that's unusual too!

Talon

Yeah the box score thing was weird, but as for Reed, he was just erased by Neill and the rest of that line.

GM Fosters

Damn! What's the thing we need to work on most with Reed in the off season to take him to the next level?

Talon

His IQ, Tackling, and Agility all need to continue improving to become the elite player we see him becoming.

GM Fosters

Gotcha! Will keep working on those.

What do you think our squad needs both short term and beyond for next season? We play Charlotte next and think that our lads have enough to get the win... it's tough because it's a real long shot to get to the playoffs this year. But we've also got next to no draft capital.

Talon

Astonishing we can have no draft capital and also not be in contention.  ...those types of things cost people their jobs.

GM Fosters

We're skating on thin ice... and could really do with a win against Charlotte... how do you think we match up against them?

Talon

We know the key to beating them is sacking Vardy, and their line can make swiss cheese look solid; so we attack and get after them, we have a shot to send GM Kirk into a rant at his presser.

GM Fosters

How do we get the best out of our D-Line, get them riled up and increase the aggression? Or do we make any tweaks at all?

Currently our standard package should be:

LDE Burrell
LDT Reed
RDT Longoria
RDE Douglas Dickerson

With our special package getting Reed on the edge being:

LDE Reed
LDT Dickerson
RDT Longoria
RDE Burrell

Would you change anything with these to try and get Vardy on his arse more often?

Talon

No, I think that is our best bet.

GM Fosters

Ok coach, I'll let you get back to training!

—————

Derek Rogers please.

Hey Rogo, how's it going? I'm pleased with how you've settled in and taken to your rookie year as our franchise quarterback? I've done my best to try not to dick about with our offense too much to let you get settled and build chemistry. But it's unfortunate that we've been plagued with so many injuries. How are you feeling about our offense this year and going forward?

Talon

I'm pleasantly optimistic about our offense going forward boss.

GM Fosters

Good I'm glad to hear it. Which of the receiving corps are you clicking with best?

Talon

I think Colt and I are doing best as a pair, he's getting close to 80 yards a game I think and nearly a touchdown per contest.

GM Fosters

Good stuff! Let's hope you guys smash it this week against Charlotte! We could really do to build some momentum and make a late run.

———————

Paul Reed, Douglas Dickerson, Sigmund Burrell and Tyrell Longoria pleas.

Hooroo chaps! Big game this week... Charlotte only go well when their QB is going well... their o-line is dog shit so I want you boys putting Vardy on his arse more times than he's been put down before. It's the key to us winning this game and I have every faith in you lads. It's sack city time! How are you boys feeling about the challenge?

Talon

GM Fosters

Go get em lads.

—————

Bobby Hudson please,

Bobby I hope you're settling in well. You've made a good start to your HIFL career. How are you finding learning from Hatley, Parker and Tui? How do you feel you are developing under Coach Hunter's  guidance?

Talon

It's going great, I think the future looks bright!

GM Fosters

Great stuff, I'll let you get back to training, best of luck against Charlotte, go smash em.

—————

Anderson Smith please.

Hi Anderson, I'm going to give William Harris and Scotty Gorham some positional training, do you think it would be a benefit to them? I know it's mentioned that Scotty could do with some.

Talon

GM Fosters

Depth chart updates:

CB1- Matthew Hines
CB2- Herman Schiller
CB3- Steven Cuevas

CB2- Herman Schiller
CB3- Steven Cuevas
CB4- Richard Wood

CB3- Steven Cuevas
CB4- Richard Wood

To be used on 33% of snaps when Coach Vol deems it appropriate

LDE- Paul Reed
LDT- Douglas Dickerson
RDT- Tyrell Longoria
RDE- Sigmund Burrell

All other changes to be Coach Vol's decision.

Let's get after putting Vardy on his arse!

Lock in for Charlotte

GM Fosters

SEASON 15 - WEEK 10

1. Discuss your weeks results (if you won, who deserves a game ball for their efforts?) (if you lost, who needs to step up to prevent another loss?) (if you had a bye-week, discuss what piece of news was most surprising to you)

I'm pissed off that we lost. It was a game I was hoping we'd win, possibly should have won. Charlotte's O-Line has let more blokes through their holes than Cardi B, Megan that goes like a stallion and the Kardashian's combined... let alone helping Vardy of all QBs rush for 176 yards. The fact that we only sacked him once and Rogers got sacked 5 times speaks volumes. We're still struggling from the injury bug we picked up. Not quite KC-up shit creek without a method of propulsion sort of struggling, but not a million miles away either. There's not one individual that needs to step up, the whole team needs to keep getting tighter and fighting for each other and then the results will come.

