SEASON 17/18 SCOUTING COMBINE

Started by Talon, July 15, 2024, 11:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

The following are your options to purchase for the S17/18 Scouting Combine

S17/18 POSITION COMBINE ($1MM PER POSITION)

This season's scouting combine will be structured as follows:

Choose a specified number of positions ($1MM each) and receive the following information

- Top player at three traits (position dependent)

- Top 5 "overall" players (w/ current star rating) OR Bottom 5 overall players (w/ current star rating)

Along with the position information; teams will have the opportunity to gain other information if they would prefer.   Athletic Drills will take place and if you would prefer to gain raw athletic information you can choose from the following options:

ATHLETIC DRILLS ($1MM PER EVENT)

- 40 Yard Dash (Top 20 fastest players in the draft class)

- 3 Cone (Top 20 highest agility ratings)

- Bench Press (Top 20 Strongest players)

- 20-Yard Shuttle (Top 20 O/D Linemen speed)

- "Targeted Scouting" (Top 10 at a skill set of your choosing from normal player attributes) ($2MM for this option, limit to TWO uses at a total of $4MM)

COACH ANALYSIS ($500K PER PLAYER)

Your coaches are watching the drills obviously, but if you want them to focus in on a prospect and start to determine their work ethic, their competitiveness, their leadership, Disposition, Sportsmanship, and/or their ability to be a team player this is where you get that information.   Tasking your coach to watch and evaluate a players intangibles will allow you to reveal each of those ratings to better help you decide if he is a fit for your organization, including any other red flags or player tags the player may have.

PLAYER INTERVIEW ($1MM PER PLAYER)

In the past the combine player interview has been a mechanic that allowed GMs to ask players questions in a one on one setting; but now the player interview will be a new mechanic where you find out who all has scouted, watched, or interviewed a player during the process.  The only way to hide your intentions from another GM is if you used "advanced scouting" earlier in the season, which acts as a cloak of sorts to keep your interest hidden from other GMs.    When you opt to conduct a player interview you will receive the following information: 

How Important Salary is to the player.

How Important Long Term security is to the player.

How Important GM reputation is to the player

How Important A winning history is to the player

How Important Starting / Playing Time is to the player.

How Important proximity to home is for the player.

How Important marketing opportunities are to the player.

Like last season, there is a maximum of $10MM in combine spending in any combination.

Talon

IN CHARACTER THREAD IS OPEN -- AS WITH PREVIOUS YEARS YOU MAY RP IN THIS THREAD

Talon

[Players, Scouts, Coaches, and Media gather at the Scouting combine in St. Paul's domed stadium.   The field is full of prospects working out and attempting to impress the scouts in attendance.]

GM Yount

*GM Yount gathers with his coaches after firing off a text response to his lady assuring her that Alaska is actually pretty nice. He's holding a notepad which reads a reminder of one of his mantras, "Trying to prove you're the smart guy in the room usually makes you look like the dumbest."*

Alright fellas, time to find some good football players & delude ourselves into thinking we're the only ones who know how good they are.

Talon

GM YOUNT IS APPROACHED BY A YOUNG MAN WHO'S ARM IS IN A SLING

"GM Yount, I'm really sorry to bother you but I just wanted to try to get a face to face before things get to crazy here.

I'm Gunnar VanDamme from the University of Alaska-Anchorage. I'm a Seawolf because of a Hockey scholarship, but I worked my tail off to get the University to set up a football club and this year we started playing D3 ball this year.

Long story short, I've been playing great football working as a QB, WR, FS, and KR, but I got hurt playing in my final hockey game in the conference championship and it cost me the opportunity to work out at the combine..

I'd really appreciate it if you checked out my film and considered me when draft day comes.  I'd love to play in Anchorage."

