MUSIC CITY KINGS [GM FRANCHISE]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 11:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

That's true. I think we played well even with the loss. The offense moved the ball and the defense held them in check most of the game. I think if we continue what we're doing we should be fine. Were there any areas of concern that you noticed thar we need to get fixed heading into week 2?

Talon

Not yet, I think it's a wait and see thing, we need a bigger sample size.

GM Franchise

Agreed about that. I think we'll see where we're at in a few weeks. Barger looked good out there which bodes well for us since he's our long term quarterback. What are your initial impressions about Barger after training camp and Week 1?

Talon

He is a very smart QB.  Not a deep ball guy, he can throw it from time to time, but his bread and butter is going to be in the short or medium game.  Smart and developing his accuracy with better footwork.  If we build a solid foundation around him we could see success, he looks like a very talented game manager.

GM Franchise

That sounds like a good long term game plan. I agree, with the right personnel around him he'll be the leader that will take this team to the championship in the future. Let's lock in, I'm confident we can rebound against Seattle.

Player rotations: Mostly starters
Playcalling: Coaches Decision
Game Plan: Coaches Decision
Strategy: Coaches Decision.
Strategy Changes: Coaches decision.

Lock in.

GM Franchise

1. What stood out to you about your team this week, any surprise performances good or bad?

"We had a great team victory this week. The offense, defense, and special teams all showed up for us in this win. Barger played tremendously this week with his five touchdown performance. We got great performances by Ryan, Adams, and Marvin. The only thing I saw that was concerning was allowing seven sacks. Other than that we looked really good."

2. Discuss any news that interested you. (Cover your news first; then move on)

"Dario missed the game winner this week. Now I'll be very interested in if the league drug tests him again after that like they did after he hit the game winner week one. Nobody thought that Lincoln against Rapid City would be between two 0-2 teams. The loser will be in big trouble going forward in my opinion. Lots of trading options for QBs from how it sounds. San Antonio will be in trouble if they aren't careful even after a trade. QB health will be a hot button issue for them. Sounds like there's a Reality King in the league. Now if he really was the Iing he'd go win it all this season so he can literally call himself King. Just my take on that."

3. Talk about your next match up, how do you win this game?

"This week we play Myrtle Beach. They have the running combo of Haas and McGehee combined with their Quarterback Winston. I think we can win if we shut down their run game. They have two backs that can wear down a defense. We do that and control the clock then we can win this game."

—-

That was a great team victory, Coach. We looked good in all areas and controlled the game from start to finish. Barger dominated that game which is a trend I hope continues in our game this week.

Talon

That builds a lot of confidence! I love it!

GM Franchise

I love it too! I think once everything gels we're going to be a formidable team. Other than the sacks we gave up we kicked ass overall. I think we'll be able to continue the momentum this week.

Talon

Myrtle Beach are still trying to put things together and get on the same page, we definitely have to feel like we have an advantage going into their house.

GM Franchise

I agree about that. I think we have an advantage going in after how we played against Seattle. Do we need to make any adjustments to the pass protection or are we good to go?

Talon

I think we're good for right now, not much we can change in house.

GM Franchise

Okay let's lock in for Myrtle Beach. Time to show them who the true Kings of the HIFL are!

Lock in.

GM Franchise

Another great team win for us! Barger led the offense brilliantly yet again. The defense had solid all around play as well. We're playing as a team and winning as a team which bodes well for us this season. Our opponents this week could learn from that considering they've had a kitchen fire going on this week. If we keep doing what we're doing we will win again this week. No need to deviate from what we've been doing. Our players and coaches have been superb so far this season. Continuing to play as a team and we will be 3-1 after this week. I'm confident our success will continue long term and this will be the norm in Music City from now on.

Talon

Throwing up the 'W" baby.

GM Franchise

Hell yeah! With St. Paul imploding right now we've got a good chance to continue that trend this week.

Talon

Absolutely.  A St. Paul without Kitchen, is ripe for an upset.

GM Franchise

Yes they are! Maybe we'll just warm things up around here and put the league on notice that the Kings are for real. It's time to lock in and kick some ass!

