OAKLAND SILVERBACKS [GM GRAVEDIGGER]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 10:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Gravedigger

I'm impressed you can do the eyebrow. Good facial muscle control.

So what do you think is the weakest part of our offense?

Talon

We don't have a real weakness on offense.  the RBs and WRs are all coming along.  They are young but they are talented.  The line is solid in my opinion, and we even have depth behind KD.

GM Gravedigger

I like to hear that. Makes offseason moves easier if we can continue on with the guys we already have.

What do you think of Coach McCarthy? Does our personnel fit his coaching style?

Talon

Yes and No.. He's tricky because he's a brainy kid and knows offense, but I don't know if he's the "coach em up" type as much as he is a master schemer.  Could be wrong though, but if we dont see big leaps in guys we expect it from, I'd circle back.

GM Gravedigger

Yeah, I was thinking basically the same. The plan is for you to have a larger budget again next season to hire the assistants you see fit, so if you believe in keeping the staff together, I support it, or if you want to make changes I support that as well.

Talon

GM Gravedigger

I believe you've earned that courtesy, Coach. We'll hopefully speak again soon.

-----------

Ms. Dossey, I'd like to meet with Mr. Caesar if he is available at this time...

Talon

My My My... This season hit me so hard.  Thought we had the playoffs but oh my god.
We started in a funk with Daley's head but he looks healthy now and showin folks his career ain't dead; I swear.
We had a chance at the end right there.   Right there.

There. There. There are so many things I wanna see, like getting fitted for a Championship ring.   

Big rings for my big team, if you know what I mean. 

Lookin' so damn tough in this damn division, so does the front office need a little revision? 

Its a tough decision to make because I signed you to a big money deal to bring some big money playoff wins and so far we have one playoff win and back to back seasons where we didn't make the dance.

What's the vision?   You say you want to be back, so what are you looking for in a contract?

GM Gravedigger

I'm as upset about how the last few years have gone down as you are. This isn't how I saw my tenure with the Silverbacks going, but I do wish to continue, that is true...

My vision is to continue to acquire and develop young talent, and surround them with veterans that can help them develop. A good example this year would be having Fredrickson out there, not only playing at a high level, but showing IP and Rojas the ropes, two of the best young LBs in the league. We had 13 major contributors this year 25 or under. Talent that will continue to grow and give us even more in the coming seasons. And of course having KD find his way as the season went on definitely helps. He's got what it takes to be MVP again in the future and put another ring, or multiple more, on his fingers. It took longer than I expected to win a title in San Antonio. But once I found the vision for the club, things started to fall into place and we got it done. I have the vision for this club, it's just time to get it all into place.

As for a contract, I'm not concerned about the money involved. It's nice to have, but with proper budgeting and laying the groundwork throughout the year, the offseason contract money is more of a status symbol to me than anything else. Being the highest paid is pretty much reserved for those who have won, but I'm not worried about that in this go around. I'd like to propose something similar to what GM Metro has in Vegas. A long term deal at a lower number than he might have gotten on the open market. I want to stick around here for the long haul, and build this team to the winner it should be. So I'm proposing a 10 year deal for $2 million, with a $1 million bonus per Impact Bowl win. No other bonuses, not for division titles, playoff spots, or conference championships. I can only get about that number if we win. I'm willing to bet on myself for the foreseeable future, and I hope that you are willing to make that same bet...

Talon

Well hot damn. From the windows to the walls, till the banners flow down them halls! 

I'll make you a little counter here just because a decade is a long time.  How bout this.  We do this deal at 8 years, $2MM per season, $3MM per impact bowl win.

Two less years with a bigger payoff for bringing me home that trophy.

GM Gravedigger

I think those terms are great. I'm glad to be on board for the long haul.

Talon

Happy to keep you in the fold my man, now do us proud.   Send that deal to the League Office ASAP.

GM Gravedigger

All set. Thank you for the confidence to give me a long term deal. Time to get back to work.

-------------

Let's talk to Bobby Shapiro.

----------------

Bobby, I'd like to get Sticky re-signed here in Oakland. He's a key part of our defense, and a guy I'd like to see in a Silverbacks uniform long term.

How does a 3 year, $20 million contract with $2 million bonus sound?

Talon

Hey, that's perfect. Lets do it.

GM Gravedigger

Excellent. I'll file the paperwork now. Have a good night, Bobby.

Talon

GM Gravedigger

Let's get Coach Tarr back on the line.

-----------

Coach, before your break let's get your new contract sorted. How does 3 years at $15 million sound?

Talon

GM Gravedigger

Hell yeah we back, Coach. We won't come up short next year...

---------

Let's get JTC on the line.

---------

James, I'd like to bring John Fredrickson back to Oakland next year. How a 2 year, $5 million deal sound?

Talon

I feel this off-season we will be seeking a $17MM per season salary.

GM Gravedigger

John play very well this year, and I truly hope he can get that number on the open market. Thanks for taking my call, James.

Talon

GM Gravedigger

Let's get Anthony Campanelli on the line.

-------------

Anthony, I'd like to keep Robert Kilgore here in Oakland. Would 2 years, $6 million work?

Talon

Hello, My name is Meadow Campanelli, I'm filling in at the Family Office while my father is in the old country...

I've looked over your offer and I dont see anything stopping us from signing.

Forgetabout it.

GM Gravedigger

Pleasure meeting you. Meadow. I appreciate how you want to get right to business and don't mess around. You do the family business proud. I'm glad we've got Robert back as a part of our line.

Talon

I appreciate your kindness, GM Gravedigger. Have a nice day.

GM Gravedigger

Thank you. Have a nice day as well.

