RAPID CITY INFERNO [GM DARIO]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 11:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

I appreciate that.  We've got a long ways to go to repair this bridge though, but I'm willing to give it a chance.

GM Adam Wrong

Thank you for your time.

---
Vic LeBlanc please

Coach, what a kerfuffle. They did not like the competition. The coach is crying but I told him boys will be boys.

Talon

The little prick is lucky I didn't lay down my usual scrimmage challenge...

Loser surrenders his wife for a night.

..I'm undefeated in scrimmages. I play for mother fucking keeps.

GM Adam Wrong

Well... we keep the wife malarkey low key here in Rapid City. The owner isn't a fan...

Now, I'm guessing Stefan and Doyle are gone with no chance of getting them back...

Talon

I mean, you could probably sign them back?

GM Adam Wrong

I'd rather not... our rep has asked for the week... I respect him enough to give him the week.

Time for a long shot.

Eugene McReynolds please.

Eugene, I appreciate that you have retired and you may have a heart still in Tucson but I come to you in need.

Coming out of retirement is currently in vogue as Hodge has just proven in the PFL, and I have just had my team ravaged by the PFL. I have a huge gap at Wide Receiver and I need to steady the ship. The fans are unhappy, the morale is low and we need something to pique the interest and spike the news.

Would coming out of retirement for the rest of the season be something that you would even begin to consider to help a team in need out?

Talon

EUGENE TURNS DOWN YOUR OFFER, AS A HALL OF FAMER HE HAS NO INTEREST IN PLAYING ANYMORE.

GM Adam Wrong

Christopher Mackey please.

Christopher... I'm a man in need of steel. A man who in his final year delivered 1001 yards, a man who would raise the morale of the Rapid City fans to see you put on the flames of the Inferno.

With unretirement being the word of the week this week, would you consider a rest ofnseason run with us here in Rapid City?

Talon

Careful, that sounds a lot like tampering to me.. I'd hate for GM Storm to hear about this.

GM Adam Wrong

I didn't realise that you were a coach now. Best of luck.

Thomas Large please.

Thomas, how's retirement? I remember how much of an impact you had for me in my first season in Lincoln. As one half of Large-Cox you were integral to my initial success.

Right now though I'm in a pickle. With putting the cleats back on being good enough for other elite players, could I enquire into you maybe doing the same for me until the end of the season?

Talon

I'd love to, but if I come out of retirement Charlotte still holds the rights to my S16 contract. I'd be on a 1 year 10MM, 1MM bonus, 1MM incentive for 1000 yards 1MM bonus for 75 catches contract.  So if you want to trade for my rights, let me know!

GM Adam Wrong

Oh man, I can't afford that right now. I'm going to have to pass. Best of luck with retirement though

Scott Forrest please

Scott, I'd like to bring in Antonio Palmer for the rest of the season. I don't believe he has signed for the PFL has he?

Talon

SCOTT INFORMS YOU THAT PALMER IS AVAILABLE FOR $750K FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON.

GM Adam Wrong

Excellent 

James T Crain please.

THE contract negotiator.

I need a favour and a man like you can do this for me.

PFL has fucked me... hard and I have a hole at Wide Receiver.

A little conversation may have led me to discover that your boy Thomas Large is out of retirement.

I'd very much like to work with him once again like I did when I arrived in Lincoln. He did so much then and he could help turn my season around and would put butts on seats.

For the rest of the season, I'm looking at 5.75mm with 1mm in Bonus. Could you turn my week around?

Talon

As a proud South Dakota State University alum I feel I should tell you to suck eggs, but as a shrewd and classy business man, I will instead tell you to sign the checks, because you have a deal.

GM Adam Wrong

If HR approved it, I would hug you.

I owe you a favour Mr Crain. Gm Wrong doesn't forget.

---

Coach, I have replaced our receivers. I'm not sure you'll know how to put them on the depth chart as they have just arrived but what would you believe would be the case

Talon

I think we go Brown, Large, Harry, Mulligan, Reynolds, Palmer, Rivera.

GM Adam Wrong

Let's do this!

Smash Lincoln like it's an SDSU scrimmage game...

Ralph Brown - WR1
Thomas Large - WR2
Maurice Harry - WR3
Thomas Mulligan - WR4
Troy Reynolds - WR5
Antonio Palmer - WR6
Jesse Rivera - WR7

Lock in

GM Adam Wrong

I'm absolutely delighted with the comeback performance and especially one that completes the sweep over Lincoln. It keeps us in a good position to push for the playoffs and hopefully if GM Pancho gets his finger out and protects his GMs then we will be OK and will keep the league and more importantly my team together.

What a way to come out of retirement for Thomas. A huge influence for the players and an amazing performance from Charles Hyland who made an amazing impact despite his protection letting him down 17 rimes....

Massive battle for 2nd place in our division this week against Kansas City. We have our work cut out but I have my faith in each and every one of the loyal players we have repping the flames of Rapid City

---

Coach... an amazing win but 17 bloody sacks allowed. What the heck was that?

