MUSIC CITY KINGS [GM FRANCHISE]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 11:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

Another great overall team victory for us. The defense is playing at an elite level and Peerless Adams is breaking as many records as ankles he's breaking on the field. We're also right back into the wild card playoff race which I'm very happy about. We're catching fire at the right time this season and I'm loving it! Kang and Carrier being injured isn't good but other than that we're looking good especially with Charlotte losing. Adams is going to break the record, I'm positive about that. I'm also positive that Barger knows all of the good bars on Broadway in Nashville and I'll definitely be hitting some of them up very soon. But before the drinking, dancing, music, and women business is the priority. This week our business is Michigan and securing another win to keep our pace in the Wild Card race. This is a must win game for us. Looking ahead we will need at least three wins in games against them, Salt Lake, Cleveland, Portland, and Charlotte get into the playoffs. I'm confident we can get that done and bring the crown to the Kings of Music City for the first time. Bring on the gauntlet, we're ready.

—-

Coach, fantastic job again this week! The team is firing on all cylinders at the right time of the season. We're playing our best football right now which is fantastic at this point in the season. Four out of the five teams we play are in the playoff race of their respective conferences so every win matters.

Talon

No doubt about it.  We have a good chance to take the division if we keep playing this way, and with our defense and with Peerless' ability outside, any team will be afraid of us

GM Franchise

I agree. I think they all should be worried about us and your coaching is a big part of that. Let's go kick some Monster ass and get another win! Unite the realm!

Player rotations: Mostly starters
Playcalling: Coaches Decision
Game Plan: Coaches Decision
Strategy: Coaches Decision.
Strategy Changes: Coaches decision.

Lock in.

GM Franchise

Another great overall team victory for us. It was a close game but we came through with the victory. We were down but came back, showed some heart, and got the victory. Adams was on fire again too! He didn't score a touchdown this week but still continued his record setting pace and in my opinion he will shatter the receiving yards record. Now speaking of that I heard what GM Fosters said and we'll definitely be using his comments as bulletin board material. He's talking a lot of snack for a guy who's team tied last week and isn't in the playoff picture. Bottom line, our defense will shut them down while the passing game makes him regret his comments about Adams and 'decent defenses.' The defense was lights out yet again. That said, we've been a top team with fewest points against all season and that trend continued against Michigan. It's going to need to continue these last four weeks to get us into the playoffs. By my count there's five or six teams fighting over the wild card spots plus two tight divisional races. We need every win we can get and I think we're going to get in. I'm proud of the team and how they've been playing. We've won four games in a row for a reason. We've got a lot of momentum going on and four huge games in a row. Firstly we've got Salt Lake this week. After that we've got Portland, Cleveland, and then Charlotte to end the season. I'm not sweating any of those teams, they've all been good playing good this season. The only thing is they've got to play us and it's time the Kings got crowned as the champions. Unite the realm!

—-

Coach, amazing job again this week. The team is playing like a well oiled machine at the right time. We've got some big games coming up and with the playoff race being so close we're going to need to get every win we can. We win this game and I believe we're definitely in business especially if some of these other wild card contending teams lose this week.

Talon

That punk GM Fosters wants to say that his corners will keep Peerless out of the end zone; I plan to prove him very, very wrong.

GM Franchise

That would be perfect. I think he needs to be knocked down a peg or two. They always forget about Ryan Ryan too. He's also top ten in the league in catches and probably in yards too, if not he's close. Let's make them pay!

Talon

I'm ready when you are.  Time to kick some ass.

GM Franchise

I was born ready. It's time to kick some Renegade ass!

Lock in.

GM Franchise

1. Talk about this weeks game and result.

"Another great team victory for us. We got a game winning touchdown by Dennis Mulkey with under a minute to play that kept our winning streak going. Adams and Ryan both had big games. Weber was clutch with the field goals and the defense locked them down this week. This season has been fantastic so far. We just need to win these last three big games and we'll for sure be playoff bound this season."

2. With three games to play, what are you expecting to see from your club?

"I'm expecting to see more of the same, the offense being clutch and the defense locking down the opposition. We do that and we will win games. We've proven that we can win close games which is a good thing. The playoff race is tight with a lot of teams still in it so every win counts. We keep doing what we're doing and we're in. We've got an extra win as a cushion too so they have to win to keep up with us. Portland is a tough team and a division leader currently as are Cleveland and Charlotte who we play the last two weeks. We have one of the toughest schedules remaining out of any team in the league but I believe in this team and the playoffs are on the horizon. I'm confident we will make it into the playoffs this season."

