SAN ANTONIO KNIGHTS

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 10:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Black Death

Coach, there is not much we can do, we are going to have to stick to the game plan now and hope the boys can pull through. We need to get that Belt buckle.  let's show Dallas we are the best team in Texas

Mostly starters

Tempo: fast

Run/pass ratio 50/50

Offense depth chart/strategy:

Offense Strategy  Run/Pass Ratio
1st and 10           60/40
1st and short   70/30
1st and Long   20/80
2nd and short   70/30
2nd and long   20/80
3rd and short   70/30
3rd and long   20/80
4th and short   80/20
4th and long   10/90
goal line           60/40
Last 2 mins (ahead)   80/20
Last 2 mins (behind   20/80

WR Depth Chart
WR1  Herny Golden
WR2  Matthew Grover
WR3  Eric West
WR4  Tim Collier
WR5  Alexander Sandoval
WR6  Sterling Sampson

Defense depth chart/ strategy: coaches' decision

Lock in

GM Black Death

1. Discuss this past week.

We got the belt buckle , and brought it back to San Antonio where it belongs, The defense had to step up for us because our Offense was hurting in critical areas and they did a great job. it was a must-win, not only bragging rights in the state of texas,   it stop that losing streak that we were on and keeps our playoff hopes alive. I am proud of my team.

2. Discuss any news that interested you. (Cover your news first; then move on)

Smoak did not get much fanfare for breaking the record but think that alright, we will throw him a big party with he gets into the HOF for the work he has done in his career. He is a consummate professional and all-pro that still got years on his career left to add to that record. 

3. If you could will your team into fixing or improving one thing, what would it be?

Take care of the ball, it's been the turnovers that hurt us over this three-week stretch, that hurt us. that has been our Achilles heel. we shot ourselves in the foot more than often with these turnovers in key moments. when we don't make those mistakes we win.

4. You going to win this week?

Yes, we have to, the Playoffs are right there, but that door is closing fast and we need to win every game that we are playing moving forward, that one thing we can control, winning games, I know there are other factors that need to play out, we can not control those things, but we can win games. So the KC game this week is a must-win. 

Talon

Alright! snapped the losing streak, got the belt buckle, and pissed of GM Strike... It was a trifecta this week!

GM Black Death

Overall a good week ... We got KC Next, don't think we need to make any changes, you got any suggestions Coach, in not believe we are good to go?

Talon

KC is a feisty team, but we can take them down.

GM Black Death

well, we need to... let go get that win

Mostly starters

Run/pass ratio 50/50

1st and short   70/30
1st and Long   20/80
2nd and short   70/30
2nd and long   20/80
3rd and short   70/30
3rd and long   20/80
4th and short   80/20
4th and long   10/90

WR Depth Chart
WR1  Herny Golden
WR2  Matthew Grover
WR3  Eric West
WR4  Tim Collier
WR5  Alexander Sandoval
WR6  Sterling Sampson

Lock in

GM Black Death

1. What stood out to you about your team this week?

My team does not quit, they fight hard to the bitter end. Nothing more I can ask for them to do

2. Discuss any news that interested you. (Cover your news first; then move on)

Glad to see Jon Wright getting another chance, I drafted him and saw great talent in him,  it just never panned out right in LB. So happy to see him still working hard

3. 3 Weeks to go, do you make changes or are you ready to roll with what brought you to the dance?

ready to roll, no changes needed moving forward

Talon

Sorry boss, it's been a rough year of ups and downs

GM Black Death

yeah, Coach. it has been a tough year. Few breaks here, and their things could be different.  well not much we can do, let's see if we can finish this season strong

Mostly starters

Run/pass ratio 50/50

1st and short   70/30
1st and Long   20/80
2nd and short   70/30
2nd and long   20/80
3rd and short   70/30
3rd and long   20/80
4th and short   80/20
4th and long   10/90

WR Depth Chart
WR1  Herny Golden
WR2  Matthew Grover
WR3  Eric West
WR4  Tim Collier
WR5  Alexander Sandoval
WR6  Sterling Sampson

