Conference: Eastern
Division: Mid Atlantic
Team Owner: Hershel Kiss
Team Secretary: Lolly Pops

Official Colors:

Orange (#F95602)
Black (#111111)

Team History:
The DC Cobras are a team based out of Washington DC; owned by esteemed candy maker Hershel Kiss, the team is funded by the ridiculously successful Chocolate factory.  Mr. Kiss is very... eccentric and frankly some may suspect that he uses his chocolate factory as a front for a major drug trafficking operation, but at the end of the day he runs and funds the Cobras, and that is all that matters.  The Cobras have always had a solid defense, in S1 and S2 they had the #1 defense in football, but have since seen that degrade more towards the mid-tier (yards allowed increased, but points allowed remained #2 in the league) but the team has never had a potent offense.  Each season the Cobras have seen their Passing Yards per game average decline all the way to a ridiculously bad 167 yards per game last season.  DC is the only franchise never to make the HIFL post-season after finishing last in the east every season with only Tombstone having a worse record at any time.  in S1 the team went 6-10, in S2 they fell to 4-12 and have gone 6-10 in each of the past two seasons as well.  DC needs a strong GM to fix this team, but the ownership knows it will take time to turn the franchise around. Management hopes that 2nd year QB Christian Sullivan can shoulder the load under center and on defense they have a solid young leader at Linebacker in Larry Stevens the #2 overall pick in the S3 draft who at 6'5 is a dominant pass rusher and tackler.

Season 1: 6-10
Season 2: 4-12
Season 3: 6-10
Season 4: 6-10
Season 5: 8-8 [GM Jon]
Season 6: 12-4 [GM Jon]
Season 7: 11-5 [GM Jon]
Season 8: 9-7 [GM Jon]
Season 9: 9-7 [GM Jon]
Season 10: 10-5-1 [GM Dazz]
Season 11: 6-10-0 [GM Dazz]
Season 12: 8-8-0 [GM Dazz]
Season 13: 9-7-0 [GM Dazz]
Season 14: 8-8-0 [GM Justin]
Season 15: 9-6-1 [GM Justin]
Season 16: 11-5-0 [GM Justin]
Season 17: 12-4-0 [GM  Justin]

Playoff Appearances:
Season 5: 0-1 (Divisional Round)
Season 6: 3-0 (Impact Bowl Champions)
Season 7: 3-0 (Impact Bowl Champions)
Season 10: 0-1 (Wild Card Round)
Season 15: 0-1 (Wild Card Round)
Season 16: 1-1 (Divisional Round)
Season 17: 0-1 (Divisional Round)

RETIRED NUMBERS:
2 - GM Jon Hallquist (impact bowl wins w/ DC)
54 - Larry "Legend" Stevens
0 - James "Black Death" Wells  (GM BD)

Talon

S15 DC COBRAS LOCK IN

MINI-CAMP ASSIGNMENTS GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK

OFFENSE:
1. Albert Baum - Pass Blocking
2. Michael Meek - IQ
3. Frank Beale - IQ
4. Frank Beale- Pass Blocking

DEFENSE:
1. Windy Mills - IQ
2. Irvin Schofield - Speed
3. Jurrell Johnson - Speed
4. Benjamin Tyree - IQ

STRATEGY GM OR COACHES DECISION ON ANY/ALL

OFFENSE
Attitude:  Aggressive
Focus:  Pass
Tempo:  Very Fast
Passing Focus: Coaches Decision
Pass To: Coaches Decision
Primary Receiver: Coaches Decision
Running Focus: Coaches Decision
Running Backs: Coaches Decision
Backfield Focus: Coaches Decision
Tight End Focus: Who needs a tight end

DEFENSE
Attitude:  Aggressive
Focus: Coaches Decision
Primary Coverage: Coaches Decision
D-Line Focus: Coaches Decision
Linebacker Focus: Coaces Decision
Player Radio: Larry Stevens
Match CBs to WRs?: Coaches Decision

Playing Time: Mostly Starters

TEAM CAPTAINS GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK
1.  Larry Stevens
2.  Michael Meek
3.  Tamati Polamalu
4.  Octavio Nathan
5.  Shane Barkley
6.  Daniel Randolph

OFFENSE MASTER DEPTH CHART GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK (You may attach up to 4 additional Copies of this Chart for various "Packages" in your offense.)

