SAN ANTONIO KNIGHTS

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 10:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Black Death

The offer is 3 years 2.5 million for your client.

Talon

The Contract Negotiation James. T. CRAIN accepts your offer.

GM Black Death

done deal, it was a pleasure doing business with you.

Gigi, can you get me Mike "Money" Maker  please

Mr. Maker. I want to sign your client Franklin McDougal to my team, The offer is a 2 years 1 million

Talon

GM Black Death

done deal

actually, while I have you here you have another client, G Robert Collins, I like to offer him a deal

2 years 1 million

Talon

I'll do it for the one year.

GM Black Death

GM Black Death

Done deal. Thank you for your business.

Gigi can you get me Eli Harris please

Mr. Harris I want to speak to you about your client Alex Walker , the offer is 3 years 1 million

Talon

I'd do 1 year at $3.5MM

GM Black Death

sorry I don't have the cap space for that deal, let's do this, I want to make a deal with you today,  you got a young tackle named John Barrera. I will make an offer of 2 years 1 million for him

GM Black Death

I am sorry Mr. Harris, I have been informed that your man Barrera. has been signed by another team.

you have another tackle named Toney Garza, I would like to sign him for 2 year 1 million dollars

Talon

GM Black Death

that deal  done

I do have one more deal to offer another one of your players Mr. Harris, your DE Neil Bingham, will offer him 3 years 2.5 million with a 1 million bonus, 

Talon

We're seeking $6MM annually. We'd do 1 year at 4MM but that's as low as I'm going.

GM Black Death

Thank you Mr. Harris I am sorry, I will not be able to meet that offer. I just don't have enough room for it. I am sorry we could not get the deal done.

Gigi can you get me, James T. Crain, please

Mr. Crain, Benjamin Wallace the offer for him is 1 year 2 million

Talon

We'll make that deal.

GM Black Death

Deal done... thank you pleasure doing business.

Gigi I believe roster is full , can you confirm please

Talon

I provided you a spreadsheet with our roster and budget, you should be able to track that yourself from there, but yeah... full roster.

Just remember, once the season starts asking for financial or roster updates costs us bonus money.

GM Black Death

Gigi can you get me, Mike Maker, please

Mr. Maker,  something has come to my attention, I would like to make an offer to restructure Keegan deal.  offer is 3 years 16mm plus 8 mm bonus with 1.8MM of off-season money added for the inconvenience of doing this. how does that sound to you?

Talon

Easy money. consider it done.

GM Black Death

thank you sir  you have a great day

Gigi , I am good to  go ready to lock in for the mini-camp

MUSICAL LICENSES (GM MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK)

1. Mr. Car Radio - Twenty-one Pilots vs. The Killers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7tLk6NafIA
Played when the Knights entered the stadium Pre-Game

2. I Need You to Hurry Up (Dua Lupa VS Kanye West)   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHcs2KNq3Dk   
When a team scores a touchdown and the offense takes the field

3. Luniz - I Got 5 On It       
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me3CPl_i4C4     
Played each time the Knight's defense took the field and on crucial 3rd or 4th down plays on defense   

Lock in

Talon

With our shields, or On them...

GM Black Death

S17 - TRAINING CAMP PRESS CONFERENCE

*Your team has just broken camp.  The long off-season is over, your team has trained to get into shape and be ready for the regular season and you have just completed your team evaluation meeting with your coaching staff.  The pre-season is about to begin, but first you must address the media.

1. Welcome back, what was the most challenging part of the off-season, and where do you think you did the best as GM of this club?

from my understanding, it seems like the most challenging part for me this off-season was getting the contracts right. I never had issues with contracts until this off-season. maybe the pressure of trying to bring a winner to this great city might be finally getting to me and it showed in my contract offers. My best move was the talent that I acquired this off-season. I feel this might be the best team I had since I got here in San Antonio.

2. After a long off-season, the regular season is within reach.  What is your view of pre-season?  Valuable or Pointless?