Lock in

GM Black Death

1. When you look back on this season, what are some of the words you would use to describe the season?

fill with promise, but disappointment, falling short and unfinished business—a season of what if. This was a better team than what other record reflects at the end of the season 

2. Who was your best player this season?

That is a tough question to answer, we had some outstanding players this season and I can not single one of them being my best player. I mean We saw Smaok break a record this season, We had a breakout performance by RB Wharton, and my WR crops of Golden, West, and Collier were putting up great numbers,  don't forget the defense of Harlow, Botts, Davis, and Jackson playing their hearts out game after game. Don't have one best player we have many great players

3. Who was the most disappointing player for you this year, and why?

I am not disappointed in any of my players, They play hard, and the only disappointment I have is how the season ended. because I know this team is better, I know what this team could do and they did not finish the season strong. that only real disappointment I have.

4. Grade your Coaches this season, will they be back next season?

A, would be my grade, the coaches were great and they will be back next season, that is the plan.

5. What is next for you, do you see yourself back with this club next year?

Yes, I have one more year on my contract, it looks like I got one more season to prove myself and bring this team back to the championship. it looks like next season is nut up or shut up time for me.

Talon

Well, I heard a lot of criticism coming into the year about being a head coach after being an OC in college and my brother, who was my HC in college taking an OC job in the pros; but I hope I proved myself worthy to you, boss.

GM Black Death

Coach, you did a great job, this season, I had no complaints, you prove yourself worthy to me. We are just going to need to work this off-season to fix some of our issues. 

Talon

I'm going to do some work in the down-time to figure out where I feel we need to go.  Looking forward to comparing notes, boss.

GM Black Death

same here, you enjoy your downtime, I am going to face the owner now. Wish me, luck coach.  Talk to you later

Maggie,  can you get  me the Owner Mr. Alloutte please, I believe he wants to speak to me

Talon

There he is!  Lookin' mean Monsieur Black Death!  AuhHa!  We may not have had the success that we wanted all year; but you did show a certain... hmmm.. Comment dit-on Fighting Spirit?!  Yes! Auh-ha!   

I believe that you will make us better for next season, you can see where we need to improve, you can see where we are strong, and hopefully you find a way to shut up the doubters who say Monsieur Smoak cannot win ze' big one!

GM Black Death

Ah, Mr. Alloutte, I understand, will let you know that might be some changes to the roster next year.  To fix some of those issues, I might have to make some hard decisions,  I am a fan of Smoak also, but we have a younger QB on a cheaper deal that coaches have stated to me is ready to start. Just to let you know right now, we sometimes can not let our love for a person get in the way of business.

Talon

Oui! I understand you!  Do your business; auh-ha!

GM Black Death

I thank you sir for your understanding,  is there anything else that you want to speak to me about?

Talon

No, we will not arrĂŞt until we are victorious once again!  Oui! Oui!

GM Black Death

you have a good day sir.

Lock in

Talon

Good morrow Sir BD and welcome back my liege, or whatever,

I currently have us with $74.20MM in available salary cap and $17.5MM in Bonus funds for S16.  Our bonus may flex depending on how you decide to handle our coaching staff.

I have us with 25 open roster positions at this time. 

I have our s16 draft picks as follows:

2nd - SEA
4th - VAN
5th - SA
6th - SA
7th - SA

We have all of our own draft picks for S17 minus our 2nd round pick; and all of our own picks for S18.

We are tax free, wooo!

Our available off-season bonus money currently is: $1MM ($2MM from your GM Contract + $0 from your S15 budget rollover - $1MM off-season fine for trading bonus money during the season).

I have our off-season team sheet copy here. Feel free to edit/use it if you would like.  If you have questions or disagree with my notes please let me know and we will get to the bottom of it!

