SAN JUAN HURRICANES [GM LUCAS]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 11:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Dazz

The money has been allocated. I look forward to seeing the staff you build with it.

Talon

It is already coming together nicely!

GM Dazz

Harley,  could I please speak to James T. Crain?
-----

Mr Crain, I'd like to offer your client C Kyle Salley a new 2 year contract at $2m per year.

Talon

Make it $3MM and we have a deal.

GM Dazz

I can do that. While I have you, would your client FB Chris Stubblefiled stay for another year at $1m?

Talon

Talon

Hi there, I have us with $3.05MM and $10.5MM in bonus heading into UFA.

Talon

Actually i have us with 1.55MM and 10.5MM in bonus, sorry!

GM Dazz

My numbers are very different. I have us with $9.55m left in salary and only $2.5m left in bonus. It seems one of us has $8m sitting in the wrong column. I'll send you my sheet and I'm sure we'll work it out.

Talon

Found it.  Mr Wyant was still on my sheet and I hadn't gotten our coaching staff salary updated.  We match now.

GM Dazz

GM Dazz

Harley, I suppose we'd better dip our toes in the free for all pool. Could you get the agent for UDFA T Micah Bergeron please?
------

We'd like to bring Micah Bergeron to Sydney alongside his UCLA o-line teammate, Richard Harris, whom we just signed. I think having someone he already knows and has played with joining at the same time will help him to settle into the league. We're offering 1 year at $350k.

Talon

GM Dazz

Great stuff, thanks.
-------

Harley, I think we're going to go back to sitting things out for a while. When TEs at the end of their career are signing for $14m, backup QBs are making what Hudgins makes and a team is signing agents to fill out roster spots I think we can confidently say the market is broken. Hopefully it'll settle down as teams lock in and the PFL buggers off for a while and we can get some sensible deals done. Unless of course you fancy joining the roster as a safety... I could sign myself as a DT and we could get Mr Irwin to sign as a TE and we'd only need a G to complete our roster.

Talon

GM Dazz

Shall we see if things have calmed down? Could I speak to Steve Rosenhaus please?
---------

Mr Rosenhaus, I'd like to bring G Roger Hardwick back to Sydney for another year. I'm offering 1 year at $1m.

Talon

GM Dazz

Nice one. Cheers.
-------

Harley, could you pass on the following contract offers for me please:

UDFA TE Ernesto Morrill for 1 year at $350k
LB Lleyton Kyrgios for 1 year at $750k. I think it would be good for him to play in his home country and for him to be paid for the year by Pearl Harbor to play for a direct rival.

Talon

They've both accepted, Mista D!

GM Dazz

Harley, could you get me in touch with James T. Crain please?
------

Mr Crain, I'd like to talk about your client C Willie Castle. I would like to be able to offer him a 3 year deal at  $6m per year but my cap won't allow it. What I propose is to offer the same total value and years but back load the deal and fully guarantee it. So I would structure the deal as 1 year at $1.5m salary and $0.5m bonus and then 2 years at $8m.

Talon

GM Dazz

Great. Thanks Mr Crain.
------

Harley, I have us at a full roster with $0.25m in salary and $0.75m in bonus remaining. If that's correct, and I'm pretty sure it is, I'll get the lock in sheet filed for camp.

Talon

GM Dazz

MINI-CAMP ASSIGNMENTS GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK

OFFENSE:
1. Christopher Edwards – Strength
2. Kyle Salley – Position Training (C)
3. James Malone - Hands
4. Gary Peter - Accuracy

DEFENSE:
1. Nate Clark - Speed
2. James Kessler - Conditioning
3. James Kessler - Strength
4. TJ Edwards - Hands

STRATEGY GM OR COACHES DECISION ON ANY/ALL

OFFENSE
Attitude: Aggresive
Focus: Balanced
Tempo: Fast
Passing Focus: Coaches Decision
Pass To: Coaches Decision
Primary Receiver: Dennis Gorham
Third Down Back: Tank Mixon
Goal Line Back: Tank Mixon
Running Focus: Coaches Decision
Running Backs Role: Running
Backfield by Committee?: No
Tight End Focus: Mixed
QB Tuck and Run: Never

DEFENSE
Attitude: Aggressive
Focus: Coaches Decision
Primary Coverage: Man
D-Line Focus: Coaches Decision
Linebacker Focus: Coaches Decision
Player Radio: Steve Wright
Match CBs to WRs?: Yes
Align Man Coverage?: Coaches Decision