Lock in.

GM Franchise

1. Talk about the results of your game this week. (if you were on bye, talk about your bye week)

"Another great win for us and a dominating one at that! We played a great overall team game which led to an overwhelming victory despite losing Barger to injury. Pate played amazing in this game as did Kang, Jackson, Adams, and Ryan. The entire defense played tremendously throughout the game. They held McNasty to 14 yards rushing and controlled the game. Weber was clutch with the field goal kicking and the entire special teams was fabulous as well. Props to Bright and Jackson on their player of the game awards as well. This was a great victory for the team. Congratulations to the players and coaching staff for the hard fought victory."

2. After 4 weeks, is the team performing as expected, and where do you feel you need to improve most?

"The team is performing as expected, probably exceeding expectations in my opinion. However my expectations were higher than the medias most likely so the team is doing fantastic. I think we need to get the run game going like we did this week against St. Paul every week going forward. We do that and we can put up even more points on average per game. We're top five in points scored in the league already so we'll be top tier if that happens."

3. We are getting into trade season, are you one who would like to get a deal done before the flurry at the deadline, or do you prefer to wait?   ...Also do you see yourself as a buyer or seller this season?

"I'm not a buyer or a seller. I don't like doing trades unless I have to or to rebuild like last season in Milwaukee to accumulate all the picks they had in the draft this season. The team is playing fantastic right now and if it's not broken there's no need to fix it. The only way I'm doing any trade is if it's an offer I can't refuse for a megastar. Other than that there's no reason for us to make any moves unless the Coach has any positions he'd like me to upgrade or add depth to. Other than that I likely won't be doing any trading."

4. Rumor has it the HIFL and PFL have quietly discussed a trade window, what is your opinion on that possibility?

"Rumors are just that, rumors. No need to have an opinion about it unless it actually happens."

5. How much stock do you put into International Football, is the IFAF something you pay much attention to?

"I definitely am paying attention to it and the players in it. I'm looking to set up something long term here and international players will be a part of that future team growth as well."

6. Talk about this week (your upcoming game or bye week plans)

"This week we play the DC Cobras in a battle of 3-1 teams. Going by the team records in our conference we are two of the top three teams record wise along with Miami who is also 3-1. We need to win this game to keep our competitive advantage in the playoff race in the conference and in our divisional race as well considering we're only a game ahead of both Atlanta and Charlotte in the standings with games coming up against both of those teams. This is going to be a close, competitive game between two solid teams. Strategy and clock management will determine the outcome of the game. I think it's going to be decided by 3 points or less and I'm confident we will be on the winning end again this week to extend our winning streak."

7. Talk about any other news if you would like (optional)

"I was going to be real low key but there's a lot of material to crack on this week. The Lynx are a mess and need to get that sorted out before they do a tribute to GM Wayne and end up in the cellar with his team. Until they get the Kitchen fixed they are going to be in trouble, bottom. That said if what Kitchen said is true then he has every right to file a grievance and karma came with us kicking their ass this week. Props to Max Ramos for keeping it real on the sidelines as it relates to this. Vegas vs. Tucson is going to be a major showdown. However I feel everyone is sleeping on Music City vs. DC. So keep overlooking us, we'll make you pay for it when it matters most this season and so will DC. The South Pacific has some bad ass teams in it. The divisional race and the playoff implications it has are going to effect that entire conference this season. The Pride need to do like what I did last season and sell to reload for next season. Get as many picks as possible and hope the GM isn't traded by the owner like what happened to me last season. However it's working out very nicely for me right now and Music City is kicking some ass right now so it'll all work out. I hope Meek is healthy because I don't want any excuses from either team this week. I want DC to play us at full strength so the players and the fans get the game that's as good as I feel it will be. Santos Pond had a legendary game this week. The London Bridge will surely fall down if he repeats his two fumble performance this week. Talon Wilkinson II is dominating this season. It would be a shame if anything was found on those 'random' drug tests. He is in Vegas after all so anything is possible. Lots of quarterbacks are being injured this season. That's definitely something to keep an eye on. There's a few GMs that need to be on the hot seat for sure. Some of them definitely were not expected to be there this season but alas here we are and they'll likely be in the news stories in the next few weeks going by my experience with being on the hot seat last week."

