SAN ANTONIO KNIGHTS

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 10:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

Probably a late round draft pick at minimum.

GM Black Death

i am sorry I wasted your time, I was using out-of-date info , thank you for taking the time to answer my question, please enjoy  the rest of your day

GM Black Death

Gigi,  can you get me, LaVar Jackson, I need to speak to him about Patrick Shelley

Mr. Jackson, I need some help and I am coming to you, I want to sign Patrick Shelley, the reason being I need another QB, what will take to get this deal done?

Talon

GM Black Death

rest of the season, 1 million, and my word I will give him a fair shot at resigning next season if I am still with the team.

Talon

Too little.  You need my man, my man needs $3MM

GM Black Death

your man wants 3 million, you got it.

Deal!

Talon

That's what I'm talkin' about.

GM Black Death

pleasure doing business with you sir.

Gigi,  can you get me, Coach Stark, please

Coach, I just got us, Patrick Shelley,  we now have the option to either start Negal or Shelley this game. this should hold us over until either Tate is healthy or Hoak heals up. I will leave that decision up to you, need to run Shelley through the paces in the practices and see if ready to go.

Talon

Nice, gives us another option and some security in case of emergency.

GM Black Death

GM Black Death

That was a tough game, I can not get mad at the team because they play their hearts out, you can see we had the first half, but we could not keep the momentum going in the second half and we lost the game there. How can you get mad at this team, the players are going all out every game, but just coming up short. Frances Negal plays great for his first start, 26/38 220 yards 1td/1int. well done. Gordon Haynes with 2 more sacks this game, and 12 tackles. Harlow with 1 sack and safety.  We just can not get a complete game by all parts of our team. When we do, we win our games.

I understand where Haynes is coming from, yeah he balling out this season, of course he wants to get paid and he earned it this season, so yeah we are going to have to give him a big contract to keep him on this team for the future, that is going to be a priority going into the off-season, I will let our fans know don't worry, we will get the deal done 

The buck stops here with me, there is no one to blame for what happening this season, I still believe that this team is a damn good team, but injuries and bad breaks have left us where we are right now. but those are excuses and at the end of the day I put this team together and ultimately it falls on me with success and failure. When I came here, it was my job to make this a winning team again and we have been close but just can not get over the hump. but I want the fans to know I have not given up yet. we have the foundation here for a championship team. just going to have to keep going, because not how many times you get knocked down, it's how many times you get back up. We still have half a season left and this team going to keep fighting to the end, I will keep trying to find ways to make us better. I will give everything I can until I can not anymore.

Alabama at home is the next game ,. This is not the same Alabama team that they have been over the past few seasons, but they are still a dangerous team, we are just going to have to play our game.  we give them hell and get the win. There is no quit in the San Antonio Knights and we are going to show everyone that this week.

Talon

I think we have the right Ends to slow down Alabama's run game, Haynes and Harlow should really do well against them.   We just have to figure out how to put the ball in the end zone.

GM Black Death

I agree, I am not sure what we can do . How Tate looking

Talon

I'm planning on him being ready to start, that should give us a little boost.   I'm also going to dive into my bag of tricks and see what I can do to help our receivers.  What area would you rather see some gains?  Speed, Hands, or Agility?

GM Black Death

I say speed, maybe we can get some separation between our WRs and their corners, forcing the defense into more zone coverage, which should open up the run game

Talon

Sounds good. I'll get to work.

GM Black Death

Sounds good, thank you for your time coach,  going to try to handle some business and will get back to you if there is anything else.

Gigi, can you get me Steve Rosenhaus, I want to talk to him about his client Tim Collier.

Mr. Rosenhaus, want to get an extension done on Collier's contact. What are the numbers that you want to get this deal done?

Talon

At this time baby, we'd be looking at 2 years, $5MM per season.

GM Black Death

so just make sure I am clear, 2 years, plus 5 million makes his total contact 2 years and 7.5 million going next season and beyond. am I correct?

Talon

GM Black Death

2 years 5  million ... Starting next season, right!

Talon

GM Black Death

done deal, nice doing business with you

Gigi, can you get me Francisco Bien please, I need to speak to him about Gordon Haynes

Mr. Bien,  Haynes has stated that I am going to need to back up the bank truck to his house to get that extension on his contract. what are the actual numbers here, what can we do to get a deal done?

Talon

I guess it all starts with what your offer is, where do you see his value?

GM Black Death

17 million per year for next 4 years.

Talon

Como se dice?... "diablos no, no es una oportunidad."   Awwww hell no, not a chance.

The Brinks Trunk is what he needs, not the tonka truck, senor.

GM Black Death

What your number?  How much do I need to fill the brinks truck with?

Talon

$25MM would be a good starting point if its fully guaranteed for 3 years.  If its not FG'd, then I would say something like $30MM and at $30MM I'd go longer than the 4 years, maybe 6?

GM Black Death

that is a good starting point. ok, what are your thoughts on 22 million fully guaranteed for 3 years and a 3 million bonus added? 

Talon

Hmm... I think we can agree to that.

GM Black Death

good, done deal, pleasure doing business with you

Talon

GM Black Death

Pleasure doing business with you sir.

Lock in

GM Black Death

another close game, but yet again another loss, it has been a tough season so far, we have been very close in many games but we still same to come up short.  that is frustrating, but we can not let that frustration take over. All we can do is build on the good points from the last game and fix any of the mistakes that were made and makes sure they don't happen in the next game.

Dallas is next and the battle for Texas is going to begin. Dallas has had a down year also, but that means nothing they would love to take the Belt Buckle from us. To them that would make their year, but we are not going to let that happen, because I know that we have a better team than them and we are going to prove it by winning this game and keeping the buckle where it belongs in San Antonio

Talon

Time to buckle up, buttercup.

