PORTLAND BREWERS [GM JOSH]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 11:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

At least we have him to lean on.  He's not a full-time lead back but he can help us in a pinch like this.

GM Josh

Definitely a blessing there. Now big question, what happened with Rainey this week?

Talon

He's a rookie, he's a gunslinger; he takes chances and sometimes that is going to blow up on him, especially as a rookie against an elite secondary like Tucson has; but its part of the proccess.

GM Josh

Thank you Coach. Wanted to make sure it wasn't anything we had to worry about.

With Mock and Anderson out im going to give the nod to Parrish to start this week and we're also gonna slot Sami as our starting Running back. Let's go with the following overall changes.

RB1- Sami Ozil
RB2-Robert Lister

DT1-Jusda Maldonado
DT3-Francis Ludwig

DT2-Manual Parrish
DT4-Francis Ludwig

If Ziggy is well enough to play we can use him sparingly.

I'll let you head back to practice coach. Gonna be a tough week.

——————
Audrey can you confirm our budget please?

Talon

We have 250K in salary and 1.5MM in bonus available sir!

GM Josh

Thank you. That matches my records as well.

lock in

Talon

I took care of our media commitments, easy to do after a win.   Charlotte's next. Tricky team, very talented but very dysfunctional.   You never know what you're going to get from them.

I say we run our gameplan and see who's better.

GM Josh

Sounds like a plan coach. Thank you, haven't been feeling too well this week.

I'll trust you to make any adjustments needed.

lock in

GM Josh

1. Discuss this past week.
Second win in a row for the first time this season and I couldn't be prouder of this team. Let's keep this going

2. Discuss any news that interested you. (Cover your news first; then move on)

Love to see the reception record chase heating up.

3. What is more interesting to you the PFL or the IFAF, do you believe either is a true rival or threat to the HIFL?  Who is your favorite player from either league and why?

I don't see them as a threat, but can definitely help bring more eyes to the sport overall. I can't say I have a favorite player as I haven't really kept up the other leagues.

4. The bye weeks are through; five games remain this season; evaluate your team and season, if you still have a shot at the playoffs what does your team have to do to close out the regular season on a high note?

If we have any shot of making a playoff run. We need to stay on this winning streak and hope for some major losses in the rest of the division.

—————-

Coach excellent job this week. We're getting our momentum going now.

How you feeling about this week?

Talon

Salt Lake has been tough; they've got two wins over Vancouver, they're on a 4 game win streak, and they've got a top 5 offense and a middle of the pack defense; they aren't easy to scheme for, but if we can sneak one in on them and steal a win, it would be huge for us going forward.

GM Josh

Agreed coach. We got our own streak starting and this will be a revenge game as well. They came in to our home and took us out. I say we return the favor and end their streak.

I leave the week in your capable hands to make any needed changes Coach.

lock in

GM Josh

1. Discuss this past week.

Woooooo boy, riding that wave of victory is amazing. I know me and the rest of the team are pumped and looking to keep this momentum rolling.

2. Discuss any news that interested you.
I'm a sucker for record breakers so was amazing seeing Tuilagi explode out on that field.

3. If you could will your team into fixing or improving one thing, what would it be?
This team has already worked so hard to improve themselves from the start of the season I couldn't ask for more from than other to keep pushing on and showing up every week as the strong team we are.

4. You going to win this week?
At the risk of sounding too cocky, you bet your ass we are. We are looking to keep this ride going.

———————

Coach another great week. You and the team have really tapped in to it and it's amazing to see.

Talon

It is nice to get some wins and some valuable confidence built up late in the season, it would be great to ride this wave into the off-season and next year.

GM Josh

I have full faith in you and the team coach. Anything you feel needs to be discussed or anything I should know about this week?

Talon

No sir, nothing on my agenda.

GM Josh

In that case let's rock and roll and keep this streak going.

Leave any changes up to you.

lock in

GM Josh

1. What stood out to you about your team this week?
Watching this team finally hit their stride is a pleasure to watch and I know we'll continue to show we belong.

2. Discuss any news that interested you. (Cover your news first; then move on)

Sad to see the news about Daley. Concussions are no joke.

3. 3 Weeks to go, do you make changes or are you ready to roll with what brought you to the dance?

We've hit our stride and got momentum on our side. It's time to ride this tide all the way to the end.

