LONDON HARRIERS [GM OLDFIELD]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 11:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

No time for jokes.  If we want to win the division we have to win this game.

GM Oldfield

Indeed coach. Only concern is Cantrell and yet another season ending injury for the team. Can Norris hold up? Who would be the best back up after those two?

Talon

Norris has to step up.  He's okay, but unproven.  He'll hopefully hold the line.

GM Oldfield

Excellent let's not mess about then

Norris OG2 (RG)

LOCK IN

Talon

TWO WEEKS REMAIN.  FEEL FREE TO LOCK IN FOR BOTH WEEKS, IF YOU WANT TO

GM Oldfield

Hey guys really appreciate your time.

Absolutely fantastic result this week. Salt lake are an incredibly talented team destined to lock up their division for the next few years, and so to win so convincingly in their own back year really felt great. It maintained our push towards the playoffs, and kept the momentum building. not many teams will near 50 against that renegade defence, and our defence was incredible in all facets. We had pressure from Roberts and patten on the front line, manning and Kellog doing everything, and our secondary allowing very little. Pleased all round.

But we can't rest on our laurels and we have two bigs games to finish the regular season. First New Jersey, who are in really good form and are always a huge talent with an incredibly talents young side. We need the players to continue this great run of form, we need to fans behind us, and we can book our spot in the post season

Talon

Has another team had a season like us?  Back up QB slinging the ball for most of the year, yet here we are, a chance to keep our season alive,  kind of funny when you think about it.

GM Oldfield

Back up QB, 3 other season ending injuries for starters, and here we are breaking GM hearts. Let's break some more this week

LOCK IN  

GM Oldfield

Disappointing defeat against a divisional rival. I don't want to reflect to much on that because it's time to look at the final week of the season. Where everyone should know the simple scenario; win and we're playing post-season football

Talon

Amsterdam would love nothing more than to break their 8 game losing streak and ruin our season all at the same time.   We don't want to have to "hope" that Detroit and/or Alabama loses for us to make the playoffs. Lets get this 10th win and show everyone who thought we were dead in the water that the Joke is on them.

GM Oldfield

Let's do it coach

LOCK IN

Talon

PLAYOFF PRESS CONFERENCE -- TALK ABOUT THE END OF THE SEASON, YOUR PLACE IN THE PLAYOFFS, AND HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT YOUR CHANCES TO MAKE A RUN AT THE IMPACT BOWL

GM Oldfield

Hello all, welcome to London and thanks all for taking the time to attend this press conference.

So despite the injuries and set backs this year, the London Harriers are once again a playoff team and I couldn't be happier! We needed to take care of business against an Amsterdam team who were playing their impact bowl and the boys duly delivered. We all know how much they wanted to derail us and try and add some gloss to their season and maybe even save T-bones job, so to limit them to 0 points and win so convincingly was fantastic. I couldn't be prouder and the kings of Europe March on.

How far can we go in the playoffs? Well I firmly believe the sky's the limits. We have beaten DC this season, we have beaten Alabama this season, we should fear no one as on our day I believe we can beat anyway.

But first off we take on an exceptionally young, talented and hungry Cancun side who just won and exceptionally tough division and will be looking to progress as our we. We need to remain focused, hit our assignments, and show the world that London are hear for the long run.

More than happy to answer any questions.

Talon

What is black and blue and orange and missed the playoffs?

GM Oldfield

Talon

GM Oldfield

Hahaha. Well their GM is trying to be a stand up too judging by his press conference. Guess it's a career change for him when he's inevitably sacked.

Coach, time to assemble the staff. I'll meet them down in the practice field. No one would be stupid enough to send all 53 players and coaches to their office.

Oldfield goes down to the practice field, waiting for every member of staff to gather

Guys thanks for coming. I first wanted to say how proud I am of each and every one of you this season. Despite all the injuries, we have managed to have back to back 10 win seasons and once again make the post season. You should all be immensely proud.

But do we want to be remembered as a team who made the playoffs? Or something much much more? That is for us to decide. Every week I have stated how I believe you are the very best this league has to offer, how we should fear no one, and how we can be a team to remember for years and years. And I truly mean it. You all know what you need to do, you all have a huge role to play, and I have the upmost faith you will do this organisation, these fans and myself proud.

So let's roll up our sleeves, don our sun cream, and bring it to cancun. Because we are harriers, birds of prey, and it's time to feast!

Talon

Lets take their black flag and rip it to shreds!

GM Oldfield

Talon

END OF SEASON PRESS CONFERENCE

1. You got off to an incredibly hot start but it seemed like after half time the team was just flat, but you still managed to not only force overtime, but score on your opening possession.    Talk about the emotional roller coaster of this game.

