LONDON HARRIERS [GM OLDFIELD]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 11:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Oldfield

Yeah apologies I was thinking of the barons game where he ran for -4 yards at 4 carries. Makes his yards per carry this year even more phenomenal.

How do you feel about dialling the run up a bit? Or are you just more comfortable with the current amounts? I just feel he's got the explosive play in him just getting him the opportunity. As long as he's focused and it's nothing going on behind the scenes with him.

Talon

I'm as flexible as an adult film star in a yoga scene.

GM Oldfield

Ok let's dial up rushing like 10%. I don't want to micro manage it you are the coach and I'm sure you know what that looks like in each down. I'll add words in the lock in to that effect does that work?

Talon

GM Oldfield

Thanks coach.

Cecil Kellogg please.

Cecil great to have you back on the pitch where you belong. How are things on defence feeling? Any concerns or worries?

Talon

No real concerns right now boss. Just need to get back in the win column.

GM Oldfield

Yeah I think the biggest show of strength a team can have when a team bounces back with a strong win. Especially against a division rival

Talon

For sure.  That's the focus.

GM Oldfield

Let's bounce back and grab the win.

Up running by 10% in packages.

No other changes

LOCK IN

GM Oldfield

Morning ladies and gentlemen,

Really disappointed with the result but cannot fault the performance from my guys. Would have been the biggest road win of my career and to get seconds away is gut wrenching but we need to remain focused on the positives. We are an elite group of lads who I still believe can win this division, and in Starr we have the best QB2 in the league. Unbelievable performance and deserved the big W. Injuries have hurt us this year, but we have the mental resolve to deal with whatever is put before us.

We move on with a tricky game against Cleveland. I'm a big fan of what Wayne's built there and am an admirer of his aggressive approach and way of working. But this week I hope the boys make him look like his surname should be 'Kerr'.

Talon

How concerned are you with injuries?  Between Doss' wrist continuing to bother him and others starting to pile up, are you concerned about your team losing games it should win because of this?

GM Oldfield

The injuries highlight the importance of a highly competitive squad, so that the next man in can continue to perform at that level. Blaming our two losses on injuries would do the men who have come in a disservice. Although I am as disappointed as Lincoln is I would rather he come back when medically cleared and 100% fit than risk and re injury.

Talon

GM Oldfield

Who's that? That better not be Lincoln? Protect your wrist use the doorbell!

Talon

GM Oldfield

Talon

Owen-Two since the bye week...

We have to get back on track this week!

GM Oldfield

Indeed sir!

I have seen a couple of teams already throwing in the towel and looking at trades. What would you say are the three positions we could improve on the most?

Talon

I really hate this question, but since you've asked I'm going to expect to see you make these upgrades to satisfy me.

Running Back.  Clearly Robles isn't consistently doing what we need him to do.

Defensive Tackle.  I don't know what's going on there but Oldfield and Steele have combined for a whole lot of nothing.  I'm not sure if its them or the fit in the scheme or what, but 3 tackles and 4 hurries for Steele is a real disappointment and Noah having 1 sack in 21 career games, and having zero pressures this year and only one TFL this year is just not getting it done.

Strong Safety.  Funk is not playing well in coverage and isn't really making up for it in run defense other than a couple of forced fumbles, so I think we could do better there.

GM Oldfield

It's a question I don't like to ask but I'll do whatever I can to make us better this year.

Thanks for your help coach. I'll let you get back.

Eric Evans please,

EE! Great to see you. I know the last two weeks haven't been ideal but I truly believe in this squad and hoping the belief in their ability is still there. How are things in the locker room?

Talon

The back to back losses and seeing Doss not being ready to play sucks.  I'm not the only one feeling unhappy right now. Quite a few of us feel pretty crappy right now, boss.

GM Oldfield

I could sit here and give a pep talk and say a lot of buzz words but I think the only thing to turn those frowns upside down are wins. A big win against Cleveland this week will really perk the lads up

Talon

It would definitely be a step in the right direction.   The team is fired up to win and the fan base is being very vocal that they want us to make GM Wayne look like a fool.