SUBSTITUTION LOGIC
Point Margin for Backup Package 30
Sub Package Minimum Energy Coaches Decision
Sub Package Maximum Energy Coaches Decision

END OF GAME SCENARIOS
If Winning Run More
If Losing Pass More

COUNTER STRATEGY (vs. offense gives your defense a boost to stop the selected type; vs. defense gives your offense a boost vs. selected defensive strategy)
Coaches Decision? Yes
vs. Offense Coaches Decision
vs. Defense Coaches Decision

OFFENSE MASTER DEPTH CHART GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK (You may attach up to 3 additional Copies of this Chart for various "Packages" in your offense, the final package is strictly your back up players for substitutions - this is automatically set by your coaching staff)

PACKAGE NAME: Base

QB- Steven Hudgins
QB2- King Carmazzi
QB3- Gary Peter

RB1- Courtney Crawford
RB2- Tank Mixon
RB3- Reshard Helaire

FB- Chris Stubblefield

TE1- Ted Rojas
TE2- Tomas Jeter
TE3- Ernesto Morrill

WR1- Dennis Gorham
WR4- Charles Bennett

WR2- Micah Perry
WR5- James Malone

WR3- Smitty Smoke
WR6- Kenneth Boone

LT- Antoine Smith
LT2- Aubrey Keet

LG- Harlan Slater
LG2- Peter Cruz

C- Willie Castle
C2- Kyle Salley
C3- Henry Watts

RG- Peter Cruz
RG2- Roger Hardwick
RG3- Richard Harris

RT- Christopher Edwards
RT2- Micah Bergeron

DEFENSE MASTER DEPTH CHART GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK (You may attach up to 3 additional Copies of this Chart for various "Packages" in your defense. The final package is strictly your back up players for substitutions - this is automatically set by your coaching staff)

PACKAGE NAME: 4-3

DT1- Ali Muhammad
DT2- Jeffery Vance

NT1- Marco Charlton
NT2-James Kessler

RE1- Jeffery Lilley
RE2- Nate Clark

LE1- Alex Walker
LE2- Kyle Smith

MLB1- Stephen Cotter
MLB2- Lleyton Kyrgios

ROLB1- Jason Woodard
ROLB2- Brian Powers

LOLB1- Steve Wright
LOLB2- Jack Rosenberg

CB1- TJ Edwards
CB4- Jamison Camp

CB2- Frank Cooney
CB5- Loren Dodge

CB3- Charles Finnegan
CB6- Luis Paulson

FS1- Peter Haney
FS2- Raymond Lam

SS1- Eddie Brock
SS2- Brian Freed

PACKAGE NAME: Nickel

MLB1- Stephen Cotter
MLB2- Steve Wright

PACKAGE NAME: Dime

DT1- Ali Muhammad

NT1- Nate Clark

RE1- Jeffery Lilley

LE1- Alex Walker

MLB1- Stephen Cotter

CB1- TJ Edwards

CB2- Frank Cooney

CB3- Charles Finnegan

CB4- Jamison Camp

FS1- Peter Haney

SS1- Eddie Brock

SPECIAL TEAMS MASTER DEPTH CHART GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK

K- Stanton Welsh
P- Lonny Robinson

KR1- James Malone
KR2- Smitty Smoke
KR3- Kenneth Boone
KR4- Reshard Helaire

PR1- Smitty Smoke
PR2- James Malone

PLAY CALLING GM Chooses who calls plays, and assigns desired percentages if not left up to play calling coach

OFFENSE RUN/PASS RATIO 60:40

Play Caller: (Offensive Coordinator)
First and 10 – Coaches Decision
First and Short – Coaches Decision
First and Medium - Coaches Decision
First and Long - Coaches Decision

Second and Short - Coaches Decision
Second and Medium - Coaches Decision
Second and Long - Coaches Decision

Third and Short - Coaches Decision
Third and Medium - Coaches Decision
Third and Long - Coaches Decision

Fourth and Short - Coaches Decision
Fourth and Medium - Coaches Decision
Fourth and Long - Coaches Decision

Goal Line - Coaches Decision

Final 2 mins of half (w/ lead) - Coaches Decision
Final 2 mins of half (trailing) - Coaches Decision

