Conference:  Western
Division: Mid-West
Team Owner: Robbie Burns jr.
Team Secretary: London Biltmore-Burns

Official Colors:

Crimson (#990000)
Orange (#D64309)

Team History:
Bobby Burns is a famed TV show host from the hit TV game show "Burning Money." Burns retired from the game show world last year but instead of taking his big money and retiring on a Caribbean island, he would instead start his own HIFL franchise and use his money to fuel South Dakota's first professional football team.

The Inferno are named after their owner's trail blazing history as the first billionaire game show host, now the team looks to heat up the Western Conference with blazing speed. 

The team is looking for a GM who can attract fans to the Rapid City brand and the team wants to do it with a high profile offense.

Season 6: 10-6 [GM Gates]
Season 7: 9-7 [GM Gates]
Season 8: 13-3 [GM Gates]
Season 9: 14-2 [GM Gates]
Season 10: 9-7-0 [GM Gates]
Season 11: 4-12-0 [GM Gates]
Season 12: 6-10-0 [GM Gates]
Season 13: 9-7-0 [GM Fosters]
Season 14: 12-4-0 [GM Fosters / GM Powers]
Season 15: 8-8-0 [N/A]
Season 16: 5-11-0 [GM Wrong]
Season 17: 7-9-0 [GM  Wrong]

Playoff Appearances:
Season 6: 0-1 (Divisional Round)
Season 8: 3-0 (Impact Bowl Champions)
Season 9: 3-0 (Impact Bowl Champions)
Season 10: 3-1 (Impact Bowl Runner Up)
Season 14: 1-1 (Divisional Round)

RETIRED NUMBERS:
RB - Jeremy Martin - 24

Talon

S15 RAPID CITY LOCK IN

MINI-CAMP ASSIGNMENTS GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK

OFFENSE:
1. Charles Hyland - Arm Strength
2. Charles Hyland - IQ
3. Lee Cottrell - IQ
4.Enrique Ritchie - Run Blocking

DEFENSE:
1. Rosendo Hughes - IQ
2.Ryan Thomas - Tackling
3. Thomas Loftis - Strength
4. Carlos Randle - IQ

STRATEGY GM OR COACHES DECISION ON ANY/ALL

OFFENSE
Coaches Decision

DEFENSE
Coaches Decision

Playing Time: Mostly Starters, Balanced, or Mostly Backups
Coaches Decision

TEAM CAPTAINS GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK
1. G Orlando White
2. LB Jason Webb
3. WR Ralph Brown
4. LB Hiro Nakamura
5.DT Brian Ezell
6. K Andrew Hernandez

PLAY CALLING GM Chooses who calls plays, and assigns desired percentages if not left up to play calling coach

OFFENSE RUN/PASS RATIO

Play Caller: Offensive Coordinator

DEFENSE BLITZ RATIO

Play Caller: Head Coach

Talon

RAPID CITY S16 ASSETS

Draft Picks
2nd Round Draft Pick (RC)
2nd Round Draft Pick (MC)
3rd Round Draft Pick (RC)
4th Round Draft Pick (RC)
5th Round Draft Pick (RC)
6th Round Draft Pick (RC)
7th Round Draft Pick (RC)

**No first round pick in S17, Michigan 2nd Round Pick S17**

Notable players under contract:
QB - Charles Hyland 1 yr 8MM + 2MM
RB - Andre Dillion 2 yr 12MM
WR Forest Walker 1 yr 8MM + 1MM
DE Timothy Cobbs 2 yr 35MM + 5MM
DE Thomas Loftis 2 yr 5MM (+ rookie option)
LB Hiro Nakamura 1 yr 6MM + 500K
CB Rosendo Hughes 1 yr 4MM + 2MM (+rookie option)
K Andrew Hernandez 2 yr 7MM

Rapid City is seeking a General Manager with a career winning record or playoff appearances in each of the past two seasons with at least one playoff win.

Talon

Hello GM Wrong, my name is London Biltmore-Burns; my new husband asked me to fill this position with the team to keep an eye on the business end of things while he handles whatever it is he's working on... but anyways, welcome to the organization.

I currently have us with $83.5MM in available salary cap and we have $40MM in available bonus money after giving $2MM to Coach Barbour as a farewell tribute for his contributions to the organization..  Obviously our bonus is going to change once you hire a new head coach and fill out his staffing budget.

I have us with 32 open roster positions at this time. 

