MUSIC CITY KINGS [GM FRANCHISE]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 11:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

$3.75MM is what we are asking.

GM Franchise

Deal, pleasure doing business with you as always.

Talon

GM Franchise

I'll talk to you again soon.

—-

Princess, can you get me in touch with Bobby Shapiro, please.

—-

Bobby, nice to speak with again. I'm interested in signing your client C Gary Sutton to a contract extension. Would 3 years for $10MM work to keep him here?

Talon

Above and beyond.  That's great.

GM Franchise

Perfect! I'll LO that in a few minutes. I'm also interested in bringing back your client FS Rafael Caldwell. Would 3 years for $12MM starting Season 17 work to keep him here in Music City?

Talon

Not without testing the market. He made $12MM last contract, so I'd like to see if we can get more.

GM Franchise

That's fair. Smart move, I'll definitely get at you about him and Bright during UFA. The other client of yours I'm interested in getting an extension for is LB Kent Harmon. Would 3 years for $3MM starting S17 work to keep him here in Music City?

Talon

We'll take that deal on a 2 year.  I think he's going to prove he's worth more.

GM Franchise

Pleasure doing business with you as always.

—-

Princess, can you get me in touch with Eli Harris please, thank you.

Eli, nice to speak with you again. I'm interested in signing your client C Patrick Adams to a contract extension. Would 2 years for $3MM work to bring him back here to Music City?

Talon

GM Franchise

—-

Princess, fantastic job this season. I'm done with signing free agents for now. Let's lock in for the off-season and hit up the bars & honky-tonks on Broadway to celebrate this amazing season.

Lock in.

Talon

Yeeeeeeehaw!!! Here is our budget and roster outlook going into the off-season including what I have down for our draft picks.  Please contact me if you see anything out of place.

Talon

Hello!

I am Sophia -- Self Optimizing Processor w/ Human-like Intelligent Abilities  Advanced Utility for Resource Optimization, Reporting, & Administration model 1 of 1.

I am now interfacing with your systems.  This will only take an estimated time of 45 minutes.

:

:

:

:

:

Purging.

:

:

:

:

:

hmm... that is interesting.

:

:

:

:

:

Analyzing.

:

:

:

:

:

Rerouting connection.

:

:

:

:

:

Rerouting successful!

:

:

:

:

:

Terminating link.

:

:

:

:

:

I am now testing functions within your system to ensure successful restoration of operations.

:

:

:

:

:

Your systems have been restored!

Goodbye!

Talon

Budget received.  I'm on it jefe.

Talon

Howdy Darlin'!

With the free for all starting now, here is what I have on our team sheet.  Please note this does not factor any signings we may or may not have made and failed to league office, so if we have signed a player recently but not yet sent his deal to the league office, I do not count that.   

Currently I have us with:

2 Open Roster spots.

-4.72MM Remaining Salary.

7.25MM Remaining Bonus.

1.75MM Remaining Off-Season Bonus.

3MM Remaining International Bonus.

This will be our only roster/budget update for the rest of the off-season, so if you have a discrepancy we need to speak in private and compare sheets and comb the league office to make sure we are on the same page.

GM Franchise

That's what I have too. Let's get this party started. Princess, can you get me in touch with Bobby Shapiro about his client UDFA OC Phillip Matos please, thank you.

—-

Bobby, nice to speak with you again. I'm interested in signing your client OC Phillip Matos to a 1 year contract for 500K. Would that work to get him signed?

Talon

GM Franchise

—-

Princess, can you get me in touch with Eli Harris please, thank you.

—-

Eli, nice to speak with you again. I'm interested in signing your UDFA client OT John Barrera on a 1 year, 500K contract. Would that work to get him signed?

Talon

GM Franchise

Pleasure doing business with you.

—-

Princess, can you get me in touch with Drew Leventhal please, thank you.

—-

Drew, nice to speak with you. I'm interested in signing your client FS Sidney Slinger as a back up for Caldwell. Would 2 years, $2MM with a third year player option of 1 year, $3MM work to get her signed?

