LONDON HARRIERS [GM OLDFIELD]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 11:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

That's what I want to hear.  Enjoy a talent like his, they don't grow on trees.   No off you go.  Enjoy a well earned holiday.

GM Oldfield

Thank you sir.

Lock in till the offseason

Talon

Greetings Mr. Oldfield, my name is Jessica Seaborn.  I'm replacing Ms. Bloodsworth, apparently she went a little too wild at a blood drive and yeah... so here I am, a lot more um... whatever the opposite of nocturnal is?
  Anyways, looking forward to working with you! Here is our budget and roster outlook going into the off-season including what I have down for our draft picks.  Please contact me if you see anything out of place.

Talon

Hello!

I am Sophia -- Self Optimizing Processor w/ Human-like Intelligent Abilities  Advanced Utility for Resource Optimization, Reporting, & Administration model 1 of 1.

I am now interfacing with your systems.  This will only take an estimated time of 45 minutes.

:

:

:

:

:

Purging.

:

:

:

:

:

hmm... that is interesting.

:

:

:

:

:

Analyzing.

:

:

:

:

:

Rerouting connection.

:

:

:

:

:

Rerouting successful!

:

:

:

:

:

Terminating link.

:

:

:

:

:

I am now testing functions within your system to ensure successful restoration of operations.

:

:

:

:

:

Your systems have been restored!

Goodbye!

Talon

I've got our budget in hand. I'll start putting together my staff ASAP.   Jokes on the rest of the league if they think they'll have a better staff than we do. HAHA

Talon

Greetings again,

With the free for all starting now, here is what I have on our team sheet.  Please note this does not factor any signings we may or may not have made and failed to league office, so if we have signed a player recently but not yet sent his deal to the league office, I do not count that.   

Currently I have us with:

5 Open Roster spots.

7.65MM Remaining Salary.

2MM Remaining Bonus.

880K Remaining Off-Season Bonus.

6MM Remaining International Bonus.

This will be our only roster/budget update for the rest of the off-season, so if you have a discrepancy we need to speak in private and compare sheets and comb the league office to make sure we are on the same page.

GM Oldfield

Bobby Shapiro please,

Bobby, I'd like to bring in your client, James Sanders, to my QB team next year under the watchful eye of Steven Crawford. Could a 2 year deal at 2MM a year make that happen?

Talon

GM Oldfield

Thank you Bobby

Eli Harris please

Mr Harris, your client WR Richard Andrews, how about 1 year at 500k?

Talon

GM Oldfield

Great. How about the same deal for G Steve Anders?

Talon

GM Oldfield

Great Thanks.

Mike Maker please,

Mr Maker, id like to give Rory Dover a chance to play at home for a season. Would a 1 year 3MM deal as 2M wages and 1M bonus get it done?

Talon

GM Oldfield

Dilly Dilly!

While we are here, your chap Robert McKenzie hasn't found a team yet. Would a 2 year deal at 2MM a year bring him to London?

Talon

Sorry, not interested at that price.

GM Oldfield

No problem Mike thanks for your time

Steve Rosenhaus Please,

Mr Rosenhaus, I wanted to speak to you about your client Neil Downing. I would like to bring him to London for the year, my offer is a 1 year contract at 1.5MM wages. Thanks

Talon

We'd do $2MM for the year, but that's the best we can do.

GM Oldfield

I accept that deal. Thanks for your time

GM Oldfield

Talon

Its time to spread our wings and fly.

GM Oldfield

Welcome back, what was the most challenging part of the off-season, and where do you think you did the best as GM of this club?

Thank you, it's great to be back. I feel it's hard to pin point one aspect of the offseason that's the most challenging, the whole period is busy and difficult as we attempt to build on the great strides we took forward last year. Whether it's free agency, the draft, the various showcases, each GM is trying to squeeze as much out of their team sheets as possible and improve in all facets, it's really where us GM's can show our worth. For me I feel I did best achieving a balance of young, hungry rookies, experienced vets that can add something different and giving a chance to home grown talent.