———————

Coach, you all are doing tremendous work. Is there anything you want to discuss this week?

Talon

No sir, we are cooking!

GM Josh

That we are Coach.

In that case let's keep this fire going and we're gonna lock in for the rest of the season. I trust you to make any changes needed.

Talon

Hi there!! Poured you a little something to sip on while we go over our numbers, hope you like it!

So I currently have us with $46.35MM in available salary cap and $14MM in Bonus funds for S16.  Our bonus may flex depending on how you decide to handle our coaching staff.

I have us with 16 open roster positions at this time. 

I have our s16 draft picks as follows:

2nd - POR
4th - POR
5th - POR
5th - MICH
6th - POR
7th - POR

We have all of our own draft picks for S17 ; and we have all of our own picks for S18.

We currently owe zero in taxes, hurray!

Our available off-season bonus money currently is: $3.5MM ($2MM from your GM Contract + $1.5MM from your S15 budget rollover).

I have our off-season team sheet copy here. Feel free to edit/use it if you would like.  If you have questions or disagree with my notes please let me know and we will get to the bottom of it!

GM Josh

Alright Coach time to start getting prepped for next season, we came close with what we needed, but just missed it. I know we hired a staff on your recommendations last year and with the expansion of the coaching staff, I want to know what you need from me to make sure we have a competitive staff.

Talon

I am perfectly fine running it back with Coach Hollingsworth and Coach Cope; we could do that for $5MM for each position.

We could go younger on offense for $3MM and $5MM for defense;

or if we wanted to let Cope go with Cam and start fresh with potentially better replacements we'd be looking at $7MM for each position

GM Josh

I would like to give Cope another year as he is already familiar with the team and seemed to be making good traction with the defense. Would retaining him along with the staff he needed at 5M and looking for an offensive improvement at 7m work for you?

Talon

I like it; lets roll with that.

GM Josh

Coach Wade and Audrey, thank you both for your updates and input. What would you suggest as the next course of action?

Talon

Well with our finances decided we're in a holding pattern while we fill out the staff.  Next will be restricted free agency and franchise tag options.

GM Josh

Time to get this party started.

Audrey can you please get me Mr. Rosenhaus on the line.

—————

Mr. Rosenhaus I'm calling in regards to John Egan. I think he's shown a lot of promise and would benefit from some more time here under Sami and our staff. I'd like to offer him a 2 year extension for 1M. Can we make that work?

Talon

You got it, baby.

GM Josh

Excellent the deal has been sent to the league. Thank you for your time.

Talon

Talon

Hi there! I have us with $25.2MM and $4MM in bonus heading into UFA.

GM Josh

Thank you Audrey, looks like there was some confusion in the paper work with the league, but we are all corrected now and ready to go.

GM Josh

Looks like our roster is all set now Audrey, is there anything else we need to do before we head in to camp?

Talon

Just need to fill out our Lock In template.

GM Josh

Thank you Audrey, let's get everything underway.

MINI-CAMP ASSIGNMENTS GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK

OFFENSE:
1. Garth Harris- conditioning
2. Richard Rainey- Agility
3. Jimmy Forbes- IQ
4. Richard Rainey- Arm Accuracy

DEFENSE:
1. Keith Taylor- Agility
2. Noel Torrez- IQ
3. Renato Marin - Hands
4. Michael Jackson- Tackling

STRATEGY GM OR COACHES DECISION ON ANY/ALL

OFFENSE
Attitude: COACHES DECISION
Focus: COACHES DECISION
Tempo: COACHES DECISION
Passing Focus: COACHES DECISION
Pass To: COACHES DECISION
Primary Receiver: Timothy Hightower
Third Down Back: Sami Ozil
Goal Line Back: Sami Ozil
Running Focus: COACHES DECISION
Running Backs Role: COACHES DECISION
Backfield by Committee?: COACHES DECISION
Tight End Focus: COACHES DECISION
QB Tuck and Run: COACHES DECISION

DEFENSE
Attitude: COACHES DECISION
Focus: COACHES DECISION
Primary Coverage: COACHES DECISION
D-Line Focus: COACHES DECISION
Linebacker Focus: COACHES DECISION
Player Radio: Miguel Oliver
Match CBs to WRs?: COACHES DECISION
Align Man Coverage?: COACHES DECISION

