MIAMI KILLER WHALES [GM JUSTIN]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 10:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

We were seeking $2.5MM, want to meet near the middle and say $1.6MM?

GM Gates

I could make it a 2 year deal worth $1 million in year one and $2 million in year two if that works better for you and Joseph.

Talon

GM Gates

Pleasure as always James.

——————

Bobby Shapiro please.

——————

Bobby, we touched base a bit during the season, and my interest in bringing SS Troy Garcia back here is still there. My offer would be a 3 year deal worth $2 million a season.

Talon

Right now Troy is asking for $4MM per year to re-sign.

GM Gates

Hmmm, would you be willing to meet in the middle at $3 million per season?

Talon

Possibly later, but right now that is the price.

GM Gates

Alright, perhaps we will touch base again during UFA. Thanks for your time Bobby.

Talon

Talon

Hello GM Gates,   I am Thomas Reese, the investigator looking into the recent allegations made against your boss.  Do you have a few minutes to answer a few questions?

GM Gates

Hello Mr. Reese.

I've got some free time now if you want to ask some questions.

Talon

Excellent.  I have questions about Mr. Freeman as well as your past employer Mr. Robbie Burns jr.   

First lest start with your old job, did Mr. Burns ever mention financial concerns or struggles with you outside of the scope of the salary cap?

GM Gates

No, Mr Burns and I never discussed finances beyond the salary cap. Only thing we ever spoke about was the performance of the team, and how his dad saw me as more of a son than him. But no finances.

Talon

...sounds like a strained relationship to say the least.    That brings us to your current position; how about Mr. Freeman?

GM Gates

With Mr. Freeman, he and I have not spoken about finances outside of the salary cap and my contract.

Talon

Fair enough.  Lastly, it has been mentioned during my investigations that there is a movement within the General Managers to look to a new GM to work as the liaison between the GMs and the Owners and Players..  Some say your success has made you lean in favor of the owners.   

How do you feel about that?

GM Gates

It wouldn't be the first time I've heard other GMs want to remove me from the role, but I try not to let it bother me or get in the way of my job.

Talon

with your particular position getting you closer to the owners, would you happen to have any information about any of the other owners in the league that may be useful for me?

GM Gates

Honestly, no, I don't. The only talk in the off season meetings is about the league rules and salary cap. Nothing has been mentioned to me about any team specific financial situations.

Talon

Okay, well thank you for your time.  If you think of anything else, you have my number.

GM Gates

Will do. I hope you have a good day, Mr Reese.

Talon

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Hello Hello South Beach!  It's YA BOY!!! BIG MONEY BIGGS!  I'm here to make this place as Rich as I already am! HAHAHAHA!!!

Listen!  Listen!  I didn't spend a boat load of money; You see what I did there?! HAHA!!  I didn't spend a boat load of money to buy this team just to watch it lose, so this is a clear message to my fan base right here and right now.  This team WILL win a championship soon!  THE IMPACT BOWL IS COMING BACK TO SOUTH BEACH, BAYYYYYY-BEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

BIG MONEY - OUT!!!

Talon

Hi there, I have us with $950K and over the bonus cap by $1.18MM with a full roster heading into UFA.

GM Gates

Thank you Selina.

I actually have a different set of numbers. I have us with $1.95MM in salary left, and over the bonus cap by only $180K. By chance do you still have Gordon Haynes in your numbers? We traded him to San Antonio and got Mark Berg back in the deal.

Talon

You're right! our books now match

GM Gates

Alright Selina, back to action. Can you get me in touch with James T Crain.

——————

Mr. Crain, pleasure to speak with you again. I wanted to follow up on our talks about G Steven Shore. We had offered a 1 year deal worth $2 million and were said to be in the lead and you guys were thinking about it, so I wanted to revisit it. Does the deal work?

Talon

GM Gates

Pleasure as always, James

———————

Selina, could you get me in touch with Eli Harris?

———————

Eli, I wanted to revisit our offer for DE Willie Skidmore. Does 1 year at $750K work?

GM Gates

Eli, just saw the news on Willie. I wish him the best in the PFL. Apologies for wasting your time.

——————

Selina, could you get me in touch with the agent for DE Terry Stephens? I think it might be Anthony Campanelli.

——————

Hello, I wanted to talk to you about signing your client DE Terry Stephens to a 2 year deal worth $1 million. Any chance we can make that happen?

Talon

C'mon GM Gates, you gotta be breakin' my bawls....

GM Gates

My apologies for that Anthony.

I'd be able to change my offer to a 1 year deal worth $1.5 million, but not sure if that tips the scales at all.

Talon

For $1.5MM the best I can do is Eric Kilgore, Kapeesh.