Talon

That was a shit show, is what it was. The first half was just awful.  12 sacks, and a 23-6 deficit.  We got out heads out of our asses after halftime, and we out coached them.

GM Adam Wrong

What you did is why I brought you here because it was fucking amazing.

We can't let KC have the same headstart. How did the secondary fare with the change in style?

Talon

I think it was an adjustment period, but things worked out in the end.

GM Adam Wrong

Outstanding work.

Need any changes this week? Is there any particular position you'd like me to strengthen if I can?

Talon

Tackle. Tackle. Tackle.

GM Adam Wrong

With regards to our tackles.

Both were first round picks previously, have they just not performed at that level? Would you be happy for me to trade them?

Talon

Both have bright futures, but if you're asking me how do we improve to win now, its upgrade over our tackles. 

GM Adam Wrong

Fair. And outside of OT, any other positions you'd be keen to strengthen?

Talon

Strong Safety would probably be the next highest priority.

GM Adam Wrong

I will do what I can. In the meantime I'll let you get back to it.

---

Bobby Shapiro please.

Bobby, I'm going to exercise the 4th year option on your man Rosendo Hughes is that OK with you?

Talon

Obviously I'd love a big extension instead, but that is totally fine.

GM Adam Wrong

We can discuss that in the off season if that tickles your pickle.

---

Scott Forrest please.

Scott, I love having Charlie here as our QB and I want it to continue for the long term. Would he be interested in a long term deal to stay with the Inferno?

Talon

Unless you're offering him a Supermax deal, we're going to wait until the off-season to explore the market.

GM Adam Wrong

I am disappointed to hear that considering what Charles has said about being here but I respect it. I hope you will give me priority and an opportunity to compete with any offers that come in

Talon

I've been in business a long time.  You'll have the right to franchise tag him, but the market will dictate where Charles plays next season.

GM Adam Wrong

I wouldn't want to push him to be anywhere he doesn't want to be so I hope it doesn't come to that.

Thanks for your time.

---

Thomas Large please

Tommy, what a first game back! How did it feel good sir?

Talon

It wasn't the Large-Cox reunion the internet wanted, but it was a great game, felt great to be back on the field and making an impact, a HIGH IMPACT.

GM Adam Wrong

That's what I want to hear.

Have fun sir.

Coach, I am trying to build for next season and ensure our future. I know Cobbs is elite tier but that money freed up next season means a lot to the team in terms of funds.

Talon

I Coach, you GM.. Just dont blame me if our pressure drops after losing an elite player like that.

GM Adam Wrong

Oh I get that but I respect you enough to keep you informed.

Now I did improve the WR corps so we have a Large Brown Holiday. How are we setting them up?

Talon

I think Holiday is our best, but lets use him at WR2 for match ups.. Brown, Holiday, and Large in the slot.

GM Adam Wrong

Should we look at Hargraves or Beane to start?

Talon

I would go with Hargraves

GM Adam Wrong

Magic stuff.

WR1 Brown
WR2 Holiday
WR3 (Slot) Large

DE1 - Will Hargraves

All other decisions left to Coaches

Lock in

GM Adam Wrong

I will try and make this brief as I'm not sure how long I can go without dropping profanity and I don't want the fine...

Congratulations to KC... they turned up and that's essentially all they needed to do against the shower of sugar that stepped out in Inferno colours this week

The only luck we're having right now is bad luck. With players poached and injuries aplenty we are unable to catch a break.

Speaking of breaks, thoughts go out to the Campanelli family regarding the injury.

Thomas is out for the season so the Large Brown Holiday is over... I know some sections of the fan base are unhappy at the trade for Cobbs but I have added pieces for what is a future team rather than focusing on one outstanding player. There are potentially 2 first round picks for him, significant trade capital to build the team up as well as making sure we hold onto key pieces

At least it can't get worse next week as we face...

*checks the schedule*

Oh for...

Winnipeg. Delightful...

---

Coach, do you wanna explain the performance first or shall I speak to Robbie?

Talon

We had no run game and they teed off on the pass. We got shit on left and right and when we lost Large three plays into the game, we just didn't have as much juice.   Losing Cobbs clearly hurts the defense but you knew that going in, we dont get better in the right-now trading him away,

GM Adam Wrong

Oh I know that but the offence can't blame trading Cobbs for not turning up.

Hopefully the running backs are on the way back soon

How do we minimise and frustrate Captain Saltybollocks and his Winnipeg Wankers?

Talon

Normally I say you have to hit and pressure Owen in the pocket.  We need Loftis to show up and fill some of that void at edge rusher.  If our backs are healthy, we pound the rock and move the ball and then in the red zone we keep the passing high so Charlie an sling touchdowns.  That's how I see beating them.

GM Adam Wrong

Do we switch Loftis and Hargraves around? Do we up the run ratio?

Talon

Probably a yes to both?  At least worth a try.

GM Adam Wrong

What's the run ratio at the moment?