PACKAGE NAME: Use this one

QB-  Michael Meek
QB2- David Jordan
QB3- Hubert Solis

RB1- Anthony Spurgeon-Gray
RB2- Daryl Nelson
RB3- Harold Crow

FB- William Moe

TE1- N/A
TE2- N/A

WR1- Marshawn Holiday
LWR4- Lonzo Jackson

WR2- Herbert Bobbit
WR5- Gary Stanton

WR3- Daniel Randolph

LT- Frank Beale
LT2- Louis Stevens

LG- Jerome Butler
LG2- Albert Baum

C- Octavio Nathan
C2- Caleb Green

RG- DeMarcus Montgomery
RG2- Albert Baum

RT- Louis Stevens
RT2- Sean Augustine

DEFENSE MASTER DEPTH CHART GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK (You may attach up to 4 additional Copies of this Chart for various "Packages" in your defense.)

PACKAGE NAME: Use this one

DT1- Bruiser Elliott
DT3- Ronny Stone

DT2- Benjamin Tyree
DT4- Lucio Clayton

RE1- Anthony LeBlanc
RE2- Jurrell Johnson

LE1- David Coffey
LE2-  Jurrell Johnson

MLB1- Larry Stevens
MLB2- Irvin Schofield

ROLB1- Irvin Schofield
ROLB2- Kent Harmon

LOLB1- Kent Harmon
LOLB2- Leo Riley

CB1- Shane Barkley
CB4- Joshua Reynolds

CB2- Randell Heim
CB5- David Vang

CB3- Windy Mills
CB6- Kyle Foster

FS1- William Bostic
FS2- Cameron Keller

SS1- Tamati Polamalu
SS2- Devon Duncan

SPECIAL TEAMS MASTER DEPTH CHART GM's MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK

K- King Lindsey
P- Charles Pritchard

KR1- Anthony Spurgeon-Gray
KR2- Lonzo Jackson
KR3- Windy Mills
KR4- Gary Stanton

PR1- Lonzo Jackson
PR2- Anthony Spurgeon-Gray

PLAY CALLING GM Chooses who calls plays, and assigns desired percentages if not left up to play calling coach

OFFENSE RUN/PASS RATIO

Play Caller: Head Coach -- All coaches decisions
1st and 10:
1st and Short:
1st and Long:
2nd and Short:
2nd and Long:
3rd and Short:
3rd and Long:
4th and Short:
4th and Long:
Goal Line:
Last 2 Mins (Ahead):
Last 2 Mins (Behind):

DEFENSE BLITZ RATIO

Play Caller: Defensive Coordinator -- All coaches decisions
1st and 10:
1st and Short:
1st and Long:
2nd and Short:
2nd and Long:
3rd and Short:
3rd and Long:
4th and Short:
4th and Long:
Goal Line:
Last 2 Mins (Ahead):
Last 2 Mins (Behind):

MUSICAL LICENSES (GM MUST COMPLETE THIS TASK)

1. Nightshop - Fugazi (https://youtu.be/PzUeqdr0bzo)
Description of usage
Team running onto the field

2. Pay to Cum - Bad Brains (https://youtu.be/h0qJu4q8yd8)
Description of usage
To be played after DC scores a touchdown

COIN TOSS PREFERENCE

Tails
Defer

Lock in

GM Justin

1. Welcome back, lets talk off-season.  What was your off-season like, what was your biggest addition to your team, and who is someone you wish you didn't lose?

We had a busy offseason, but I believe a productive one. We obviously moved some big pieces, but I believe at the end of the day we came out a better team.  Our biggest addition....Shane Barkley.  Honestly, I think we had some big additions on defense that will make a helluva impact, but I believe Shane will be a game changer for our secondary.  In terms of a player we lost...I hated to trade away Turnover Taylor, but the move was purely done from an economics standpoint.

