RAPID CITY INFERNO [GM DARIO]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 11:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

Uhh, so. Here is our budget and roster outlook going into the off-season including what I have down for our draft picks.  Please contact me if you see anything out of place.  ...it's so hot.

Talon

Hello!

I am Sophia -- Self Optimizing Processor w/ Human-like Intelligent Abilities  Advanced Utility for Resource Optimization, Reporting, & Administration model 1 of 1.

I am now interfacing with your systems.  This will only take an estimated time of 45 minutes.

:

:

:

:

:

Purging.

:

:

:

:

:

hmm... that is interesting.

:

:

:

:

:

Analyzing.

:

:

:

:

:

Rerouting connection.

:

:

:

:

:

Rerouting successful!

:

:

:

:

:

Terminating link.

:

:

:

:

:

I am now testing functions within your system to ensure successful restoration of operations.

:

:

:

:

:

Your systems have been restored!

Goodbye!

Talon

I've got my marching orders, budget received.  Thanks.

Talon

Yeah.. Hi.

With the free for all starting now, here is what I have on our team sheet.  Please note this does not factor any signings we may or may not have made and failed to league office, so if we have signed a player recently but not yet sent his deal to the league office, I do not count that.   

Currently I have us with:

7 Open Roster spots.

16.8MM Remaining Salary.

8.25MM Remaining Bonus.

1.5MM Remaining Off-Season Bonus.

0 Remaining International Bonus.

This will be our only roster/budget update for the rest of the off-season, so if you have a discrepancy we need to speak in private and compare sheets and comb the league office to make sure we are on the same page.

GM Adam Wrong

Eli Harris Please

I'm looking to sign your TE Daniel Cooley please

3 years, 4.5mm with 1.5mm BP

Talon

GM Adam Wrong

James T Crain please

Mr. Crain. I would love to bring DT Craig Jones into the Inferno as a back up Nose Tackle

Can we do a 1 year, 1.25mm deal for him with a mutual 2nd year option of 2.5mm

Talon

We'd do $2MM per year, no options. Just a 2 year 2MM deal.

GM Adam Wrong

GM Adam Wrong

While I have you on the line James, your UDFA James Hundley

1 year, 500k

Talon

GM Adam Wrong

Top Banana thank you.

---

Steve Rosenhaus please.

I am like a Texas Oil prospector this evening my man... I'm after a Derick... DE Derick Burns the UDFA...

1 year, 500k

Talon

Well consider yourself a modern day Jed Clampett.  You've got  a deal.

GM Adam Wrong

YEEHAW... and speaking of Derricks...

QB, Derek Owen...

1 year, 1mm

Talon

GM Adam Wrong

I'm afraid not my friend. Happy trails.

Lavar my man...

I missed ComBBBine this year but I would be keen to bring one of your QBs in who I met at one in the past

Kaden Daley... 1 year, 1 mm?

Talon

GM Adam Wrong

Not at this time I'm afraid my friend...

Pupi Saofaiga please

I already have one of your FemFL heroines in the shape of Ava and I'd like to bring another in in the shape of Tila Tagovailoa...

1 year, 1.25mm with 250k BP?

Talon

You Smell what the Pupi's Cookin?

...Smells like a deal.

GM Adam Wrong

Excelsior!

---

James T Crain again please. One more UDFA from you sir if you please. Ronald Cabral the Linebacker. 1 year, 500k.

Talon

GM Adam Wrong

Bobby Shapiro please

Bobby, I'd be keen to bring Manaia Faamoana in as a depth option at our rebuilt O-Line.

I can do 1 year, 1.75mm with 500k BP with a year 2 player option at 4.5mm with 500k BP

I can offer a signing bonus from off season bonus of 500k

Talon

GM Wrong, I've taken over representation for Manaia, and you have a deal.

Talon

...Everything okay in here?

