SAN JUAN HURRICANES [GM LUCAS]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 11:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Lucas

I'll send it in, and when I get my coach hire instructions ready, I'll pass them alone.

Welcome to San Juan Puerto Rico Mississippi, where the water is warm, the weather is hot and the women are blazing!

Talon

Target rich environment, I'm lookin' forward to spending my off days on these beaches with these...  you know the rest.

Alright my man, damn happy to be here.  It's gonna be a helluva ride!

GM Lucas

It sure will be, So, do you have any suggestions for coordinators you would like to work with, or should I just go and make some recommendations?

GM Lucas

Coach here is my list, but I would also like to see your preferences so that way I know we are bringing in people you would like to work with or can work with because of similar styles and approaches.

Talon

WITH YOUR STAFF FULLY HIRED, YOU ARE INVITED TO THE SCOUTING COMBINE.  YOU MAY SUBMIT YOUR SPENDING VIA THE LEAGUE OFFICE.

Talon

Hola, After signing our draft picks we have 19 open roster positions to fill with $31MM in salary cap and we have $250K in bonus. We need to add a Punter, A free safety, 4 linebackers, a defensive tackle, and the remaining roster spots are all flexible.  We also have $3.93MM in off-season bonus money remaining as well.

The experts over Pro Football Focus gave us a draft score of 82.0 which was 18th in the league.

If you have any questions, let me know asap.

GM Lucas

82, well damn, half the draft picks weren't even scouted so having a score better than nearly half the league, Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit. I'll take it.

As far as budgets are concerned, 31 Mil ain't bad, there's a lot of rookies looking for a shot. Let me mark this down.......there you go

I'm ready for some free agency, let's go!

Talon

GM Lucas, we have received a fine for communicating with an agent or player about out of turn.  This form of tampering has resulted in a $100K fine that we must pay from either our off-season or S18 bonus fund.

please league office the payment ASAP and be careful, as the punishment could be more severe next time.

Talon

...and now that we've done it a second time, we need to add another $125K to that fine.

Talon

OMG STOP!   We're adding another $150K!  So thats $375K   PLEASE STOP!

GM Lucas

Oh man, I knew that too and just offered like a idiot. I'll stop now.

GM Lucas

Ms. Marisol, before we get into the FA grab bag can I get a up to date budget check in please.

Talon

My records show we have 9 roster spots to fill with $13MM in salary, $5MM in international bonus, $1.75MM in S18 bonus, and $2.36MM in off-season bonus.

GM Lucas

Thank you, but there is one thing I am off here. I have us with only needing to fill 8 spots not 9. May I see your sheet to compare where the discrepancy is?

Talon

I've sent it to you on your private discord.

GM Lucas

Awesome, while I got you here can you get me Agent Rosenhaus

---

Good afternoon, I'm still interested in signing your client DT Ronald Burke, I was offering vet minimum last time. I can bump it to 1.5. for 1 year

Talon

We're looking for $2.5MM to sign today, baby.

GM Lucas

Alright, you got me. Consider it done. 2.5 it is.

Talon

Hey man, WTF?!  Ronald agrees to sign and you instead sign his brother Donald to a deal?!  That's freaking dirty pool!

You just made the list, baby.   and its not a list you want to be on!

GM Lucas

it was a typo I'm willing to correct, I mean I don't even see his brother on the free agency list. Relax Seth. I can just correct it. I'll make the change and make it an even 3MM. Nothing to get crazy about. Are we in agreement. I mean honestly, is there even a Donald Burke?

Talon

Talon

[STEVE ROSENHAUS IS NOW YOUR ENEMY]

GM Lucas

(PUTS THE WHISKEY DOWN)

Is this where we are where players futures are being dictated over agents who are getting bitter over name gaffs in the middle of one of the most stressful times. I visit my nieces and nephews and call them all the wrong names all the time. It natural, we are human. I have 100 names in front of me. These things happen. Are we telling players they won't get contracts because agents are getting mad over how names are said, is that what's happening. Do the players know their futures are being altered over this, I'm here having a drink, trying to get a roster filled and now I have to look for a team to take your client, I mean are we conducting business or what. Let's take a step back. Take a deep breath and think rational for one moment. We have always had a great business relationship, I'm here a bit tipsy, I apologize if this got out of hand but come on. Let's not ruin years of good business dealings over a gaff?