GM Gooch

GM GOOCH WALKS IN WITH HIS COACHING STAFF. THEY SET UP SHOP IN THE BLEACHERS AND GM GOOCH HANDS OUT PACKETS FOR WHAT HE IS LOOKING FOR IN THE COMBINE. HE WALKS OVER TO HIS BBQ STAND ALREADY SET UP WITH PICNIC TABLES. HE NODS IN APPROVAL. HIS STAFF COMES OVER AND GETS COMPLEMENTARY BRISKET SANDWHICHES AND GETS READY FOR EVENTS. COACH BAKER COMES AND SITS BY GM GOOCH. GOOCH SMILES AND TALKS TO HIS COACH.

It's going to be a good year, Coach. I can feel it.

GM Yount

Quote from: Talon on July 18, 2024, 11:37:07 AMGM YOUNT IS APPROACHED BY A YOUNG MAN WHO'S ARM IS IN A SLING

"GM Yount, I'm really sorry to bother you but I just wanted to try to get a face to face before things get to crazy here.

I'm Gunnar VanDamme from the University of Alaska-Anchorage. I'm a Seawolf because of a Hockey scholarship, but I worked my tail off to get the University to set up a football club and this year we started playing D3 ball this year.

Long story short, I've been playing great football working as a QB, WR, FS, and KR, but I got hurt playing in my final hockey game in the conference championship and it cost me the opportunity to work out at the combine..

I'd really appreciate it if you checked out my film and considered me when draft day comes.  I'd love to play in Anchorage."

Hey man, nice to meet you & thanks for hitting me up. I appreciate the passion to come shoot your shot like this. I'll definitely put you on our list to do a deeper dive into.

Talon

Quote from: GM Yount on July 18, 2024, 12:01:10 PM
Quote from: Talon on July 18, 2024, 11:37:07 AMGM YOUNT IS APPROACHED BY A YOUNG MAN WHO'S ARM IS IN A SLING

Hey man, nice to meet you & thanks for hitting me up. I appreciate the passion to come shoot your shot like this. I'll definitely put you on our list to do a deeper dive into.

I appreciate it. I just want to get a shot, I'm not asking for anything crazy, even if its just a UDFA or practice squad invite, I just need a shot.

Talon

Quote from: GM Gooch on July 18, 2024, 11:42:36 AMGM GOOCH WALKS IN WITH HIS COACHING STAFF. THEY SET UP SHOP IN THE BLEACHERS AND GM GOOCH HANDS OUT PACKETS FOR WHAT HE IS LOOKING FOR IN THE COMBINE. HE WALKS OVER TO HIS BBQ STAND ALREADY SET UP WITH PICNIC TABLES. HE NODS IN APPROVAL. HIS STAFF COMES OVER AND GETS COMPLEMENTARY BRISKET SANDWHICHES AND GETS READY FOR EVENTS. COACH BAKER COMES AND SITS BY GM GOOCH. GOOCH SMILES AND TALKS TO HIS COACH.

Absolutely.  We put the league on notice last year, now we make our move.

GM Yount

*After finishing the convo, the young rookie GM then realizes he doesn't think he has any offseason BP left to scout the kid, but still scribbles a note down to consider him due to "Having that dawg in him"*

GM Gooch

Quote from: Talon on July 18, 2024, 12:26:15 PM
Quote from: GM Gooch on July 18, 2024, 11:42:36 AMGM GOOCH WALKS IN WITH HIS COACHING STAFF. THEY SET UP SHOP IN THE BLEACHERS AND GM GOOCH HANDS OUT PACKETS FOR WHAT HE IS LOOKING FOR IN THE COMBINE. HE WALKS OVER TO HIS BBQ STAND ALREADY SET UP WITH PICNIC TABLES. HE NODS IN APPROVAL. HIS STAFF COMES OVER AND GETS COMPLEMENTARY BRISKET SANDWHICHES AND GETS READY FOR EVENTS. COACH BAKER COMES AND SITS BY GM GOOCH. GOOCH SMILES AND TALKS TO HIS COACH.

