OAKLAND SILVERBACKS [GM GRAVEDIGGER]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 10:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

Excellent, most excellent. Thank you.

GM Gravedigger

How about Ronald Gray? Would he do 1.5 for 2 years?

Talon

GM Gravedigger

Gregory Wilson? Same deal?

Talon

GM Gravedigger

Good stuff. Have a nice day, James.

—————

Let's give Scott Forrest a call.

—————

Scott, I'd like to bring G Mark Evans back to the Silverbacks. Would he do a 2 year deal for $1 million?

Talon

We'd do $2MM but not One.

GM Gravedigger

Ok, that's reasonable. You've got a deal.

Talon

Talon

Hi there, I have us with $30.35MM and $10.25MM in bonus heading into UFA.

GM Gravedigger

I have the exact same numbers. Thank you, Ms Dossey.

GM Gravedigger

Let's get the representation for K Jonathan Thomas on the line.

---------------

I'd like to bring Jonathan to Oakland to be our kicker. How's a 1 year deal for $500k sound?

Talon

GM Gravedigger

Excellent.

----------

Let's get Eli Harris on the line.

------------

Eli, I'd like to bring your client, WR Aaron Vines, to Oakland. Would he take a 1 year, $2 million deal?

Talon

GM Gravedigger

Excellent. Have a good night.

------------

Let's get Bobby Shapiro on the line.

-----------

Bobby, it looks like John Spear is still a free agent, unless I missed something. We don't have much left under the cap, but I'll shoot my shot. I'm offering a 1 year deal for $1 million with $500k bonus...

Talon

If he doesnt get picked up in the final wave of free agency in PFL, then we might be interested, but right now it's not enough.

GM Gravedigger

I see John got that bag from the PFL. Best of luck to him.

Talon

Yeah, buddy!   THE BAG!

GM Gravedigger

Yeah he did. Take care, Bobby.

-------------

Let's talk to Anthony Campanelli.

------------

Anthony, I'd like to bring WR David Clark to Oakland. How's 1 year, $1 million sound?

Talon

GM Gravedigger

Nice. Have a good one, Anthony.

GM Gravedigger

MINI-CAMP ASSIGNMENTS GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK

OFFENSE:
1. QB Daniel Hudson: Arm Strength
2. WR Knowledge Action-Carter: Hands
3. WR Cash Money: Hands
4. C Henry Sommers: Run Blocking

DEFENSE:
1. LB James Rojas: IQ
2. LB Immaculate Perfection: Tackling
3. LB Rosario Lay: IQ
4. CB Jaylen McCool: Strength

STRATEGY GM OR COACHES DECISION ON ANY/ALL

OFFENSE

All Coaches Decision

DEFENSE

All Coaches Decision

SUBSTITUTION LOGIC
Point Margin for Backup Package 25
Sub Package Minimum Energy Coaches Decision
Sub Package Maximum Energy Coaches Decision

END OF GAME SCENARIOS
If Winning Run More
If Losing Pass More

COUNTER STRATEGY (vs. offense gives your defense a boost to stop the selected type; vs. defense gives your offense a boost vs. selected defensive strategy)
Coaches Decision? Yes
vs. Offense Coaches Decision
vs. Defense Coaches Decision

OFFENSE MASTER DEPTH CHART GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK (You may attach up to 3 additional Copies of this Chart for various "Packages" in your offense, the final package is strictly your back up players for substitutions - this is automatically set by your coaching staff)

PACKAGE NAME:

QB- Keenan Daley
QB2- Daniel Hudson
QB3-

RB1- Robert Dial
RB2- Sheldon Thomson
RB3- Ronald Gray

FB- Angelo Buckner

TE1- Vernon Sheffield
TE2- David Tucker

WR1- Mac Richard
LWR4- Aaron Vines

WR2- Cash Money
WR5- David Clark

WR3- Knowledge Action-Carter

LT- Manta'I Fatu
LT2- Charles Fields

LG- Luis Chatman
LG2- Mark Evans

C- Henry Sommers
C2- Gregory Wilson

RG- Robert Kilgore
RG2- Mark Evans

RT- Nikita Volkova
RT2- Charles Fields

DEFENSE MASTER DEPTH CHART GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK (You may attach up to 3 additional Copies of this Chart for various "Packages" in your defense. The final package is strictly your back up players for substitutions - this is automatically set by your coaching staff)

PACKAGE NAME:

