RAPID CITY INFERNO [GM DARIO]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 11:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Adam Wrong

Is Charles OK? I don't like a single player being singled out at times like this.

Our Run D just got overwhelmed right?

Talon

Thomas was out at DT, so we had a heavy dose of Ava and that wasn't going to work well.

Charlie is a tough guy, but 21 INTs is a hard pill to swallow.  As long as we dont turn on him I think he'll be fine, he's got that gunslinger mentality.

GM Adam Wrong

Ah that would be a problem.

I hope me publicly coming out and supporting him goes some way to show my faith in him. He needs to start earning that franchise salary though

Talon

GM Adam Wrong

Any tactical changes ahead of our next game?

Talon

Nothing unless you see something you want to change.

GM Adam Wrong

Should we up the run game a little more knowing that Pearl Harbour are weak against it?

Talon

We certainly could.  Their run defense is 4th worst in the league behind only KC, SA, and.. us; and their passing defense is 6th in the league and they've picked off 10 passes this season.

GM Adam Wrong

How about

1st down 30% Passing

2nd and Short 25% passing

2nd and Medium 30% passing

2nd and Long 50% passing

Really reduce that risk

Talon

GM Adam Wrong

I'll let you get on. Appreciate your hard work.

Charles Hyland please.

Hey bud, how are you getting on?

Talon

I'm fine, but all the attention over the interceptions is really starting to piss me off.

GM Adam Wrong

It's all good. You're a gunslinger and it's in the nature of your style.

The scrutiny comes because the fanbase look for scapegoats at times like this and unfortunately it's the turn of you and... by proxy... me.

You focus on doing your very best, taking your time and focusing knowing that you have the receivers and protection you deserve.

If you keep doing that and trying your hardest, I will continue to have your back.

Seem fair to you?

Talon

GM Adam Wrong

Good work sir and good luck.

---

1st down 30% Passing

2nd and Short 25% passing

2nd and Medium 30% passing

2nd and Long 50% passing

Lock in

GM Adam Wrong

Well we showed green shoots of improvement but fatigue clearly set in in the 4th quarter.

The big positive was Charlie's performance nabbing 3 touchdowns and looking beyond this season, keeping the receiving corps the same will be essential to building chemistry for Charlie and the receivers.

Thermal vests are going on for Vancouver for our next game and as I haven't heard a fat lady sing, this is an Impact Bowl once again

Talon

We are two games behind Salt Lake for the 3rd wild card.  Between us is Seattle, Pearl Harbor, and Oakland...  We need a lot of help, but we aren't done yet.

GM Adam Wrong

Until its confirmed we are out, we go into these games out to win.

Did the changes appear effective against PH despite the loss? Charlie seemed to have confidence

Talon

I think it was a good start.  Hyland looked much sharper, but small sample size.

GM Adam Wrong

Talon

GM Adam Wrong

GM Adam Wrong

The boys knew we needed a top level performance and the boys delivered.

Amos Archie continues to impress in his Rookie Season and is delivering not just a high volume of tackles but potentially game winning tackles.

He, along with Teddy at corner made a huge impact for us.

Factor in an offensive MVP Performance from Charlie and you have a happy GM especially after two relatively poor performances before that.

We are still in the hunt at 6-7 and it's another Impact Bowl this week. Keep the pressure on, keep winning and do everything we need to do.

Talon

We're like that turtle, slow and steady until we catch up to the hair and bite his fucking throat out.   

GM Adam Wrong

I like that analogy. I love being the team under the radar and the fact we are still in the hunt speaks volumes for the work you are doing.

What next? Anything needing tweaking or is Seattle defence similar in set up for us?

Talon

GM Adam Wrong

Let's do this shit!!!

Next Impact Bowl incoming against Seattle

Coaches Decision...

Lock in

Talon

TWO WEEKS REMAIN.  FEEL FREE TO LOCK IN FOR BOTH WEEKS, IF YOU WANT TO

GM Adam Wrong

A disappointing result but I cannot fault the heart shown.