I have our S16 draft picks as follows:

2nd - RC
3rd - RC
4th - RC
5th - RC
6th - RC
7th - RC

We have all of our own draft picks for S17 minus our 1st round pick, but we also have Michigan's 2nd round pick;  In S18 we have all of our draft picks at this time.

We currently owe $150K in Tax payable from our off-season fund and/or from next season's bonus pool.

Our available off-season bonus money currently is: $12.25MM ($5.5MM from your GM Contract + 6.75 from your S15 budget).

I have our off-season team sheet copy here. Feel free to edit/use it if you would like.  If you have questions or disagree with my notes please let me know and we will get to the bottom of it!

GM Adam Wrong

Thank you London.

I'd better hire a head coach...

Roderick Baker please.

Hello old friend... how are you?

Talon

Honestly, I've been better Adam, but getting this call from you is a pleasant surprise.

GM Adam Wrong

Look, I don't know what happened in Lincoln but your name was synonymous with there by the time I left hence I tried to get you some security before I did. The next thing I read, you've stepped down as head coach.

What happened? Can you go into some detail with me?

Talon

I just feel like I failed those people for too long.  We would get to the finish line and stumble at the last step; and it was making me doubt myself.

GM Adam Wrong

So is it doubt in your own abilities or a doubt in your coaching staff? Because if it's the former, that's not a great thing to hear when I'm looking for a head coach!

Would you be looking at a short term deal to help you find your spark again?

Talon

I'm not saying it has shook me to the core; but I doubted that I could take that team to the top.  Something wasn't right and I needed a fresh start.

GM Adam Wrong

Do you think you'd be comfortable in the same division?

Talon

It will be a weird reunion; but this is a business and it happens that way sometimes.

GM Adam Wrong

So what would you be looking for in a coaching set up?

Talon

I guess it would depend on what type of team you're looking to build here.  I'm flexible with how I build a team, but ideally a mid-tier DC and a high end OC would be great; then it comes down to what type of scheme to run; offensively Id just need guidance on what type of offense you want to run.

GM Adam Wrong

A lot of the offence will depend on what I can bring in here as we have a solid QB, a top tier RB and one decent WR... Right now I'd be looking at a scheme similar to how I've been working in Atlanta.

I would also like to bring in a Top End Offensive team to support you on that front

Could you see yourself working in that set up?

Talon

Definitely.  A strong offensive staff helps me get the most out of the defense without sacrificing offensive firepower.

GM Adam Wrong

That works for me. So let's talk contracts as I want you here. I want that level of familiarity here and I want you to get that spark back with us here and show the world what you can do.

How does a 2 year, 10mm contract sound with a 2mm increase upon reaching the playoffs.

I would include a mutual option for a 3rd and 4th year for you for when that spark is back and you are settled.

How does that sound?

Talon

While I appreciate the offer, we're about $5MM apart right now.

GM Adam Wrong

OK... was thinking after stepping down you would be looking at a low pressure because for 15 mill I will be looking for results straight away.

Will you do a  1 year, 14mm deal with a mutual option of a 3 year 15mm deal should we make the playoffs?

Talon

I'd consider it; but I've got another GM on the other line; so let me get back with you in a few.

GM Adam Wrong

OK well just in case you decide against Rapid City, I'm going to speak to another candidate although let it be known that I am primarily keen to get you on board.

---

Can I speak to Coach Marlin Frisk in Winnipeg please?

Salutations sir, I am GM Wrong and I was wondering how you would feel about a Head Coach role in a Divisional Rival to your current employer?

Talon

Hey daddio, its good to finally get this call.  Look, the fact of the matter is I've been with Winnipeg for four years now; from 26th to 4th, to 8th, to 3rd in points against in that time..  Three straight years of under 21 points allowed per game; That's elite.  10 playoff wins in the last three seasons.. those numbers speak for themselves.

GM Adam Wrong

It does.

You see the defence we currently have and how do you see that fitting with your vision as a Head Coach ?

Talon

With Cobbs and Loftis you have the DE's and the young DT Thomas looks like an anchor in the middle; reminds me of what we have in Winnipeg with Rich, Henry, and Butler.  Hughes is a solid corner but I'd like to see more added to the secondary, maybe an athletic linebacker to pair with Nakamura in the nickel; but all in all daddio, it's a group of cool cats.