After a long off-season, the regular season is within reach.  What is your view of pre-season?  Valuable or Pointless?

It's nice to be able to dust off the cobwebs and give an opportunity to guys who are knocking on the door and wanting more playing time.

Will you completely sit any of your players for the pre-season, or is it all hands on deck in the traditional pre-season limited capacity?'

I certainly have some thoughts on one or two I feel may not benefit from the preseason games, but it's a discussion I need to have with my coaching team before decisions are made

Having just met with your boss, the team's owner; what do you think about their expectations for you this season?

I believe they match my ambitions for this club and where I believe I can go this season and beyond.

The fans are clamoring, what should they expect this season from a record stand point?  Are you thinking this is a rebuilding season?  Is this a season where you will be middle of the pack and near .500?  Is this a club that should win 10+ games?  Is this team a lock to win the division, or is this team simply a real-deal Impact Bowl Contender and everything else is trivial?

I feel there is a lot of excitement and anticipation from the fans this year and rightly so. We are favourites for the division, and thats certainly our first target this season. I believe we have the guys to be a great team, and believe we can challenge anyone this year.

What's the biggest position competition you're looking forward to with your team's pre-season games?

I feel the majority of our starters are set but there's a lot of depth at WR, OT, LB and CB that I am excited to see make a play to get more field time.

Look across the league, which team from the opposite conference do you think will be competing for the Impact Bowl when it's all said and done?

That's a tough one. You have the current champions who you can't rule out, Winnipeg I feel are still a force in that conference, and Oakland are emerging as a potential heavyweight. One of those three.

Make a bold prediction about this season:

DC will be without a GM by week 8.

Talon

What you do call a good team without a quarterback?

GM Oldfield

I don't know, What do you call a good team without a quarterback?

Talon

NOTHING!   You can't have a good team without a good quarterback!   ...Suck it DC!

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

GM Oldfield

Hahahahahahahahaha! I've missed you coach.

It's an exciting time to be a harrier. We are looking good and I can't wait to see us in action. Just a couple of questions about the depth chart following training camp. Firstly, is Waddle now our primary receiver and de facto WR1?

Talon

What does a man with two penises say when the tailor asks if he dresses to the left or right?

Talon

GM Oldfield

Haha!

How do you feel about resting Doss during pre season? Is he the kinda guy who just loves to play or would he appreciate the protection?

Talon

To me, it's like putting a condom on a barbed wire baseball bat, Safety First!

GM Oldfield

I...........eerrrrr..... think I see the analogy? Like frying sausages in the buff, needlessly risky

Talon

GM Oldfield

Great stuff. Well let's not beat around the bush coach.  Let's get this show on the road.

Playing time: Mixed

Pre-season depth chart

QB1:Adam Starr
QB2: James Sanders
QB2: Lincoln Doss

RB1: Julius Robles
RB2: Milton Vaughan
RB3: Rob Lovejoy

FB: Pip Oliver

TE1:Lawrence Bates
TE2:Logan Espinoza

WR1: Jaylen Waddle
WR1b/WR4: (backup for WR1): Grady Ashby

WR2:Andrew Littlejohn
WR2b/WR5:Richard Andrews

WR3:Ned Frederick
WR3b/WR6: Rory Dover

LT1:Charles Bailey
LT2:Stefan Elkins

LG1:Dave Johnson
LG2: Frank Norris

C1:Patrick Faber
C2:Earl Ortiz

RG1:Kirby Cantrell
RG2:Frank Norris
RG3: Steve Anders

RT1:William Wilson
RT2:Neil Downing

DT1:Harry Steele
DT2: Noah Oldfield
DT3:Graham Lynch
DT4:George Hardin

LDE1:Henry Patten
LDE2:Isaac Oldfield

RDE1:Gerald Roberts
RDE2: Isaac Oldfield
RDE3: Armando Kim

ROLB1:Angel Smith
ROLB2:Gary Ware

MLB1: Cecil Kellog
MLB2: James Box

LOLB1: George Manning
LOLB2: Tyrone Aranda

CB1: James Newell
CB1b/CB5: Eric Evans
CB2: Scott Sprague
CB2b/CB6: Murray Abbott

