RAPID CITY INFERNO [GM DARIO]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 11:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

CLEARLY FRUSTRATED AFTER FEELING LIKE HE MADE IT CLEAR HE AND THR STAFF HAVE NO ANSWERS TO HOW TO "FIX" THE QB ISSUES, COACH THROWS HIS PAPERS INTO THE AIR AND WALKS OUT.

HIS PAPERS SLOWLY RAIN DOWN LIKE SNOW LONG AFTER HE IS GONE.

GM Adam Wrong

Sigh...

Charles Hyland please

Charlie... you know I have your back. I need you to talk to me. How are you feeling?

Talon

It's been a nightmare season, no way around it.  I'm disappointed in myself.  I don't like to point the finger at anyone else when I can help it, and I'm the one throwing the ball, and I have to be better.

GM Adam Wrong

We have Winnipeg coming up. Is there anything I can do to support you?

Talon

GM Adam Wrong

Dude, I invested in you. I know your potential.  Just treat this week as week 1. Don't overthink and let that golden arm do the talking.

I believe in you.

Talon

Appreciate it, I'm good.

GM Adam Wrong

OK no further action this week

Lock in and hope for the best

GM Adam Wrong

While it was a defeat, it was a much better showing offensively and it really looks as though Hyland is connecting with the receiver corps and Long may this continue.

Still, a frustrating defeat to one of the best teams but a platform to take forwards into the last game before the bye against Charlotte.

We are really looking to head into the bye on a high

Talon

If we don't put the boots to Charlotte, I'll hand in my resignation.  No way we should lose to those clowns.

GM Adam Wrong

Hey come on now. That was a solid performance and we deserve a good result before the bye.

There's a lot of fire sales going on, the last request for me to bring someone in seems to be working. While the market is open, is there any position you'd like me to consider?

Talon

I can't think of anything that would make a huge difference unless someone is selling an elite pass rusher.

GM Adam Wrong

I will keep an eye out but haven't seen anything on the market.

Charlotte got the win against Orlando this week, do we need to change anything to avoid them getting a juicy double

Talon

Strategy wise? I don't think so.  We just need to get the Good Hyland playing.  Whether that's him or his teammates making plays, whatever it takes.

GM Adam Wrong

And is there...

I'm just messing with you!

Anything else to address this week?

Talon

GM Adam Wrong

Perfect. I'll check in with Charles and we'll be good to go. Cheers Coach.

---

Charles Hyland please.

CHARLIE! It wasn't a win but that was a much better performance. Well done!

Talon

Thanks boss, I'd take a win and less fancy stats over a big day and a loss, but it did feel good to make some plays and not hurt the team.

GM Adam Wrong

Same again against Charlotte and we will have the win to boot ahead of the Bye week.

Keep it up fella.

---

Lock in

GM Adam Wrong

S17 - WEEK 9 POST GAME PRESS CONFERENCE

I am delighted to get the win more than any of you could imagine. Charlotte are a tricky customer and so to head into the bye week on a high after two frustrating defeats is a huge boost for the boys.

At the mid point of the season, discuss your division and your placement in the standings: are you where you want to be and what is the biggest surprise for you so far this season?
We would obviously like to be in a better position than we are but we are still in contention. The issue we have is we are in a tough division with 2 perennial contenders and Kansas City to contend with for a big portion of our season and that will always be tough. We just have to keep building and the feasting days will come.

Who is your MVP at mid-season and why?
I would look no further than Yamazaki. He has brought his international prowess to the field and been a huge factor in shoring up our Offensive Line

How would you grade your head coach after your first 8 (or 9) games of the year?
He will kill me for saying this but I'd give him an A grade. He is doing some amazing work despite me irritating at times and I have so much respect for the work that he and the rest of the coaching team do.

Talon

It wasn't pretty, but it might be the win we need to get our shit together.  We come out of the bye with a very winnable stretch of games.  If we get back where we want to be, we can realistically rip off 7 wins and end the season 11-5.   

GM Adam Wrong

And that is a big old positive upward motion if you ask me.

Is there anything we need to discuss this week with personnel? Any wants, needs or players you feel aren't meeting your standard?

Talon

First, I want to say we should not touch the o-line right now.  We basically cut 5 sacks per game out of the stat sheet with this group so I don't want to tinker with the chemistry they have right now.

Next, I think we need to up our run percentage a bit.  Dillon is averaging 5.2 yards per carry, but only 10 touches a game, if he was getting the carries he had last year he'd be at 1000 yards already and that could help open up shots for Hyland down field.

If someone is shopping a quality safety, especially on the Strong Side, it could be a boost to the defense, but other than that I think giving these guys time to develop some chemistry with some wins would be plenty for us.

GM Adam Wrong

That seems brilliant to me.

I will make those changes before we lock in for this week.

Let me make some enquiries and then I will keep you posted

Talon

Talon

Talon

GM Adam Wrong

I would like to start by thanking the HIFL and my fellow GMs for the kindness and support and love that I have been shown in the past few days.

We had a bye week and the coaching team were in full control and I appreciate them immensely for the effort they have put in.