GM Gates

I understand, Anthony. Thanks for hearing me out anyways. I will pass on Kilgore. Take care.

Talon

Heh... I see how it is.  Dually noted, Va fa Napole.

GM Gates

Until next time, Anthony.

—————

Selina, could you get me in touch with Kawann Douglas please?

—————

Mr. Douglas, I am looking for some depth to my defensive line and was wondering if you'd be interested in a 1 year deal worth $1 million to come play in Miami.

Talon

GM Gates

Sorry to waste your time, Kawann.

—————
Alright Selina, I think I better stop there before I end up in some sort of penalty box.

I have us with a full roster with $1.875 salary left and $320K in bonus money.

Talon

I have us with 1.82MM in cap space, one of our sheets might be rounding up to 2 decimals somewhere?

GM Gates

I figured it out Selina. Found the error and now my books also have $1.825MM in remaining cap space.

Talon

GM Gates

MINI-CAMP ASSIGNMENTS GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK

OFFENSE:
1. Clyde Kidwell - IQ
2. Thomas Moya - Pass Blocking
3. Fernando Marler - Pass Blocking
4. Thomas Moya - Strength

DEFENSE:
1. Noah York - IQ
2. Henry Fagan - Tackling
3. Greg Juarez - Tackling
4. Mikel Moore - IQ

STRATEGY GM OR COACHES DECISION ON ANY/ALL

OFFENSE
Attitude: Coaches Decision
Focus: Coaches Decision
Tempo: Very Fast
Passing Focus: Balanced
Pass To: Coaches Decision
Primary Receiver: Jayson Little
Third Down Back: Coaches Decision
Goal Line Back: Coaches Decision
Running Focus: Coaches Decision
Running Backs Role: Coaches Decision
Backfield by Committee?: Yes
Tight End Focus: Mixed
QB Tuck and Run: Coaches Decision

DEFENSE
Attitude: Coaches Decision
Focus: Coaches Decision
Primary Coverage: Coaches Decision
D-Line Focus: Coaches Decision
Linebacker Focus: Coaches Decision
Player Radio: Samuel Chow
Match CBs to WRs?: Coaches Decision
Align Man Coverage?: Coaches Decision

SUBSTITUTION LOGIC
Point Margin for Backup Package Coaches Decision
Sub Package Minimum Energy Coaches Decision
Sub Package Maximum Energy Coaches Decision

END OF GAME SCENARIOS
If Winning Run More
If Losing Pass More

COUNTER STRATEGY (vs. offense gives your defense a boost to stop the selected type; vs. defense gives your offense a boost vs. selected defensive strategy)
Coaches Decision? Yes
vs. Offense Coaches Decision
vs. Defense Coaches Decision

OFFENSE MASTER DEPTH CHART GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK (You may attach up to 3 additional Copies of this Chart for various "Packages" in your offense, the final package is strictly your back up players for substitutions - this is automatically set by your coaching staff)

PACKAGE NAME:

QB- Mervin Patton
QB2- Shaun Day
QB3- Benjamin Coon

RB1- Maria Crews
RB2- Christopher Knox
RB3- Fredrick Cross
RB4- William Hannah

FB- John Peyton

TE1- James McClary
TE2- Elliott Williams

WR1- Jayson Little
LWR4- James Van Driver

WR2- Clyde Kidwell
WR5- Nelson Jackson

WR3- Hunter McDonald
WR6- Cedric Hill

LT- Gary Fenton
LT2- David Brill

LG- William Bender
LG2- Steven Shore

C- Fernando Marler
C2- Jeremy Tuggle

RG- Steven Shore
RG2- Thomas Moya
RG3- Trevor Rohr

RT- David Brill
RT2- David Atkins

DEFENSE MASTER DEPTH CHART GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK (You may attach up to 3 additional Copies of this Chart for various "Packages" in your defense. The final package is strictly your back up players for substitutions - this is automatically set by your coaching staff)

PACKAGE NAME:

DT1- Merlin McLendon
DT3- William Coleman

DT2- Noah York
DT4- James Kaplan

RE1- David Freese
RE2- Benjamin Wallace

LE1- Henry Fagan
LE2- Mark Berg

MLB1- Joseph Spellman
MLB2- Earl Sturdivant

ROLB1- Samuel Chow
ROLB2- William Sherwood

LOLB1- Herbert Peters
LOLB2- Zachary Gant
LOLB3- Joseph Foley

CB1- Rodney Greenwood
CB4- Willian Gray

CB2- Daniel Coleman
CB5- James Paris

CB3- Mikel Moore
CB6- Greg Juarez

FS1- Francisco Berlin
FS2- Isaac Thompson

SS1- Kyle Wimpleman
SS2- Ken Jeffers
SS3- Edward Sparks

SPECIAL TEAMS MASTER DEPTH CHART GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK

K- Brent Skipper
P- Maurice Alcala

KR1- James Van Driver
KR2- Christopher Knox
KR3- Nelson Jackson
KR4- Cedric Hill

PR1- James Van Driver
PR2- Christopher Knox

PLAY CALLING GM Chooses who calls plays, and assigns desired percentages if not left up to play calling coach

OFFENSE RUN/PASS RATIO

Play Caller: Head Coach
First and 10 - Coaches Decision
First and Short - Coaches Decision
First and Medium - Coaches Decision
First and Long - Coaches Decision

Second and Short - Coaches Decision
Second and Medium - Coaches Decision
Second and Long - Coaches Decision

Third and Short - Coaches Decision
Third and Medium - Coaches Decision
Third and Long - Coaches Decision

Fourth and Short - Coaches Decision
Fourth and Medium - Coaches Decision
Fourth and Long - Coaches Decision

Goal Line -

Final 2 mins of half (w/ lead) - Coaches Decision
Final 2 mins of half (trailing) - Coaches Decision

DEFENSE BLITZ RATIO

Play Caller: Defensive Coordinator
First and 10 - Coaches Decision
First and Short - Coaches Decision
First and Medium - Coaches Decision
First and Long - Coaches Decision

Second and Short - Coaches Decision
Second and Medium - Coaches Decision
Second and Long - Coaches Decision

Third and Short - Coaches Decision
Third and Medium - Coaches Decision
Third and Long - Coaches Decision

Fourth and Short - Coaches Decision
Fourth and Medium - Coaches Decision
Fourth and Long - Coaches Decision

Goal Line -

Final 2 mins of half (w/ lead) - Coaches Decision
Final 2 mins of half (trailing) - Coaches Decision

MUSICAL LICENSES (GM MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK)

1. "Crazy Train" by Ozzy Osborne
-this song will play as the team enters the field area before the game and will also play at halftime right before the second half is to start.

2. "Boom" by P.O.D
The chorus of this song will play anytime Miami players get a sack, or after any big stop on defense.

COIN TOSS PREFERENCE

Heads
Defer

Lock In

Talon

GM Gates

Thank you Selina. Could you send Coach Jose in?

———————

Coach, our team looks about how I thought they'd look like coming out of camp. I tried the best I could to address our speed issues at receiver so hopefully they are an improved group for Merv this season. And beyond that I think we came out pretty well given the moves that had to be made.

I think the only spot where I have a question is at defensive end. Obviously it was a strength for us last season, so going into the season how do you see that playing out? I had initially thought Berg and Fagan could form a rotation there. Is that the best option or will we see Chow playing DE more this season?

Will we be utilizing Chow down at DE more often this season?

Talon

Outside of maybe in a dime set, I dont see us dropping Chow down to DE unless we have a bunch of injuries this year.  The plan right now is that rotation of Berg and Fagan, the only big concern is neither is very fast so we'll likely get more run D and pressure from them over seeing a bunch of sacks for them.

GM Gates

That's fine, I'm not necessarily worried if we don't get the sacks as long as our defensive front is still going to be able to get pressure to the quarterback. If we can still do that then I think we will be fine with Berg and Fagan rotating on the end. Do you think that is still possible or will we struggle a lot to do that?

Talon

Our D-line is probably our weakest unit overall, but I believe we can still get pressure.  If not we will need to address it quickly.  The Experts still rank our offense 5th and defense 7th in the league but as always with our division despite being ranked 10th in the league in the power rankings we're also 3rd in our division... should be plenty of motivation for our boys, but yeah, clearly we have something to prove.

GM Gates

Yeah I will look to address it quickly if I can, especially if we start the season off slow again.

Speaking of, how does Merv look? I know you mentioned those expert rankings have our offense 5th, but with him having a full camp with us, does he still look elite? Has he clicked well with the new receiver room?

Talon

So Merv has never been a monster-arm type of guy, and he lost a little zip on his ball coming out of last season but he got it back in camp and looks sharp.  His accuracy looks better as well and his IQ is as high as it can get, not many people with a better understanding of the game than him, so as long as he puts it together on the field, I'm expecting another great season.  The fact he isn't being talked about as a top tier QB anymore baffles me.

GM Gates

Unlike some of the people around the league, I still see him as a top tier QB, so it's great to hear he's looking so good out of camp. Having him here from week 1 can only do great things for him and the team.

I assume you are good with the way I laid out the wide receivers, with Little and Kidwell as 1 and 2 and then McDonald as our WR3?

Talon