Absolutely.  We put the league on notice last year, now we make our move.
I agree. I've already seen some guys I'm interested in. Mind taking a closer look at these guys?

GOOCH HANDS A PIECE OF PAPER TO COACH BAKER

GM Gates

GM Gates walks to the edge of the concourse at the top of the rows of seats on the first level. He looks around spotting some of his fellow GMs and tips his hat to a few that are close. He and Coach Houser lead the small contingent of St Paul staff over to an empty spot in the stands close to the field.

GM Stark

STARK ARRIVES. HE'S ON HIS THIRD CUP OF COFFEE, AND HE'S HAD FIVE HOURS OF SLEEP, BUT YET, HE PRESISTS. HE WALKS AND TALKS WITH THE COACHING STAFF GOING OVER THE INFO THEY'VE COMPILED SO FAR. STARK HURRIES OVER TO THE WORKOUTS, BUT STOPS, SEEING AS IT WOULD BE RUDE TO NOTE GREET HIS FELLOW GM'S. HE GIVES GM GOOCH A QUICK WAVE, BUT STOPS TO MEET GM YOUNT.

"Hey, how's it going? I'm Henry Stark, just wanted to welcome you to the HIFL and hope the process has been smooth. Gotta tell ya, this part of the year can be stressful, but between you and me? Wouldn't pass it up for the world, would you?"

Talon

SOPHIA JOINS GM STARK AND THE STAFF, TAKING IN THE SIGHTS AND SOUNDS OF THE BUSY COMBINE.

GM Yount

Hey OG, gonna be fun going to battle with y'all twice a year.

And yeah, it's a big step up from shadowing the goat lady, a lot of pressure being handed the keys to an entire ground floor build for a team in its new city but I love it.

GM Anelli

ANELLI ARRIVES AT THE COMBINE FLANKED BY TWO ITALIAN GENTLEMEN IN THEIR EARLY THIRTIES. HE MAKES NOTE OF A YOUNG WOMAN WITH GM STARK AND GIVES A NOD TO THE TWO GENTLEMEN HE'S WITH TO GO AND GREET THE SEATTLE GM AND HIS (ANELLI ASSUMES ANYWAY) INFAMOUS AI ASSISTANT, WANTING TO ENSURE THERE IS NO TECHNOLOGICAL INTERFERENCE IN INFORMATION GATHERING ON THEIR PART. BEING OVERLY WARY OF SOPHIA, ANELLI FINDS HIS WAY TO THE BBQ STAND AND GIVES A NOD TO THE ROTUND GENTLEMAN MANNING THE BOOTH WHILE PICKING UP ONE OF THE COMPLIMENTARY BRISKET SANDWICHES.

"Salve, Signore Gooch. Thank you for the food."

Talon

Quote from: GM Gooch on July 18, 2024, 01:57:57 PMI agree. I've already seen some guys I'm interested in. Mind taking a closer look at these guys?

GOOCH HANDS A PIECE OF PAPER TO COACH BAKER

Looks good boss, we'll get as much info as we can.

Talon

Quote from: GM Yount on July 19, 2024, 12:54:53 AM

And yeah, it's a big step up from shadowing the goat lady, a lot of pressure being handed the keys to an entire ground floor build for a team in its new city but I love it.

Hello, GM Yount.  I am SOPHIA 1 of 1.   It is a pleasure to meet you.

GM Stark, is there anything in particular that you would like me to achieve today?

GM Yount

*GM Yount fiddles at his wedding band as the caked up PAWG robot greets him.*

Pleasure.

*He nods, averting his eyes & going off to join his coaches.*

GM Stark

Quote from: GM Yount on July 19, 2024, 12:54:53 AM

Young man, don't I know it. But it'll all be worthwhile when you see all your hard work bear fruit. Good luck out there.

Quote from: Talon on July 19, 2024, 11:40:52 AM

Hello, GM Yount.  I am SOPHIA 1 of 1.  It is a pleasure to meet you.