Talon

GM Franchise

Hell yeah! I'm loving how this season is starting. We have a big test this week against DC. Whoever wins will be tied for thr conference lead with Miami, if they win, after this week so this is a big game for us.

Talon

Damn right.  They're a pass heavy team and they've shown some big play vulnerability on defense so we might have a few chances to bust one open, we just can't afford to miss those shots.

GM Franchise

That's very true! We'll have to focus on keeping their pass game under control. We do that and control the clock we can win this game. I saw the news story about the trading that's going to be starting up. Are there any positions we need to shore up or are we good as is? I think we're good to go but I figured I'd ask considering all of the injuries going on in the league right now.

Talon

Your call man, I coach and you GM.

Talon

GM Franchise

That's true. Let's keep doing what we're doing. I think we're in good shape. I might contact our IFAF affiliate about adding some players to our international practice squad next week but this week my focus is on DC. Let's show the league this week that we're not messing around.

Strategy Changes: Coaches Decision.

Lock in.

GM Franchise

1. Talk about the results of your game this week. (if you were on bye, talk about your bye week)

"This one hurts. We got outscored 13-0 in the second half and lost despite having both players of the game on our team. Peerless Adams played a tremendous game and Dale Bright played great but in the end it wasn't enough. Going 2/15 on third down and losing the time of possession battle cost us this game. We will make up for it this week."

2. Talk about any news that involves your team.

"I saw Adam's comments and I will remind him that they are a division rival. Our goal should be to destroy every team in this division to make the playoffs not to give them compliments. We're on a tough part of our schedule but I feel we are still the favorites even after the changes made in Atlanta."

3. Talk about any other news if you would like (optional).

"There was a butterfly effect of trades after the Bennett move. I guess it pays not to piss off agents in this league. I'm glad we don't have to deal with any Real Moms reality show nonsense here. It sounds like Jessica Woods knows how to party. She might have to join up with the Franchise Party Crew going by that news story. There sure are a lot of trade rumors this week. Hopefully GMs don't get greedy but that's asking a little too much. Sydney is kicking ass and has nothing to worry about. Seattle has bigger problems than the ones on the field from how it sounds."

4. Talk about this week (your upcoming game or bye week plans)

"This week we're playing Vancouver. I think this game will be another test for our team and a test we must pass to show that we're the real deal. They're also 3-2 which makes this a big game for both teams. We can win this game and I believe we will win this game."

5. Anything else you'd like to discuss?

"Nope, I'm just focused on getting us to 4-2 and taking control of our destiny in the divisional race as well as the playoff race."

Talon

Tough loss, but we can bounce back.

GM Franchise

I agree. I think we can give Vancouver a fight and win this week if we control the clock.

Talon

I agree with your agreement.

GM Franchise

That Carrier quad injury is going to hurt us on defense. I'll let you get to practice.

---

Princess, can you send in James Barger please, thank you.

---

James, I wanted to check in on how you were doing with the injury. You've played great this season so far and I can't wait to see you kicking ass on the field again soon.

Talon

It was feeling a little better, but I had a little too much fun with my lady friend and the position I was in put extra strain on my knee I guess and it started hurting pretty bad.. docs say I am only 50/50 to go this week.

GM Franchise

It's all good. I've had that injury happen to me in the past with some of my ladies. We definitely have similar interests as far as the ladies go so that's a good thing. Hopefully you'll be playing but if not you should be good to go soon. Keep doing what you're doing and you're going to be an elite quarterback in this league. I believe in you, you're going to lead this team to glory more sooner than later.

Talon

I appreciate it boss.  Take care of those knees, I bet you're swimmin' in it here in Nashville.

GM Franchise

I definitely am. Between here and Vegas I'm on fire with the ladies. I hope you get better and keep the ladies happy without the injuries. I'll let you get back to things.

—-

Princess, can you send Coach back in again, thank you.