DT1- Joseph Wilbur
DT3- Christopher Potter

DT2- Frankie Mark
DT4- Christopher Potter

RE1- Robert Simmons
RE2- BB Chark

LE1- Adrian Hagan
LE2- BB Chark

MLB1- John Fredrickson
MLB2- Rosario Lay

ROLB1- Immaculate Perfection
ROLB2- Roger Espinoza

LOLB1- James Rojas
LOLB2- Cory Adams

CB1- Sticky Pitts
CB4- Albert Amaya

CB2- Jaylen McCool
CB5- Collin McFarland

CB3- Shehu Akin
CB6- Albert Amaya

FS1- Roy Roberts
FS2- Keith Marshall

SS1- Samuel Reed
SS2- William Thurman

SPECIAL TEAMS MASTER DEPTH CHART GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK

K- Jonathan Thomas
P- Marshall McCormick

KR1- Sheldon Thomson
KR2- Cash Money
KR3- Sticky Pitts
KR4- Collin McFarland

PR1- Sheldon Thomson
PR2- Sticky Pitts

PLAY CALLING GM Chooses who calls plays, and assigns desired percentages if not left up to play calling coach

OFFENSE RUN/PASS RATIO

Play Caller: Offensive Coordinator

Coaches Decision

DEFENSE BLITZ RATIO

Play Caller: Head Coach

Coaches Decision

PR CAMPAIGNS  (OPTIONAL)

(PLAYER NAME) (Campaign Theme/Tag Line)
DESCRIPTION OF PR CAMPAIGN

MUSICAL LICENSES (GM MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK)

1. (Holler If Ya Hear ME) (Tupac) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJGY5vEzYrY)
Plays when players take the field pre game

2. (Welcome To The Jungle) (Guns N Roses) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1tj2zJ2Wvg)
Plays at start of 4th quarter and any big moments during 4th/OTs

COIN TOSS PREFERENCE

Heads
Defer

LOCK IN

Talon

GM Gravedigger

Thank you for the info, Ms. Dossey.

----------

Coach, welcome back. This year feels a little different. Seems like we enter the season as one of the hunters, not the hunted. But I really like what we have on this team.

The grading for our QBs was something that obviously caught me eye. Do we have a QB competition, or is Keenan clearly still the guy?

Talon

Barring another year of head injuries, Keenan is our only quarterback.   The rook looks damn good, and if KD isn't 100% we shouldn't fear turning to him, but right now KD is still an elite QB when healthy.

GM Gravedigger

Good. Just wanted to make sure Keenan didn't have any significant regression.

I think we've got the right setup pretty much everywhere. The one guy I was curious about was Immaculate Perfection. Do you think LB was the right place to set him up? I feel like we're all set at DE, so safety would probably be the only other option...

Talon

We have the biggest linebacker corps in the league I believe, Fredrickson at 6'5, iPerfect at 6'5, and the rookie Rojas at 6'6... All quick, all hard hitters, I love how we have that group built and with Fredrickson taking iPerfect under his wing as a mentor already, I think he's in a good spot.

GM Gravedigger

Good to hear. I'm ready to see you guys kick some ass against the Wolfpack...

————

All decisions by coaching staff

LOCK IN

Talon

WEEK 1 PRESS QUESTIONS

1. Discuss your performance and result for week 1. What were some sustains, and what were some improvements going into week 2?

2. Keenan looked healthy, but didn't complete a pass of 20 yards or more, any concern with that?

3. Coming out of training camp and now seeing the team in week 1, what should fans expect to see this year from your club?

4. Did any news catch your eye this week?

5. Discuss your next opponent and game.

GM Gravedigger

1. Discuss your performance and result for week 1. What were some sustains, and what were some improvements going into week 2?

Nice win to open the season. Solid offensive output. Good balance. Could use some more big plays. Defense was legit. Holding Corrales and Vancouver to 167 yards isn't an easy feat. I don't think this was our best, but it was a very good effort week 1.

2. Keenan looked healthy, but didn't complete a pass of 20 yards or more, any concern with that?

Not in this game. When you complete 29 of 35 you don't have to get many long ones. Keenan was extremely efficient and looked very good out there. But, going forward I would like to see the ball pushed downfield more often. We need to have as many ways to make plays as possible. The deep ball will be an asset if we develop that part of our offense.

3. Coming out of training camp and now seeing the team in week 1, what should fans expect to see this year from your club?

Every year I think our team is one of the best, and an Impact Bowl contender. This year is no different. We've got great talent on offense and defense. I felt we were a threat before kickoff this week, and my feelings haven't changed. Teams need to be ready for us...

4. Did any news catch your eye this week?

The sack numbers across the league were impressive, but what the Wilkinson boys did was insane. I'm sure their dad is looking down, very proud of what great players those two have become. I should also shout out Bruiser Eliot. 6 sacks ain't too shabby, either.

5. Discuss your next opponent and game.

Long trip to Sydney. The Stingrays will be hungry coming off of a loss. Keeping Crawford in check will be key. But like every other week, I go in expecting a win. Look for the Silverbacks to travel back to the states 2-0...