Talon

The road's not easy, Jefe, but we have the chops to score when it matters and we have the defense to shut down anyone in our way.  Imagine if we had a killer run game to go with it.

GM Franchise

That's the off-season priority, finding us a top level back to steamroll through the defenses. Once we get that killer run game added to what we've got right now we'll be a monster. The road isn't easy but I think we can beat all three of those teams or at minimum two. That should get us in the playoffs especially if one of the wins is over Cleveland who also is on a winning streak like we are.

Talon

That's right.  We take care of our business and we are not only in the playoffs, but a division Champion.  We have to take care of business against Charlotte but right now its all eyes on Smarter Football.

GM Franchise

Yep, that's straight up facts right there. Let's make smarter football look like dumber football this week. Do what we do and we win again this week. It's time to kick some ass!

Lock in.

GM Franchise

The win streak continues with a big win over Smarter Football. Kang came back and in a big way with two touchdowns for us. Carrier was back and was a force in the field yet again. Adams, Ryan, and Mulkey were fabulous. Adams is on fire right now and Mulkey has been clutch the last few weeks, it hasn't gone unnoticed. The defense is playing at an elite level and every player on the roster is doing amazing this season. That said, the job's not finished. We're not in the playoffs yet and that is our goal but to get there we have to play two division winners including Cleveland this week who are also on a six game win streak. To be honest, I respect them and what they're doing right now. This is a game of the year cabinet. If we keep doing what we've been doing we will win. With our run game catching fire, we need to keep the passing attack going and the defense locking down opponents. Coach Blitzer is a master strategist that should never be underestimated. However the same can be said for Coach Hill and the job he's done this season. This game will be a chess match and may the best team win. That said, I'm confident that we will win again this week and make it seven in a row. It's time to unite the realm!

—-

Coach, amazing job against Portland. We smoked them but this week it's a totally different animal. Cleveland is no joke and someone's win streak is going to end. They're playing at a high level right now and I think we're the team that can beat them. We need this win to get in the playoffs and that motivation gives us the edge.

Talon

Absolutely.  We have to limit Fields and we need Barger to keep up his great season.  Peerless should be the difference.

GM Franchise

I agree with that. I'm confident Barger is up to the task and limiting Fields will be the key. I'm sure the defense will be up to the task especially with Carrier back. Cleveland is no joke, this is our biggest game of the season so far. Let's lock in and unleash hell! Go Kings!

Lock in.

GM Franchise

That was a tough loss. We lost in the last minute of the game to, in my personal opinion, the best team in the Eastern Conference. They proved how good they are by beating Miami and us consecutively so that's enough to prove that. That said, we've got some injuries and we need to defeat Charlotte to get in. Their GM is checked out already. He threw a Kindergarten temper tantrum last week and let's hope to repeat that after we defeat then this week. I believe in this team and you should too. Win and we're in, we thrive under pressure. We've had the toughest route to the playoffs of any team in the East. Let's smoke 'em, cook 'em, and make a run for the Impact Bowl. Unite the realm!

---

Coach, tough loss but we lost to the best in this conference. However I want a playoff rematch. We can beat them. The injuries at tackle are my only worry at this point.

Talon

Yeah.. Injuries are starting to become a problem, might need to see if we can afford to sign Will Fulcher or Dwight Skinner?

GM Franchise

Sounds good. I did a lite bit of research and I found a Will Fulcher who's a LB on Cancun. Is that the Fulcher you were thinking of or is it another player with the same name? Figured I'd check before calling an agent.

Talon

Different Will Fulcher.   This guy is a OT, repped by Bobby Shapiro.

GM Franchise

Copy, I'll get on that right now. I'll let you get back to practice.

---

Princess, can you get me Bobby Shapiro on the phone please, thank you.

---

Bobby, nice to talk with you again. I'm calling about your client OT William Fulcher. Would he sign with us for the rest of the season on a vet minimum contract?

Talon

BOBBY AGREES TO YOUR TERMS

GM Franchise

Pleasure doing business with you as always.

---

Princess, can you send Coach Hill back in please, thank you.

---

Coach, I got Fulcher signed so we're definitely good to go.

Talon

Win and we are in.  All there is to it.   Division Champions or bust.