2. Take us back to Draft Day, what lead to you taking the player you took with your first pick?

Very easy....we needed offensive line help to keep Meek upright in the pocket so we took a guy we felt like should have been a first round pick, but fell to us.

3. Coming out of Training Camp who is the player you wish you would have seen on your "most improved list" that you didn't see?

I'd have to say ASG.  The young man is super talented and I think has the ability to really make an impact in this offense and be an integral part of it.  I would have loved to see him take that next step forward in training camp.  With that said, I believe he can still make that leap during the season.

4. If you were to improve one position on your team with a trade before the season starts, what position do you target, and are you looking to trade picks or players to get a deal done?

I'll kind of piggy back off of what I just said....right now I would have to say running back.  As far as the assets I'd trade...I'm always open to picks, players, or both.

5. How many wins should your fan base expect this year, realistically what should fans expect to see?

12....I believe our offense will take a big step forward this year and put up points on the board.  Despite some of our moves on defense, I believe defensively we will be an improved group.  We will show teams what DC really stands for.....Destroy and Conquer!

Talon

Anything we need to discuss?

GM Justin

Not right now.  I think we go out there and see what we got.  If you don't have anything you want to discuss lets go ahead and lock in.

Talon

Thats fine with me, Im sure we'll have more news to deal with as the season goes on.

GM Justin

Then let's get to work winning the Impact Bowl

Lock in

GM Justin

SEASON 15 - WEEK 1

1. Discuss your week 1 results, what were you happy with, what were you disappointed with?

Well we lost which sucks and we did so despite putting up 500 yards of offense.  However, when you give up 367 yard of passing to Reginald Duke you deserve to lose.  That guy should not be passing for damn near 400 yards...especially against a secondary like ours.  It's the first game of the season so we have plenty of time to work out the kinks since we have some new guys on defense, but I'm definitely not pleased. Also we have got to limit the turnovers, Meek had a 70% completion rate...but two untimely interceptions.  Again, the first week, but we have to be better.

2. How do you feel about not having pre-season this year?

Love it....it's a waste.

3. What did you think of Alejandro McGhee's comments about the Bay Area Sea Lions being able to beat any HIFL club?

Name the time and place and the Cobras will be there.

4. Discuss any news that interested you, if you had team specific news address it first.

Tyler Dario wants to be a social media influencer, not a HIFL GM.  That's evident by his team building.

5. Discuss your next opponent and game.   How likely do you feel your team is to win this contest?

Cancun is coming to town...we should send them back out of town with a huge loss.

Talon

Our offense showed up but the defense didn't... but against Cancun, we hopefully get it all together.

GM Justin

Like I said, I understand it's the first game and we got some new pieces that need time to gel.  But we've got to make that happen quickly.

Anything you think we need to address?  If not, let's go ahead and lock in and see how we fare against lesser competition.

Talon

Nothing here, lets do it..

GM Justin

GM Justin

1. Discuss your week 2 results, what were you happy with, what were you disappointed with?

We lost to Cancun...there is nothing to be happy about.  It's a big fucking disappointment.

2. After two weeks do you feel your team is where you thought they would be, if not what is the biggest area of improvement needed?

Absolutely not.  We have to buckle down on defense and stop the opposing team.  And our quarterback has to stop turning the ball over on offense.

3. Are you happy with the play of your quarterback so far? Where do you rank him across the league's 32 starters?

Kind of...Meek has show flashes so far in these two games, but as I just mentioned...he's got to stop throwing interceptions.  I think he's a top 10 QB though.

4. Discuss any news that interested you, if you had team specific news address it first.

I'm interested in winning at the moment.

5. Discuss your next opponent and game.   Where is your biggest advantage?

Tottenham...we have the better team and the better playmakers.  This is another game we have to win.
We just have to rise to the occasion.

Talon

This is as must win as you get in week 3, if we can't beat Tottenham we might need to start looking for new jobs.

GM Justin

We're putting up yards on offense, but keep turning it over.  Defense...we can't get pressure on the quarterback and can't stop the running game.  Any changes you think we need to make on defense?

