MUNICH GRIFFINS [GM WRONG]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 11:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

I'm working on getting something done. I'll lock in once I'm done with any trade talks for this week.

Talon

GM Franchise

Alright I'm finishing up trade talks next week, there will likely be at least one move made possibly more depending on the offers. Figured I'd give you an update. Also up the aggressiveness. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain, unleash everyone. Let's fuck up Cleveland's momentum and create some chaos in the division.

Player rotations: Mostly starters
Playcalling: Coaches Decision
Game Plan: Coaches Decision
Strategy: Coaches Decision.
Strategy note: More quarterback running plays added to offensive playcalling.
Aggressive play and trick plays are encouraged, be unpredictable.

Lock in.

GM Franchise

1. Discuss your weeks results (if you won, who deserves a game ball for their efforts?) (if you lost, who needs to step up to prevent another loss?) (if you had a bye-week, discuss a game that caught your eye)

"This week we came back and almost beat Cleveland. However Justin Fields got injured in the game which is going to effect them the next few weeks. On our end we had 100 yards in penalties which cost us the game in my opinion. Hell they only were plus three in total yards so that was a big factor in this loss. That said I'm beefing up the offensive line this week via trades if it's the last thing I do. Until that happens we will struggle. For stepping up we need to cut down on the penalties."

2. Discuss any news that interested you, if you had team specific news address it first.

"I saw the SJax news story and I am working on trading to getting upgrades. I want this team to succeed so I will be focusing on the offensive line first and going from there. I am working on it, that's a promise. Now to the other stories. Alesana Tuilagi sounds like my kind of player. He didn't take crap from nobody and I like that approach. DC on a five game winning streak is a big deal. They are a definitely a dark horse contender. Salt Lake literally giving the middle finger to trade offers is hilarious. I guarantee they got sick of it and said nope, not today. Louisville playing under protest would be a first and I definitely will be following that news story. Also I hope Kyle Wimpleman doesn't retire. He could be a team chaplain for his team if he goes back to school in the offseason, just a thought."

3. Discuss your next opponent and game. What is your biggest advantage in this contest? (if you have a bye week, discuss what you hope to achieve this week)

"This week we play Michigan, which is a suburb of Hell according to some GMs in the league. They are in the same position we are with a 1-5 record and both teams need a win. We have to win this game. If we don't it's going to get ugly real quick. Our biggest advantage is if I get some trading done they will have little time to prepare for our new talent that's been brought in."

---

"Coach, another frustrating loss for us. SJax being frustrated doesn't surprise me at all going by how this season is going."

Talon

I'm worried that more loses are going to fracture our locker room and we're going to lose guys.

GM Franchise

I am too. It's getting worse every week. Morale definitely needs to be boosted quickly before there's a complete collapse.

Talon

So, what are we going to do, boss?

GM Franchise

We're going to plan to win this week, that's what we're going to do. I also think a motivational speech to the entire team is in order.

Talon

GM Franchise

Sounds good.

*GM Franchise presses the intercom button on his desk to get Amelia's attention*

Amelia, can you send in the team, please. Thank you.

Talon

THE QUARTERBACKS ENTER THE ROOM TAKING UP THE ONLY FOUR OFFICE CHAIRS YOU HAVE IN YOUR SPACE, JOR GROANS AS HE REALIZES HE'S IN THE SQUEEKY CHAIR THAT RECLINES JUST A LITTLE BIT TOO FAR FOR COMFORT.