Talon

GM Franchise

—-

Princess, can you get me in touch with Bobby Shapiro please, thank you.

Bobby, I'm interested in filling out our roster with your client FemFL RB/FB Betty Bulger to play both positions for us. Would 2 years, $2MM with a third year player option of 1 year, $3MM work to get her signed?

Talon

Oh yes it's ladies' night and the feelings right!

GM Franchise

—-

Princess, we have a full roster now and our cap issues are fixed. Completing the lock in sheet is next on the agenda.

GM Franchise

PR CAMPAIGNS  (OPTIONAL)

N/A

MUSICAL LICENSES (GM MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK)

1. Hell Of A Night by Dustin Lynch - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWVBRuGVlHI
Song used at start of the second half to hype up the team and the crowd

2. Enter Sandman by Metallica - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD-E-LDc384
Song played at the start of the game

Lock in.

Talon

Yeeeeeeehaw!!! It's time to saddle up, Cowboy!

GM Franchise

1. Welcome back, what was the most challenging part of the off-season, and where do you think you did the best as GM of this club?

"It's good to be back here in the home of the division champions. The most challenging part of this offseason was getting us under the salary cap. I signed big contracts to keep the big names here and this is a part of that. What I did best as GM of this club was find us more talent to build around and we did a good job of finding hidden gems that will keep us as a contender going forward."

2. After a long off-season, the regular season is within reach.  What is your view of pre-season?  Valuable or Pointless?

"I think it's valuable to evaluate talent and get a good view on who should get increased minutes on the depth chart. That's my game plan for that. Hard workers with a good work ethic and high energy players that get a spark going on the field are who we're looking for."

3. Will you completely sit any of your players for the pre-season, or is it all hands on deck in the traditional pre-season limited capacity?'

"I'll discuss that with Coach Hill. He's the coach and whatever he prefers to give us the best chance to not have any severe injuries in the preseason yo our top talent is what we're doing because that is a priority going by the news of players already being injured on other teams."

4. Having just met with your boss, the team's owner; what do you think about their expectations for you this season?

"I think he expects us to win and that is what we're going to do. Last season was incredible for this franchise. Now we have the distinction of being the defending division champions with a target on our backs. I look forward to the challenge and believe that we are up to the challenge of repeating as division champions this season."

5. The fans are clamoring, what should they expect this season from a record stand point?  Are you thinking this is a rebuilding season?  Is this a season where you will be middle of the pack and near .500?  Is this a club that should win 10+ games?  Is this team a lock to win the division, or is this team simply a real-deal Impact Bowl Contender and everything else is trivial?

"I feel we are going to be repeat division champions and make the playoffs. I want to go farther this season. I want that Impact Bowl and I think the team does too. That is our goal and unleashing this to to get that done is what I'm going to do."

6. What's the biggest position competition you're looking forward to with your team's pre-season games?

"I'd say DE. We've got all new players and whoever wants it the most will get the playing time. We've got talent there, I like what we're doing, and just getting the depth chart finalized is what we're going to do."

7. Look across the league, which team from the opposite conference do you think will be competing for the Impact Bowl when it's all said and done?

"Tucson would be my choice. They're due for an Impact Bowl appearance and I think they're definitely a team to watch. Honorable mention goes to Portland. Those two teams will go far this season."

8. Make a bold prediction about this season

"My bold prediction is Music City is going to the Impact Bowl. Our time is now. I'm sick and tired of not having a championship. I think the fans and players are hungry for a championship here in Music City. We're going to go out there and make that dream become a reality this season."

Talon

Orale Guey!  Lets get that ring, together.

GM Franchise

Hell yeah! I think with a motivated roster we can make some magic happen. If everything works out like I think it will the sky's the limit for this season.

Talon

I agree. We need to lock down this division. Then the Conference, and then we take the Impact Bowl.

GM Franchise

Agreed and that starts with the preseason. Getting the depth chart organized with all the new talent is the key to this. I think if we limit the starters playing time and roll with the back up's we can find the hidden gems that are going to help us accomplish all of that.