GM Stark, is there anything in particular that you would like me to achieve today?
If you want Sophia we can watch some of the workouts. Maybe you'll see something I don't, I'm starting to get older y'know? Heck, maybe we can have a conversation to see how far your social interaction functions have improved.

GM Adam Wrong

GM Wrong arrives with his team and takes a seat. He offers cursory nods and polite smiles to the rest of the GMs who have assembled

GM Dario

GM Dario walks onto the concourse dressed in only what can be described as a "Fiery Jacket and Slacks" with the Rapid City Logo on the back, and a Denver Nocturnals tank underneath.  The Rapid City GM is followed by Coach LeBlanc and the Inferno Staff.

"Back to where the fun begins, Baby!"

Dario looks back the Coaches and nods.

"Imma go field-side. Do your voodoo, Coach. I'll buzz ya with some extra prospects as we go."

Dario makes his way towards the field.

GM Justin

GM Justin, freshly sun kissed from living in Miami, arrives with his coaching staff.  The coaches disperse to watch their respective position groups while GM Justin takes a seat by GM Wrong, one of the few GMs he can tolerate in the league.  GM Justin reaches out to GM Wrong for a fist bump...

GM Yount

*Among his coaching staff GM Yount does take a second to single out AHC Jackson for a quick chat*

Hey man, just wanted to say since I wasn't hands-on in the process like I was with the coordinators or Head Coach that it's great to have you back where you belong in the HIFL & honored you left a HC gig in Pittsburgh to help be part of what we're building here. I know you're gonna be big in developing whichever of these cats here we draft, so glad to know it'll be in good hands.

GM Gates

GM Gates says something to Coach Houser before getting up and heading down to the field. As he does he passes GM Dario and claps him on the back.

Good luck this season, Dario, both on the field and in that office. I'm sure he's no easier to work for now than when I was there.

Tell Robbie I say hi.

GM Lucas

(GM LUCAS STEPS OUT OF UBER, ARRIVES FRESH FROM THE AIPPORT. HE WALKS INTO THE COMBINE AFTER SHOWING HIS CREDENTIALS, HEADS TO WALKWAY LEADING TO THE FIELD ANDS STOPS TO TAKE IT ALL IN. TAKES A DEEP BREATH)

Doesn't quite smell like the sandy beaches and warm air of Puerto Rico but boy do I miss this smell. Feels good to have enough draft picks to be back here again. Now let me see if the staff arrived, coach Slinger said he would set up near the endzone (Gets interrupted by staff member)

Sir, are you talking to me, do you need any help. (STAFF MEMBER HANDS GM LUCAS AN ITINARY OF TIME AND AREA POSITONS WILL BE POSTED)If you need anything else you just go to thehifl.com and click on the combine tab

Thanks, (GM LUCAS TAKES OUT HIS PHONE AND GOES TO thehifl.com) Didn't even know we were posting it on the site. (HE STARTS WALKING AND LOOKING FOR HIS STAFF AND NOTICES A FAMILIAR FACE) Holy crap, how are you? what are doing here Zelda?

Well, I'm sure you heard, the WBS was bought out by Jean Clauda Von Doom. Eddie Phoenix JR sold the rights and properties to Don Potus who now will lead the US team in the IWBA so I figured with the WBS closing it's doors that I come back where it all started. With so many WBS talents trying to get into the league, I thought maybe I would catch one of them here and try and maybe get them acquainted with GM's. I'm trying to get my Agent license, maybe see if I can come back to HIFL. What about you?

Yeah I heard, Sucks. what happened over there. WBS was such a good league for so long, I thought things were really turning around. I watched that World All Star game, Holy crap, that was a hell of a game, anyway, sad to see it close. Is Phoenix Jr looking to purchase a team or is he going to join his mom in the PFL

I'm not sure to be honest. He gave me a severance package that will help me for the next few months but he never told me his plans. but anyway, I see you are in Puerto Rico, That's a long way from Vancouver, must be nice to be close to family?