GM Oldfield

Hoping we can get some Wayne Kerr chants going in the crowd. Let's give them something to cheer about

Talon

Coach's Jokes are rubbing off on you, haha... 

Damn, no pun intended but rubbing off, Wayne Kerr... damn I'm a hoot!

GM Oldfield

Haha! We will have our own night at the chuckle hut with this level of stand up soon! Portland may be smart football, but we're fun football!

Thanks for your time sir.

Oldfield's mood darkens when he reads the trade discussion thread  

Just like they same in the entertainment industry: Never work with animals, children or moronic GM's.

Let's lock in

GM Oldfield

These past three weeks has not been to the standard we have set, and expect as an organisation. Everyone, from the kitchen staff through to the players know that we are a team who should be competing with for the impact bowl, and it's time to time to prove it. I hold a high degree of accountability and expectation, and that includes myself. I apologise to the fans, and vow to do everything in my power to put us back where we should be.

Talon

What do call a one legged woman?

GM Oldfield

I don't know. What do you call a one legged woman?

Talon

Eileen!

..and what do you call a one legged Japanese Woman?

GM Oldfield

Haahahahaahaha

I don't know boss. What?

Talon

Irene!!!

Hahahahahaha!

But wait!

...what do you call a one legged Samoan woman?!

GM Oldfield

Hahaahahahahaha!

I don't know what do you call a one legged Samoan woman?

Talon

GM Oldfield

Hahaha you sir are a comedy genius!

So last week you gave me three positions to look for improvements. What are your thoughts on what we've brought in?

Talon

Time will tell.  If Tuilagi plays the MVP level football he's showed before, its going to be a game changer. 

GM Oldfield

Indeed.

In terms of DT I was thinking of Clyde Scott as DT1 and then rotating Oldfield and Steele either side of him. Thoughts?

Talon

It looks good to me, we can adjust after a week or two if we don't like it.

GM Oldfield

Ok great coach. I'm gonna have a walk down to the practice field and have a chat with the players. Please join me.

Oldfield heads to the practice field as training ends

Lads, just a quick few words.

I know these last three weeks have been rough, and not to the standard any of us expect. We didn't think we'd be sitting 3-3, but luckily there is a long way to go. This week I have brought in three outstanding talents to join us and I hope that reinforces that I believe our time is now, and we have the players to go all the way. I believe in each and every one of you, and I want you to believe in yourselves too. This week we can show Amsterdam that we are not just the best team in Europe, not just the best team in this division, but the best team in HIFL!

Talon

Mahalo, Boss.   

Look, you guys don't know me very well personally yet, but let me tell you something right now brudda!

I don't play this game to be "a good team."   I don't play to be named "MVP"  I don't care about those individual things..
I play this game to run these assholes over and be the best team in the sport!  I am here in London now, and that means my whole focus is bringing the Impact Bowl trophy to The UK, brudda!

HOLLA IF YOU HEAR ME!

GM Oldfield

HOLLA!!!

That's the kinda energy we need! Let's show this league we mean business!

Talon

GM Oldfield

RB1 Alesana Tuilagi

DT1 Clyde Scott
DT2 Harry Steele
DT3 Noah Oldfield

SS1 James Fitzpatrick

LOCK IN

GM Oldfield

Id love to talk about the game but im lost for words. We ran well with Tuilagi and Doss was a Boss. I'm at a loss for word. Of all the teams as well? We have aspirations for glory we can't be losing to these muppets. Embarrassing.

Talon

Do you feel that the team needs to be more balanced after only running with Tuilagi 8 times?

GM Oldfield

Talon

Well, that wasn't funny at all.

GM Oldfield

Coach. I'm baffled. Normally I have got something positive to say. Normally I can put on a brave face and see the positives. But my word, 24-14 with 4 minutes to go and we shit the bed

Talon

Disappointing. Needed to score or get a stop, and we didnt do either.  Newell got hurt on the 2nd to last drive, so not having him out there hurt the secondary and let them pick on Creed.

GM Oldfield

As the coach is there anything you feel isn't right with the one we are set up? I know that media woman asked me about balance or running it more but I don't feel that's my decision, the coach should be running the scheme that he's comfortable with