Talon

A win, a healthy KD, and we won the turnover battle.. I'm here for that. We finish those late drives instead of field goals and this is a laugher.

GM Gravedigger

Yeah, I don't want to make those FGs a habit. It's nice we got points, but when the season is on the line we're gonna want 7's on the board.

Did you see anything of concern with KD not getting the ball downfield, or just a guy getting back into the groove after a tough season last year?

Talon

I think he was taking what was open and not forcing it, and we worked all off-season about speeding up his release to avoid some of those hits, nothing to be concerned with unless it becomes a trend, lets look at it again after 3-4 games.

GM Gravedigger

Yeah, trying to know everything about the team after one game isn't reasonable. Let's hope he's going to bounce back.

Great first week, keep it up.

————

LOCK IN

GM Gravedigger

1. What stood out to you about your team this week, any surprise performances good or bad?

Fucking awful... offense was atrocious. Defense was pathetic. We couldn't do a damn thing. If we play like this, might as well tank for the #1 pick...

That's how I would respond if I were overly dramatic and had zero sense of perspective. We had a rough day, no doubt. But it's game 2 of 16. We can still finish 15-1. Like everyone in this league, we have things we need to work on, and we're not a finished product. Tough game, but we're gonna put it behind us and get ready for week 3.

2. Discuss any news that interested you.

Despite leaving, I don't feel good seeing San Antonio have struggles at the QB spot. That's a great organization with a great fanbase, and I hope they figure things out.

I like Jim Rosa's confidence, but there's a fine line between confidence and arrogance. He's a talented kid, and I hope he keeps his head on straight.

I'm a little surprised Patrick Owen's brother is talking offensive strategy. Seems like winning two straight Championships is a pretty good strategy...

3. Talk about your next match up, how do you win this game?

Cleveland is a talented team. This will be a tough matchup. Keeping Fields in check and not allowing him to get going with the run will be a key to victory. It won't be easy, but I fully expect a bounce back from this week's rough one...

----------------

Didn't go our way this time, Coach, but it's only week 2.

How do we go about keeping Fields from going off?

Talon

Im worried about his legs more than his arm, we're doing great in pass defense as far as yardage goes, but Im going to make sure we're focused on containment and pressure.

GM Gravedigger

That's all I neeed to hear, Coach. Like I said, I'm not worried about a poor performance in week 2. Let's bounce back and make a statement to the league that we're a threat.

------------

All decisions by coaching staff.

LOCK IN

GM Gravedigger

Good evening. Got the win, can't complain about that. Wasn't the prettiest game we've ever had, but sometimes you just have to grind it out and get the victory.

Offensively we didn't have a ton of yards, but Keenan was efficient with the ball, and Dial was solid on the ground. We'd obviously like to run more plays and make more big chunk plays, but we were good enough to win.

Defensively we struggled with run defense. That's undeniable. Giving up 209 yards is not a recipe for long term success. Pass defense was good. Between our pass rushers and cover guys, we have a really nice pass defense game in, game out. Shoring up the run defense is going to be the key for us. I am happy with the 5 forced fumbles. That's a big time number, and if we can continue to create turnovers we will create opportunities for our offense.

We host Milwaukee this weekend. They have big play potential that we need to keep in check. We have to improve the run defense, not only for this game but for the remained of the season. They're all going to be big games this year in our division. We need to get to 3-1...

Are there any questions?

Talon

Definitely not our prettiest, but this ain't no beauty contest either.  We just have to figure a way to stop the damn run.

GM Gravedigger

No doubt. I know your boy would be a great get for that part of our defense, but I expect Seattle to ask for a steep price.

How's Milwaukee's run game through three weeks?

Talon

Less than 100 yards per game, pretty weak.

GM Gravedigger

Well let's get after them then. Get the W, Coach.

—————-

All decisions by coaching staff

LOCK IN

Talon

Another Concussion... Man, the kid's brain has to be scrambled.

GM Gravedigger

I know, I know...

I get that the media will think I was ducking them by not doing a presser, but I just have no idea what to say about this. He's a great player, but I honestly concerned we're endangering his long term health for our benefit...

Talon

I hear you. What do you think we should do?

GM Gravedigger

I guess we have to trust our medical team, and that they'll do what's best for Keenan. I guess if he's cleared he plays, if not we go to the rookie.

Talon

I'm down.  Between you and me, where do we draw the line and shut him down?  Another concussion this year?  Two?  I mean, do we just leave it up to him?

GM Gravedigger

I think we really need to take a hard look at the situation if he has one more. I think that would be 5 in two years, unless my math is off...

Talon

Yeah, five that we know of.  Scary shit, I am all for competing and playing with all you got, but if he was my boy, I'd be telling him to think about hanging 'em up.