THE RUNNNING BACKS ENTER NEXT, FILLING IN ONE CORNER NEAR YOUR BOOKCASE FULL OF CLASSICS LIKE "DRAFT DAY FOR DUMMIES"   "THE BOOK OF THE LeBRON CUPBOARD"   "HOW TO CONVERT CRIMINAL ORPHANS INTO STAR BASKETBALL PLAYERS IN SIX EASY STEPS"   AND YOUR OWN BEST SELLER "THE CLUB LIFE: THE STORY OF GM FRANCHISE AND THE CHICAGO 6"

THE WIDE RECEIVERS COME IN NEXT, THE JACKSON BROTHERS STAND TOGETHER NEAR THE MOSTLY EMPTY TROPHY CASE OPPOSITE THE BOOKSHELVES IN THE ROOM,  THE REST OF THE RECEIVERS CRAM IN BETWEEN THE QB'S AND THE RB'S WHILE NICO FLIPS MAKES IT AWKWARD BY MAKING FART JOKES AND HUMMING BROADWAY TUNES TRYING TO START A SING A LONG.

THE TIGHT ENDS MAKE THEIR WAY INTO THE ROOM, WITH LITTLE SPACE TO CALL THEIR OWN THEY FILE IN BEGIND GM FRANCHISE STANDING BEHIND HIM LIKE A PRIVATE SECURITY DETAIL WITHOUT THE DAPPER SUITS.

ENTER THE HOGMOLLIES. ONE AFTER THE OTHER 300+ POUNDS OF MAN ENTERS THE ROOM, QUICKLY SPACE BEGINS BECOMES SCARCES AND SUDDENLY THE A/C BEING SET TO 74 SEEMS LIKE A MISTAKE...

"BIG SAMOA" LAG' SAVEA EYES A CHAIR OCCUPIED BY A QUARTERBACK, HIS BROW BEGINNING TO ACCUMULATE SWEAT, THE AIR IS BALMY AS 30 OF 53 TEAM MEMBERS PACK INTO THE OFFFICE MADE TO HOLD 4, MAYBE 5 GUESTS.. 

GM Franchise

Alright, alright, alright. Now that everybody is here I've got a few things to say. First of all, there's not bullshitting about it we've had an extremely rough start to the season. That said, I still believe in you. The fans believe in you too. This season for damn sure isn't over with, not by a long shot. I think...no, that's not the right word. I know we can win games and I'm confident we will start doing so this week against Michigan. I look out in front of me and I see heart. This team has a never say die attitude and it's going to translate into positives on the field very shortly. You are bad asses, each and every one of you. All it takes is one win and we will be kicking ass straight to the top once the momentum gets going. In life it's not how hard you get knocked down, it's how hard you get hit and keep coming after you get knocked down. We can do this, I believe in you all. It's time to show the entire league that the Barons ain't ones to be messed with. Let's go Barons!

Talon

THE OFFENSE SLOWLY EXIT, ONE BY ONE... AS THEY DO A RUCKUS IN THE HALLWAY CAN BE HEARD AS THE DEFENSE MAKES THEIR WAY IN...

THE FRONT SEVEN ENTER, YOUR RIDICULOUSLY SHALLOW POOL OF DEFENSIVE LINEMEN COME IN LOOKING EXHAUSTED OUTSIDE OF THE EXTREMELY TALENTED JEFFREY LILLEY WHO TAKES A LOOK IN THE MIRROR OF THE TROPHY CASE BEFORE SITTING DOWN.    YOUR POOR TWO-MAN DEFENSIVE TACKLE ROTATION HOBBLES IN AND FIND A CORNER TO LEAN IN WHILE THE LINEBACKERS PILE IN. RHETT PURDY COMPLAINS AS SHAQ CARRIER'S DREADS SMACK HIM IN THE FACE, MEANWHILE OTIS BANKS AND DAVID HENNESSEY LOOK AROUND THE ROOM AS IF THEY ARE ABOUT TO POCKET SOME OF YOUR TRINKETS FROM YOUR TRAVELS.