We build, grow and try to finish the season on a high

---

Coaches, keep going full strength.

Lock in for the final two weeks.

Talon

END OF SEASON PRESS CONFERENCE

1. Clearly a frustrating year, but do you feel that Hyland's final 5 weeks (19 TDs, 2 INTS) is a sign of things to come?

2. What was this team missing this season and how can you fix it going forward?

3. There were rumors at one point indicating you were unsure of your job security, how do you feel at the end of the year?

WHEN YOU HAVE CONCLUDED YOUR PRESS CONFERENCE YOU WILL BE LOCKED UNTIL THE PRE-OFFSEASON (POST-IMPACT BOWL WEEK)

GM Adam Wrong

1. I think that he turned a corner and that is brilliant. I believe the final few games of this season are a sign of things to come and they are performances that warrant the tag of being a franchise Quarterback.

2. I think the shift in Coordinator had an impact on the team and it was a struggle playing catch up. Offensively we have a brilliant set of players and I am happy. Defensively we need some reinforcements but clearly if we haven't made the playoffs, there will meed to be changes.

3. I am a realist. Mr Burns has high expectations for the team. He set goals for the season which I have only partially achieved. We are in a division with 2 strong teams and it will be a battle to derail the status quo. Would I like to stay? Of course. Am I naive enough to believe that my job is secure? No.

Talon

Well, hopefully we showed the boss enough late in the season to see the value in keeping the front office intact.  We'll chat after the Impact Bowl and handle our end of season business.

GM Adam Wrong

Well Vic... there's a lot of upheaval and I've yet to see Robbie yet but I'm going to plough on regardless.

Next season I appreciate the work our OC team put in but aside from our O-Line, is there anybody else we should be trying to hold onto?

Talon

It will be budget dependent obviously, but I would like to upgrade as much of the offensive staff as possible.

GM Adam Wrong

I'll do what I can. Tax bill us thankfully low. I'm going to try and make a couple of extensions before seeing the boss.

Have you got any plans for the off-season? Going anywhere nice?

Talon

The plan is to take the Ball and Chain to Sturgis for the big motorcycle rally, hopefully her sister keeps out of the wet t-shirt contest this year, that hog molly isn't the type those contests are intended for, I can tell you that much.

GM Adam Wrong

Well that sounds like a lot of fun... maybe keep Molly on a tight leash.

Thank you for your work Vic. See you after your break.

---

Bobby Shapiro please.

Bobby... regarding Rosendo Hughes. Is he keen to stay in RC or would he prefer to explore the Free Agency? I'd be keen for him to stay and was wondering if a 3 year, 11.5mm deal would be a starting point for discussion

Talon

RAPID CITY IS NOW SEARCHING FOR ITS NEXT GM

GM Dario

Tylen Dario walks through the front doors of the Rapid City Inferno offices, with a backpack over his shoulder and a piece of cardboard in his hand.

Anyone home?  I saw the sign in the window- Help Wanted- Inquire Within. I'm inquirin' within.

He smiles as he begins to hear footsteps echo down the corridor. The sound of the footsteps gets louder as someone approaches him. Dario folds up his "Will Tweet for Draft Picks" cardboard sign and placed it in the Recycle Bin, pushing the black felt marker into the front pocket of his pants, hiding it from view.

Talon

..She said you were weird, but she didn't say you were so Cringe..

...Well "welcome" to Rapid City.  My name is London, London Biltmore-Burns, and I'll be media relations and I guess technically your assistant, but don't think for a second I'll ever call you "Boss, Sir, or any of those other perverted daddy fetish names men have these days... just, ew...

GM Dario

Dario is confused for a second then.... 'She...' he chuckles to himself .