Talon

I'm sorry sir but he hung up.  Probably best to keep our distance from Mr. Rosenhaus.  I'd suggest trading his player who requested a trade or we risk him jumping ship to the PFL and we get nothing.

GM Lucas

No Prob, Screw that guy, way to emotional at a stressful time. Can you get me Amber Molina please

--

Ms Molina, my paperwork shows that your client, DT Ruben LaPorta is available, if he is I would like to bring him on for 1.5 MM for 1 year.

Talon

Talon

Hello GM Lucas, I appreciate that this has been a stressful time for you, and I regret to inform you that your trade with Dallas involves a draft pick that you do not possess.

You traded your 4th round pick for S19 to the Las Vegas Scorpions here:

QuoteLas Vegas Scorpions Receive
C Ryan Ruiz
S19 4th
3 mil intl

Sydney Stingrays Receive
C Thomas Maggard
Las Vegas retain 2mil

as a result, your organization has been fined $1MM from your either your off-season or S18 bonus fund.  You are also required to satisfy Dallas with a form of reparation for the mistake.  If Dallas is dissatisfied with the resolution of this trade you will be subject to a further fine and potential arbitration.

Please remedy this issue immediately before continuing business.

GM Lucas

(Wakes up on the office couch and looks at an empty glass)

What a night.

(Leaves the office and walks into the office break room for some coffee and heads back to his office)

Let's see if we can figure this all out. ok

Ms. Marisol, can you get me Ms Molina

--

Ms Molina, my paperwork shows that your client, DT Ruben LaPorta is available, if he is I would like to bring him on for 1.5 MM for 1 year.

Talon

GM Lucas

GM Lucas

Ms. Marisol, the FA list I have in front of me shows that Francisco Bien represents LB Octavio Muse, if that's correct and Musse is still available, which I believe he is, can you get him on the line please

--

Mr. Bien, I would like to offer your client a shot to play in Puerto Rico. I need a veteran LB with expearie4nces, and I remember him playing foe me when I was at Vancouver, I was wondering if he would be willing to once again come play for me. I would like to sign him for 1 year at 1MM.

Talon

GM Lucas

I'll send it in, and sorry about the mumbling there. I have serious cotton mouth. Thank you Mr Bien.

Talon

Hey, its okay.. just make sure the league office is not messed up, yeah?

GM Lucas

Will Do.

---

Ms Marisol can you get me Mr Maker on the line

-----

Mr Maker, I'm interest in signing a man I drafted last season to come back and be a part of my Oline, Williams McWilliams. I would like to give him a multiyear deal. Thinking 2M for two years.

Talon

Not my first choice, but we'll take it.

GM Lucas

Sounds good. I'll get it in. Thank you

---

Ms Marisol can you get me C, Harry Ham. looks like he representing himself

---

Mr. Ham, I was wondering if you were interested in coming in and being a veteran and experience pretense to some of our young O-line and being our #2 behind Delmar Kane. I would like to offer you 1 year at 1 MM.

GM Lucas

(Takes sip of water,)

Excuse me, Presence, being an experienced presence to our young o-line

Talon

Sorry sir, but he told me if it was not for a starting job, he was not interested.

GM Lucas

Fair enough. Let's go ahead and contact Mr JTC please.

--

Mr Crain, Seems like you have a few rookies available, on particularly I'd like to sign if he's still available. C Bobby Rich. Let's get him in here for 1 year at the UDFA wage of 500K. think he could learn a ton from Delmar as he develops.

Talon

GM Lucas

Great, while I have you on the line, I see DT Kevin Veal is still available. I have a 1 year 1MM dollar contract for him if he wants it.

Talon

GM Lucas

Will do, always happy to do business with you JTC.

---

Ms Marisol, can you get me agent Molina again

---

Ms. Molina, looks like your client Cinnamon Snaps is still available. I have a deal for 1 year worth 1 Million if she wants to come to Puerto Rico

Talon

GM Lucas

Awesome. While you are on the line, what if I brought in your client TE Ted Rojas for 1 year at 1MIL

Talon

GM Lucas

Talon