MUNICH GRIFFINS [GM WRONG]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 11:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

...GM Franchise, not a great year but damn if you didn't show the ability to dog fight your way to some surprises with the move of Marshall to offensive weapon and JOR at QB.

GM Franchise

Yeah we really started turning it around after the switch. JOR did have some concussion issues but we overcame them and showed some fight. I liked the vibe after the coaching switch too. Things seemed noticeably different. The negativity was gone and with RoMar showing some fire as a hybrid player we really made some waves. Add to it the draft picks we hauled in and we're looking good going forward especially with Hill at the helm as head coach.

Talon

I am willing to let you playout your Contract. We have one more year together and we'll assess your placement with our flight deck after next season; what do you say? Are you ready to prove you deserve an extension next year?

GM Franchise

I'm down for that. I liked how the season ended and I think we're in good shape if things go the way I think they will. Thank you for the opportunity, I'm looking to rebound big time next season. I'm ready to prove that I deserve an extension after next season and fly us into the danger zone that is the HIFL playoffs.

Talon

Alright; take a break and get ready for a busy off-season.

GM Franchise

Sounds good to me. I'll be ready to go for the off-season once it begins.

Talon

Well then, lock in whenever you are ready.  I'm off to fly and do pilot shit.

GM Franchise

Have a good vacation! I'll see you after vacation.

Amelia, have a great vacation too. You did wonderful again this season.

Let's Lock in.

Talon

Hello GM Powers, welcome to the Flight Deck!  I'm Amelia, and I'll be here to help you with anything you need in the office!

I currently have us with $105.1MM in available salary cap and $37MM in Bonus funds for S16.  Our bonus may flex depending on how you decide to handle our coaching staff obviously and we currently do not have a head coach at all.

I have us with 29 open roster positions at this time. 

I have our draft picks as follows:

S16 1st - MIL
S16 1st - SYD
S16 2nd - MIL
S16 2nd - DC
S16 2nd - TUC
S16 2nd - VAN
S16 3rd - MIL
S16 3rd - SYD
S16 4th - MIL
S16 4th - MICH
S16 5th - MIL
S16 5th - VAN
S16 5th - ORL
S16 5th - BAMA
S16 5th - TOT
S16 5th - SYD
S16 7th - LOU

We have all of our own draft picks for S17 as well as Vancouver's S17 First, and all of our own picks for S18

We do not owe any taxes, so our off-season bonus money is ours to do whatever we'd like!

Our available off-season bonus money currently is: $8.25MM ($4MM from your GM Contract + $4.25MM from your S15 budget rollover).

I have our off-season team sheet copy here. Feel free to edit/use it if you would like.  If you have questions or disagree with my notes please let me know and we will get to the bottom of it!

GM Mike Powers

Thank you Amelia, it's a pleasure to meet you. We'd better get to work!  Please connect me with Joseph Dobbins.

Mr. Dobbins, first things first, congratulations on going back-to-back. I recognize how tough it is just to get there and you've been part of a team and staff that have won it all twice. You are breathing rarefied air my friend.

I'm wondering if you think it's time for you to sit in the big chair? Do you have interest in being a head coach yourself? If so, tell me a little about how you'd run things as the leader of the coaching staff.

Talon

I am definitely interested in becoming a head coach in the league.  Offensively I actually prefer a pro-style offense with a conservative approach. I believe in attention to detail and developing young players but I am not really able to take credit for QB development; I need a strong QB Coach to help me in that aspect.  My specialty is skills positions RB/WR/TE.    I also have very little defensive talent so I definitely would want and need a strong defensive coaching staff.   As far as being ready?  I am, but I just re-signed with Winnipeg so it will take a strong offer to make me break that pact.

GM Mike Powers

Would a 4 year, $14MM deal be strong enough to make you a Baron?

Talon

Yes, yes it would.

GM Mike Powers

Consider it done. Welcome aboard Coach.

Let's talk about staff. It sounds like you are all set with the skills positions, so let's focus on hiring an OC with strong QB development skills. We're going to be a young team - we have over a dozen draft picks to play with - so both coordinators should be good coaching up youth.

What would something like that cost us?

Talon

I think we put together a quality staff without the flashy names on offense for $5MM and defensively, $7-9MM would be my range of expectation to really make it work.