I see great value in the pre-season, the team needs to gel and get to know each other this chance to be able to see how the players work together in-game situations. work out a few kinks before getting the season going   

3. Will you completely sit any of your players for the pre-season, or is it all hands on deck in the traditional pre-season limited capacity?'

I am thinking about it, but I do want to see how the players work together and think about just playing them, the starters may not get a lot of time but everyone should get some playing time. so all hands on deck in traditional pre-season limited-capacity

4. Having just met with your boss, the team's owner; what do you think about their expectations for you this season?

it wins or goes away. That is what is expected of me this season

5. The fans are clamoring, what should they expect this season from a record stand point?  Are you thinking this is a rebuilding season?  Is this a season where you will be middle of the pack and near .500?  Is this a club that should win 10+ games?  Is this team a lock to win the division, or is this team simply a real-deal Impact Bowl Contender and everything else is trivial?

The goal is 10+ wins and playoffs, Playoffs or bust, especially for me

6. What's the biggest position competition you're looking forward to with your team's pre-season games?

I want to see how my backup QBs are going to fare, we know Keegan is the number one, but I want to see who comes out as the number 2 QB, we have three fine players and I look forward to seeing who emerges

7. Look across the league, which team from the opposite conference do you think will be competing for the Impact Bowl when it's all said and done?

I say Miami will be in the Impact Bowl at the end of the season 

8. Make a bold prediction about this season:

we shock everyone and win the division

Talon

A lot on the line this year...  I hope missing all that extra training in mini-camp doesnt cost us our jobs.

GM Black Death

I understand coach and I got a little plan to help fix that. We're going have a celebration of the troops and get little extra training for our players before the preseason games. Going to organized a fun day at lackland air force base. Players are going run the course our troops run for there training.  Let me get with Gigi and get all the details down.  If you excuse me I am going get this done now and I will get back to you with all the details.

Gigi can you get me cost it would be to organized a military appreciation day at Lackland air force base here in San Antonio

Talon

$2MM if we want to send 8 players of your choice to the event. 

If we wanted to pay another $750K we could probably let them all sky dive too.

Talon

So obviously Taylor got injured and is most likely set to retire, but it won't happen until the end of pre-season so she can get that sweet insurance coverage going forward.

We can IR her to sign someone now, or we can wait and sign someone after pre-season... doesn't really matter.

GM Black Death

Wait until preseason over and sign another player.
Here the depth chart for preseason games

OFFENSE

Quarterback
Hilton Keegan
Daniel Tate
Joseph Sommer
Frederick Nagel

Running
Lawrence Lockett
Michael Cook
John Parrott

FullBack
David Sutton

Tight End
Joesph Grubb
Rickie Brown

Wide Receivers
Henry Golden
Eric West
Tim Collier
Thomas Oliver
Alexander Sandoval

Centers
Cruz Cohen
Jonathan Phillips
George Ballard

Left Tackle
Lawrence Naquin
David Fusco

Right Tackle
Don Pleasant
Toney Garza

Left Guard
Dwight Bell
Artorian Westerlund

Right Guard
Desmond Stanley
Robert Collins

DEFENSE

Defensive Tackle
Russell Lane
Forrest Jackson
Benjamin Carter
Sean Chun
Karl Wood

Defensive End
Gordon Haynes
Benjamin Wallace
James Chapa
Pandora Luna
Raven Luna

Linebacker
Nelson Lai
Wilfredo Barrera
William Jones
Christopher Metzler
Bryan Iverson
Joseph Foley

Cornerbacks
Joe Kimakala
Thomas Berry
Franklin McDougal
Kenneth Ponce

Strong Safety
Jesse Ginn
Donald Clark

Free Safety
Samuel Slack
Mark Sandoval

SPECIAL TEAMS

Kicker
Bambi Ortiz

Punter
Jack Metz

Kick Return
Eric West
John Parrott
Michael Cook

Punt Return
Eric West
John Parrott
Michael Cook

Lock in

GM Black Death

S17 - PRESEASON GAMES PRESS CONFERENCE

[if you have team specific news, address it as well.]