DEFENSE BLITZ RATIO Coaches Decision

Play Caller: (Head Coach)
First and 10 - Coaches Decision
First and Short - Coaches Decision
First and Medium - Coaches Decision
First and Long - Coaches Decision

Second and Short - Coaches Decision
Second and Medium - Coaches Decision
Second and Long - Coaches Decision

Third and Short - Coaches Decision
Third and Medium - Coaches Decision
Third and Long - Coaches Decision

Fourth and Short - Coaches Decision
Fourth and Medium - Coaches Decision
Fourth and Long - Coaches Decision

Goal Line - Coaches Decision

Final 2 mins of half (w/ lead) - Coaches Decision
Final 2 mins of half (trailing) - Coaches Decision

PR CAMPAIGNS  (OPTIONAL)

MUSICAL LICENSES (GM MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK)

1. The Greatest Show – Hugh Jackman and other cast members
Just before the players come out

2. Stingray Theme Tune https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45NtEXv7DZs Main chorus (if you can call it that) plays after each Stingrays TD

COIN TOSS PREFERENCE

Heads
Defer

Lock in

Talon

GM Dazz

Thanks Harley. The team's looking great. Now I just need to work out which of our top tier players has to spend the majority of their time warming the bench. Could I see HC Dos Santos please?
-------

Coach, first off I want to say that the coaching staff is looking really good on paper so I'm looking forward to seeing how they work with the lads out on the practice field. Nice job pulling that together. Looking at the players, I do want to talk about how we're going to play offensively in a bit but the starting lineup pretty much picks itself so I want to focus on a couple of defensive headaches I can see emerging to begin with. We'll start with my biggest area of concern at DE. Obviously Lilley is our main man but I'm not thrilled with what I'm seeing from the other options. What has really shocked me is the 2 star rating for Walker this year. I was expecting him to make big strides, particularly considering his 4 sacks and 7 TFL on limited play last season. With Clark doing well in his speed mini-camp assignment I think I'll give him another chance starting at DE but is it worth keeping Walker in a rotation to see if we can build on the good performances from last year?

Talon

Clark has earned another chance and Kyle Smith is right there too, the biggest issue holding Walker back is his lack of strength and some conditioning.  He is still best suited in that rotation role until he can prove he is capable of staying on the field.

GM Dazz

That sounds more promising than it first looked then. We'll go with that.
At DT the issue I have is better, I think we have a clear pair of starters but two promising young players behind them. How did Vance look at camp? Is Kessler starting to push Charlton for the NT slot?

Talon

He is definitely getting there.  If he was stronger he'd be ready to take the job outright in my opinion. 

With Vance, he is explosive with solid speed for his size, but he too needs to get up to pro levels of strength to really make an impact consistently, but I believe he can get there with a few good training camps.

GM Dazz

That's good to know. I'll be interested to watch both develop.
Let's talk CB. We have a fantastic group here and it feels like there's no bad combination but obviously someone is going to be disappointed. How would you want to set things up to start the season?

Talon

Well the good thing is we know Luis is here as a veteran mentor and depth, he's able to step in if needed but he is primarily working to mentor TJ.

Camp is mentoring Finny which is great as well..  If we go from a top two perspective Finnegan is obviously our #1 but Camp and Edwards are both solid now to start if needed.  Camp has the physical , IQ, and tackling advantages where TJ has that top end speed and agility but gives up some in the physicality department.   Cooney is our 4th best but only by a hair here and there, he's our best hands, still has great ability across the board and while he gives us an elite 4-man CB unit we could possibly flip him for a high return to a team in need of corner help like Alabama.  He is good enough to start for most teams and for us he could start but we could also live without him if needed, its a good problem to have.  How will he handle being in a rotation?  How will any of them handle it?   They are all young enough to want to play and old enough to not want to sit since they are all in their primes...

Talon

Just let me know how you want to line them up and we'll get right to it.  Big game with Tucson here in week 1.

GM Dazz

I brought Cooney in because I thought we needed a playmaker at CB so I'd like to use him in the nickel to begin with and see how things go. We'll make the change at DE and then leave everything else as initially set up. Thanks Coach.

Strategy Changes:
Swap Nate Clark and Alex Walker in 4-3 package
CB1: Finnegan
CB2: Camp
CB3: Cooney
CB4: Edwards

Lock in

Talon

WEEK 1 PRESS QUESTIONS

1. Discuss your performance and result for week 1. What were some sustains, and what were some improvements going into week 2?