GM Mike Powers

Sounds like a plan to me. I'll league office your $5MM for offense and $8MM for defense.

Now that business is taken care of, I'll let you get settled. The move from Winnipeg to Milwaukee is a big one, so I'll bet you have a lot to do. Talk to ya later Coach.

Talon

Looking forward to it; hey keep an eye on my boy in Louisville, if he ever hits the market I'd love to coach him on my team.

GM Mike Powers

I will definitely keep that in mind Coach.

GM Mike Powers

Amelia, let's talk to Eli Harris.

Eli, long time no speak! I'm calling about your client Jacob Demarco. I'd like to keep him here in Milwaukee. Will 3 years at $1.5MM per year be enough?

Talon

Make it $2MM and we'll agree.

GM Mike Powers

Done deal. Always a pleasure Eli.

GM Mike Powers

Can I speak with Bobby Shapiro please.

Bobby!! My dude!! I've missed you bro-chacho!!

Getting down to business - let's talk CB Robert Kozlowski. 2 years, $1MM?

Talon

GM Mike Powers

Good deal. I see you at the stripcl.....book club.....I'll see you later at the book club.

Talon

Whip out that card catalog, because I'll be in the DD section!

Talon

Hello GM Powers,   I am Thomas Reese, the investigator looking into the recent allegations made against your former boss.  Do you have a few minutes to answer a few questions?

GM Mike Powers

Of course, but first do you mind showing me some credentials?

Talon

MR. REESE PROVIDES YOU VERY CERTIFIED, VERY REAL CREDS PROVIDING HIS BACKGROUND AS A RETIRED FEDERAL INVESTIGATOR AS WELL AS HIS CURRENT LICENSE AS A PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR.

If that will suffice, my only questions are about your short time in Rapid City, South Dakota.   During your time with the franchise, did Mr. Burns every meet with you and discuss the teams finances or mention any extravagant purchases?

GM Mike Powers

GM POWERS INSPECTS THE CREDENTIALS FOR A MOMENT, THEN OFFERS MR. REESE A SEAT BEFORE SITTING DOWN BEHIND HIS DESK

To the best of my recollection, the only conversation I had with Mr. Burns revolved around my own contract. After he had a falling out with GM Fosters, he traded for me. Given that he made such a public display of bringing me in, I leveraged that for a contract that was likely higher than he would have liked to offer me.

Outside of that, I recall no other financial conversations with him.

Talon

Interesting.. well, if you think of anything else, don't hesitate to give me a call. 

...oh, an old colleague of mine said to send you his regards.

MR REESE GOES TO EXIT YOUR OFFICE BUT TURNS BACK AT THE LAST SECOND WITH A GRIN.

His name is Jack Bowser.  ...take care.

GM Mike Powers

AFTER MR. REESE LEAVES, GM POWERS OPENS HIS DRAWER AND TAKES OUT A GLASS AND A BOTTLE OF UNDOUBTEDLY EXPENSIVE LIQUOR. HE POURS HIMSELF A SMALL DRINK AND SAVORS THE FLAVOR FOR A MOMENT BEFORE SWALLOWING. HE THEN THROWS THE GLASS INTO THE CLOSED DOOR MR. REESE JUST LEFT THROUGH, SHATTERING IT.

.....Fuck Jack Bowser.....

Talon

GM Mike Powers

GM POWERS STRAIGHTENS HIS TIE AND STANDS UP FROM BEHIND HIS DESK

Yes everything is fine, thank you...the silly thing just slipped right out of my hand. The condensation I guess....would you please call on the janitor to have this broken glass cleaned up. Much appreciated.

Talon

Of course!   Just be careful in the meantime!

Hello Mr. Powers, just here to clean up the mess...  goodness, quite the accident you had here.

GM Mike Powers

GM POWERS' EYES GO WIDE. SLOWLY, UNBLINKING, HE BACKS AWAY FROM HIS DESK AND ACROSS THE ROOM INTO HIS PRIVATE BATHROOM. HE SLOWLY CLOSES THE DOOR WITHOUT A WORD. A LOCK IS HEARD SNAPPING INTO PLACE.

Talon

Um... is everything okay Mr. Powers?  I'm just here to clean up the broken glass, what are you talking about?