SUBSTITUTION LOGIC
Point Margin for Backup Package +/-30
Sub Package Minimum Energy 60
Sub Package Maximum Energy 70

END OF GAME SCENARIOS
If Winning Run More
If Losing COACHES DECISION

COUNTER STRATEGY (vs. offense gives your defense a boost to stop the selected type; vs. defense gives your offense a boost vs. selected defensive strategy)
Coaches Decision? Yes
vs. Offense Short Pass, Med Pass, Deep Pass, Inside Run, Outside Run, Power Run
vs. Defense Zone, Man, Blitz

OFFENSE MASTER DEPTH CHART GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK (You may attach up to 3 additional Copies of this Chart for various "Packages" in your offense, the final package is strictly your back up players for substitutions - this is automatically set by your coaching staff)

Brew Ha Ha:

QB- Richard Rainey
QB2- Harold Newell
QB3- Travis West

RB1-Randall Estates
RB2-Ziggy Thigpen
RB3-Robert Lister

FB-Sami Ozil
FB2- John Egan

TE1-Lindsay Crawley
TE2-Bill Bonner
TE3- Kevin Spear

WR1-Timothy Hightower
LWR4-Christopher Brandt

WR2-James Booth
WR5-Jose Ross

WR3-Shawn Shepherd

LT-Joshua Odom
LT2-Stephen Goebel

LG-Scott Beatty
LG2-Garth Harris

C-Harry Ham
C2-Trent Smith
C3- Paul Quinonez

RG-Brian Walsh
RG2-Garth Harris

RT-Jimmy Forbes
RT2-Leonard Smith

DEFENSE MASTER DEPTH CHART GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK (You may attach up to 3 additional Copies of this Chart for various "Packages" in your defense. The final package is strictly your back up players for substitutions - this is automatically set by your coaching staff)

Bouncers Club:

DT1-Jusda Maldonado
DT3-Manual Parrish

DT2-Albert Mock
DT4-Michael Jackson

RE1-Ethan Frazier
RE2-Isaac Leon

LE1-Keith Taylor
LE2-Edward Wilson

MLB1-Miguel Oliver
MLB2-Noel Torrez

ROLB1-George Swan
ROLB2-Benito Yang

LOLB1-James Brown
LOLB2-James Fusco

CB1-Michael Briggs
CB4-Lino Perkins

CB2-John Segura
CB5-Renato Marin

CB3-Herschel Leggett

FS1-Cesar White
FS2- Thomas Wagner
FS3- Oscar Butcher

SS1-Joseph Upton
SS2- Harold Rupp
SS3- Joseph Lees

SPECIAL TEAMS MASTER DEPTH CHART GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK

K- Michael McCloskey
P- Charles Wilson

KR1-John Egan
KR2-Robert Lister
KR3-Kevin Spear
KR4-Jose Ross

PR1-John Egan
PR2-Robert Lister

PLAY CALLING GM Chooses who calls plays, and assigns desired percentages if not left up to play calling coach

OFFENSE RUN/PASS RATIO

Play Caller: Head Coach
First and 10 - COACHES DECISION
First and Short -COACHES DECISION
First and Medium -COACHES DECISION
First and Long -COACHES DECISION

Second and Short -COACHES DECISION
Second and Medium -COACHES DECISION
Second and Long -COACHES DECISION

Third and Short -COACHES DECISION
Third and Medium -COACHES DECISION
Third and Long -COACHES DECISION

Fourth and Short -COACHES DECISION
Fourth and Medium -COACHES DECISION
Fourth and Long -COACHES DECISION

Goal Line -COACHES DECISION

Final 2 mins of half (w/ lead) -COACHES DECISION
Final 2 mins of half (trailing) -COACHES DECISION

DEFENSE BLITZ RATIO

Play Caller: Defensive Coordinator
First and 10 -COACHES DECISION
First and Short -COACHES DECISION
First and Medium -COACHES DECISION
First and Long -COACHES DECISION

Second and Short -COACHES DECISION
Second and Medium -COACHES DECISION
Second and Long -COACHES DECISION

Third and Short -COACHES DECISION
Third and Medium -COACHES DECISION
Third and Long -COACHES DECISION

Fourth and Short -COACHES DECISION
Fourth and Medium -COACHES DECISION
Fourth and Long -COACHES DECISION