GM Adam Wrong

Excellent and so for your setup, would you like an elite Offensive team? Then just some support in the defence?

Talon

I don't think you need superstars to form an elite defense.  Look at our team in Winnipeg.  Who's the elite star?  But also where is the weak link, daddio?  There isn't one man.  It's a collective unit of superior play and coaching.  Offensively, yeah star power sells tickets and scores touchdowns; you need your Patty Owen, your Harold Lloyd, your James Wiese, man... but daddio the real heroes are on defense and that offensive line, man.

GM Adam Wrong

Do you think Hyland has that star arm?

Talon

Absolutely.  He's a seven-star stud, daddio!

GM Adam Wrong

That's what I like to hear. What are you looking for from a coaching team?

Talon

You've got a call on line one, Coach Baker is asking if you want to move your offer to 3 years and $16MM, if not he is going to take a deal elsewhere.

GM Adam Wrong

I'll do that deal if he accepts a mutual option on year 3.

Talon

Welp, swing and a miss.  Looks like he's wearing a different shade of red. Tootles.

GM Adam Wrong

Fair enough, wish him luck.

Sorry Mr Frisk, my assistant had an emergency.

So what are you looking for in a coaching team

Talon

Cool cats who don't let pressure get them in a bind; wise guys with a history of playing the game, its a brotherhood after all.

GM Adam Wrong

As you've never been a HIFL head coach, I am wondering how you feel you'll make the transition and the step up?

Talon

I've been a head coach at the college level and in the AAF or XFL or one of those stupid leagues daddio, but let me tell you.. I am ready to show the world who the real brains behind the dynasty are in Winnipeg.

GM Adam Wrong

OK I'll be in touch. Thank you for your time.

---

Vic Leblanc please.

Mr LeBlanc you have been DC in Tucson since departing Charlotte, would you feel ready to make the step up back into Head Coaching?

Talon

I've done my share of time as a head coach; the Oakland years were great, but at the same time I really enjoy what I have here in Tucson this year, so it would take a big offer to pull me away from this club, right now.

GM Adam Wrong

You've had a lot of success and that experience would be valuable for us.

What sort of coaching support would you look for were you to join us?

Talon

The main focus of my staff budget would be to keep top end offensive staff on hand.  I can build a solid defensive staff on a mid-level budget, but a higher end offensive budget would be great to have.

GM Adam Wrong

OK. With your credentials, I'd like to offer you a 3 year, 15mm deal

Talon

Before we agree to terms; you know I run a 3-4 defense, right?  So we're talking about a scheme change defensively that might need some special attention in different areas.

GM Adam Wrong

With regards to playing personnel, I think the defence needs a lot of change.

Without going down a popular Broadway song, would there need to be major player exits or incoming? What would they be?

Talon

With a 3-4 you need two rangy, athletic fast coverage based linebackers inside and two powerful pass rushing linebackers/converted fast DEs to rush the passer and attack the run.   The three man d-line front is anchored by a massive mountain of a man in the 330+ pound range minimum and preferable one who is freakishly athletic and strong flanked by two defensive ends in the mold of Timothy Cobbs; not speed rushers but big powerful bull rushers who can take on two blocks at once..

That is the front seven needed for a 3-4 defensive base.  obviously when we switch the nickel or 3-3-5 sub packages those things change; but its a more specific demand that takes the right type of players.

GM Adam Wrong

Thank you for the heads up.

I will be in touch.

Anthony Anderson please.

Mr Anderson, I am in the market for a new head coach. You are an award winning college HC, can you tell me a bit about your style please?

Talon

Well I obviously enjoy developing young players since I'm in college; I believe in a flexible system and strong leadership.  I'm a defensive minded head coach and I believe in a 3-4 hybrid system  that resolves around forcing bad passes with a solid pass rush and mixing up coverages.

Offensively, a run first smash mouth offense is my preference; run it in your face until you can't take it anymore then go over the top to your tall bodied receivers.

GM Adam Wrong

That's fair and would you look to experienced support network?

Talon

Having never coached in the pros, I think surrounding myself with experience would be valuable for sure.

GM Adam Wrong

That's fair. Thank you for your time.

OK Jonathan McFadden please

Mr McFadden you worked wonders at St Paul on defence, how would you feel about a step up to Head Coach?

Talon

Honestly, GM Wrong, I am not ready for a head coaching position yet, that is why I accepted a lower-staff position in Long Beach to keep developing my game.