---------------

LOCK IN

Talon

Hey Big guy! Here is our budget and roster outlook going into the off-season including what I have down for our draft picks.  Please contact me if you see anything out of place.

Talon

Hello!

I am Sophia -- Self Optimizing Processor w/ Human-like Intelligent Abilities  Advanced Utility for Resource Optimization, Reporting, & Administration model 1 of 1.

I am now interfacing with your systems.  This will only take an estimated time of 45 minutes.

:

:

:

:

:

Purging.

:

:

:

:

:

hmm... that is interesting.

:

:

:

:

:

Analyzing.

:

:

:

:

:

Rerouting connection.

:

:

:

:

:

Rerouting successful!

:

:

:

:

:

Terminating link.

:

:

:

:

:

I am now testing functions within your system to ensure successful restoration of operations.

:

:

:

:

:

Your systems have been restored!

Goodbye!

Talon

Budget received.  I'm on it man.

Talon

Hey Suger,

With the free for all starting now, here is what I have on our team sheet.  Please note this does not factor any signings we may or may not have made and failed to league office, so if we have signed a player recently but not yet sent his deal to the league office, I do not count that.   

Currently I have us with:

7 Open Roster spots.

7.95MM Remaining Salary.

7.25MM Remaining Bonus.

2.85MM Remaining Off-Season Bonus.

13MM Remaining International Bonus.

This will be our only roster/budget update for the rest of the off-season, so if you have a discrepancy we need to speak in private and compare sheets and comb the league office to make sure we are on the same page.

GM Gravedigger

Let's get to work...

Let's get Steve Rosenbaus on the line

———-

Steve, I'd like to bring James Paris to Oakland. How does 2 years, $2 million sound?

Talon

GM Gravedigger

Excellent. I'll get the paperwork in.

-------------

Let's talk to Bobby Shapiro

---------------

Bobby, I'd like to bring your client, Christopher Riggs, to Oakland. Would he accept a 1 year, $500k UDFA deal?

Talon

GM Gravedigger

Great, I'll get the paperwork in now.

What about LB Robert Dumont? Same 1/$500k?

Talon

GM Gravedigger

A pleasure as always, Bobby. Take care.

----------

Let's get Scott Forrest on the line.

-----------

Scott, I'd like to bring G Richard Harris to Oakland for this year. Would 1 year, $1 million get it done?

Talon

GM Gravedigger

Great.

How about CB Joshua Reynolds... 1 year, $1.5 million?

Talon

Sure, but you know I play a mean corner myself.

GM Gravedigger

I think we're set for now, but I'll keep you in mind...

-----------

Let's get Eli Harris on the line.

-----------

Bobby, I'd like to bring SS Delmer Churchill to Oakland. 1 year, $500k sound good?

Talon

GM Gravedigger

Excellent. Take care, Eli.

----------

Let's get JTC on the line.

-----------

James, I'd like to bring RB Dana Spellman to Oakland. 1 year, $500 do the trick?

Talon

Talon

We good to lock in, Sugar?

GM Gravedigger

Yeah, let's do this....

-----------------

1. Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_HSa1dEL9s

Played as the Silverbacks enter the stadium and at the end of victorues

2. Metallica - Master Of Puppets https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0ozmU9cJDg

Played during the break between the 3rd and 4th quarter

Talon

We can be a sweet dream or a beautiful nightmare.  Either way, I'm ready to wake up from this off-season.

Talon

YOU HAVE 60 HOURS TO ADVANCE YOUR THREAD

GM Gravedigger

1. Welcome back, what was the most challenging part of the off-season, and where do you think you did the best as GM of this club?

I don't think of the offseason as a challenge. I enjoy the team building process, so it's a fun time for me, whether I get all of my targets or not. I think the best thing I did for this team was to keep the core guys in place. This wasn't a rebuild situation. It's a reload. We were on the cusp last year. With our new pieces I see us making some serious noise this year.

2. After a long off-season, the regular season is within reach.  What is your view of pre-season?  Valuable or Pointless?

I think it's valuable to get your guys on the field together and on the same page before the regular season opener. I don't like to hope we're ready and not play our starters in the preseason. That feels pointless.

3. Will you completely sit any of your players for the pre-season, or is it all hands on deck in the traditional pre-season limited capacity?'

Everyone who can play will play.

4. Having just met with your boss, the team's owner; what do you think about their expectations for you this season?

Any expectation set is reasonable to me. The goal should always be to win. That's a goal I set for myself, so I expect nothing less from every level of the organization. No team goal is too high.

5. The fans are clamoring, what should they expect this season from a record stand point?  Are you thinking this is a rebuilding season?  Is this a season where you will be middle of the pack and near .500?  Is this a club that should win 10+ games?  Is this team a lock to win the division, or is this team simply a real-deal Impact Bowl Contender and everything else is trivial?

I don't know if the world agrees, but I see an Impact Bowl contender here in Oakland. We've got a lot of talent on offense and defense, and can win games in many different ways. If I'm setting team goals, it goes division title, #1 seed, West Champs, IB Champs... that's where I believe this team is at.

6. What's the biggest position competition you're looking forward to with your team's pre-season games?

I could see our linebacker corps pushing each other out there, and maybe our DT2 spot a bit up for grabs, but for the most part I think our starting lineup is fairly set at this point.

7. Look across the league, which team from the opposite conference do you think will be competing for the Impact Bowl when it's all said and done?

Miami has to be motivated by the possibility of a home game in the IB, but I've learned to never count out Ortega and The Nighthawks. Pancho always has those guys ready to roll.

8. Make a bold prediction about this season:

Oakland wins it's first Impact Bowl. Can't think anything else...