1. What did you take away from this slate of pre-season games

The offense same to be clicking right now , we were able to put up over 40 points in almost each game. Over 400 hundred yards each game . It something I been looking for the team to do last few seasons. It was done with our back ups. So it shows me our depth is good that going to help at the end of the season as we make a playoff push.

2. Which player stood out the most to you from your team?

Parrott has stood out to me over the preseason games. might need to find ways to get him on the field more during the game. Will have a chat with the coaches about that.

3. Did anyone surprise you and earn a starting job?

I can not make that call off presseson games. There some players that did really good but you have understand who they were playing at the time. Other back up players. These games were to judge talent and see if the offense and defense will work. Trying to get the guys ready for season but minimum the injuries to the starters. So I am not going to plug someone into the starting spot untill I see them.plsy in the regular season games.

4. Does the pre-season change your feeling about your teams potential this season?

Yes , we are going to be a tough team to beat and going to make the playoffs this season.

5. Talk about your opponent for week 1, and what it will take to win.

Cleveland is up first , we just got to play our game throw the ball all over the field and run up the score.. we are going to be high scoring team .

Talon

Alright, sign another DT... and then we're set unless you have anything to go over.

GM Black Death

I am on it Coach, going to give an agent a call right now , so bear with me one moment while I take care of this business and we can handle our business. I will be right back

Gigi can you get me agent Mike Maker on the phone please

Mr Maker I want to talk to you about your client Richard Darnell , I have opening on the team and I want to offer him contact worth 1 year. 2.5  million . Do we have a deal ?

Talon

MIKE MAKER ACCEPTS YOUR OFFER.

GM Black Death

Thank you sir , pleasure doing business with you .

Coach we are good , business is done . Now looking at the preseason games, we did good, but I don't see any need to change our depth chart at the moment. Unless you have someone in mind I might have overlooked...I say we move forward with current depth. Your thoughts?

Talon

Works for me. I'm good with it.

GM Black Death

Than let kick the tires and light the fires.

Lock in

GM Black Death

S17 - WEEK 1 POST GAME PRESS CONFERENCE

1. Talk us through opening week, what went as expected?  Where did you exceed expectations, and where did you fall short?l

It did not go the way I expected, to many turnovers by us and failure of punt team to stop early
Back to back 80 yard punt returns pretty much sunk us for the day. To big of hole we dig ourselves to climb out of.

2. Which player stood out the most to you from your opponents team?

Kyle Fosters 2 back to back 80 yard punt returns stood out for me. Hifl record and help put us away early in the game

3. [IF YOUR TEAM HAS NEWS, TAILOR THIS QUESTION TO ASK ABOUT YOUR NEWS -- IF NO NEWS, TALK ABOUT A NEWS STORY THAT INTERESTS YOU]

I am happy for the success of femfl and hope this lead to more of the ladies to cross over on the future. I am big advocate for that league

4. Do you feel like you put your team in the best position for success coming into this week 1 game?

I thought I did a good job getting the right pieces to get this team over the hump and to next level, but only time will tell and it up to the players now to execute on the field

5. Talk about your opponent for week 2 and what you will need to see from your team.

We got Detroit up next , they are hurting from lose of there QB for the season.  We are going to need to clean up the turnovers and maybe make sure no one set punt return records on us this game.

Talon

Hey, obviously we didn't get the result we wanted.  We might want to lower our pass ratios on early downs if we want to give Lockett and Cook more carries to show what they can do.

GM Black Death

that sounds like a good idea coach. I will get on it right away. is there anything you think I need to know?

Talon

GM Black Death

It a dumb question, don't worry about it Coach.

1st and 10th 50%
1st and short 50%
1st and medium 60%
1st and long  65%
2nd and short 50%
2nd and medium 55%
2nd and long 65%
3rd and short 50%
3rd and medium 70%
3rd and long 75%
4th and short 65%
Goal line 50%

These are the new pass ratios coach , apply them now moving forward.