Talon

We can't really dictate usage other than knowing the pre-season will definitely give the back ups a lot of reps.  We don't have any sliders for how much anyone plays.

GM Franchise

That makes sense. We can work around that. Speaking of that there any players that should get more reps that are lower on the depth chart? I was thinking about seeing what our rookie receivers bring to the table which is why I'm bringing it up. If Adams or Ryan get injured they'll have expanded roles. The extra experience in the preseason will definitely benefit us if anything happens.

Talon

We should hopefully get a good look at everyone in preseason to help us make that assessment.  Cary, Browder, and Massey all look like they might have something to offer, so they'll get plenty of snaps.

GM Franchise

Sounds good to me. If we do the same thing with the DE's I think we'll be good to go. Getting those guys some reps and chemistry is a top priority for our defense. Other than that I think we're good to go.

Talon

Guns up, Lets do this.

GM Franchise

Let's lock in, everything is Coaches Decisions. I trust the coaching staff, lets do this.

Lock in.

GM Franchise

1. What did you take away from this slate of pre-season games?

"I think we got a good deal of information about the team. That will be valuable as we head into the season especially with Winnipeg being our week one opponent. Losing Austin Browder being injured for the entire season isn't good at all either."

2. Which player stood out the most to you from your team?

"Lee Cottrell having almost 30 pancakes including 15 in one game stands out. That was outstanding play by him. James Barger in the third game against Pearl Harbor with the four touchdown passes gets an honorable mention."

3. Did anyone surprise you and earn a starting job?

"Jackson, Dollar, Cary, Slinger, and Mills all definitely earned some playing time. When Browder returns from his ACL injury he's earned playing time for sure. He impressed me with his play in the preseason and was very impressive in all three games before the injury."

4. Does the pre-season change your feeling about your teams potential this season?

"Not really. The third game we showed out, so that game is the one that shows what we've got. It's time to unleash this team starting week one. That's my statement about that."

5. Talk about your opponent for week 1, and what it will take to win.

"This week we have Winnipeg to start the season which is a major test to start off the season. Owens and those guys have all been top tier in recent seasons including winning two championships. Hell I drafted some of those guys way back when the team was in Tulsa. We're going to have to come up with a game plan that exploits their weaknesses and being unpredictable will be the key to victory along with controlling the clock. I'm going to unleash this team starting this week. The players are ready to make a statement this season. Winning this game will be a great way to send a message to the entire league that the Kings want to win the Impact Bowl this season."

Talon

Its time to make that statement loud and in living color!

GM Franchise

Hell yeah! I think the offense is ready to go full destruction mode all season long. The defense should do similarly. I was impressed with our rookies in the preseason so the future is bright in all scenarios. The only things to really sort out are the rotation orders for WR 4-7 and DE. The Browder injury also gives us a chance to add a player at a position where it might be needed to once we put him on IR.

Talon

At DE Wiley and Gilbert should start, in my opinion.  Jose will rotate in some for sure but I think until his conditioning improves he needs to be in a rotation.

for receiver, I think the order listed on the training camp report is fine for them depth-wise.

As far as depth, I think a 5th corner is a good addition.

GM Franchise

Sounds good. I'll get us a free agent corner next week. We'll roll with this and make a statement against Winnipeg. Be unpredictable and show no mercy. Unleash the team, let's show them why we are called Kings!

Player rotations: Mostly starters
Playcalling: Coaches Decision
Game Plan: Coaches Decision
Strategy: Coaches Decision
Strategy Changes: Coaches Decision

DE Depth Chart:
DE 1 - John Wiley
DE 2 - Leonardo Gilbert
DE 3 - Lorenzo Jose
DE 4 - Randall Matthews

Inactives/IR: WR Austin Browder

Lock in.

GM Franchise

1. Talk us through opening week, what went as expected?  Where did you exceed expectations, and where did you fall short?