BASHAM AND GLASS LEAD THE DEFENSIVE BACKS INTO THE ROOM, UNKNOWNS LIKE ROB KOZLOWSKI AND THOMAS BONE LOOK AROUND LIKE IT IS THEIR FIRST TIME IN SUCH A PRESTIGIOUS PLACE, LITTLE BY LITTLE THE ROOM FEELS LIKE ITS MISSING THINGS... ALAS, THE PARADE OF PEOPLE CONTINUE AS FINALLY DONG ALEXANDER AND ANDREW VIEIRA ENTER IN THEIR GOLF CLOTHES.

GM Franchise

Okay defense, alright, alright, alright. I look at you all and I see no fear anywhere. I won't bullshit, we've had a roug( season. However I am not giving up and neither should you. Why? Becayce we can beat any team in this league. I look out in front of me and see nothing but hungry lions who see the opposition as nothing but prey. You are the lions and they are the deer. This season has had a bad start, yes, but that doesn't mean I dint see heart and courage when I see y'all. We are the most underrated team in this league. All we need Iis one win and we're good to go. We just need the mom to get it done. I believe in you smog I know you believe in yourselves. It doesn't matter in life how hard you get hit. What matters is his hard that you get hit and get back up. I believe in you and so do the fans. I believe you and wit/one win we can get the momentum going so we can win it all. Let's go Barons! I believe in you all! Let's do this!

Talon

GM Franchise

Hell yeah! I'm looking forward to seeing y'all kick Michigan's ass all over the field this week! Unleash hell! Absolutely bad asses! Good luck and I'll let you all get back to practice! Y'all are going to be some Milwaukee maulers on the field this week!

Talon

THE BARONS GO MARCHING ONE BY ONE, HURRAH!  HURRAH!

THE BARONS GO MARCHING ONE BY ONE, HURRAH!!!! HURRAH!!!!

THE BAROONS GO MARCHING ONE BY ONE, THE LAST ONE STOPS AND SAYS YOUR NUMBER ONE, AND THEY ALL GO MARCHING DOWN, TO THE FIELD, TO GET BACK, TO THEIR JOBS..... BUM BUM BUM BUM, BUM BUM BUM BUM.

GM Franchise

Amelia, can you send in Coach, please. Thank you.

---

The speeches seemed to go well. Let's see how this week goes and I'll base any moves we make on the outcome of this game. This is a big game so here's to kicking Michigan's ass this week! Go Barons!

Lock in.

GM Franchise

1. Discuss your weeks results (if you won, who deserves a game ball for their efforts?) (if you lost, who needs to step up to prevent another loss?) (if you had a bye-week, discuss a game that caught your eye)

"We lost to Michigan but it wasn't by much. That said this loss was frustrating as hell. We got more first downs than them, we put gained them 403 to 264, and we had 6.9 yards per rush. But even with all that and having a higher time of possession we lost. This is frustrating to see happen. We played great again but didn't outscore the opposition. They were 0 for 9 on third down and won. That just pisses me off. We outplayed them by a lot and lost. That shouldn't happen. Justin Haas was a beast, our kicking game was superb, and Carrier had the most tackles of anyone in the game. We lost so we all need to step up because we need to win every game at this point to have a shot at the playoffs."

2. Discuss any news that interested you, also what are some of the stats and/or stat leaders that have surprised you at the mid-point of the season?

"Our kicking game is elite. Both Vieira and Dong are at the top of the league. I am interested to see what Louisville does as well as what Rapid City does with their GM openings. I'm also surprised by a lot of the league leaders this season. The new guard is starting to take over so get ready for that to be the new normal."

3. Discuss your next opponent and game. What is your biggest advantage in this contest? (if you have a bye week, discuss what you hope to achieve this week)

"This week we play Charlotte. Going by the news this week, their offensive line is a weakness that we can exploit. They are 3-4 but are going to be hungry for a win after their loss last week. However I think we're hungrier and we have more to prove so we're coming at them with nothing fire and the will to win."

—-

"Coach, that was another tough loss. We literally dominated them yardage wise and held them in check on third down yet still lost. That one was frustrating as hell to watch. I hope we can start getting some wins and momentum starting this week."