I like seeing former players at former franchises doing well and I'm happy that Tommy Mazza has found the right place for him and he's doing well.

This week we have another 4-5 team in Portland and if we want to stay in contention, we have to consider these next seven games as seven Impact Bowls... if we want to go to the promised land, that us exactly what we have to do

Talon

Razor thin margin for error now.  Your words hit with the guys, they know what's on the line every week from here on out.

GM Adam Wrong

It's Good to know they are motivated for it.

I had someone put feelers out about a Safety to improve matters but it would have cost a piece of the Offensive Line and I don't think you would want that.

So for Portland, we are ramping up the running. What are we currently at for that?

Talon

Currently on first down we're in the 60-65% passing range.  ON 2nd down if its short, we'll take shots down field at a 70% clip and if its medium or long range we go 60%

GM Adam Wrong

OK let's drop passing on first to 50%

2nd and Short 35% passing

2nd and Medium 45%

2nd and Long 50%

Does that look OK?

Talon

I think that looks fine.  The only reason a lot of offenses pass heavy on 2nd and short is that you believe you can convert 3rd and short if needed, but in this situation I think it makes more sense to lean on the run more.

GM Adam Wrong

Let's go for it. No changes to personnel?

Talon

The only suggestion I may make, if we wanted to try to continue to improve our offensive line play, we could consider benching Faamoana and then moving Orlando White to tackle, and Graff to Guard; but it could also be a risk we don't need to take.

GM Adam Wrong

I'm thinking for the next game or so, not to tinker as I don't want to upset the chemistry as you so rightfully said before the Charlotte game. Would that upset that element?

Talon

It definitely could, we might jsut keep that thought in mind and revisit it when we feel its needed.

GM Adam Wrong

Good plan

2nd and Short 35% passing

2nd and Medium 45% passing

2nd and Long 50% passing

Lock in

GM Adam Wrong

A great win against a strong Portland team. The work of Teddy on Defence made a heck of a lot of difference.

Offensively, it's lovely to see Jeudy has settled and that winning Touchdown signifies the relationship built between Charlie and him.

We still have a chance of making the playoffs but as I said before, every game is an Impact Bowl and I have every faith that these boys will deliver.

Next up is Dallas and its another Impact Bowl. We have the firepower at our disposal,  we have the ability and we have the heart to achieve everything we want to achieve.

In terms of the trade deadline, we are very much a buying team but we are also not desperate to shuffle personnel. So if the right deal at the right price comes along that strengthens us, we will make a move.

Talon

We'll have to keep our guard up against Dallas, they aren't the rollover team they were earlier this year.  We should handle business, but they are able to score points if we slack off.

GM Adam Wrong

We certainly won't take any game for granted and the teams at 2-8 are often the scrappiest.

Now to go back to a point recently about the O-Line. Are you still happy with how we are, or do you think there's mileage in a tinker?

Talon

They're working hard.. might be best to let them work with the chemistry they have.

GM Adam Wrong

Perfect.

I am currently keeping my options open for trades but I will be primarily be in for buying as I want to really push for that wildcard spot.

While I don't have picks at my disposal, I am looking to make sure I don't lose significant pieces. Especially those who we have discussed before.

A strong safety is my biggest target but one who is at the level we need is few and far between

Talon

Dallas has Francois Bowles who would be a great get for us.   ATL's John Jordan, or Charlotte's Dan Briggs are all guys on teams that might be selling that would fit well.  Braxton Hull too, to an extent, but not as high on my list.

GM Adam Wrong

And in terms of highest profile piece we could move based on depth.

*GM Wrong slides a name across the table*

Talon

Probably right?  In the end, I coach and you GM, but yeah.

Talon

Alright, with the deadline passed we just focus on what we have in front of us.   Lets do it.

GM Adam Wrong

Sorry I couldn't get a deal done. It's almost as though some of these GMs actually value some of their players...

Anyway, we go again. Next Impact Bowl, keep the pressure on and let's get another win.

Lock. In.

GM Adam Wrong

Well that was abysmal. Dallas started hot and they ran rampant over us. We just couldn't catch up.

The positive to take away is the fact that both Herc and Jerry did a cracking effort going forwards.

I want to say that the fans and critics do have a right to voice their concerns and speculation will no doubt warm my seat up a bit more.

Circumstances are not helping my case and pundits will point to a 30mill player throwing 21 interceptions this season but I stand by my decision and I honestly believe that Charles Hyland is the franchise Quarterback for this franchise now and for the future.

I would like to thank Tommy Mazza who is having a tremendous season for his social media post in support of me and if you look at my history, you will see that I stand by my Quarterback and reap the rewards for doing so.

We had an offensive coordination shakeup early in the season, we didn't start with the right option and it's difficult to allow the Quarterback to find the right rhythm.

I know that Rapid City is the right place for him and I will continue to vouch for him as I would ALL of my players.

---

The hope of a wildcard berth is small now but I will hold onto that hope as we face Pearl Harbour.

Talon

Damn right. We don't give up until the bitter end.