Vancouver!? Girl, I was just in Sydney, I'm traveling Like Carmen San Diego

Who?

Nevermind, anyway so tell me, who you expecting to be here? I heard Fender is hooking up with Big Baller Brand, Anyone else?

Can't really say, I know the brothers Lucas and Xavier Fonseca and Derion Williams have expressed interest in playing but I'm not sure where they are in regard to joining anyone league or if there has been any interest. I was hoping to maybe see the Fonseca boys here, if anything just to get their name and faces out there to GM's but I don't see them anywhere.

Well if they arrive and are looking to speak, pick a GM's brain of what it takes, get some pointers on who to speak to or maybe they just want to possibly get some sort of opportunity, point them in my direction, I'll be over there with Slinger at the 50-yard line, first row. Just so you know, we now have implemented expanded rosters and a practice squad so maybe if they can't land in with BBB or PFL, maybe they might just want to be a walk on. Either way send them my way. Maybe they'll appreciate you looking out and you'll have your first clients if HIFL approves your agent License.

That sounds awesome, you always looking for me GM Lucas, thank you. Let me continue making my rounds, checking out the talent and networking. After the combine let's grab a drink.

Sounds good, and you are welcomed.

(ZELDA HEADS OFF AND GM LUCAS LOOKS AROUND AND HEADS TOWARDS COACH SLINGER)

GM Dario

[font=verdana

GM Dario turns towards GM Gates with a smile

"Just in the Office this year. Got that Sills kid who's gonna kick some winners, I got that feelin'.  Speakin' of Kickin', ya didn't put the 'Kick Me' sign on my back, did ya? 

Dario looks over his shoulder with a laugh.

"The media's gonna have a field day with this photo op, by the way.  Gates and Dario, Division Rival GM's, actually having a civil convo.  Not sure I'll tell ArBee about the Hello though,  just gonna hold that one in my pocket..."

GM Gates

Oh I know you aren't kicking, I meant good luck to your team when we play.

Hopefully Robbie doesn't see this photo op, or he may mistake you for a cat next time and try punting you across the room. GM Dario, conversing with the enemy. I can hear his blood boiling from here.

GM Eli

GM Eli arrives at the Snow Globe for another year of the High Impact Football League combine, an event that he played a part in orchestrating being held in St. Paul in the first place. Gone are the days of bitter feelings on his part toward the Lynx organization, and the nostalgia of the many good times that were had fills his mind. A moment later those thoughts are gone and his attention is back on the task at hand, that of continuing to seek players who can make an impact in the quest for bringing championship gold to Cancun.

Briefly he nods to some of his friends, in particular giving a nod of greeting to GM Gooch before heading over to say hello to GM Gates.

"Gates, when I made the jump to Cancun I didn't expect you and Pancho to bolt so quickly from the Gulf Coast. Alas, these things happen. How are you liking St. Paul?"

GM Franchise

GM Franchise arrives at the combine with his staff. He's wearing a nice cowboy hat that he got at one of the local clubs in Music City during the off-season. They sit in his usual spot near the back. Immediately his entourage motions for some drinks and they have two bottles of Cabernet brought over along with a bucket of Sapporo beer. He nods his head at the server.

"Thank you. We might have a food order later. If you have a menu we'd greatly appreciate it."

He then gets right into business of watching what's going on at the combine and getting input from his staff.

GM Gates

GM Gates turns his attention to GM Eli and shakes his hand.

Definitely wasn't my plan to have left Miami but sometimes shit happens. I was holding out hope on going back and battling it out against your team but Mr Biggs had other plans.

At least now your road to the division is much easier than it was before.

Talon

AS THE COMBINE EVENTS GET SET TO BEGIN AND GMS CONTINUE TO FILE IN WITH THEIR STAFFS,  A FAMILIAR FIGURE WALKS ONTO THE FIELD AND STANDS ON THE BENCH WITH A MEGAPHONE.