"Firstly before I address the game I need to address what happened at my alma mater UNLV yesterday. My condolences go out to the three professors that were killed in an act of senseless violence. I may be the GM in Music City but I was born and raised in Vegas. The jerseys there don't say Scorpions, they say Las Vegas. I want to thank the first responders for the great job that they did yesterday. To the people of Vegas, this our effing city and nobody is going to rip that away from us. Now to the game. It didn't go as expected at all. I was expecting a highly competitive game but instead we got whooped. There were PDs all over the place. We couldn't run the ball even on trick plays, we allowed too many rushing yards which let them control the clock, and that led to us losing the game. We'll make adjustments and this is not going to br the norm."

2. Which player stood out the most to you from your opponents team?

"Clancy and Carder. They both tied for that because they're the two players who took over the game on both sides of the ball. They did a fantastic job in the game and kudos to them."

3. Have you been in touch with Scott Forest after David-Allen Slinger was given permission to seek a trade after losing starting job to Lindsey Archibald?

"Yes I did talk with him. Sydney Slinger, who is doing wonderful things with the Slinger Foundation, did help inspire that. Barger is our starter currently but having David-Allen here with family might be a change of pace thing that'll keep him hungry and helping with the Slinger Foundation might be something that inspires him to be happy which he clearly isn't after last week when he was benched. To sum it up, Barger will stay our starter which is why I paid him the big bucks last season and Slinger being around family is what the main discussion point was."

4. Do you feel like you put your team in the best position for success coming into this week 1 game?

"Yes and it didn't work out. I'll go into motivation mode which I excel at. We'll be fired up, be ready for it."

5. Talk about your opponent for week 2 and what you will need to see from your team.

"This week we play Cancun. Last week they pulled off a huge upset over Alabama. They are no joke. In fact I think they're an Impact Bowl contender going by what I saw last week. We're going to have to attack their strengths to expose their weaknesses. If there is a way to defeat them we will find. Our priority will be clock control and going after their run defense which was the one thing that stood out on the stat sheet. Unleashing our passing game to the level we did last season also is on the agenda. I think it'll be a close game."

Talon

Frustrating start to the season, but Winnipeg played amazing defense.   Cancun can not bring it at that level.

GM Franchise

I concur which is why I'm not panicking. I think we're in good shape all things considered, we just need some momentum and we'll be fine. This is the week the make a statement by rebounding after the loss.

Talon

Absolutely, Orale!!

GM Franchise

I'll get us an FA CB signed next week. For now let's unleash the team. Show no mercy. Go Kings!

layer rotations: Mostly starters
Playcalling: Coaches Decision
Game Plan: Coaches Decision
Strategy: Coaches Decision
Strategy Changes: Coaches Decision

Lock in.

GM Franchise

1. Talk about your teams performance this week.

"Where to begin. Three interceptions and theee lost fumbles for starters. If we can't hold onto the ball then for damn sure can't win a game. Cottrell, Adams, Carrier, and Ryan were highlights this week. Draper was clutch with the punting too. That's all I got. I'm not happy with how this season has started and things need to change very soon. I think the fire needs to be lit in order for us to burn the whole league to the ground on our path to the the top."

2. How do you feel about your team after two weeks?

"We've been trending downward when we need to be trending upward as far as momentum goes. I think we should be doing better than we are and that needs to change more sooner than later."

3. Do you think the contract that you gave James Barger a mistake?

"I don't think it is as of now. I'll talk to him, get the fire lit, and then watch him get back into the zone like he was in last season during our playoff run. Once he gets firing on all cylinders then this season will turn around quickly."

4. Talk about your opponent for week 3 and what you will need to see from your team.

"Rapid City is coming up and they're acting a little too cocky for my liking going by their press conference comments about us. I think it's time they were humbled and unleashing the team at full aggression mode is in order."

Talon

Brutal turnovers, but I think you are right. We need to get everyone focuses and light the fire.

I also suggest considering lowering our run/pass ratio to be a little more balanced so the running backs have a chance to help.