Rogers had a good dig, bringing us back into the game to take it to overtime. Helped big time by that fantastic play from Matty Hines! That was beautiful.

2. Discuss any news that interested you. (Cover your news first; then move on)

Recent fan voted re-draft sees Michigan select QB Dominic Owens over Derek Rogers!

Big fat hairy ones. Total bollocks. Derek Rogers is our guy. If I had my time again I'd pick him with the number one pick all over again. He's a great lad with a bonza work ethic and even though he was the best QB in the draft, he's still been working really hard on his IQ and his accuracy to go alongside that cannon of his. It's not his fault that we've picked up a shed load of injuries to our O-Line. I'm very happy with his performances and I'm looking forward to him taking us on a late surge of victories this season.

I saw that the Silverbacks fans are calling for Daley to sit out the rest of the year. Obviously that would be a shame as we want to play teams at their best, but they have to do what's right by their player. They've already shown that they've got a very capable backup player in Wright.

3. With the trade deadline in the rear view, what move surprised you the most?

I can't workout if I'm more surprised by Las Vegas picking up two worldie wide receivers or Orlando bringing in two defensive titans. There's probably a bee's wanger in it but I reckon that'll tip Orlando into some good things in the last 7 games of the year. I mean hell, we've got to play them still. It would have a lot of offenses sweating like a bag of cats at a greyhound meet. But not our lads, they'll be up for the challenge.

4. Tell us a player on offense and defense you want to see more from in the second half of the season.

I can't just name one player. We've not seen the best of the Michigan Monsters yet. We're on a trajectory, we're on the up. I want to see more from Rogers, want to see him keep striving forward, we know he's got what it takes to be offensive rookie of the year. I want to see him take that by the short and curlies and make it undeniably his. I want to see more from William Harris, he's been working well with Zeke this year, but he's flying solo next year, so show us what you're made of Hazzo!

Scotty Gorham has a big future at this club, I want to see him keep getting better and upping his yardage and TD numbers... bump those numbers up... beam them up Scotty!

I want to see more from the three lads on D we brought across from the pond. They've all settled in well and made the positions their own... but let's kick on now fellas!

I wanna see more sacks from Reedo... because I could watch that highlight reel on repeat all day long! Show the rest of the league why you should be the defensive rookie of the year we all know you should be! When he's on fire, he's bloody on fire!

5. Discuss your next opponent and game. What is your biggest advantage in this contest? (if you have a bye week, discuss what you hope to achieve this week)

We play Oakland at home. I think our biggest advantage is the element of surprise... a lot around the league will have written us off. We're carrying a lot of injuries but we have a lot of talented players here in Michigan. Oakland have had a few knocks too. I think we're capable of getting the upset this week.

———————————

Coach, I'm pissed we lost to Charlotte. Other than letting Vardy run riot, what didn't quite click?

How do we give ourselves the best chance against Oakland?

Talon

We couldn't pass it easily, we couldn't run it well, it was a total failure.

GM Fosters

Frustrating, do you think that's as a result or our O-line injuries or something else?

Aside from more game time and experience , what do we need to work on with Rogers to get him to that next level? I heard he did well when we worked on his IQ and I've arranged for him to work on his arm accuracy too.

Talon

We should probably back off of trying to rush him into superstardom, we don't want to blow out a shoulder or something from him trying too hard to elevate his game.  Just give the kid some time.

GM Fosters

Good point, well made. Thanks Coach Vol. How are we ranking offensively and defensively in comparison to Oakland? They're having a tougher year than they're used to but they are still 0.500 and will be the favourites for our clash.

Talon

We're 2 points per game apart on offense, with them scoring 25 and us averaging 27.. We're giving up 30.6 and they're giving up 27.7... we're pretty similar over all, they're top 10 in pass defense and of course we're 21st in passing offense. Lots of injuries for both sides.

GM Fosters

Ok Coach Vol, all the best with preparation for this week and the game. I think we're just gonna have to grin and bare it and wish for a bit of luck! Hopefully we'll get the better of Oakland.

I've got one piece of business to attend to and then I will lock in for Oakland.

———————————
Carly can you get me Jay C please?