GM Franchise

Hell yeah! We've got this! Let's win this and make a run in the playoffs! Go Kings Go!

Lock in.

GM Franchise

The waiting is over, the time is at hand! The HIFL playoffs are here and we are the division champions this season! I'm ecstatic and I'm sure the fan base is too after our home overtime win over Charlotte. Also congratulations to Peerless Adams on the triple crown and the receiving records that he shattered this season. In fact congratulations to the entire team, the coaching staff, and the entire organization on a highly successful season. That said, the job's not finished yet and we have to play Charlotte again this week at home. I'm not taking them lightly or underestimating them after how the game went this week. Vardy had way too much running for my liking but we had 21 first downs to their 11 and had only 3 penalties to their 13 which was the difference in the game. The defense was elite as usual and our receivers were dominant with Barger being clutch once again for us. We repeat that performance, limit Vardy's running ability, and we will win again over them this week. I'm proud of this team and I'm confident that we will make it far into the playoffs. Go Kings Go!

—-

Coach, phenomenal job this season and congratulations on getting the team to the playoffs. The team was clutch this week which got us the victory. We're at home against Charlotte again which bodes well for us. I want to start a revenge tour this playoffs because Charlotte, DC, and Cleveland all have wins over us this season. Let's use that as motivation to kick their asses this post season!

Talon

The Revenge Tour.  Consider me signed up. Any changes to make?

GM Franchise

Unless you think any are needed, no. What we're doing is working with the player rotation, strategy, and everything else. If it's not broken, no need to fix it.

Talon

Orale!  Lets punch our ticket to the divisional round.

GM Franchise

Hell yeah! They'll probably try to lock down Adams but we've got Ryan and Mulkey who've been clutch all season too so we're good on offense. On defense we need to close the running lanes and watch for short to medium passes. That's what they excel at. Both games against them have been decided by 3 points. Let's eliminate that option and make them eat some crow. Unleash hell! Go Kings!

Lock in.

GM Franchise

That was a great team victory for us! Going up 17-0 early in the game was huge for us and we didn't put the foot off the gas pedal after that. That was one of the biggest victories in the history of this team. Defeating our division rivals the Crows makes it even sweeter! Barger was great as usual, the receivers were fantastic as usual, Kang had his best game of the season, Weber was clutch with the kicking, and the defense was amazing again. Coach Hill and his coaching staff did an amazing job as usual. This was a fantastic win for us and gives us a ton of momentum going into the Divisional Round against Miami. Miami is the number one seed for a reason. Patton has been great all season, Crews is a top three running back, Little had over a thousand yards receiving, and their defense is no joke. This is our biggest game of the season and we're treating it as such. Job's not finished until we bring home the championship. They are a high powered team but they can beat just like any other team. Bring it on, it's time to show everyone we're not messing around this season. Unite the realm, Go Kings Go!

—-

Coach, amazing job this week! The team played great from start to finish! That was a huge win for this team but the job's not finished yet. Miami is the top team in the conference and has a championship pedigree. I think it's time we flipped the script and beat them in their home stadium.

Talon

We have the team to beat them.  Lets do it, Güey!

GM Franchise

Coach, unleash hell on them. Attack their weaknesses, lock them down on defense, and let the receivers control the game. We do what we've been doing and we'll win again. Go Kings Go!

Lock in.

GM Franchise

1. Talk about this weeks game, what went wrong?

"That was a tough loss for us. We got down 21-0 early and couldn't recover after that. Two interceptions and The General taking over did us in. Crews had a big game for them too. Not happy with the Barger situation. It reflects badly on the team and the organization so I apologize for it. We'll handle the incident internally. Congratulations on Miami on the win, hopefully they go all the way. We had a great season and exceeded expectations in all areas. Congratulations to the entire player roster, coaching staff, organization staff, and everyone working for the organization on a great season. Everyone did great this entire season and the team wouldn't have gotten as far as it did without all of them. Winning the division championship was a big deal for this team but I want more. We're gunning for the Impact Bowl and the job's not finished until we get it."

2. What was the best moment for you this season?

"The two wins in a row over Charlotte. We won the Division Championship and a playoff game so those tied for best moment of the season. Those were the games that defined our season. Honorable mention goes to the six game win streak."

3. Who was your teams MVP this season?

"Peerless Adams winning the Triple Crown of Receiving was a huge moment in league history. He's the MVP of the team and possibly for the league as well. If he doesn't win any Awards this season then it's a travesty of justice in my opinion."