2. Coming out of training camp and now seeing the team in week 1, what should fans expect to see this year from your club?

3. Did any news catch your eye this week?

4. Discuss your next opponent and game.

GM Dazz

1. The performance wasn't too bad but I expect better from this team and these players. The result was disappointing considering I thought we did enough to win. There were obviously a lot of positives from the game but a few things in there that really irritated me. The pick 6 and kickoff return TD gave us a great start to the game and should have handed us the momentum but our offence struggled to get going at times and between a passing game that wasn't stretching the field and a collection of disappointing penalties we weren't able to impose ourselves like we should have. We ran the ball well but 141 passing yards is always going to have you struggling. We also struggled to stop Tucson from getting first downs and we allowed them to attempt over 50 passes. You can't leave their offence on the field long enough to run that many plays and expect to win. That will eventually wear you down, which is what we saw in 4th quarter and it ultimately cost us the game. That said, I saw plenty of very good individual defensive performances as well so there's a lot to be encouraged by. We just need everyone giving their all and playing together as a unit and we'll be fine. There are a few of the senior lads out there who know they should have played better and I'm sure we'll see improvement next week.

2. It has been 1 week with a new offensive coaching staff, new offensive ideas and new players gelling into the squad. It's far too early to be talking about what to expect. I'm confident in the lads though and saw plenty to be encouraged by, as I'm sure the fans did as well.

3. It only takes one weak link for a line to fail and in a few games it seems some elite defensive players were able to spot those quickly and capitalise. Obviously huge credit goes to those future hall-of-famers for the ridiculous sack numbers they achieved in one game. I did find the analysis in the article interesting and a nice change of pace from the usual gossip and slander you normally see. Are we sure Zebow wrote it?

4. It's always important to win home division games so we're going to have to bounce back from this loss quickly. Oakland are coming off a good win and will be full of confidence so we really will need to be at our best and to try and start quickly to dent that. It was interesting to see Daley not complete a pass over 20 yards though. After his season of concussions last year might he be trying to get the ball out quickly to avoid taking any more big shots? It will be interesting to see how he copes if we can get our pass rush home early and often in this one. If we can pressure him into rushing his passes and making mistakes it could be a good day for our secondary. Either way, I'm confident in the lads and expect an improved performance this week.

Talon

Our only home game in the first quarter of the season and its a tough Oakland squad.  We need to get to Daley.

GM Dazz

Agreed so it is particularly disappointing that our starting DEs combined for 1 tackle and no sacks against Tucson. Initially I thought that looked like a good defensive performance and I was struggling to understand the 35 points allowed. Having spent a bit of time analysing the tape though it seems pretty clear that we weren't getting enough pressure on the QB and he was able to have time for plays to develop and for him to pick us off a bit deeper. I can't fault the effort by the guys in the secondary considering the forced fumbles, interceptions and PD numbers. We need more pressure from the front 7 than we saw in that game though. I expect better, particularly considering the talent we have on the d-line. Only Charlton really showed me the kind of production I was expecting from our starting 4 on the line. I'm not suggesting we make any drastic changes yet but please make sure you stress how important it is that we put Daley under pressure this week and feel free to make any tweaks to ratios or aggression you feel are needed to achieve that.

Offensive production was pretty disappointing as well but I'm currently putting that down to having to adapt to a new system and playbook. I've not spoken to Coach Evans yet. Is there much difference between what he's trying to run and what we played last season?

Talon

I chalk the pass game struggles up to the quality of corners we were up against, they made it hard to get open and it showed.

GM Dazz

I'll accept that early in the season but we should be able to scheme people open in those situations or target safeties and LBs in the passing game once our playbook becomes more familiar. If we're going to let good corners stifle our passing game we won't be able to win the Impact Bowl because we're going to have to beat good or even great corner groups to do it. But look, it's one game so let's not worry too much just yet. We lost our first 2 last season then won 10 in a row so we'll keep things as they are for now and see if a trend emerges. Thanks Coach.
--------

Harley, could I see Homer Evans please?
--------

Coach Evans, sorry we've not spoken sooner but I wanted to give you a chance to get yourself settled without my interference. I thought I'd just call you in to make sure I have a good understanding of your system and what I can do to help support you with that. From what I know you favour a more vertical passing game than perhaps we played last season, which in theory should allow us to stretch defences and help the run game. We ran the ball 60-65% on first down last season but from the off-season sheets it looks like you're setting up more balanced than that. Could you just give me the quick summary of what you're trying to build here? Are there WRs we have that suit what you need better than others? If we slowed things down a little to try and hold the ball longer would that be an issue for how you want to play?