GM Mike Powers

FROM BEHIND THE CLOSED DOOR, GM POWERS SPEAKS

Yes....everything is fine....I had Chipotle for lunch and it isn't settling well....please clean the glass, thank you....

Talon

Uh.. Okay, it is all cleaned up.  I'll be ... uh, headed out I guess.   Have a nice day.

Talon

Hi there, I have us with $1.28MM and $3MM in bonus heading into UFA.

Talon

Actually I didnt have Moody on our books from the deal with Kansas City, so now we are $3.22MM over the salary cap and have 3MM in bonus.

Talon

Training Camp will begin on the 11th, if we don't have a full roster by then, our unsigned players will miss valuable training time.  We won't be required to lock in for the season until the 25th, but if we want our guys to get the most out of training camp, we need to be full by the 11th.

GM Mike Powers

Thanks, I appreciate the heads up. Could you send out the following offers please?

1- Contact Bobby Shapiro about his client K Jerry Friend. We're offering 2 years, $2MM.

2- While you're talking to Bobby, let him know we're interested in QB Michael Givens as one of the backups to Milton McLendon. 1 year, $1.5MM.

3- We'd like to offer UDFA TE Thomas Lane a 1 year, $350K deal.

4- We'd like to offer UDFA DT Alan Silver a 1 year, $350K deal.

5- We'd like to offer UDFA C John Patrick a 1 year, $350K deal.

Talon

ALL AGREE TO YOUR TERMS

GM Mike Powers

Awesome, thanks.  Here are the last few offers

1- We'd like to offer UDFA SS James Baugh a 1 year, $350K deal.

2- We'd like to offer UDFA DT Daryl Runyon a 1 year, $350K deal

3- Please let Mike Maker know that we are offering his client QB James O'Rourke a 2 year, $2MM deal to join our QB room as a backup

Talon

ALL AGREE TO YOUR TERMS

GM Mike Powers

MINI-CAMP ASSIGNMENTS
OFFENSE:

1. Milton McLendon - Accuracy
2. Preston Johnson - Pass Blocking
3. Patrick Jenkins - Strength
4. Haywood Young - Strength

DEFENSE:
1. Robert Perry - Strength
2. Henry Ha  - Speed
3. Bruce Snodgrass - Speed
4. Keith Blackburn - Strength

STRATEGY

OFFENSE
Attitude:  Balanced
Focus:  Balanced
Tempo:  Normal
Passing Focus:  Balanced
Pass To:  Balanced
Primary Receiver:  Loren Isaacs
Third Down Back:  Patrick Jenkins
Goal Line Back:  Craig Ramsey
Running Focus:  Balanced
Running Backs Role:  Balanced
Backfield by Committee?:  Yes   
Tight End Focus:  Mixed
QB Tuck and Run:  Normal

DEFENSE
Attitude:  Balanced
Focus:  Balanced
Primary Coverage:  Mixed
D-Line Focus:  Balanced
Linebacker Focus:  Balanced
Player Radio:  James Steed
Match CBs to WRs?:  No
Align Man Coverage?:   Balanced

SUBSTITUTION LOGIC
Point Margin for Backup Package  28
Sub Package Minimum Energy  65
Sub Package Maximum Energy  70

END OF GAME SCENARIOS
If Winning  Run More
If Losing  Pass More

COUNTER STRATEGY (vs. offense gives your defense a boost to stop the selected type; vs. defense gives your offense a boost vs. selected defensive strategy)
Coaches Decision?  Yes
vs. Offense  Coaches Decision
vs. Defense  Coaches Decision

OFFENSE MASTER DEPTH CHART GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK (You may attach up to 3 additional Copies of this Chart for various "Packages" in your offense, the final package is strictly your back up players for substitutions - this is automatically set by your coaching staff)