HEY NOW! LISTEN UP!   Y'all know me and my game, but now its time to let you in on some big news!   After the college scouting combine ends, THE BIG BALLERS ARE TAKING OVER!   That's right, the ComBBBine is BACK!

This is gonna be a good one, I'm bringing in some of the best and brightest crossover talents in the world, A lot of dem boys from the WBS are in the Big Baller Brand Academy, and I'm bringing them to the forefront!   

Here's the deal,  You want in, you got to pony up!   

$2MM to attend the event.   Once you're in you got a choice, you can get the WBS ComBBBine alone OR you can pay an addition $1MM to get the Big Baller Package and get eyes on my Division II Diamonds who draft overlooked.

You got money to burn?  Spend $4MM and I'll make sure your team is on the sponsorship banner so the players know how much the ComBBBine means to you and your club,   Real Talk, players appreciate that shit!

Alright, that's that.   I'mma dip before they kick me out of this piece! 

BIG BALLER OUUUUUUUUT!!!!!!

GM Gravedigger

GM Gravedigger walks into yearly circus combine. He looks around, finds a seat and watches the action.

GM Dario

Dario watches GM Gates walk off towards GM Eli then walks around the field, checking out some of the different activities on the field. A chime is heard, sounding like a 'fireball explosion'.

"Hashtaggin' me already?"

Dario checks his phone and shakes his head.

"Suckers are Quick on it!"

Dario taps quickly then walks over towards the backs and backers area.

GM Fosters

GM Fosters files into St Paul's dome with his newly appointed coaching staff and of course the esteemed Head Coach- Rod Svechnikov. They take a seat in a stand opposite GM Lucas and gives his fellow GMs a cheery wave, before settling in to see which players are going to catch his and the coaching staff's eye.

GM Lucas

(GM LUCAS SETS UP AND LOOKS AROUND. HE FOLDS HIS ARMS AND JUST WATCHES OTHER GM'S COMING IN. HE SPOTS GM FOSTER AND GIVES HIM A NOD WITH DUECES. SHOOTS A NOD OVER TO GM DARIO. THROWS UP THE DUCES TO GM YOUNT, GM ELI AND GM GOOCH.)

(LUCAS BEGINS SPEAKING NEAR THE COACHES BUT NOT DIRECTED AT ANYONE)

You don't realize how big arena's and stadiums are until they are empty. I Remember when I was a kid, my dad would take me and my brother to watch the Yankees. After the game he would wait until everyone left because he hated marching in crowds to leave the stadium so my brother and I would sometimes run around the seats. Sometimes we would walk around our section looking for any change anyone dropped. Simpler times.

(GM LUCAS LOOKS AT THE GM'S STARTING TO POUR IN, SOME JUST WALKING IN AND HEADING RIGHT TO THEIR CHOSEN SECTION AND STATIONS. SOME MAKIKNG THEIR ROUNDS GREETING EVERYONE.)
Thank goodness for Big Baller Brand for making it interesting, he never fails to bring the energy. We need more of that. Like some street performers or acrobats, something. Maybe some music. I need a brew.

(GM LUCAS LOOKS AROUND, HIS FACE CHANGES AS IF THOUGH AN IDEA JUST POPPED INTO HIS HEAD. WITH A SMILE HE SCANS THE ARENA PIN POINTING WHERE ALLT HE GM'S ARE. HE STARTS WALKING)

I Wonder,

I'll be back coach......

GM Bennett

The Atlanta Underground coaching staff enter the building without GM Wesley Bennett who continues to stay pact on his decision to never step foot inside the St. Paul stadium again (Even if GM Gates is now the GM there). A member of the staff is in constant contact with him throughout the festivities nevertheless so he is well aware of everything going on.

