MUSIC CITY KINGS [GM FRANCHISE]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 11:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

Princess, thank you for all of the information. I'm looking forward to a wonderful season. We're in need of coaches so my first order of business is that. Can you get me in touch with my old friend Giovanni Hill please, thank you.

—-

Giovanni, nice to talk with you again. You're my first and only call for head coach. I loved what you did when we worked together in Milwaukee as interim head coach there and I want you as permanent head coach here. Would 4 years for $15 million per season work?

Talon

I am excited to be here.  Let's talk about our coaching staff budget.

1 - Economy
We go cheap and young.  I shop in the young and up and coming coaching pools to fill all the jobs including coordinators; in the end we look at spending $3MM on offense and $5MM on defense.

2. Intermediate
We go strong at the coordinators but pretty young everywhere else (for the most part)  this package gets more experience in the bigger seats but costs more; so we'd be looking at $5MM on each side of the ball.

3. Top of the Line
We go after all the big fish we can land.  Whether we have to raid college, the PFL, whatever...  In the end though we just try to max out what we've got and put the best on the field to get the best out of our guys.. For us that's looking at $7MM on offense, $9MM on defense.

GM Franchise

Let's go with Intermediate. That way we're balanced on both sides of the ball this season with the coaching staff.

Talon

Alright, I'll get to work, jefe!

GM Franchise

Sounds good! I'm positive you'll find some great coordinators in the coaching pool.

GM Franchise

Princess, the team is coming together nicely already with the coaching staff hires. Let's continue that trend. Can you get me in touch with Bobby Shapiro please, thank you.

—-

Bobby, I'm interested in bringing your client G Valentin McGinnis back to Music City. My initial offer is 3 years for $3 million. Would that contract work for you and your client?

Talon

We're close big fella, bring it up to $4MM and we'll agree.

GM Franchise

Deal, pleasure doing business with you.

Talon

Hello GM Franchise,   I am Thomas Reese, the investigator looking into the recent allegations made against your boss.  Do you have a few minutes to answer a few questions?

GM Franchise

Sure, I have time to answer any questions that you have.

Talon

Have you spoke to Mr. King about the teams financial state? Excluding the salary cap.

GM Franchise

Nope, I have not discussed any of that with Mr. King.

Talon

Nothing?  Fair enough.  What are your thoughts on GM Gates?

GM Franchise

My thoughts on Gates are this. He's been the GM rep for a long time. That said I do think that, given that time frame he has had that title, he knows a lot of people. He also knows the ins and outs of the backstage dealings in this league. He is good at working deals so if there's anything going on nothing would surprise me. I've had no issues with him personally but there are murmurs that some GMs want a new GM rep. As for your previous question I just thought of this but perhaps talking with the previous GM here GM Bennett and his former staff would be a good idea. They were around here long enough to find out any info that you be looking for as part of your investigation.

Talon

I appreciate the recommendations, I have quite the list already but Ill make sure they are all on that list.

Take care, GM Franchise.

GM Franchise

You take care as well and good luck with your investigation.

Talon

Hi there, I've got us over the salary cap by $6.6MM and with $4.25MM in bonus heading into UFA.

GM Franchise

That sounds about right. The bonus is accurate, I have the same on my sheet. The rest should be accurate too minus the roster spots we need to fill.

Talon

Update: I didnt move Pulley to Charlotte on my books, so we are over the cap by 3.35MM

GM Franchise

Gotcha, we should be good to go now. My books match yours so we're set.

GM Franchise

Princess, can you get me in touch with the representation for WR Caleb Hamilton please, thank you.

---

Hello, I'm interested in signing your client UDFA WR Caleb Hamilton. Would a 1 year, 350K deal work to get him signed?

Talon

GM Franchise

Pleasure doing business with you.

—-

Princess, can you get me in touch with the representation for WR Douglas Boudreaux please, thank you.

---

Hello, I'm interested in signing your client UDFA WR Douglas Boudreaux. Would a 1 year, 350K deal work to get him signed?

Talon

GM Franchise

—-

Princess, can you get me in touch with the representation for FS Robert White please, thank you.

---

Hello, I'm interested in signing your client UDFA FS Robert White. Would a 1 year, 350K deal work to get him signed?

Talon

GM Franchise

—-

Princess, can you get me in touch with the representation for CB Joseph Chatman please, thank you.

---

Hello, I'm interested in signing your client UDFA CB Joseph Chatman. Would a 1 year, 350K deal work to get him signed?

Talon

GM Franchise

—-

Princess, can you get me in touch with the representation for CB Leo Askew please, thank you.

---

Hello, I'm interested in signing your client UDFA CB Leo Askew. Would a 1 year, 350K deal work to get him signed?

Talon

GM Franchise

—-

Princess, can you get me in touch with the representation for C Patrick Adams please, thank you.

---

Hello, I'm interested in signing your client UDFA C Patrick Adams. Would a 1 year, 350K deal work to get him signed?