GM Adam Wrong

OK Let's Get Locked In ready for camp

MUSICAL LICENSES

1. I Walk Alone - Saliva https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaD6QtQA4tw&t=3s
Description of usage: To be played at the end of the game when there has been a positive result.

2. Firestarter - The Prodigy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmin5WkOuPw
Description of usage: Played as the players come out to the field at the start of the game

Lock In

Talon

Watch out, because this report is so hot.

GM Adam Wrong

S17 - TRAINING CAMP PRESS CONFERENCE

*Your team has just broken camp.  The long off-season is over, your team has trained to get into shape and be ready for the regular season and you have just completed your team evaluation meeting with your coaching staff.  The pre-season is about to begin, but first you must address the media.

1. Welcome back, what was the most challenging part of the off-season, and where do you think you did the best as GM of this club?

I think it's a twofold success for me. Firstly we had an incredibly successful draft. We have brought in some elite talent across the draft and they have had an incredible run of bringing in young, hungry players who are destined to be stars on this league. Secondly we needed to improve our Offensive Line and we did that in spades. We have strength and depth. I couldn't be happier.

2. After a long off-season, the regular season is within reach.  What is your view of pre-season?  Valuable or Pointless?

It's valuable no doubt. It allows us to gauge players in areas of doubt in terms of who gets the starting berth in positions of contention

3. Will you completely sit any of your players for the pre-season, or is it all hands on deck in the traditional pre-season limited capacity?'

One player has said that they will sit out pre-season and hopefully I can change their mind but otherwise everyone will get a bite at the cherry

4. Having just met with your boss, the team's owner; what do you think about their expectations for you this season?

The ownership has high expectations and rightfully so. Rapid City is a team synonymous with success and I want to help facilitate that. We have a team capable of that. Unfortunately we are in the most competitive division in the HIFL and that makes our route to success that much harder.

5. The fans are clamoring, what should they expect this season from a record stand point?  Are you thinking this is a rebuilding season?  Is this a season where you will be middle of the pack and near .500?  Is this a club that should win 10+ games?  Is this team a lock to win the division, or is this team simply a real-deal Impact Bowl Contender and everything else is trivial?

I am aiming for a winning season. 10+ wins isn't out of the question and a run in the playoffs is our aim at a minimum. I was brought in to deliver on that and that is what I will push for.

6. What's the biggest position competition you're looking forward to with your team's pre-season games?

I would say Linebacker is hotly contested. Established studs and hungry up and comers make it a wide open field.

7. Look across the league, which team from the opposite conference do you think will be competing for the Impact Bowl when it's all said and done?

I would say that Alabama are making a push for a big season and are looking to be a dominant force once again.

8. Make a bold prediction about this season:

We're splitting the games with Winnipeg at a minimum. Any opportunity to get more salt exports coming out of Canada is a joy to me.

Talon

We want salt from Winnipeg, then I say we make sure we batter Patrick Owen when the time comes.  I want to see that little golden boy to leave with some dents...

But hey, welcome back! 

GM Adam Wrong

Me too!

We're being overlooked by the critics and pundits and I look forward to upsetting expectations over and over.

Happy for a bit of rotation for these pre season games?

Talon

Yeah, getting everyone some playing time, evaluating how they do, and hopefully getting out of it healthy.

GM Adam Wrong

OK let's get ready. Cheers sir I'll let you prep.

Beforehand, let's speak to Andre Dillon.

Andre, how are you feeling? I know what they say in the news and  have heard the rumours. I'd rather hear it directly from you though.

Talk to me about what's unsettling you.

Talon

Hello GM Wrong, my agent has advised me not to report to the facility this week or to talk about anything other than letting you know that I will not be playing without a new contract.  The risk of injury and lack of security at my position is just too big of a gamble.

If you guys work out an extension, I'll be there and ready for the pre-season.

GM Adam Wrong

That's fair enough. I thought you were able to talk to me and had your own thoughts but if you feel you can't talk to me in your own words, I'll respect that.

---

Steve Rosenhaus please.