Ah.. Shay.  She always did say they, er, you, um, y'all....  Never mind. Sorry, I was just thinkin' about someone else.  Pleasure to meet ya, London.  And Nah, no pet names needed.  Just call me TD or Dario or whateva you want. I'm pretty sure you'll be meanin' me.

I know I'm a free-spirit at times, well, I'm sure ya heard. But sometimes too much of one, and that's also why I'm here and not in KC or elsewhere so I gotta fine-tune myself a little on the Management side.

Anywho, I always keep things Pro in the office, so no worries there.  Basically we're just housekeepin' right now. If Coach LeBlanc is available, I'd like a quick chat before to lock stuff up for the season.

Talon

Well hell, Tylen Dario.    Come to hand me my walking papers?

GM Dario

Coach LeBlanc, interestin' that we get to meet like this after all those games between the Bruins and Inferno, but hey, the world, ya know. As for your job,  Imma say that's up to you. Ya know the team much better than I do. I'm just lookin' at stat sheets and highlights. You've been with these guys the entire year. Ya know how they tick.

There's a lotta work I gotta do to get some sort of room to get us some players and some picks, but as a whole, there's a lot of good pieces we don't need to throw away.

From what I can tell, it was more of fittin' round pegs in square holes, at least from the outside lookin' in. But it turned around in the last couple weeks, despite the 7-9 record.

When I joined KC, the McCarthy's said they needed an absolutely specific QB to make it work, so I fired them and took the hit. Took a gamble with Coach Doc, and it didn't pay off. With Coach Graham, I wanted a defensive minded coach who could help shore up what was our weakest point. And we did that for... one season. And it all went to hell cause I tinkered way too much. 

So Imma start new here. Open Mind. Fresh Ideas. Logical conclusions. A little less YOLO and FOMO. But I don't wanna empty the applecart for the sake of makin' it empty. The question is - what can I do, or we do, to get wins over the 'Peg, The Great State of Lincoln, and seemingly St. Paul, if they're gonna move to our division?

So if you're up to the task, stick around for the year that's left on ya contract and we'll see how it goes. If you wanna leave, I won't stop ya, Coach.

Talon

I'm happy to stay on board and earn a bigger contract after we take down Winnipeg.

GM Dario

Then we've got some work to do to try and make it happen. We'll see what we can do about the Coachin' staff on both sides of the ball in the offseason. I've gotta make some choices on who to keep, who to sign and who to deal.

Appreciate the candor, Coach. I like to #KeepItCrystal.  Enjoy the offseason.

London,  browsin' through the old roster sheet, with a couple mods, I wanna make sure I'm seein' this right.

We confirmed the 4th Year Options on:
DT Ryan Thomas (11M+500K)
DE Thomas Loftis (7.5M+500K)

We have S18 Team Options on:
FB Justin Oliver (1.0M)
P Daniel Hendrix (1.0M)

We have S18 Mutual Options on:
SS Luis Moulton (5.0M)

We have S18 Player Options on:
T Manaia Faamoana (4.5M+500K)

We have S18 Fully Guaranteed on
WR Ralph Brown (12M+2M)

The rest are S19 or S20 Options. Correct?

Talon

I'll provide you with an updated sheet when you lock in to close out the season.

GM Dario

Thanks London, that'll work out fine.

looks at the pendin' Free Agents, looks at the Cap Number, verifies the spreadsheet is calculatin' correctly.

I don't see much else to talk about.  We'll see ya next season.

*** LOCKED IN BABY!!! ***

Talon

Talon

In the event either of coordinators get an offer for a head coaching position, I'd like to know what the max I'll have in my budget to retain them would be. PM me the figures when you think about it, and if we don't wish to retain them at all, let me know so they don't miss out on an interview out of loyalty when we don't plan to bring them back.

GM Dario

Money Info sent over, Coach. If we can keep 'em all, I'm ok with it. Continuity and all.

Speakin' of Moolah, I gotta see what we can get and do to fill up the roster. Coupons and IOU's ain't gonna cut it.