PACKAGE NAME:  Master Depth Chart

QB- Milton McLendon
QB2- James O'Rourke
QB3- Michael Givens

RB1- Craig Ramsey
RB2- Patrick Jenkins
RB3- Robert Coombs

TE1- Ludwig Hinz
TE2- Thomas Lane

WR1- Loren Isaacs
LWR4- John Busby

WR2- Haywood Young
WR5- Keith Van Hoose

WR3- Chang Lam
WR6- Simon Baptiste

LT- Daniel Ford
LT2- Robert Love
LT3- Clifford Glass

LG- Lag'i Savea
LG2- Daniel Cowley

C- Danny Kirkland
C2- William Myers
C3- John Patrick

RG- Daniel Cowley
RG2- Preston Johnson
RG3- Mauro Luna

RT- Robert Love
RT2- Clifford Glass
RT3- Richard Melendez

DEFENSE MASTER DEPTH CHART GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK (You may attach up to 3 additional Copies of this Chart for various "Packages" in your defense. The final package is strictly your back up players for substitutions - this is automatically set by your coaching staff)

PACKAGE NAME: Master Depth Chart

DT1- Timothy Mitchell
DT3- Alan Silver

DT2- Grant Chapman
DT4- Daryl Runyon

RE1- Frank Cleveland
RE2- Jacob DeMarco

LE1- Richard Johnson
LE2- Dele Obaje

MLB1- James Steed
MLB2- Michael Moody

ROLB1- Kurt Dietz
ROLB2- Octavio Muse

LOLB1- Keith Blackburn
LOLB2- Roger Toliver

CB1- Gene Griffith
CB4- Rawdog McQueen

CB2- Antonio Patterson
CB5- Henry Ha

CB3- Robert Perry
CB6- Robert Kozlowski

FS1- Bruce Snodgrass
FS2- Thomas Bone
FS3- Jim Council

SS1- Lucas Ash
SS2- Travis Harding
SS3- James Baugh

SPECIAL TEAMS MASTER DEPTH CHART GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK

K- Jerry Friend
P- Andrew Vieira

KR1- Robert Coombs
KR2- Patrick Jenkins
KR3- Haywood Young
KR4- Robert Perry

PR1- Robert Coombs
PR2- Robert Perry

PLAY CALLING GM Chooses who calls plays, and assigns desired percentages if not left up to play calling coach

OFFENSE RUN/PASS RATIO

Play Caller:  Head Coach
First and 10 -  Coaches Decision
First and Short -  Coaches Decision
First and Medium -  Coaches Decision
First and Long -  Coaches Decision

Second and Short -  Coaches Decision
Second and Medium -  Coaches Decision
Second and Long -  Coaches Decision

Third and Short -  Coaches Decision
Third and Medium -  Coaches Decision
Third and Long -  Coaches Decision

Fourth and Short -  Coaches Decision
Fourth and Medium -  Coaches Decision
Fourth and Long -  Coaches Decision

Goal Line -  Coaches Decision

Final 2 mins of half (w/ lead) -  Coaches Decision
Final 2 mins of half (trailing) -  Coaches Decision

DEFENSE BLITZ RATIO

Play Caller:   Defensive Coordinator
First and 10 -  Coaches Decision
First and Short -  Coaches Decision
First and Medium -  Coaches Decision
First and Long -  Coaches Decision

Second and Short -  Coaches Decision
Second and Medium -  Coaches Decision
Second and Long -  Coaches Decision

Third and Short -  Coaches Decision
Third and Medium -  Coaches Decision
Third and Long -  Coaches Decision

Fourth and Short -  Coaches Decision
Fourth and Medium -  Coaches Decision
Fourth and Long -  Coaches Decision

Goal Line -  Coaches Decision

Final 2 mins of half (w/ lead) - Coaches Decision
Final 2 mins of half (trailing) -  Coaches Decision

MUSICAL LICENSES (GM MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK)

1. Flying High Again - Ozzy Osbourne
Plays after each home win

2. Seek & Destroy - Metallica
Plays as the Barons take the field at the start of the game and after halftime

COIN TOSS PREFERENCE

Heads
Defer

LOCK IN

Talon

We are cleared for take off!

GM Mike Powers

Hey Coach. I had a look over the team sheet after camp, but I wanted to hear things from you. How did you think camp went? Any issues coming out?

Talon

There were no issues, but we clearly have our work cut out for us.  We've got a lot of good young pieces but we need to see them grow to really get where we want to go.

GM Mike Powers

Was Milton clicking with everyone? His receivers, coaches, et cetera? The HIFL is a different beast than the International game, so I wanted to see how his transition is progressing.