GM Black Death

Sounds about right.  The status on Hoak , is he ready to play?

Talon

....uhhh no?  He's listed as out for 2 more weeks.

GM Black Death

Ok. Hopefully he will be back and ready to go in two weeks, With Dallas as our next opponent, I don't think we need to make anymore changes to the game plan, your thoughts on this Coach?

Talon

We need to smash them, bash them, and trash them.

GM Black Death

Sounds like a good plan , I will leave that  to you Coach .  Let keep that belt buckle where it belongs here in San Antonio

Lock in

GM Black Death

Now that is how you do it, We were able to keep the Belt buckle here in San Antonio and did it by not just beating our rivals, from Dallas. We smashed them and left no doubt about who was the better team that day. I am proud of my team, yeah we have been struggling this season, but you see that they do not quit.  Henry Golden had 7 catches for 116 yards and 1 TD,  Daniel Tate  24/33 229 yards with 2 TDS and 1 int.  Gordon Haynes with 6 tackles, 4 sacks,  1 safety,  1 fr, 1 fr.  Harlow with 5 tackles 2 for loss and 2 sacks.  Every aspect of the team was firing on all cylinders. offense, Defense, and special teams. When this team is going like that they are a sight to behold

Congrats to Gordon Haynes for becoming the 5th player to reach 25 plus sacks in a season, I am happy for him and excited to see what else he can do in the future, this is just the start of something more for him.

We got Pearl Harbor next, we just have to build off the momentum that we got from this win. I know Harbor is underestimating us, they are better now, We are a better team than our record and if they take us lightly they are going to get a big L on their record and they can not afford the loss at the moment because they fighting for that last spot in the playoffs, In these last few weeks, we can become season spoilers to a lot of teams. A role that this team will gladly adopt

Talon

GM Black Death

good job Coach, any issues around the team I should know about or are we ready to pick up another win  against Harbor

Talon

laissez le bon temps rouler!

GM Black Death

ผมเห็นด้วยกับคุณ .   

there is not much else we need to do coach.

Let's Lock in and see if we can get another win

Lock in

GM Black Death

Thank you all for being here today. I stand before you disappointed but ready to address the loss we experienced against the Pearl Harbor Predators. It was a challenging game, and the Predators played exceptionally well. I commend them on their performance and wish them continued success in their season.

As a team, we have high expectations for ourselves, and it's always disappointing to fall short. We understand that losses are a part of the game, and they provide us with valuable opportunities for growth and improvement. We will use this defeat as motivation to come back stronger and work harder.

I take full responsibility as the team's general manager for the decisions made and the overall performance of the group. We will carefully analyze our strategies, evaluate our strengths and weaknesses, and make adjustments to ensure we are better prepared for future challenges. We will learn from this loss and use it as a stepping stone toward achieving our ultimate goal.

I have complete faith in our coaching staff and the talent within our roster. We have a group of dedicated players who are committed to giving their best on and off the field. Together, we will regroup, reevaluate our approach, and continue pursuing success.

I can understand want Gordon Hynes is feeling, It was not one of his typical great games, and you will have to ask yourself why is that. I believe there may be some truth to what he speaks and I hope the league can take a look at how the game was called and improve  on the ref's performance

I am determined to keep the buckle in San Antonio. It's clear that we value the pride and honor associated with the belt buckle and want to maintain the Knights' status as the rightful owners. The game against the Mariachis will be crucial, we must defend their claim to the belt buckle and solidify our dominance in this rivalry.

Rivalry games are often filled with excitement, passion, and intense competition. The anticipation and stakes are higher when a tangible object like the Governors Belt buckle is on the line. Both teams will undoubtedly bring their best efforts to the field, aiming to outperform each other and emerge as the victor. That's why does not matter if Dallas is on a skid, they are going to bring it to get that Buckle from us

The fans of both the Knights and the Mariachis are in for an exhilarating contest, and the outcome will undoubtedly leave a lasting impact on the teams and their respective cities. But, San Antonio will be the ones to win and keep the Belt Buckle in its right full place

Talon

Here we go, Dallas again.  We know what we have to do.

GM Black Death

Yeah, let do it.

Lock in

GM Black Death

I don't know where to start, We did just beat our rivals in Dallas, We did not just sweep them in our 2-game series, we did not just keep the Governor Belt Biuclke from another year, but we crushed them and left no doubt who was the better team this year. what can  I say Samuel Slack, 5 tackles, 2 interceptions, 2 defense tds, not just player of the game, player of the week.  We were hitting on all cylinders this week and it shows on the field. Henry Golden with 5 catches, 115 yards, and 2 TDS, Eric West with 104-yard kick-off return for td, Gordon Haynes with 3 more sacks.  I could not be more prouder of these guys, Yeah the year did not go the way we thought it would go but we did not quit and see that these guys don't quit on the field.

I Back Henry Golden when he said we are the kings of Texas. the proof in the pudding, I believe is on a three-game winning streak against Dallas heading back to last season. until Dallas can beat us and take the belt buckle we are going to continue to call ourselves the Kings of Texas. If they don't like it, the only way there are going to stop us from saying it is to beat us next season.

The Next Game on the Schedule is Kanas City, Well we are not going to quit and KC better be ready for the fight of their lives.  I know there are a lot of people that want us to tank, but we don't do that here, we play to the best of our abilities and give it our all every game. if we lose so be it, but we know that we left everything on the field and have no regrets. So we are looking to make it back-to-back wins this week.