Goal Line -COACHES DECISION

Final 2 mins of half (w/ lead) -COACHES DECISION
Final 2 mins of half (trailing) -COACHES DECISION

PR CAMPAIGNS  (OPTIONAL)

(PLAYER NAME) (Campaign Theme/Tag Line)
DESCRIPTION OF PR CAMPAIGN

MUSICAL LICENSES (GM MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK)

1. Have A Drink On Me-AC/DC 
Used as the team is making their way out of the tunnel to get the crowd and players hyped.

2. Beer!- Psychostick
The Chorus is used upon any touchdowns, interceptions, or defensive fumble recoveries.

COIN TOSS PREFERENCE

Heads
Defer

GM Josh

Talon

Here is our training camp report!  bottoms up!

GM Josh

Thank you Audrey.

Is there anything that needs to be addressed immediately from an administrative side?

Talon

No sir!  We are in compliance. Once you're done speaking with coaching or players we just need to lock in for week 1!

GM Josh

Perfect thank you Audrey. Always want to be sure we're in great shape financially. Money makes the world go round and all that.

Can you have Coach Wade come see me.

———————

Welcome back coach. Excited for a new year and team is looking good. I know losing Elvis was a hit but I felt it was something owed to him to let him play a year with his dad and we sadly didn't have anything that Lincoln was looking for to try and get the deal to go our way. I'm sure Miguel will do great and our line itself has lots of competition.

I did want to discuss your thoughts on our Guard situation as well. We got 3 top level guards who will all want to play. From what you saw in camp do you feel any of them could fill in another role on the line should we need them and what would you say to a rotation of Walsh and Harris getting the starting nods?

Talon

Forbes will develop best if we play hit at tackle and see him keep playing and grow.   That being said, I think we could explore moving Garth Harris from guard to Center to give us our best overall line up.  Maybe we move both Quinonez and Smith to guard so they can back up the starters and Harry Ham can back up and mentor Garth.. but that would be the adjustment I would make.

GM Josh

That sounds like a great idea Coach.

Is this what you were thinking? 

LG-Scott Beatty
LG2- Paul Quinonez

C- Garth Harris
C2-Harry Ham

RG-Brian Walsh
RG2-Trent Smith

If so do we need to do any kind of extra training?

Talon

We could officially change positions for the position change fees, which gets them more training at their official positions, but we could also just swap them around and let it ride.. paying to change positions is helpful long term but we could also do it later after we decide that is the permanent move... up to you.

GM Josh

Let's go ahead and see how it goes this week and talk to them after to see how they feel before making anything permanent.

Those will be the only changes this week and I leave everything else up to you.

Let's lock in

Talon

WEEK 1 PRESS QUESTIONS

1. Discuss your performance and result for week 1. What were some sustains, and what were some improvements going into week 2?

2. Coming out of training camp and now seeing the team in week 1, what should fans expect to see this year from your club?

3. Did any news catch your eye this week?

4. Discuss your next opponent and game.

GM Josh

1. Discuss your performance and result for week 1. What were some sustains, and what were some improvements going into week 2?

It was a hard fought battle last week and in some ways the kind of opener we needed to really show what we can do this season. Would have been better to walk away with the win, but many more games left this season. We're definitely going to continue to focus on making those explosive plays and run the board up, but we do need to make sure that's not happening to us as well.

2. Coming out of training camp and now seeing the team in week 1, what should fans expect to see this year from your club?

It's a whole new Brew Crew, they should expect to see us coming in strong every week and getting ourselves a winning record.

3. Did any news catch your eye this week?
That kick from GM Dario was damn impressive, but also seeing plenty of dominant performances out there in the other leagues. It's a good year for football all around.

4. Discuss your next opponent and game.

Mermen are a good squad, but they looked a bit shaky last week with their turnovers. We're going to be bringing the same pressure we brought against the Predators and hopefully we'll be able to get some good takeaways.

Talon

That one hurts, we had them and let it slip away.

GM Josh

That it does, but you know what I'm happy with what the team showed and we can use this as a reminder that nothing is over until it's over and we need to play every game like we're fighting to comeback.

Talon

Absolutely.  We have a solid foundation and we will continue to show that fight.

GM Josh

That's exactly what I want to hear.

What is your assessment of the changes we made to the O-line?  From my view it looks like everyone settled in pretty good, but you're my expert eyes here.