2. Do you think the playoff OT format is fair?

3. What does this team need to do to make it deeper into the playoffs next season?

WHEN YOU HAVE CONCLUDED YOUR PRESS CONFERENCE YOU WILL BE LOCKED UNTIL THE PRE-OFFSEASON (POST-IMPACT BOWL WEEK)

GM Oldfield

You got off to an incredibly hot start but it seemed like after half time the team was just flat, but you still managed to not only force overtime, but score on your opening possession.    Talk about the emotional roller coaster of this game.

Yes we may have caught them cold at the beginning and got off to a dream start. But the sign of a good team is you just know they're gonna find a way back and in the same vain they caught us napping a bit early in the third quarter. Lesser teams may have folded at that point but to get us into OT and do so well there shows our determination and I am proud of the lads

Do you think the playoff OT format is fair?

No I think it's more fair than the non playoff format. I have never understood the next goal wins mentality that regular season football has and feel you really get the best out of the teams by giving them full quarters. I certainly have no qualms about a format we also knew going into the game.

What does this team need to do to make it deeper into the playoffs next season?

I think we could do with a plan B, or certainly options on both sides of the ball, plus a little luck with injuries. 

Talon

...we weren't ready to end our season, but sometimes you're telling the jokes and sometimes you're the punch line, I guess.

We'll regroup after the Impact Bowl and chat.

Talon

Tarquin, my boy.   Delightful season all things considered with injury.   I believe we are on the cusp of being a top side in this league and that is because of the work you've done as General Manager.

So I'd like to make sure you are operating with the confidence and resources to succeed by offering you a 3 year contract extension raising your salary to $5MM per season starting immediately.   What do you say, my boy?

GM Oldfield

This is my home and I would be delighted to sign. Thank you very much sir.

Talon

Jolly Good.   I am pleased to see you stay when so many jumped to new teams this year.  It is going to make our victories that much sweeter.

GM Oldfield

Thank you sir. I feel this organisation needs consistency in the front office to really continue to progress and I'm excited with what the future holds.

Can I just confirm, by 3 year extension, it would be a 4 year contract worth 5M a year and do begin immediately? Just making sure I don't send it to the office incorrect.

Talon

That's right.  You can league office it as a new 4 year deal worth $5MM per season.

GM Oldfield

Thanks Boss. I'll try my best to make this organisation a success.

Coach Crawford please.

Coach. Knock knock..........

Talon

Talon

GM Oldfield

Woo who indeed coach! For I have signed a contract extension to keep me a harrier for the foreseeable future. And I want to make sure that by my side is the only coach I have ever hired in HIFL. I know you have a year left on your contract but would you consider and extension early? Seeing as I have just got a 1.5M pay rise how about we do the same for you? 3 years 12M per year?

Talon

What does a man with two penises say when the tailor asks if he dresses to the left or the right?

GM Oldfield

I don't know coach what does he say?

Talon

GM Oldfield

Hahaha amazing coach. I'll send that in as soon as I can. I think we have a good grasp on the squad here and know what's needed going forward, I'll let you get going coach as I am sure you are keen for a well earned rest.

I have already seen the owner, but ready if he wants to speak to me regarding objectives etc

Talon

Mr. Churchill has left for the off-season, so we are all set.

GM Oldfield

Talon

Hi, Here is our team off-season primer.  It shows our current roster (including expired players and coaches but without their contract values) our current draft picks for the next 3 seasons, and our budget.

Talon

In the event either of coordinators get an offer for a head coaching position, I'd like to know what the max I'll have in my budget to retain them would be. PM me the figures when you think about it, and if we don't wish to retain them at all, let me know so they don't miss out on an interview out of loyalty when we don't plan to bring them back.

Talon

Do you know what is not very funny?   That my contract is the same as what Patrick McCarthy is making to be a coordinator.

GM Oldfield

I mean I feel like just gave a raise which you happily signed but that said I am happily to bump it up to 13M until the next GM does something dumb I guess 

Talon

Well if you're going to have such a sour attitude about it, forget it. 

COACH CRAWFORD HANGS UP

GM Oldfield

Feel like we might not marriage counselling at this rate.

Ms Seaborn, can you please inform me once Mr Crawford has calmed down and would like to return to contract negotiations, thanks

Talon

I rang him twice and both times it was just a really creepy laugh and then it disconnected.   ...I feel physically ill after that, it was really disturbing.

GM Oldfield

Talon

GM Oldfield

GM Oldfield

I'll keep the door open for coach to rejoin, but I feel as he was the one who initiated this conversations I am not best place to try chasing him after he decided to so abruptly walk away. If he feels the need to explore the FBL despite our history together then so be it. When he's ready to return to discussions, my doors open

Talon

I don't think he's going to go to a basketball league, but I get what you're saying.  I'd assume if he hasn't said anything otherwise he's just pissed off, not that he's quit.