Talon

GM Franchise

Princess, that should give us a completed roster for this upcoming season.

Talon

Full roster hun, but we're $5.42MM over the salary cap darlin..

Uh-uh-ohhhhh

GM Franchise

Yeah that's not good at all. I'll have to get a handle on that before we lock in.

GM Franchise

Princess, we'll be under cap now and I'll fill the last roster spot now. Can you get me in touch with the agent for UDFA TE Robert Gilbert please, thank you.

—-

Hello, I'm interested in signing your client UDFA TE Robert Gilbert. Would a 1 year, 350K deal work to get him signed?

Talon

My man, Robert Gilbert is a 34 year old, 13 year veteran.

GM Franchise

Oops, I looked at the sheet wrong I guess. That's my bad, just saw the error after I called you so that's on me. Would he take a 1 year, Vet Minimum 750K deal to play for us this season?

Talon

Half my age and half the salary... haha, yeah lets do it, you've got to get to camp anyways.

GM Franchise

Yes I do, haha. Pleasure doing business with you as always.

—-

Princess, we now are under cap with a full roster. I'll start working on our lock in sheet.

GM Franchise

MINI-CAMP ASSIGNMENTS GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK

OFFENSE:
Ben Griffin - Strength
Larry Ho - Strength
Stuart Calhoun - Arm Strength
James Jobe - Agility

DEFENSE:
Rocky Sharp - Conditioning
Erick Dollar - Agility
Milford McIntosh - Tackling
Robert White - Tackling

STRATEGY GM OR COACHES DECISION ON ANY/ALL

OFFENSE
Attitude: Balanced
Focus: Balanced
Tempo: Normal
Passing Focus: Balanced
Pass To: Outside
Primary Receiver: Peerless Adams
Third Down Back: Kenneth Kang
Goal Line Back: Kenneth Kang
Running Focus: Balanced
Running Backs Role: Balanced
Backfield by Committee?: No 
Tight End Focus: Mixed
QB Tuck and Run: Normal

DEFENSE
Attitude: Aggressive
Focus: Balanced
Primary Coverage: Mixed
D-Line Focus: Balanced
Linebacker Focus: Balanced
Player Radio: Shaquille Carrier
Match CBs to WRs?: Yes
Align Man Coverage?: Balanced

SUBSTITUTION LOGIC
Point Margin for Backup Package Coaches Decision
Sub Package Minimum Energy Coaches Decision
Sub Package Maximum Energy Coaches Decision

END OF GAME SCENARIOS
If Winning Run More
If Losing Pass Only

COUNTER STRATEGY (vs. offense gives your defense a boost to stop the selected type; vs. defense gives your offense a boost vs. selected defensive strategy)
Coaches Decision? Yes
vs. Offense Med Pass
vs. Defense Blitz

OFFENSE MASTER DEPTH CHART GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK (You may attach up to 3 additional Copies of this Chart for various "Packages" in your offense, the final package is strictly your back up players for substitutions - this is automatically set by your coaching staff)

PACKAGE NAME: Hail to the Kings

QB- James Barger
QB2- Tashaun Pate
QB3- Stuart Calhoun

RB1- Kenneth Kang
RB2- LiAngelo Jackson
RB3- Larry Ho
RB4- Edwin Jolley

FB1- Christopher Sanchez
FB2- Darren Huff

TE1- Logan Espinoza
TE2- Robert Gilbert
TE3- Fred Schonoover

WR1- Peerless Adams
LWR4- Homer Nation

WR2- Ryan Ryan
WR5- James Jobe
WR7- Douglas Boudreaux

WR3- Dennis Mulkey
WR6- Caleb Hamilton

LT- Juan Oher
LT2- Alden Mackey

LG- Timothy Espinoza
LG2- John O'Connor

C- Gary Sutton
C2- Ezequiel Hall
C3- Patrick Adams

RG- Valentin McGinnis
RG2- John O'Connor

RT- Ben Griffin
RT2- Alden Mackey

DEFENSE MASTER DEPTH CHART GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK (You may attach up to 3 additional Copies of this Chart for various "Packages" in your defense. The final package is strictly your back up players for substitutions - this is automatically set by your coaching staff)

PACKAGE NAME: Winter is Coming

DT1- Sammy Wyant
DT3- Rocky Sharp

DT2- Joshua Goodman
DT4- Rocky Sharp

RE1- Dale Bright
RE2- Leonardo Gilbert

LE1- William Donaldson
LE2- Leonardo Gilbert

MLB1- Shaquille Carrier
MLB2- Joseph Anderson

ROLB1- Michael Burger
ROLB2- Kent Harmon

LOLB1- Clayton Marvin
LOLB2- Milford McIntosh

CB1- Alfred Maggard
CB4- Windy Mills

CB2- Thomas Holt
CB5- Michael Comacho

CB3- Michael Montero
CB6- Joseph Chatman
CB7- Leo Askew

FS1- Rafael Caldwell
FS2- Robert White

SS1- Sean Burnett
SS2- Erick Dollar

SPECIAL TEAMS MASTER DEPTH CHART GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK

K- Bryan Weber
P- Arnold Jarrett

KR1- LiAngelo Jackson
KR2- Michael Montero
KR3- Homer Nation
KR4- James Jobe

PR1- Homer Nation
PR2- James Jobe

PLAY CALLING GM Chooses who calls plays, and assigns desired percentages if not left up to play calling coach

OFFENSE RUN/PASS RATIO

Play Caller: Head Coach
First and 10 - Coaches Decision
First and Short - Coaches Decision
First and Medium - Coaches Decision
First and Long - Coaches Decision

Second and Short - Coaches Decision
Second and Medium - Coaches Decision
Second and Long - Coaches Decision

Third and Short - Coaches Decision
Third and Medium - Coaches Decision
Third and Long - Coaches Decision

Fourth and Short - Coaches Decision
Fourth and Medium - Coaches Decision
Fourth and Long - Coaches Decision

Goal Line - Coaches Decision

Final 2 mins of half (w/ lead) - Coaches Decision
Final 2 mins of half (trailing) - Coaches Decision

DEFENSE BLITZ RATIO

Play Caller: Defensive Coordinator
First and 10 - Coaches Decision
First and Short - Coaches Decision
First and Medium - Coaches Decision
First and Long - Coaches Decision

Second and Short - Coaches Decision
Second and Medium - Coaches Decision
Second and Long - Coaches Decision

Third and Short - Coaches Decision
Third and Medium - Coaches Decision
Third and Long - Coaches Decision

Fourth and Short - Coaches Decision
Fourth and Medium - Coaches Decision
Fourth and Long - Coaches Decision

Goal Line - Coaches Decision

Final 2 mins of half (w/ lead) - Coaches Decision
Final 2 mins of half (trailing) - Coaches Decision

PR CAMPAIGNS  (OPTIONAL)

N/A

MUSICAL LICENSES (GM MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK)

1. Hell Of A Night by Dustin Lynch - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWVBRuGVlHI
Song used at start of the second half to hype up the team and the crowd

2. Enter Sandman by Metallica - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD-E-LDc384
Song played at the start of the game

COIN TOSS PREFERENCE

Heads
Defer

Lock in.

Talon

MAN! I feel like some football!

GM Franchise

I feel like some football too, Princess! Can you send in Coach Hill please, thank you.

—-

Coach, I like how the team is looking on paper. We've got some young talent on offense and the the defense looks really good. Overall how did training camp go? Any issues that need to be addressed before our first game of the season?

Talon

No red flags coming out of camp, thankfully.

GM Franchise

That's definitely good news. Were there any standouts from training camp that might need to be moved up on the depth chart before this week's game?

Talon

I think we're good.

GM Franchise

Sounds good to me. I'll leave the depth chart the same. Let's lock in and kick some ass this week!

Player rotations: Mostly starters
Playcalling: Coaches Decision
Game Plan: Coaches Decision
Strategy: Coaches Decision.
Strategy Changes: Coaches decision.

Lock in.

Talon

WEEK 1 PRESS QUESTIONS

1. Discuss your performance and result for week 1. What were some sustains, and what were some improvements going into week 2?

2.  Coming out of training camp and now seeing the team in week 1, what should fans expect to see this year from your club?

3. Did any news catch your eye this week?

4. Discuss your next opponent and game.

GM Franchise

WEEK 1 PRESS QUESTIONS

1. Discuss your performance and result for week 1. What were some sustains, and what were some improvements going into week 2?

We played well even though we lost in a competitive game this week. I wanted to win this game but it just wasn't in the cards. What cost us was penalties, time of possession, and letting them get first downs that wasted the clock down. I was impressed overall with what I saw. The offense was able to move the ball and the defense caused three fumbles only one of which we recovered but we did get an interception. Barger looked good leading the offense and Carrier was elite on defense per usual.

2.  Coming out of training camp and now seeing the team in week 1, what should fans expect to see this year from your club?

Expect a competitive team. We've got all the tools to make a playoff push. We just need to put it together and get some wins. I can't wait for thr divisional games because we'll see how we stack up against our division rivals when that happens.

3. Did any news catch your eye this week?

Bruiser Elliott getting six sacks against Charlotte and Wilkinson getting seven sacks against Dallas stood out. Those are crazy stats and if we play them it'll be a big test for our offensive line. Dario making a 60 yard field goal was a surprise considering made a low percentage of kicks last season. The blow out wins by Bay Area and Wisconsin also stood out.

4. Discuss your next opponent and game.

This week we play Seattle who are coming off a loss to the defending Champs. We have to win this game to avoid an 0-2 start. I'm confident we can do that with how we played week one. I believe in the Kings and we're heading in a positive direction this season.

Talon

Not how either you or I wanted to start against Milwaukee, but we can't dwell on it either.