Going to lock in now and let's get that first win.

lock in

GM Black Death

S17 - WEEK 2 POST GAME PRESS CONFERENCE

1. Talk about your teams performance this week.

Not much I can say . We play a good first half , lost it in the third quarter. We play a good game but not good enough to win.

2. How do you feel about your team after two weeks?

I love this team , but they are underperforming at this moment. They are not playing to the protenial that I know this team has.

3. [IF YOUR TEAM HAS NEWS, TAILOR THIS QUESTION TO ASK ABOUT YOUR NEWS -- IF NO NEWS, TALK ABOUT A NEWS STORY THAT INTERESTS YOU]

I am very panicked, if team doesn't improve soon I will be gone from the job

4. Talk about your opponent for week 3 and what you will need to see from your team.

Pearl Harbor is next. For my team to win they're going to need to clean up the mistakes. No more turnovers. Going to need someone on offense to step up and make a splash.

Talon

Our offensive line is really making life hard for the rest of the offense..  We just lack the consistency to get anyone in a rhythm.

GM Black Death

Any suggestions to how we can improve... maybe we cut back on QB drops back ,  three steps instead  of five steps. Or we have to go more run heavy to take pressure off Keegan and shift burden to our young backs.

Talon

So, we are currently running a balanced passing focus meaning we try to keep it balanced between short passing, medium passing, and deep passing.  We could move to a bigger focus on short passing to limit the deep/longer drop backs to get the ball out faster.

If you want to go run heavy, you're the boss and I will do it, but I just prefer a pass-first offense, that's my philosophy, but you did invest a lot of draft picks into running backs, so I mean; you're the boss.

GM Black Death

I say we move bigger focus on short passes, try to get ball out faster and maybe get the offense into rhythm that way. I don't want to go against your philosophy coach. If that does not work we switch more run focus if need be , but that last resort..

So let move to  focus on shorter pass plays to limit the QB drop and get ball out quicker.

Talon

Sounds good.  I'll do some slight shifts to the run to give guys more touches as well, I'm not a rigid asshole, I just don't want to be running a 75% run game that only passes on 3rd down, you know? 

GM Black Death

Sounds good to me. Let set that up and see if we can get our first win this week

lock in

GM Black Death

S17 - WEEK 3 POST GAME PRESS CONFERENCE

1. Talk about your teams performance this week.

This was the team's best performance so far, you can see a glimpse of the team I envision when I put this team together.  But with all that great play on the field we still lost the game in overtime, we came up just short. we are going to need to be more constant in our play and win all four quarters and win the game. the season just started and thill a lot of time left, but the window is closing fast going to need to turn this around

2. Do you feel a particular coach has stood out on your staff, and why?

this is a team effort and no I have not seen a particular coach that stood out.  We are a team we win together and we lose together. We take the praise and the criticism together

3. Talk about your opponent for week 4, do you see any holes in their game that you can exploit?

We play our division rival Las Vegas,  I feel they might have some issues with the run game on offense, as our defense needs to take away their pass and force them to beat us with the run offense. They are not the same defense that they were last season, we play a control game, mix pass and run, and wear them down. Their pass rush is still top-tier, but if we move fast and keep them on their heels we can win this game.

This Cleveland kicker needs to worry about his team, he missed an XP and it might have cost his team the game, he is so weak-minded, instead of taking responsibility for his own mistake,  that he can not do the one job that he is paid for, which is to kick the ball and has to defect and call out my team.  He needs to man up,  own up to his mistakes, and keep my team out of his mouth. Because if he keeps playing like he playing he going to be out of the job faster than me. worry about your own house first. I got this stuff in San Antonio cover

Talon

... Big man, what is going on?

GM Black Death

Honestly the team has not performed up to what  I believe they could.  Last week was good show what they can do , but we came up  short. We have protenial to be championship team ,  all the pieces are there, but it has not come together yet.  But it my team and I take full responsibility, all I can do try to tweak so things here and there and try to make some moves. Ultimately it comes down to them performing on field and just has not been good enough. I take  full blame for those loses.  I feel this team can win , given time. But might not be enough time left.  That it in nutshell