Talon

Yeah me too, before big Red comes flying in and buzzes our towers..  I know I can't magically make things happen, but we sure could use some help at DT, even if its just league average. We have guys out there just out of gas having to play so many snaps.

Talon

Like in free agency, maybe a Brad Moanaroa, a vet like Douglas Cato, Ronald Robertson, David Miller... just some names that come to mind.

GM Franchise

I'm working on doing some trades and bringing in a DT will be a part of any trade that I make. That is my current top priority at the moment.

Talon

Good shit, I'll be down at the practice field, call me if you need me.

GM Franchise

Sounds good. I'm working on getting us a lot of ammo for the future. I hope we can use it to create an a Impact Bowl contender team. Hopefully it wires out.

—-

Amelia, can you get me in touch with Drew Leventhal please, thank you.

—-

Drew, nice talking with you again. I want to get Shaquille Carrier signed her long term. I think he's the best linebacker in the league and I'm wanting to pay him accordingly. I want to sign hi for a 4 year, $20MM per season contract extension fully guaranteed starting next season with a $1MM bonus for leading the league in tackles and another $1MM if he makes the All Star team. I believe ha can accomplish both of those goals. Does that work to get to done?

Talon

4 years, $20MM  lets make the 2 bonuses just normal bonus money so its 4 years, $20MM and $2MM bonus, that puts us closer to Larry Stevens money and keeps it simple.

GM Franchise

Sounds good to me. I'll league office it. Pleasure doing business with you as always.

Talon

Likewise, Franchise.

GM Franchise

I'll let you get back to your business. Again, nice doing business with you.

—-

Amelia, can you get me in touch with Bobby Shapiro please, thank you.

—-

Bobby, nice to speak with you again. The reason I'm contacting you is about your client Stephen Basham. A playoff contending team who is leading their division currently wants to trade for your client. I have a deal already in place with Vancouver that they sent me. They are offering a lot of picks to acquire your client Basham and given your client's fully guaranteed clause, he would have to wave his clause to go and play for them. Going by the current stats as of this week, they are a top ten rated defense and they feel that adding your client to their defensive unit would put them over the top as a playoff contender this season. Would that be something that you're interested doing as a trade to get your client a shot at the playoffs this season?

Talon

We will accept this trade. Thank you for coming to me first, obviously I appreciate you remembering our agreement.

GM Franchise

You're welcome. I didn't want to not speak with you before doing anything. I definitely hope it works out well for everyone involved. Pleasure doing business with you as always.

Talon

Well, if we survive the season, we've got pieces to rebuild now.

GM Franchise

Yes we do. That's very true and I'm hoping that it works out for us. We're set for the week minus reorganizing the rotation in the positions that we got new players in from this week's trades.

Talon

GM Franchise

Okay here's the updated rotations and the lock in information for this week. Go Barons!

Line-up rotation changes are as follows -

WR1- Chang Lam
LWR4- Nico Flips

WR2- Stefan Jackson
WR5- Bruce Seeley

WR3- David Clark
WR6- David Dodge

-

LT- Robert Love
LT2- William Pond

RT- Daniel Ford
RT2- Robert Dew

-

DT1- Oswaldo Stackhouse
DT3- Jacob Demarco

DT2- Morris Kennedy
DT4- Jacob Demarco

-

MLB1- Shaquille Carrier
MLB3- Octavio Muse
MLB2- Otis Banks

ROLB1- Kurt Dietz
ROLB2- Michael Story
ROLB3- Keith Blackburn

LOLB1- Roger Toliver
LOLB2- Keith Blackburn
LOLB3- Octavio Muse

-

CB1- Alfred Glass
CB4- James James

CB2- Tommy Corbin
CB5- Robert Kozlowski

CB3- Gene Griffith
CB6- James James

Lock in.

