FS Rafael Milligan-  350k for the year?

Talon

GM Fosters

Belting!

DE William Pace- 350k for one year?

Talon

GM Fosters

Carly are we feeling lucky?

Can you get me Mike Maker on the phone please RE his client: RB Prince Fournette?

Mike! How the devil are you? I'm hoping to bring your client to Michigan for one year, for 2.8MM and 200k bonus, totalling 3MM... how does that sound?

Talon

GM Fosters

Anthony Campenelli please RE his Client Joseph Blocker.... Again

Mr Campenelli, can we get your client CB Joseph Blocker to Michigan on a 1 year 2.8MM and 0.2MM a year deal?

Talon

GM Fosters

Cracking!

Carly can we get the representative of UDFA LB Art Evers please?

1 year 350k?

Talon

GM Fosters

Boom!

Can we try and sign DT Jeffrey Mattingly to a 1 year UDFA 350k deal too?

GM Fosters

Just seen he's signed at KC...

How about DT Donald Dion standard UDFA offer of 350k for the year?

Talon

GM Fosters

Lovely stuff Carly- I have us with a full roster, in under the cap, with 3MM bonus left? If that tallies with you I'll get the lock in details squared away.

Talon

30K in cap, 3.04MM in bonus. We're good.

GM Fosters

GM Fosters

S16 Lock in template

The following template is to be strictly followed for locking in for Season 16 and beyond. 
If you have questions about the template ask before posting, an incorrect format may result in penalty.

MINI-CAMP ASSIGNMENTS

OFFENSE:

1. QB Derek Rogers- IQ
2. WR Scotty Gorham- IQ
3. WR Scotty Gorham- Hands
4. WR Leonard McCrary- Hands

DEFENSE:
1.  DT Paul Reed- IQ
2. DT Paul Reed- Tackling
3. DE Jamar Moran- Tackling
4. FS Michael Turpin- Hands

STRATEGY

OFFENSE

Attitude: Coaches Decision
Focus: Coaches decision
Tempo: Coaches Decision
Passing Focus: Coaches Decision
Pass To: Coaches Decision
Primary Receiver: Colt Soriano
Third Down Back: William Harris
Goal Line Back: Coaches Decision
Running Focus: Coaches Decision
Running Backs Role: Coaches Decision
Backfield by Committee?: No-  Bell Cow- William Harris
Tight End Focus: Mixed
QB Tuck and Run: Coaches Decision

DEFENSE
Attitude:
Coaches Decision
Focus: Coaches Decision
Primary Coverage: Coaches Decision
D-Line Focus: Coaches Decision
Linebacker Focus: Coaches Decision
Player Radio: Michael Turpin
Match CBs to WRs?: Coaches Decision
Align Man Coverage?: Coach's decision

SUBSTITUTION LOGIC
Point Margin for Backup Package:
Leading by 30 points. Trailing by 40 points.
Sub Package Minimum Energy: Coaches Decision
Sub Package Maximum Energy: Coaches Decision

END OF GAME SCENARIOS
If Winning:
Run More
If Losing: Pass More

COUNTER STRATEGY (vs. offense gives your defense a boost to stop the selected type; vs. defense gives your offense a boost vs. selected defensive strategy)
Coaches Decision? Yes
vs. Offense: Coaches Decision
vs. Defense: Coaches Decision

OFFENSE MASTER DEPTH CHART GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK (You may attach up to 3 additional Copies of this Chart for various "Packages" in your offense, the final package is strictly your back up players for substitutions - this is automatically set by your coaching staff)

PACKAGE NAME: Base Offense

QB- Derek Rogers
QB2- Ross Baker
QB3- Allan Wilkins
QB4- John Carr

RB1- William Harris
RB2- Prince Fournette
RB3- Kent Fox

FB- James Grant

TE1- Greg Sprouse
TE2- Sean Nolen

WR1- Colt Soriano
LWR4- Blake Payne

WR2- Scotty Gorham
WR5- David LeBron

WR3- Leonard McCrary
WR6- Ned Frederick

LT- Mats Lidström
LT2- Cain Rose

LG- Elliott Wellman
LG2- Aiden Kelly

C- Michael Duff
C2- Maxwell Aguilar

RG- Aiden Kelly
RG2- Jeff Crouse
RG3- Walter Mendoza

RT- Cain Rose
RT2- Ricky Gurley
RT3- Terry Petty

DEFENSE MASTER DEPTH CHART GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK (You may attach up to 3 additional Copies of this Chart for various "Packages" in your defense. The final package is strictly your back up players for substitutions - this is automatically set by your coaching staff)