CB3:Gregory Creed
CB3b: Samuel Goode

CB4: David Shaw
CB4b: Samuel Goode

FS1: Eddie Thomas
FS2: Cleo Santana

SS1: Dave Funk
SS2: Wilbert Billings

K: Matthew Johnson

P: Joe Howell

KR1: Rory Dover
KR2: Gregory Creed
KR3: Andrew Littlejohn
KR4: Ned Frederick

PR1: Rory Dover
PR2: Gregory Creed
PR3 Andrew Littlejohn

LOCK IN

GM Oldfield

What did you take away from this slate of pre-season games?

As nice as it is to go 3-0 the results don't mean anything. What I took away is how the rookies and new signings have bought into Coach Crawfords system early on. This should ensure we hit the ground running week 1, and really hit our potential this season.

Which player stood out the most to you from your team?

Bit of a wild card but the rookie WR Richard Andrews. Couple of touchdowns, over 100 receiving yards. That kinda pre-season effort deserves some applause. Work hard, soak up all the knowledge around you, buy into the system, and you can go far. A lesson for everyone.

Did anyone surprise you and earn a starting job?

I am not sure anyone surprised me but there's a few guys who didn't do themselves any harm with their performances. Guys like Wilson, with ten pancakes game 3, Isaac O with 3 forced fumbles. Players on the fringe of starting positions are going about their pursuits the right way and it's a joy to see.

[B Does the pre-season change your feeling about your teams potential this season?[/B]

No. I was  confident we can achieve success this season and this pre season reinforced that.

Talk about your opponent for week 1, and what it will take to win.

Hosting Seattle, a team who have made leaps this offseason. They have some great players on defence to contain good quarterbacks, but fortunately we don't have any old guy under centre, we have THE guy.

Talon

Artificial intelligence and I have something in common: we both learn from our mistakes. But unlike me, AI doesn't have any embarrassing childhood photos.

GM Oldfield

Let's find out this week if AI can cry when they lose. I am pretty sure it's no. But it doesn't hurt to double check.

I think my only question for the starters really is right tackle. Tell me about Wilson, Downing and Elkins. Any impress you in preseason? Who's the strongest? And who's the best pass blocker?

Talon

All three performed well.  Elkins is strongest and the best pass blocker and the best overall.  He should start, but anyways...

Why is Twitter such a good dancer?

GM Oldfield

I don't know coach, why is twitter such a good dancer?

Talon

Its all about the Algorithm

GM Oldfield

Haha! Coach. Let's do this.

QB1: Lincoln Doss
QB2:Adam Starr
QB3: James Sanders

RB1: Julius Robles
RB2: Milton Vaughan
RB3: Rob Lovejoy

FB: Pip Oliver

TE1:Lawrence Bates
TE2:Logan Espinoza

WR1: Jaylen Waddle
WR1b/WR4: (backup for WR1): Ned Frederick

WR2:WR2b/WR5:Rory Dover

WR3:Andrew Littlejohn

WR3b/WR6: Richard Andrews

LT1:Charles Bailey
LT2:Stefan Elkins
LT3 William Wilson

LG1:Dave Johnson
LG2: Frank Norris

C1:Patrick Faber
C2:Earl Ortiz

RG1:Kirby Cantrell
RG2:Frank Norris
RG3: Steve Anders

RT1:Stefan Elkins
RT2:Neil Downing
RT3 William Wilson

DT1:Harry Steele
DT2: Noah Oldfield
DT3:Graham Lynch
DT4:George Hardin

LDE1:Henry Patten
LDE2:Isaac Oldfield

RDE1:Gerald Roberts
RDE2: Isaac Oldfield
RDE3: Armando Kim

ROLB1 James Box
ROLB2:Gary Ware

MLB1: Cecil Kellog
MLB2: George Manning 

LOLB1: George Manning
LOLB2: Angel Smith

CB1: Eric Evans
CB1b/CB5: James Newell 
CB2: James Newell 
CB2b/CB6: Gregory Creed 