GM Black Death

Hello Coach Stark,  I believe we need to talk about your coaching staff for upcoming season

Talon

Well offensively, I don't think we need to spend much; I think we can get by with a $5MM offense and on defense we can probably upgrade over Coach McElroy unless you'd prefer to keep him; it just comes down to how much you want to spend and what scheme you want.

GM Black Death

I agree with you on the Offense,  I do like Coach McElroy, but we have to consider what happened last season, we lost a lot of close games in either the 4th quarter or in overtime. the defense could not hold the other team late.  say we move to back 4-3,  I like that more, to be honest.  do you think 8 million would be enough to upgrade our defense?

Talon

GM Black Death

it has been done ... do you need anything else from me, coach?

Talon

No sir, we'll get to work on filling out the staff.

GM Black Death

good job coach, will talk to you about your staff later, need to handle some RFA business at this moment. we will talk soon.

Maggie, can you get me, Amber Molina, please

Miss Molina, would like to sign your client Mark Sandoval to a new deal, 3 years 2 million

Talon

We will agree to that deal.

GM Black Death

The deal is done thank you for your time, you have a wonderful day

Maggie, can you get me James T. Crain  please

Mr. Cain, I want to bring Cruz Cohen  back to the team, new contract, 3 years 2.5 million

Talon

Perfect. That's right where I wanted us to be.

GM Black Death

done deal, it was a pleasure doing business with you

Maggie, can you get me, Bobby Shapiro, please?

Mr. Shapiro, I want to re-sign David Fusco to a new deal, 3 years 2.5 million

Talon

We're looking for $4.25MM to sign today.

GM Black Death

that is doable, you got a deal

GM Black Death

Maggie, How many roster spots do we need to fill at this very moment

Talon

I would refer to the link provided earlier for our teamsheet.   I will not be able to update you again until Draft Night.

GM Black Death

Talon

Hi there! I have us with $14.35MM and $11.5MM in bonus heading into UFA.

Talon

Update: I didn't have Haynes/Berg trade on our books, after doing that deal we are at $13.35MM and 10.5MM bonus.

GM Black Death

How many rosters spots left open. My records state we have 11 spots need to fill , am I correct?

Talon

GM Black Death

Thank you, Maggie. can you get me the agent for QB Jae Mack

I will get right to the point, The offer for Mack to play on the team is 1 year 350k

Talon

GM Black Death

thank you,

Maggie can you get me in touch with the agent for  Leon Soriano,

the offer is 1 year 350k for your client

Talon

GM Black Death

thank you

Maggie, going to want to speed this up a bit, so I have names here and offers for them, can you send them to the agents of the players names and get their responses to the offers

DT Bryan Sparrow 1 year 350k

CB Martin Davis 1 year 350k

LB Charles Dugan 1 year 350k

LB Jimmy Hart 1 year 350 k

DE James Barone 1 year 350k

Talon

MAGGIE GOES TO GRAB YOUR LIST BUT HER BLOUSE GETS CAUGHT IN THE DRAWER SHE HAS JUST CLOSED.  AS SHE TURNS, THE TOP TEARS OFF LIKE A BAD ADULT FILM SET UP, BUT INSTEAD OF IT TURNING INTO A PROVACATIVE EVENT, SHE FREAKS OUT, SLIPPING ON THE TORN GARMET AND TRIPPING, TUMBLING OVER HER DESK AND OUT OF THE WINDOW FALLING TWO STORIES INTO A STACK OF WOODEN PALLETS. 

SHE IS NOT KILLED, BUT SHE IS HURT, BADLY, ALL BECAUSE YOU BROKE THE RULES.

YOU ARE NOW WITHOUT A SECRETARY, WHEN YOUR NEW SECRETARY ARRIVES YOU MAY RETURN TO MAKING OFFERS, ONE AT A TIME, OF COURSE.

Talon

Hello Mr. Wallace, I am Gigi Dame.  Maggie is my sister and I am here to fill in for her while she is in recovery. 

GM Black Death

Welcome aboard...glad to have you here, need send this offer to agent of Bryan Sparrow

The offer is 1 year 350k

Talon