PACKAGE NAME: Base Defense

DT1- Paul Reed
DT3- Cedric Holman

DT2- Brian Ezell
DT4- Donald Dion

RE1- Sigmund Burrell
RE2- Jamar Moran

LE1- Douglas Dickerson
LE2- Jamar Moran
LE3- William Pace

MLB1- Gerald Barajas
MLB2- Tui Lotulelei
MLB3- Dennis Hatley

ROLB1- Dennis Hatley
ROLB2- Michael Parker
ROLB3- Bobby Hudson
ROLB4- Art Evers

LOLB1- Tui Lotulelei
LOLB2- Michael Parker
LOLB3- Bobby Hudson
LOLB4- Art Evers

CB1- Matthew Hines
CB4- Donald Cano

CB2- Herman Schiller
CB5- Donald Cano
CB7- Wilford George

CB3- Joseph Blocker
CB6- Donald Cano
CB8- Wilford George

FS1- Michael Turpin
FS2- Rafael Milligan

SS1- Steven Pickens
SS2- David Baughman

DE Rotation: To be used on 33% of snaps when Coach Vol / Coach Roy deems it appropriate (The get to the Mo'fo'ing QB package!)

LDE- Paul Reed
LDT- Brian Ezell
RDT- Cedric Homan/ Douglas Dickerson
RDE- Sigmund Burrell

SPECIAL TEAMS MASTER DEPTH CHART GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK

K1- Clarence Peterson
K2- Jack Kiser
P1- Andrew Campbell
P2- Calvin Nelson

KR1- Prince Fournette
KR2- Kent Fox
KR3- David LeBron
KR4- Wilford George

PR1- Prince Fournette
PR2- Kent Fox

PLAY CALLING GM Chooses who calls plays, and assigns desired percentages if not left up to play calling coach

OFFENSE RUN/PASS RATIO

Play Caller:Head Coach
First and 10 - Coach's Decision
First and Short - Coach's Decision
First and Medium - Coach's Decision
First and Long - Coach's Decision

Second and Short - Coach's Decision
Second and Medium - Coach's Decision
Second and Long - Coach's Decision

Third and Short - Coach's Decision
Third and Medium - Coach's Decision
Third and Long - Coach's Decision

Fourth and Short - Coach's Decision
Fourth and Medium - Coach's Decision
Fourth and Long - Coach's Decision

Goal Line - Coach's Decision

Final 2 mins of half (w/ lead) - Coach's Decision
Final 2 mins of half (trailing) - Coach's Decision

DEFENSE BLITZ RATIO

Play Caller: Defensive Coordinator
First and 10 - Coach's Decision
First and Short - Coach's Decision
First and Medium - Coach's Decision
First and Long - Coach's Decision

Second and Short - Coach's Decision
Second and Medium - Coach's Decision
Second and Long - Coach's Decision

Third and Short - Coach's Decision
Third and Medium - Coach's Decision
Third and Long - Coach's Decision

Fourth and Short - Coach's Decision
Fourth and Medium - Coach's Decision
Fourth and Long - Coach's Decision

Goal Line - Coach's Decision

Final 2 mins of half (w/ lead) - Coach's Decision
Final 2 mins of half (trailing) - Coach's Decision

PR CAMPAIGNS  (OPTIONAL)

N/A

MUSICAL LICENSES (GM MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK)

1. (Monster) (The Automatic) (YouTubehttps://m.youtube.com › watchThe Automatic - Monster Official Video - YouTube)
To be used when the team takes to the field and for every time the team scores a touchdown or field goal.

2. (The Monster Mash) (Bobby Pickett)
Used after halftime as the team returns to the field.

COIN TOSS PREFERENCE

Tails
Receive

Lock in for training camp

Talon

Coach will give you his thoughts when we get back to work.  Here is the training camp report!

GM Fosters

Hey Coach Vol
I've seen the team sheet, but some insight would be greatly appreciated.

Can you give me a brief overview of how training camp went and where our strengths and weaknesses are?

Any concerns?

Talon

Camp was fine, no injuries so that is always a good thing.

As for concerns, we could upgrade over Cain Rose at tackle, Lidstrom is obviously our left tackle, but at right we could do better than what we have.

Receiver looks better than before, Gorham is coming along nicely so if we can see a bounce back from McCrary when it comes to yardage, we will be looking good in the pass game.

Our Defensive Ends are okay, but after Burrell the three guys we have would be best served this year in reserve capacities.  Hopefully Moran develops as we project him to for a long term solution but in the short term, we aren't loaded at the position.