GM Franchise

1. Discuss your weeks results (if you won, who deserves a game ball for their efforts?) (if you lost, who needs to step up to prevent another loss?) (if you had a bye-week, discuss what piece of news was most surprising to you)

"That was a game we should've won to be honest but when you have three turnovers losing is what tends to happen. We also have up a safety which cost us the game. The other big difference in the game is they were able to run the ball, we weren't. That gave them the clock management boost and won them the game. Carrier and Dietz had amazing games. We also had a punt return Touchdown by Glass but it wasn't enough to win us the game. It's frustrating to see happen again. We're losing close games which is not good at all."

2. Discuss any news that interested you, what do you make of the recent GM moves around the league? (Cover your news first; then move on)

"Honestly I deserve to be on the hot seat. This season has not gone the way I had hoped. That said my hot seat is very thin so I'm expecting to feel the burn. As for the fans wanting JOR as the starter they may get their wish. We will discuss it internally but we have nothing to lose, I want to win. As for the GM movement this week I do like the moves. I think Gooch needed a fresh start and Cure was just off wandering around or something. I wish them both the best. I think there's some interesting things going on considering almost every team needs to trade to improve somewhere on their roster so I'm expecting a ton of moves to be made this week."

3. Rate your teams activity level this week when it comes to the Trade deadline, should fans have their notifications on for a big deal, or is it likely to be quiet?

"Expect more moves from us. As you can tell I'm not afraid to make big moves and accumulate enough to rebuild or upgrade if necessary. I'm not going to be quiet but that's the usual lately."

4. How safe do you feel you are right now, is your job secure?

"My job definitely isn't secure and that's the truth. I'm on a scorching hot seat but going to make the best of it and hoping to get us some wins in the next few games."

5. Discuss your next opponent and game. What is your biggest advantage in this contest? (if you have a bye week, discuss what you hope to achieve this week)

"This week we play Pearl Harbor who are competing for their division title and are on a three game winning streak. They're one of the teams to watch for the playoffs so they're coming in with a lot of Fire. That said we aren't going down without a fight and going to give them a close game. We need a win and I'm hoping it happens this week to get us some momentum going."

"Amelia, can I get the financial update so we're good to go for any trading this week, please. Thank you."

Talon

We have $630K  in salary and 3.75MM in bonus money.

GM Franchise

Awesome, thank you for that Amelia. You're doing a great job this season. Can you send in Coach Mombasa, please. Thank you.

—-

Coach, that was a bad loss. We should've won that game going by what I saw. The turnovers and safety killed us in that game.

Talon

Yeah... shit is sour as a gallon of milk left in the car on a July day in Texas.

GM Franchise

I think we need to bench RoMar at this point. It's been a bad season all around but a change is due at some point.

Talon

Yeah, he's not the QB he was when we were winning, and at some point we got to make a change or its our asses on the line.

GM Franchise

Our asses are on the line already so it's going to be JOR time starting this week. I'm going to look into doing some more trades as well.

Talon

Alright boss, good luck.

GM Franchise

Thanks! Are there any positions of need you'd like for me to address with the trades?

Talon

Honestly man?  We can improve anywhere and everywhere.. I'm not trying to be a bitch, but I just don't know what we need more or most

GM Franchise

Got it, I'll do what I can.

Talon

GM Franchise

Sounds good. I'll let you get back to practice.

—-

Amelia, can you get me in touch with LaVar Jackson please, thank you.

—-

LaVar, nice to speak with you again. I'm contacting you about your client Dong Alexander. I want to get him locked up long term because I think he's a fantastic kicker. My initial offer is 3 years, 3 million starting next season. Will that work to get it done?

Talon

Sorry, no can do my man.. The Big DONG is looking at top 10 Kicker money, and that is more like in the $5-7MM range.  DING DONG!

GM Franchise

You're right, $7 million should definitely work if that's good for you.

Talon

No shit?  Hell yeah boi, SEND IT.