Hey Jay C, it's Bruce Fosters in Michigan, I wanted to talk to you about your client Scotty Gorham. He's been working really hard and I feel he's got a big future here in Michigan. I know it's frowned upon to mess with rookie contracts, but I wanted to offer him a new one to keep him here long term.

I want to offer him 5mm a year for 5 years starting immediately to reward his hard work I'll front load him with a 3mm rise to his salary this year and he'll have a 3mm rise to what he would have got next year. I'm in a unique position where I'm probably not going to be able to reward a player like I'm about to do now for a while- and I want to keep Scotty here for Rogers to throw to.

Talon

We'll take that deal, but just remember, when Scotty breaks out and gets that big 1200 yard season, we'll be back to the table.

GM Fosters

Great stuff Jay C, you have yourself a bonza evening mate!

——————

Carly can you get me Scotty Gorham please?

—————-

Scotty! I'm not sure if you've heard from your agent yet or not, but I just wanted to say I'm really pleased with the hard work you've been putting in. We've agreed a new deal to keep you at Michigan for the foreseeable. With a bit of a pay raise this year and next too as a reward! Keep working hard and I'm excited to see your efforts start paying off!

Talon

Appreciate the support bro, I'll keep grinding to reward you for the confidence.

GM Fosters

Just what I wanted to hear! Best of luck against Oakland!

————-

Lock in for Oakland

GM Fosters

ASON 15 - WEEK 11

1. Discuss this past week.

We got the bloody win against Oakland!  I'm stoked and so are the lads. This is the lift we needed to make a late run this season.

If anyone deserves the game ball this week, it's Matty Hines... what a performance! 5 PDs and 2 interceptions. He was unlucky not to get defensive player of the game. Reedo got those honours and he was back to having a ripper too. Herman Schiller smashed it too with 3 PDs and an interception also.

On offense Zeke had a smashing game getting us 3 touchdowns! William Harris put up a lot of yardage and Rogers got us downfield when we needed to.

We also signed Scotty Gorham to a long term deal which is something I am very excited about. He's a great talent, extremely hard working and he's got a big future in Michigan.

2. Discuss any news that interested you. (Cover your news first; then move on)

Matty Hines made Keenan Daley look bang average. You have to worry for KD's health when he's had so many knocks this season... player health is it paramount importance. I was reading a very poignant autobiography from a retired English rugby player that's really struggling from early onset dementia and there's a lot of food for thought in that.

Ramos saying he ain't dead yet when he got  100 yards against Milwaukee of all teams, we'll see how he gets on against a decent cornerback. On that note too I'm surprised Milwaukee have sacked HC Mumbassa, the head coaches can only work with the tools that the GMs give them and Franchise emptied his tool box a few weeks ago!

Vancouver completed destroyed Charlotte... I can't imagine that's going to go down well with the dictator... it's a shame we played them last week and aren't playing them later in our schedule.

3. Talk about your plans for this week.

We'll need Matty Hines to have another corker of a game to shut down Ramos for us. Our run defence is going to need to be on point to stop McNasty too. Both teams are on a 1 game win streak and we need to put a stop to St Paul extending that. Let's get Kitchen on his arse as much as we can and build the pressure on them.

I'm looking forward to the game against St Paul and we'll hopefully  see a different result to the one from when we last played.

———————————

Coach! Fantastic win against Oakland! Great for the boys, hopefully we can build some momentum for a late surge. How are we feeling for the game against St Paul? Should we be trying to contain McNasty do you reckon?

Talon

They've beaten us once already, but I believe they are in decline and we are on the rise. We have the chance to serve them an upset.

GM Fosters

Let's go do that!

I noticed that I haven't seen much from McCrary on the box scores/ since the stats came out about him leading the league in drops. Was there any reason he's not been showing up so much in games or have the other receivers just managed to get in more space? Is our WR depth chart still in the right order in your opinion?

Talon

We moved Scotty up to WR2 and he's been performing.

GM Fosters

Ahh good stuff! That'll explain it, I didn't twig. All the best with prep for St Paul, if you or any of the other coaches need anything I'll be in my office.

——————

Carly can you send up Matthew Hines please?

—————

Matty! Congratulations on a bonza game last week mate. Absolutely smashed it against Oakland. You were very unlucky not to get defensive player of the game.

Big game this week too against St Paul. We need another huge game from you to shut up Max Ramos!

Talon

I put the nail in KD last week, Kitchen and Ramos are the next has-beens on my list.. LETS GO!

GM Fosters

Boom! Go smash it Hinesy!

Give the lads my best.

Let's Lock in for St Paul!