GM Fosters

Lovely, that's very interesting.

How much is the gap between Gorham and Soriano? Do you think there will be a point in the next season or so where Gorham will overtake Soriano? I was very pleased that he was our camp MVP

Talon

Its hard to compare them, Scotty has better speed and football IQ, but Colt has much better hands, he's stronger and more physical, and he runs better routes.  They both have a shot to put up great numbers this year, but when it comes to the idea of Scotty being able to be our #1, he's showing promise, but I don't think he'll be there next year unless he really has a big season and shows us he can consistently be /that/ guy.

GM Fosters

That's some brilliant insight thanks Coach!

Thinking more about our defense now. With the lack of firepower on the edge of our defensive line. If we were to use Paul Reed on the edge more frequently you do you think that would address the issue? Burrell on one edge, Reed on the other. Ezell in the middle with maybe Dickerson over Homan at the other interior DL slot- do you think that would yield better results?

Talon

Honestly, Reed is best utilized disrupting the interior, I think as an edge rusher over the course of a full season we would see diminishing returns.

GM Fosters

Gotcha! I'll keep him as is then.

I saw who the winners of the position battles were- was there anything to note with the position battles beyond who won/ lost- did anyone make any particularly big leaps?

Talon

Everyone picked up some extra gains out of it all, but nothing jaw dropping.  I'm happy with most everyones efforts.

GM Fosters

Good to hear. In terms of punt and kick returners who would you say are our best bet?

Are you happy with our depth chart as it's currently set?

Talon

I think the depth chart looks solid, as well as the DE rotation package, I dont want you to think I meant we shouldn't run it as we have planned.

As for return men, I think Fox and Fournette are great, unless you want to use Harris for his next level speed, but all in all they are good picks.

GM Fosters

Yeah I got you! Still planning on including that- I won't tweak the percentage though.

I think I'll keep Harris away from returns in order to keep him fresher. Fournette and Fox are good options.

Is there anything else we need to chat about that I've missed from training camp?

Talon

Nothing much else.. I hear a lot of teams are just finding out a lot of IFAF players don't speak much English, so that should be fun.

GM Fosters

Hahahahha amazing! That's a errrrr good job we don't have any of those then!

First game against St Paul at home. I'm totally stoked for it. I'll let you get back to training and I'll chat to some of our new arrivals and welcome them.

Get the boys to give St Paul hell!

——————-

Carly can you get me Coach Marshall Roy please?

Coach Roy! Welcome to Michigan. I'm over the moon we managed to persuade you over here from Pearl Harbour. I saw what you did with developing Clyde Scott and I'm hoping you can work your magic getting Paul Reed to the next level. How are you settling into Michigan and how are you finding working with our defence and the defensive coaching team?

Talon

I'mma delighted to be heaya' mmhm.  Go Monsta's I say!    The only thing I gots to say bad about dis heaya place is; they ain't no good foods to eat!  I'mma bon-a-fide cajun boy and da foods gotta be spicy and its gotta be good!  Ain't none of dat up here in da norf...   damn shame, its a damn shame

GM Fosters

Tell me about it! Was a bit of a .... Culture shock when I got here too. You get used to it and there's some alright places for scoff around here.

Onto our first game against St Paul. We had some success against strong running teams at the back end of last year when we tinkered with our Linebacker focus. I know we shouldn't change things for one player but Willis McNasty is an elite beast. What are your thoughts?

Talon

I hate changing our focus after practicing all off-season for one thing, but if you feel the need then we can do it.  Da biggest thing I see is if you crash the run den dat boy Kitchen can go deep down the field and he has tools to make him look even better, so I say tread carefully, mhmm.

GM Fosters

You know what Coach Roy? I'm my own worst enemy and far too excited for the game. I'll leave things as they are and see how they play out.

We signed FS Michael Turpin to a long term deal last year and his hands were dreadful, he's really worked on them. How does he come across after this training camp? Both for his hands and other areas of his game. Any obvious work one that you noticed? Fresh perspective and all!

Talon

Two things in this world scare me mhmm... and one of them are people with dem tiny hands... smell like Cabbage!   He's good, great maybe even, but his hands are freakishly small and I don't like it.

GM Fosters

Thanks for your insight Coach Roy, I'll let you get back to training... best of luck for our first game!

—————

Carly can you get me Derek Rogers please?

Derek! How are you doing? How did you feel training camp went? All set for a big year?

Talon

Absolutely, I can't wait to get to work!