4. How would you evaluate your coaches performance this season?

"A+, they all did fantastic. Coach Hill is the best coach in the league in my opinion. Both in Milwaukee last season and here this season the teams have been elite with him at the helm. The receivers were elite on offense because of the coaching and the defense as a whole was the best in the league. Our special teams play improved this season as well. The coaches did an amazing job this season."

5. How would you evaluate your own performance this season?

"I'd give myself an A. I got Adams and multiple defensive players on long term contracts. We also won a division title and a playoff game. Rating myself lower than an A after that would be dumb."

6. (if you are on an expiring contract)  Do you expect to be back next season, with this club?

"Yes, I do. We're winning it all and nothing will stop that from happening. This season is only the beginning."

7. What is your biggest take away from this season?

"The biggest takeaway is the defense was playing elite and I need to keep it as intact as possible. The receiving core is elite but they're all on multi-year contracts so we can build around them."

8. What was this team missing?

"We definitely were missing a run game most of the season. We need to improve on that next season to take it to the next level. Injuries to Barger midseason and to the o-line late also hurt us. Getting depth on offense similar to the depth we have on defense is the key to taking this team to the next level."

Talon

"What do you say to critics who claim this is GM Bennett's team and the success isn't really yours?"

GM Franchise

I would tell the critics to check out the moves I've made. First of all signing Coach Hill was easily a top three coaching move this off-season, possibly the best coaching hire in the opinion some of those same critics. Secondly I made an under the radar preseason trade with Vancouver that bolstered the depth on defense and I drafted a kicker that improved the team's kicking accuracy after it was second worst in the league last season which cost this team games. Thirdly this team didn't make the playoffs the last three seasons in a row before I got here but I'm sure they didn't factor that in with their criticism. I repeat, three seasons in a row without making the playoffs before my arrival. We also won the first Division Championship in team history and tied the best playoff runs in team history which happened in Seasons 11 and 12. But yeah if you're going to criticize me don't forget about recent history with the team before you do it. I'll leave it at that.

Talon

Well said.  This is our team nobody elses, Jefe.

GM Franchise

Thank you, and that's correct. This is our team, this is our fucking city, and this city is going to get to the Impact Bowl more sooner than later with how this season went.

Talon

GM Franchise

Next up on the agenda is Barger. Him losing his cool on the reporters is a red flag. We need a quarterback who's cool under pressure and the news piqued my interest with his incident after the game mainly due to thinking about QB emotions during a game. Was him losing his cool a factor in the two interceptions in the game or is it something we shouldn't worry about heading into next season?

Talon

36 TDs, 8 INTs. Two receivers in the top 5 in the league, and the triple crown for his WR1... We don't rock that boat, Jefe.  No way.

GM Franchise

That's what I figured. Just going to chalk it off as frustration after the loss which was my initial reaction to it but figured I'd check to be safe. I'm going to try and get some contract extensions signed including my own before we lock in for the off-season.

Talon

Handle your scandal, Hope you secure the bag so we can get back to work.

GM Franchise

Sounds like a plan to me! I'll let you get to things and great season, Coach. You're the Coach of the Year in my eyes. I knew that the moment you took over as Coach in Milwaukee last season that you're an elite level coach. Congratulations on an amazing season and I'll let you get ready for a much deserved vacation.

—-

Princess, tell Mr. King that I'm ready to speak with him please, thank you.

Talon

Whoooooaaaaa momma!  What a run at the end of the season.

GM Franchise, I won't beat around the bush.  Lets run it back and run it farther.   In my eyes you've earned this offer so here is what I've got for you.

2 years, $3MM per season.   What do you say? 

GM Franchise

Deal! I'm in and my goal is exactly what you said, run it farther next season. I want to bring that Impact Bowl trophy here to Music City.

Talon

Easiest negotiation ever.   Damn good to have you son.  Go get 'em!  Make sure to league office the deal effective S17

GM Franchise

Will do! Thank you sir for bringing me back with the easy negotiation and I'll work on getting some player contracts extended before heading into vacation. Job's not finished until we bring home the championship trophy.

Talon

THE KING HAS LEFT THE BUILDING

GM Franchise

Princess, can you get me in touch with James T. Crain please, thank you.

—-

James, nice to speak with you again. I'm interested in bringing back your client SS Erick Dollar on a contract extension. Would 2 years for $2 million work to keep him here?