GM C4

GM C4 arrives fashionably late with his scouting staff and Larry Wright, daps up LaVar Jackson as he exits the concourse and everyone takes their seat.

"Sorry for the delay fellas, you guys gotta stop letting me win, the post-parade hangovers keep lasting longer and longer."

GM Lucas

(GM LUCAS NOTICES GM WRONG SITTING WITH HIS STAFF. HE MAKES EYE CONTACT AND THROWS UP DUECES AND FRIENDLY NOD. HE DECIDES SINCE GM WRONG IS THE CLOEST HE WOULD WALK ON OVER. HE GOES TO EXTEND A HAND AND LEAN DOWN, BUT PULLS HIS HAND BACK AND INSTEAD PULL'S GM WRONGS SHIRT FROM HIS PANTS COMPLETELY UNTUCKING HIS SHIRT LEAVING GM WRONG DISHOVELED AND PROBABALY WONDERING WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED. GM LUCAS THEN TAPS HIM ON THE SHOULDER)

YOU'RE IT!

(GM LUCAS TURNS AND IN A QUICK JOG LIKE WALKS MAKE HIS WAY THROUGH THE SEATS LOOKING BACK AT GM WRONG. HE LOOKS BACK ONCE MORE WHILE MAKING HIS WAY THROUGH THE SEATS AND MOUTH'S YOU. ARE. IT WHILE POINTING TO GM WRONG. GM LUCAS MAKES A LEFT THROUGH THE ROW OF SEATS AND HEADS TOWARDS THE CONSSESSION STANDS AS HE LOOKS BACK ONCE MORE WITH A HUGE GRIN ON HIS FACE)

GM Adam Wrong

GM Wrong stares at GM Lucas and gives a bewildered smile. He excuses himself to his team as he stands up and tucks his shirt back in before walking over to GM Dario and his team.

He holds up his hands.

"Hey I bring nothing but peace! I just wanted to wish you the best of luck with Robbie and Rapid City. I won't pose for a pic with you as I've already seen his last with GM Gates but I will say this."

As GM Dario leans in for the handshake / embrace combo, GM Wrong smiles and pats him on the back. He whispers one thing as he releases the handshake.

"You're it."

With that, GM Wrong hops over the next set of seats and backs away smiling to GM Dario

GM Dario

Dario takes a second to process what just happened, then shakes his head.

"Son of a..."

He smirks at GM Wrong then glances at GM Lucas, who is holding back a smile.

"So the game is afoot I see."

Dario casually meanders through the crowd of players, giving fist bumps and head nods as he makes his way towards GM Fosters.

"Fosters!  Survived the first year in Salt Lake, I see. At least you made it the entire run, but hey, New place, New Dario, that's how I look at it.  Glad we could make that deal work out for the dinero swap as well. Think it'll work out for us both in the long run."

Dario taps Fosters on the shoulder and leans in slightly

"If I was Cap'n Puerto Rico like in the movies, I'd tell ya, 'Hail Hydra', but for now, I'll just say, 'You're It', Mate."

Dario gives a smile then heads past Coach Svechnikov towards GM Gooch and the allluring smell of brisket.

GM Lucas

(GM LUCAS WATCHES FOSTER JUST GET TAGGED AS DARIO HEADS FOR THE BRISKETTS. GM LUCAS SPEED WALKS PAST SOME OF THE PLAYERS HEADED FOR THE LOCKERS WHILE KEEPING HIS DISTANCE )

dammit, what a time to have to use the restroom.

(GM LUCAS CAN'T STOP LAUGHING AND KEEPS LOOKING AROUND)

Gonna have to duck into this bathroom.

Talon

S.O.P.H.I.A. OBSERVES THE AMUSING BEHAVIOR OF THE GENERAL MANAGERS, SHE LOOKS AT GM STARK WHO IS OBLIVIOUS TO THE ANTICS AND COCKS HER HEAD TO THE SIDE BEFORE STANDING UP AND WALKING AWAY.