Talon

It's tough to find the answer statistically, we've got 4 sacks, 3 hurries and 4 more knockdowns defensively, and while the sack number would be nice to be doubled, those aren't bad pressure numbers when you consider with actual knockdowns we are in the top 15 in the league.   We just have to do better with the turnovers. 3 TDs and a FG against us on drives after a turnover through two weeks, its brutal.

GM Justin

Alright, let me talk to Meek and then we'll lock in.

Lolly, please send Michael Meek in please...

Mike, we've got to get this figured out.  I don't need to tell you we're turning the ball over too much, but you've got to do better.  Us winning starts with you and the way you play and lead this team.  Can't do anything about the first two games, so let's focus on what we can and that's Tottenham.

Talon

I hear you boss, unacceptable on my part. Part of my game is NOT turning it over.  I'll tighten it up.

GM Justin

I'm holding you too it.

Lolly, let's do this.

lock in

GM Justin

1. Discuss your week 3 results, what were you happy with, what were you disappointed with?

We won...I'm happy about that.  Disappointed that we barely won.  We should have dominated this team.

2. Have you and your coach made any major adjustments so far this season, if not do you feel you need to after this week?

No major adjustments yet.  I'll wait til after next week's game to see where we are after a quarter of the season.

3. The league has discussed a potential league-sponsored event to give free agent offensive linemen the chance to showcase themselves to HIFL teams, what do you think of this idea?

Nothing wrong with it at all.  Quarterbacks get all the shine and extra benefits a lot of the times, so glad to see an unheralded position get some love.

Always sad to see a fellow GM leave, but Gators is a good dude and deserves all good things that happen to him.

5. Discuss your next opponent and game. What is something about that team that you wish you could emulate?

Tough game against Rapid City.  Their quarterback is on fire and playing great football.  Their passing game will be tough to stop, but I think we have the defense to do it if we can execute.  I would like to emulate their ability to score points.  I might not be the math wizard that Doug E. Fresh is...but they're averaging like 44 points a game.

Talon

First win in the books, but Hyland and the Inferno are a tough squad even without an active GM.

GM Justin

Well let's get through this game and then assess where we are as a team.

lock in

GM Justin

1. Discuss your week 4 results.

Picked up a very good win against a very good team in the Inferno.  Meek gets the game ball for sure.
This is the reason I traded for him, because I knew he had this type of talent in him.  Now we just have to focus on the consistency.  Defensively we play great in the secondary and had some big plays and created turnovers.  A very good overall team performance.

2. One quarter of the way through the season, has your team played up to expectations?

I don't believe so.  We are a super talented team, we just have to gel and execute.  This game against the Inferno was as I just mentioned, a great overall team performance.  We have the capability to play like this week in and week out.

3. Do you see yourself attending the HIFL's Offensive Lineman Open House?

I wouldn't rule it out.

George Britt is an all-world left tackle and him stopping Wilkinson proves it.  I've known it since I was the GM in Oakland, but in case anyone ever slept on him...well now they know.

5. Grade your coaching staff so far through the first quarter of the season, have they lived up to your expectations?

I'd go with a B.  We have some new guys on both sides of the ball so it's been expected to have some growing pains.  With that being said, it's time now for us to kick it into gear.

6. Discuss your next opponent and game. What is something about that team that you wish you could emulate?

Music City is a solid well balanced team.  However, we have the better team and if we play like we did this week we should win.  I will say though, I'd like to emulate their run defense.  It's better than ours.

Talon

Back to back wins is nice, but a 3 game win streak is nicer.

GM Justin

Yes, indeed.  Any ideas on how we can do a better job stopping the run?

Talon

We're going to try to prep for the run more on 3rd downs, we've given up 80 yards on 10 runs on 3rd down this season and its hurting us.

GM Justin

Think it's worth giving Weinstein or Clayton a chance to start over Tyree, to see if that helps?

Talon

I think we could maybe split reps and give all three some time and see if either of them flash in the box score and if it helps our run D overall, but neither is rated high enough to justify a full switch without some stats to back it up

GM Justin

Sounds like a plan.  Well as you know I've paid our entry to the linemen camp so I'll leave you to it.