Steve, while I don't like Andre not talking to me in general, I dislike him feeling insecure about his contract status so let's talk turkey as I want to ensure he has a runout in pre-season.

So let's talk turkey... whatis he looking for?

Talon

$18.5MM per season for 3 more years after this year would make us all very happy.

GM Adam Wrong

18 & 500k BP for 3 years starting next year and will he be OK to play in pre-season if need be?

Talon

No questions asked, he'll be ready to do whatever it takes.

GM Adam Wrong

Excellent. Paperwork is submitted.

---

Andre Dillon please.

Andre, the paperwork is submitted. How are you feeling now?

Talon

Re-energized boss.   Happy to know Im a vital piece of the team and that I am taken care of for the future.

GM Adam Wrong

Perfect.

Coaches to decide and to rotate accordingly. No players benched.

Lock in

GM Adam Wrong

S17 - PRESEASON GAMES PRESS CONFERENCE

1. What did you take away from this slate of pre-season games?
We blew out a decent DC and had 2 tight defeats against genuine contenders. We played some solid football and our o-line was solid.

2. Which player stood out the most to you from your team?
I would like to give huge kudos to the O Line for only giving up 2 sacks across 3 games. Our FemFL recruits also delivered on the big stage.

3. Did anyone surprise you and earn a starting job?
I would say that a lot of players stepped up but the coaches and I will decide the starting team based on these games. Nothing is concrete yet

4. Does the pre-season change your feeling about your teams potential this season?
Nope. We have improved the team and we look good in doing so. I still feel optimistic.

5. Talk about your opponent for week 1, and what it will take to win.
It's Salt Lake and a homecoming of sorts for GM Fosters. While he's a mate, my boss will want no mercy and that's what we intend to give

Talon

GM Wrong, just wanted to stop by and let you know that you hit the nail on the freakin' head.

No mercy out there. I want GM Fosters embarrassed and  speechless when its time for him to take the podium post-game. 

GM Adam Wrong

Mr Burns, you know he's my bud away from the game but when it comes to football, the game comes first so I will do everything I can to make sure that we can put a smile on your face and take it off of Brucey.

Wanna join us for a celebration if it goes to plan?

Talon

A win over GM Fosters, I'll buy the first round for the entire team if you pick up a satisfying win.

GM Adam Wrong

Deal!

See you soon Mr B.

---

Coach, I am quite happy with the overall performance in those games. Any concerns?

Talon

We made it without a major loss to injury, I'm pleased.

GM Adam Wrong

Anyone knocking on the door for a starting berth? Any major changes would you consider?

Talon

GM Adam Wrong

Let's get this show on the road.

Coaches to decide best line up and tactics

Lock in

GM Adam Wrong

S17 - WEEK 1 POST GAME PRESS CONFERENCE

1. Talk us through opening week, what went as expected?  Where did you exceed expectations, and where did you fall short?
It was an ugly game all around. I don't think neither myself or GM Fosters will be too happy with the overall performance.  Some disappointing performances and overall it felt very flat.

2. Which player stood out the most to you from your opponents team?
Derek Rogers did a tremendous job of delivering the ball to his receivers and naturally stood out in the field.

3. I'm delighted for Tila to get a Touchdown on her professional debut in the HIFL and she is clearly hungry for a shot. With her heart and gumption, she deserves recognition

4. Do you feel like you put your team in the best position for success coming into this week 1 game?
I feel I have given the team the tools, they just may take a couple of games to gel. The trouble is, we can't take too.many or else we will lose sight of our goals.

5. Talk about your opponent for week 2 and what you will need to see from your team.

Kansas City are coming to town and it's Brass Monkeys out there. I hope they are packing their thermals. Our boys need to bring a different kind of heat.

Talon

Sluggish start, part of that might have been Hyland dealing with the concussion from pre-season. 
That was two tough defenses going head to head and our offense couldn't get anything going.  I'm not going to panic though, We'll be fine as long as we get on track this week.