Talon

So one of the big things that helped me land this job was my experiences in New Jersey.  Working with the Dragons offense and Reg Duke.   Duke is a lot like Hudgins in that he can win you games, but he is at his best when playing with the lead early and running a smart offense.  I like having a pass game that can adapt, take what the defense is giving.  If they try to stop us deep, we can go short.  If they try to take away the short, we go further over the top... to do that best I like to be able to run out of power sets to get their personnel mismatched and then use receivers who have a good balanced skill set.  Taking teams deep when they expect a run up the middle is a great weapon.

I'm open to changes, if you want them done.  When I coached in Vegas coming out of the college scene I ran a much more wide open spread offense with a rapid pace so we can go in any direction, really.

GM Dazz

I'm certainly not the wide open spread type but running to set up the deep pass is just how I like things. I'm not going to change anything just yet but it's good to know you're flexible so we can if I think we need to. Thanks for your input, Coach. I look forward to seeing how the team develops over the season.
--‐---

Strategy changes: none

lock in

GM Dazz

SEASON 16 - WEEK 2

1. What stood out to you about your team this week, any surprise performances good or bad?

Getting a comfortable win against a very talented division rival is what stood out to me. Getting our first home win of the season on the first try also stood out. We didn't manage that last year so I'm glad we put that right this time. It was a great way to get over a disappointing loss last week as well and hopefully the lads will take a lot of confidence from putting 40 points on Oakland and we'll be able to use that as a platform for the season. I was very pleased to see how well the run game worked this week. Some great blocking, of course, but Crawford and Mixon showed why I think they're the best running back duo in the league. Tank's 115 yards and 2 TDs on 6 carries was outstanding and it's going to give other teams another thing to worry about. We defended really well again this week and this time the score reflected that effort, which is always pleasing.

There were a couple of performances though that stood out for the wrong reason. Some of our star players, our highest paid players, have had 2 very quiet games so far this season. I expect those guys to set the standard for everyone else but what I've seen so far is well short of acceptable. It's early days so I'm not going to get too upset just yet but we have great strength in depth here so those lads need to step it up quickly or they'll soon find they become the depth players. I'm not going to name names but if the players listening to this are worried it's them I'm talking about they should probably assume it is and make sure they do something about it.

2. Discuss any news that interested you. (Cover your news first; then move on)

I'm probably just going to repeat what everyone else has said but that double punt return touchdown is a great example of why you have to play to the whistle. If my players stopped like the Predators did you can be sure I'd be reading them the riot act after the game. It's just such a poor touchdown to give away but i bet you won't see them make a similar mistake again.

I saw Kitchen is calling himself The Reality King now. I don't really know what that means but I hope we'll bring him back down to reality this week. I'm not sure I'd be mouthing off right after throwing 3 interceptions in a single game though.

3. Talk about your next match up, how do you win this game?

St Paul are a difficult team to judge at the moment. They have a new GM and a new direction so you can't be sure what you're going to see this early in a project. We do know their Head Coach very well though so hopefully there won't be too many surprises. Coach Kidwell is a great coach and an even better bloke so it'll be good to see him again. I'm just hoping he doesn't enjoy the game too much. He's got some great offensive players there we'll need to be careful of if we want to win. Kitchen is a very good quarterback but he's capable of making mistakes if you can pressure him into them. We saw both sides of him in the last game when he threw for 5 TDs and over 400 yards but also threw 3 interceptions in a 6 turnover performance from their team. I think we just need to play clean football, make sure we put Kitchen under pressure early and let our playmakers on both sides of the ball do what they do best. Offensively i think we should be able to run the ball pretty well this week and it should help set up those deeper balls. We need to be careful of Worthington of course but I'm confident in our offensive line after how they managed the Oakland d-line this week. if we play to our ability, and everyone gives their all this week, I think we have a great chance to get another win.
--------

Great win this week against Oakland. These home division games are always huge come the end of the season so i want to congratulate you on such a comprehensive victory. Should be great for morale but we need to make sure we build on it. I know it seems like a odd time to be calling players out for under performing when we've just won a big game but I think we need to be setting our expectations early. We have a few highly paid players being shown up by the backups so far and that needs to change. With that in mind, I would like to swap Lilley and Clark this week. Neither has really done anything in the first 2 games so I'd like to see if changing the angles helps spark them into life at all.