GM Fosters

Great stuff! Give them Hell Derek! Get the lads Gee'd up for me.

Lock in for St Paul and Game ONE

Talon

WEEK 1 PRESS QUESTIONS

1. Discuss your performance and result for week 1. What were some sustains, and what were some improvements going into week 2?

2. How big of a loss is it to see Reed go down for what amounts to entire season?

3. Coming out of training camp and now seeing the team in week 1, what should fans expect to see this year from your club?

4. Did any news catch your eye this week?

5. Discuss your next opponent and game.

GM Fosters

WEEK 1 PRESS QUESTIONS

1. Discuss your performance and result for week 1. What were some sustains, and what were some improvements going into week 2?

I was very happy with the performance, disappointed with the result. To lose to a divisional rival and talented team St Paul in overtime after leading for large portions of the game is a bitter pill to swallow. As well as losing Reed for the whole regular season to such a horrific injury- we really wish him the speediest of recoveries.

The positives- Derek Rogers and the whole of our offense looked absolutely on fire. 400 passing yards and 5 TDs as well as a strong rushing performance from Harris and our receiver corps looking electric is really positive. Expect our high octane offense to keep scoring big. I'm proud of our O-Line for only giving up one sack on a week which saw a monumental amount of sacks given up this week. Long may our boys continue this.

Defensively speaking Reed started off fantastically. Rookie Cedric Homan had tough shoes to fill and did a great job - particularly his forced fumble and recovery in a key area of the field to give us great field position. Steven Pickens had a fantastic game too- I think the only defensive player not to give up any catches allowed so far!

Our offense was great last year and I've really tried to build on and bring the pieces together on our defense. St Paul have quite a balanced offense and we let them rush for 200 yards... we will have to be tighter on this for some of our later games against rush heavier offences.

One thing going forward- I don't want to see any more injuries for Monsters players!

2. How big of a loss is it to see Reed go down for what amounts to entire season?

It's absolutely devastating, for us and for Paul. Not only is he a force of nature, regularly getting to sack the QB himself, but he also makes everyone around him play better and easier for teammates to get to the QB. To lose him week 1 in the same week as Bruiser Elliott and TWII making headlines for stellar performances is a smack in the chops too.

It's a monumental loss. I'm absolutely gutted for Reed.

3. Coming out of training camp and now seeing the team in week 1, what should fans expect to see this year from your club?

Expect our offence to come out every week and put up a load of yards and touch downs. We want to be one of the highest scoring offenses. Defensively we want to be a force to be reckoned with- we have a major injury to deal with and to try and fill a huge hole in our D-line... otherwise I'm very happy with both sides of the ball.

We expect to be involved in the post season. We will be challenging for the division lead this year.

4. Did any news catch your eye this week?

You can't really not comment on how incredible it is for any player to get 10 sacks in a game- there's a lot of edge rushers that don't get that in a season- Bruce Wilkinson is a special talent.  I feel Rogers was unlucky not to get offensive player of the week, losing out to Dominic Owens- looking forward to our game later on in the year against Pearl Harbour.

5. Discuss your next opponent and game.

We play the Myrtle Beach Mastodons at Home. They got completely destroyed last week by an in form Miami team. They'll want to bounce back. They've got some talented players and the number 1 pick rookie QB. Will be interesting to see last years number 1 go up against this year's.

We need to just play our game and hit our stride.

Any further questions?

Talon

Well, #1 in total yards after week 1 and we looked a lot better than last year, but losing Reed is obviously a big black cloud over us.

GM Fosters

You're not kidding Coach! I'm gutted for Reed.

I was very happy with our offensive performance- long may that continue.

I saw that it's a predicted 12-16 weeks out for Reed, is there anything we can get him to do with our strength and conditioning coach; Bill Silverberg to encourage a quicker, full recovery? I'm reluctant to completely sideline him as hoping we'll have him back for the end of the season.

Do you think Homan has the conditioning to step up and play a lot more snaps as a starter?

Talon

I think having Coach Silverberg on the staff is the reason it wasn't a "out for season" diagnosis in the first place.  We'll be re-evaluating him quarterly, so hopefully he can get back to us and get some reps.

As for Homan, he can step in and play a full game for us, his conditioning is fine.

GM Fosters

That sounds positive. I think I'll assign Coach Silverberg to Reed and hope that helps!

Do you think it would make sense to have Dickerson as our DT3 after Homan in the depth chart?

Talon

Na, Dion is a fine reserve.

GM Fosters

That's music to my ears!

From a developmental point of view what would you say was Cedric Homan's two biggest work-ons? What are his strengths?