[S.O.P.H.I.A. likes that]

GM Franchise

GM Franchise looks around at what's going on and had the same reaction as Eminem when he came through the portal as Slim Shady in the "Abracadabra" music video when he sees how society is now.

"Dafuq is this shit?"

He then gets another glass of Cabernet before focusing back onto the players in the combine while at the same time texting someone about the team that he still owns the Bar Harbor Storm.

GM Fosters

A bemused Bruce Fosters takes a minute to compose himself before following the direction GM Dario left in.

Approaching his target and stalking him in an anti-clockwise motion he darted up behind GM Gooch and gave him a hearty slap on the back.

"TAG, you're it buggerlugs!"

Before grabbing some brisket and schedadleing away.

"Bloody bonza beef palio" he shouted over his shoulder as he skipped away back to the stand, from whence he came.

GM Dario

Dario walks over to the "House of Gooch", avoiding Fosters running past him, and browses the options of brisket available.

"They have both kinds of meat here, brisket and more brisket."

He takes a portion and slides a few bills in the tip jar. Picking up a 4 square pattern napkin, Dario takes a second then looks around. He's looking for something or someone but doesn't seem to locate them.  He walks over to a table, taking a pen from his pocket and makes a few marks on the napkin.

"One, two, three, but .... ."

He glances around.

"No Powers?"

Dario take a bite of his brisket while looking for the DC contingent.

GM Dario

Finishing off the last of his brisket, GM Dario heads over to the Rapid City staff, with a basket full of brisket plates.

"Might as well close up shop. We've seen all we can see here. Best eat up... Now the Fun begins."

Dario says his goodbyes and heads towards the exit.

GM Lucas

(GM LUCAS COMES OUT THE RESTROOM FEELING A LOT OF BETTER. HE LOOKS AROUND TO SEE IF ANYONE IS RUNNING AWAY OR IF SOMEONE IS LURKING. HE NOTCIES DARIO PACKING THINGS UP AND IS NOT SURE IF SOMEONE ELSE HAS BEEN TAGGED. NOTCIES GM GOOCHES BRISKETS ON DISPLAY AND HEADS OVER SLOWLY WHILE LOOKING AROUND)

I'll take a plate.....

GM Gooch

Quote from: GM Lucas on July 25, 2024, 01:57:45 PM(GM LUCAS COMES OUT THE RESTROOM FEELING A LOT OF BETTER. HE LOOKS AROUND TO SEE IF ANYONE IS RUNNING AWAY OR IF SOMEONE IS LURKING. HE NOTCIES DARIO PACKING THINGS UP AND IS NOT SURE IF SOMEONE ELSE HAS BEEN TAGGED. NOTCIES GM GOOCHES BRISKETS ON DISPLAY AND HEADS OVER SLOWLY WHILE LOOKING AROUND)

I'll take a plate.....

Hey Lucas, thanks for swinging by. Some great talent out here this year for sure. How is the mad scientist of the HIFL doing? You pleased with the move?

GM Lucas

Mad Scientist!?, (GM LUCAS LAUGHS WHILE STILL LOOKING AROUND) I like that. Now if only one of my experiments would work, but then again I guess that's what make me the mad scientist instead of just scientist. (KEEPS SMILING AT THE THOUGHT I BEING CALLED MAD SCIENTIST) Yeah man, I mean who wouldn't love the move, I go from a place where the spiders, bats and centipedes are big as small children to a place where the biggest things I see are bouncing on the beach. So yeah, I love the move the more I think about it plus I love being able to just go visit my family. I was raised in PR for 6 years of my life after my parents divorced in the states so being here brings a lot of memories. A certain level of pride to want to really bring something special to the people here, a winning franchise to a place that has only known baseball and only recently fell in love with basketball and football. Anyway, I love what you are doing in Myrtle Beach, You turned it around really quick. That qb of yours, Wow!