Talon

Alright, a good correction of course there.

GM Dazz

I think that's the only defensive change I want to make for now. We looked really good otherwise so more of the same please. Thanks Coach.
------

Strategy changes: Swap Lilley and Clark in 4-3 formation

Lock in

GM Dazz

SEASON 16 - WEEK 3

Not the most convincing of wins this week but it was a win nonetheless so I have to be happy with that. There was a lot to like about the performance and a few things I wasn't so happy with, particularly after such a good performance the previous week. It did feel a little like regression back towards week 1's performance when we should be getting better as the season progresses. I know it seems wrong to be complaining when we've just won a game but we have important targets that we have set ourselves and there's a level of performance we need to be meeting to achieve those and so far I think we're still a little way off that. On the positive side, the defence did a great job making plays when it really mattered and got big stops at key moments. Forced fumbles, even when you don't turn the ball over, can be real drive killers and obviously the 2 turnovers were a huge help. Sacks again can be big for killing momentum and while I'm still waiting for a couple of players to start contributing in that regard we saw others step up in impressive fashion. Finally, restricting an elite RB like McNasty to only 20 yards on the ground is always great to see and I need to congratulate the lads for their efforts there. On the other hand, allowing over 475 yards passing is going to have you losing more games than you win so we need to make sure we're tightening up on that.

Offensively, we need to do a better job of converting good drives into TDs rather than field goals. I saw a lot of really good play out there to put us in great positions but we've got to be more ruthless and take the chances we're creating. I saw Hudgins taking responsibility for that and I think it shows great maturity that he's willing to take accountability. I thought his performance was actually alright but we know he can play a lot better and the fact that he's holding himself to those higher standards is inspiring really and hopefully a few of the other lads will see that and follow his example in the locker room. I have great faith in these lads and I'm excited to see what they can achieve if they all play to their potential.

Probably the opposite example to Hudgins is what we saw from Kitchen after the game. I'm sure he's pleased with his own performance and he has a reputation to live up to but good leaders don't throw their teammates under the bus like that. McNasty had a bad day at the office but he's a great player himself and deserves a lot more respect than what he was shown there.

Talon

The Lynx are a tough squad, so getting another win going into a stretch of games we can make some headway in our division with is nice.  If we put it all together we could be 7-1 at the bye-week.

GM Dazz

Let's not get ahead of ourselves but I do know what you mean. That said, Portland have already surprised Long Beach and almost shocked Pearl Harbor as well this season so I don't want us taking them lightly. Based on their struggles on the ground and the interceptions against Vancouver it looks like a great matchup for us but I don't want to take anything for granted. I expect Rainey is going to be short of confidence though so let's pressure him and see if he crumbles. With that in mind, Cotter isn't getting the penetration I would normally expect from him but he's tackling well. I'm tempted to move him to Sam, similar to how we moved Wright last year to get more out of him, but that would put Woodard at MLB. Is he suited to playing that role?

Talon

Yeah, you wont see much sack or pressure volume from the MLB in the league if you look around; Cotter can get home he just isn't in a spot where that's his role, moving him to the sam definitely gives him more chances to attack the quarterback.   I'd be fine with Woodard in the middle.

GM Dazz

We'll do that then and thanks for the explanation. I think the Cotter is at his best when he has QBs running for their life and if o-lines are having to worry about him it might free up some space for Lilley. Other than that I think we're good for this week. I mean it sucks to maybe be missing our starting guards but the backups get a chance to show what they can do and there's not much else we can do about it. We'll look at things in more detail next week. Cheers Coach.
--------

Harley, could you ask Hudgins to come and see me please?
--------

Steven, I saw your comments in the media and I just wanted to let you know I appreciate you taking responsibility like you did. I think it shows great leadership. I know how good you really are and we all saw that towards the end of last season so I have no concerns about your ability or your performances so far. I trust you'll keep working to improve every game and as you get used to the system changes I'm sure you'll thrive and the TDs will come.

Talon

Thanks boss, I came into this season determined to hold myself accountable and lead by example.  I hope that by doing so others will do the same and we'll be better for it.