Coach, let's lock in for the week. It's time to show the league that we're the Kings of HIFL!

Strategy Changes: Coaches Decision.

Lock in.

GM Franchise

There's no sugar coating it, that was a really bad game for both teams. We just ended up on the losing end of it. We started inside the 20 six times during the game so bad field position was definitely a factor. Two interceptions didn't help matters either. We can win and we will win after this rough patch. Barger and Carrier both being injured at the same time is definitely hurting us. However Barger is returning soon so I'm not panicking. We will be back to our winning ways more sooner than later. We were 3-1 before the injury so expect something similar in the next few weeks when both of them are back on the field. In my opinion we're still in good shape all things considered and I'm proud of how the team has been doing. This week we play Atlanta and it's a game we should win. I'm confident we'll get another divisional victory this week.

—-

Coach, that was an ugly loss. It seemed like nothing was going or way until near the end when we had that touchdown drive. I'm hoping we can rebound this week.

Talon

We've got Barger back, Shaq being on the shelf makes life hard on defense, but we our defense is quietly elite right now.  3rd in points allowed, 2nd in yards allowed, 9th in pass defense, and 6th in run defense. 

GM Franchise

Oh yeah, we're definitely looking good. The fact we're still under the radar bodes well for us right now. If we win this week we just need to keep pace with Charlotte and we'll be in very good shape going forward.

Talon

GM Franchise

Keep kicking ass, Coach. I'll let you get back to practice.

---

Princess, can you send in Peerless Adam's please, thank you.

---

Peerless, you've been playing great this season. Great job on the touchdown catch in the fourth quarter against Vancouver and keep up the good work. It is not going unnoticed.

Talon

Thanks man, trying to ball out even when Bargy was out, I want to be the #1 receiver in this league, top 5 is nice, but Im coming for #1.  Keep throwing it up and Ill keep bringing it down

GM Franchise

I think you will be very soon. You for sure have that ability and with Barger back this week it's not a matter of if you'll be the #1 receiver in the league but when will it happen. I'm thinking by the end of the season going by what I'm seeing so far this season. Again keep up the good work and I'll let you get back to practice.

---

Princess, can you send Coach back in please, thank you.

---

Coach, we're ready to kick some Atlanta ass this week. It's clobbering time!

Lock in.

GM Franchise

I'm not going to lie, that was a tough loss. We played them well in almost every statistical category except for rushing yards and time of possession. Those two categories cost us the game. Rushing offense and defense will definitely be priorities to look at because if we can't run the ball and we can't stop the other team from running the ball we're going to be in big trouble the rest of this season. That's the bottom line about this game.

Now apparently a war between the HIFL and the PFL started because GM Rebel didn't do his homework. Now if this fool, who's a conference rival of ours, only gets a slap on the wrist for this chaos then it's a travesty of justice. So we're at war but we're also in clown world right now especially with the Division GM representatives being selected and GM Kirk not being selected. Kirk would literally be gold in this situation but instead the cowards choose Gooch. If you want a war send in Kirk, bottom line. That's my opinion about that and it's the right one.

Talon

Darlin!  You better get a look at this!  Ryan Ryan has been offered a deal to sign with the PFL!

GM Franchise

Fuck the PFL. We'll match or exceed any offer those wussies offer any of our players.

Talon

I think they paid one guy $40MM this off-season.. maybe we should talk to him first?

GM Franchise

Yes, I'll talk to him first. And whatever team is going after him I will literally go out of my way to poach players from them as often as possible if he leaves. But yes, before I digress and go on a diatribe about this, let's get him on the phone. Thank you, Princess.

Talon

This is Ry-Ry, go!

GM Franchise

Hey Ry-Ry, I heard that you got an offer from a PFL franchise. I just wanted to talk and find out what's going on with that.

Talon

The PFL is low on upper class WRs... they have a ton of QBs but the receiver market is ... meh.   So I'm getting offered $15MM per season to go join one of their clubs.  I can pick whichever team I want, basically.

GM Franchise

Are you interested in doing that or do I need to talk to your agent to give you a better long term deal than what they are offering?