VANCOUVER WOLFPACK [GM DAZZ]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 11:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

GM Dazz

Great, thank you.
------

Anna, could I speak to Eli Harris please?
------

Mr Harris, I'm interested in signing your UDFA client Charles Thompson (G) for a year. Would the standard $500k get that done?

Talon

Just missed him, we just agreed to sign elsewhere.

GM Dazz

Seems to be a real scramble for UDFAs at the start of the free for all. Won't be many left soon. Thanks for your time anyway.
------

Anna, can I speak to James T. Crain next please?
------

Mr Crain, I'm on the UDFA hunt along with the rest of the league by the looks of things. Is FB Calvin Penny still available and would he sign for 1 year at $500k?

Talon

GM Dazz

Excellent. Always good doing business with you.
------

Anna, I think I've signed all of the UDFAs I'm planning to so we can start taking our time to make sure we get the right targets now. Could I speak to Bobby Shapiro next please?
------

Mr Shapiro, I would like to bring QB Eugene Dewitt back to Vancouver for another year. Would he return for a slight increase at $1.25MM?

Talon

Welp, he's already signed with St. Paul.

GM Dazz

That's less than ideal. Thanks for your time anyway.
--------

Anna, could I speak to James T. Crain again please?
--------

Mr Crain, I'm in need of someone to compete with King to back up Mazza this year. Would your QB client Kenneth Draper be available to play in Vancouver for 1 year at $1MM?

I also have a bit of a longer shot for you. I'm stunned to see Billy Godfrey (G) still apparently available at this stage of free agency. I'm afraid I'm having to scrounge down the back of the sofa for change at this point but I can pull together $1.75MM for him for 1 year if he'd be interested.

Talon

You know, we'll do both deals.

GM Dazz

While I have you, would DE Duke Callahan join them for a year at $1MM?

Talon

GM Dazz

Excellent. Thank you.
------

Anna, could I see Mike Maker please?
------

Mr Maker, I'm looking for a RB to compliment Cook and Papa D and I see your client Craig Ramsey seems to still be available. Would he come to Vancouver for 1 year on $1MM?

Talon

GM Dazz

That's great, thank you.
------

Anna, could I speak to Eli Harris please?
------

Mr Harris, I'm looking to add a WR to the group and I see that your client Kennith Whitaker is still available. I'm right up against the cap so I only have $1MM that I can offer but would that be sufficient to sign him for 1 year?

Talon

Sorry, but we're looking for a minimum of $3MM.

GM Dazz

Sorry but at this stage of free agency I just haven't got that sort of money.
-------

Anna, let's try Bobby Shapiro again please.
-------

Mr Shapiro, is your client Enrique Campbell (WR) still available and would he come to Vancouver for a year at $1MM if he is?

Talon

GM Dazz

Great, cheers. I'll get the paperwork in shortly.
------

Anna, could I speak to Meadow Campanelli again please?
------

Miss Campanelli, I need some more competition in the LB group and I see that your client Roger Toliver is somehow still available. Will he come to Canada to play for me for 1 year for $1MM?
I'd also make the same offer to your other LB Junior Barden. Am I right in thinking that he sat last season out? He seems to have too much talent to let his HIFL career end so early so I'd like to give him the opportunity to revive it if he's willing.

Talon

Hi GM Dazz, we'll take both of those offers, thank you.

GM Dazz

Thank you. That's all been filed with the League Office. It's been a pleasure doing business with you this off-season.
-----

Anna, that should be us with a full roster and pretty much right up against the cap. I would like to run a PR campaign to celebrate Mazza's player awards from last season. We'll do a presentation in the middle of the field just before the first home game of the season. We'll obviously have a video package of his highlights from the season but I'd also like 2 big flags to be unfurled by the fans, one at each end of the stadium, with each celebrating one of his awards. We'll also do a line of merchandise for the occasion with t-shirts, hoodies and pennants. I'll set aside $500k for the campaign.

Lock in