CB3:Samuel Goode
CB3b: Gregory Creed 

CB4: Gregory Creed
CB4b: Scott Sprague

CB5: Scott Sprague

CB6: David Shaw
CB7: Murray Abbott 

FS1: Eddie Thomas
FS2: Cleo Santana

SS1: Dave Funk
SS2: Wilbert Billings

K: Matthew Johnson

P: Joe Howell

KR1: Rory Dover
KR2: Gregory Creed
KR3: Andrew Littlejohn
KR4: Ned Frederick

PR1: Rory Dover
PR2: Gregory Creed
PR3 Andrew Littlejohn

LOCK IN

GM Oldfield

Talk us through opening week, what went as expected?  Where did you exceed expectations, and where did you fall short?

Barring Bates' gut-wrenching injury, it was the perfect start. Offensively Doss the Boss was spraying it about like a bottle of Bollinger, resuming where he left off last season, and Robles showed what a true all-purpose back he is. Defensively, we were stingier than Fosters when it's his round, we caused the quarterback problems, Creed pulled two out of the air, and the Funkerdactyl was outstanding in the secondary.

Where did we fall short? Just me and my right royal 'male chicken' up.

Which player stood out the most to you from your opponents team?

The young running back Obi was outstanding on the ground. Think he will turn a few heads this year.

What is your initial thoughts on the news coming from Ashby's agent? What happened?

Look, I have to be honest, plain and simply, I messed Bollinger. I will address it with the player, because I owe him the apology not you folks. But the fault lies with me and me alone.

Do you feel like you put your team in the best position for success coming into this week 1 game?

No. An outstanding WR who caught for 1123 yards and 12 touchdowns last year, was sat at home because of my inability to put out a correct team sheet. Luckily this is an awesome bunch of guys and we won comfortably despite my mishap.

Talk about your opponent for week 2 and what you will need to see from your team.

Really impressed with what GM Powers is assembling over in Milwaukee. Offensively they are young and exciting, and can hurt teams in both the air and on the ground. We will be tested, but I have confidence in this group of lads. They are good. But we are great.

Talon

What do you call a WR without a spot on the depth chart?

GM Oldfield

Talon

Aww man, how'd you guess?

...anyways, no laughing matter.  Better handle that business.

GM Oldfield

Right coach. I won't take up any more of your time. Great job this week.

Grady Ashby please,

Mr Ashby, I am so sorry. I'd love to see here and say 'I was resting you' or I had a good reason for you not being there, but the simple truth is I completely fucked up and as I reformatted the sheet I deleted your name. I have done some stupid things in my life but not much has made me feel so ashamed. I can't imagine how crap it feels to be geared up for week 1 and not see your name. I'm sorry.

Talon

Pretty shitty man.  It's not just that I didn't play, but I flew my family out to see me play.  Flew them from Louisiana, man.   My grans, she's never seent me play before. Brought her, my moms, my sisters, it was a freaking plane load of family.  They come cross the pond, I pay for their hotels, for all those stupid double decker bus tours and shit... then they sit and watch a game that I don't even get in for, I'm just sitting there with my helmet waiting for the call.

At first I thought Coach was doing one of his shitty jokes, but when I asked to get in and he showed me the chart didn't have me on it, I was big mad.

So yeah, I'm still BIG MAD.  My Grans still ain't seen me play and I blew all that cash to get them here, for what?

GM Oldfield

Oh man I am such an arsehole.

Listen, I have 250k of bonus money. How about I use it to get the Ashby's to Milwaukee this week? Flights, accommodation, tickets, and most importantly, their Grady stepping out onto that field and balling out?

Talon

As long as they get some bottles of Bollinger.

GM Oldfield

I'll send a couple of bottles from my own collection. One to enjoy on the way and one to toast the win at the end.