Lolly, can you send in Shane Barkley please...

Shane, big game this past week, how are you settling into DC?  I am glad we are able to team up again.

Talon

Last week felt good, first time I really settled in and felt good about my play.  I'm going to bring better results than I've showed so far, just got to trust the process.

GM Justin

I like the sound of that.  Trust the process and keep pounding.

Lolly, can you bring me Coach Saint again.

Coach, just made the move to bring in D'Brickashaw Arreola.  We in agreeance that he should place Augustine in the staring lineup this week?

Talon

GM Justin

Alright, let's make that change and lock in.

D'Brickashaw Arreola starts at RT over Sean Augustine

Lock in

GM Justin

1. Discuss your week 5 results (if you won, who deserves a game ball for their efforts?) (if you lost, who needs to step up to prevent another loss?) (if you had a bye-week, discuss a game that caught your eye)

-We won a game we should have and keep our momentum going.  I believe the game ball goes to Heim....4 PDs and an interception...he helped lead our defense to an outstanding performance.  King Lindsey is a close second...he kept us in the game with his leg.

2. What does your team need most in terms of improvement?

-We have to cut down on our turnovers.  I've preached about it all season....turnovers.  We had 3 this game and a fumble that we were able to recover.  We aren't going to keep winning if we can't hold onto the ball.

3. Discuss any news that interested you, if you had team specific news address it first.

-The linemen camp was a great success for the league and for this team.  Big shout out to the league for hosting the event and recognizing that it was needed.  We were able to attend and got a great player.

4. Discuss your next opponent and game. What is your biggest advantage in this contest?

-We travel to our division rivals, Amsterdam.  They have one of the highest scoring offenses in the league so it will be a slugfest.  Our defense is one of the better ones in the league and I believe they are up to the challenge.  It will be a great game and the fans will get their money's worth, and we'll come home with the victory.

----

Coach...I have a crazy idea...what do you think about putting Lonzo Jackson at running back in certain sets to see if we can utilize his speed out of the backfield and see if it helps the running game at all...or even if its getting him the ball on screens or out in the flat?

Talon

I love it, getting creative is always a good idea in my book.

GM Justin

Great!  Any other changes you think we need to make for Amsterdam?

Talon

I think we're good.

GM Justin

Alright, I'm going to speak with Lonzo real quick to give him a heads up and we can lock in.

Lolly, can you get me Lonzo Jackson please.

Lonzo, wanted to bring you in and let you know we're going to play you at running back in certain packages this week.  We want to try and utilize your speed and add a new wrinkle to the offense.

Talon

I love the chance to get the ball and makes plays, I welcome the challenge man, I'm gonna ball out, big balla' style!

GM Justin

Glad to hear it!

Lonzo Jackson is RB1 in certain packages designated by the coaches.

Lock in

GM Justin

1. Discuss your week 6 results

The game should not have gone the way it did, but we won which is most important.  We had a 17-0 lead at halftime and gave up the lead and had to win it on the final play of the game.  We shouldn't have put ourselves in that position, however I am damn proud of the way the reacted to being punched in the gut and facing a big letdown.  They kept their composure and fought back and won.  Game ball goes to the whole damn team.

2. Discuss any news that interested you, if you had team specific news address it first.

Our division is the deepest in all of the HIFL and it's exciting.

3. Discuss your next opponent and game. What is your biggest advantage in this contest?

Another division game against New Jersey.  Our guys are starting to gel and we have the best offense in the league, now we just have to translate that to more points.  So our offensive firepower and our resiliency are what gives us the biggest advantage and the reason why we will come back with the victory.

-----------

Coach, not the way I wanted that game to go, but glad we were able to fight back and pick up the win.  I'm wondering though, are we not being aggressive enough on defense?

Talon

We run a balanced aggression on defense and currently that has us 6th in scoring, 2nd in yards, 6th in pass defense and 10th in run D... I feel like it is working.

GM Justin

Yeah, it's definitely hard to argue with those stats.  Well we know what we need to do.  Let's go get another win.

Lock in

GM Justin

1. Discuss your weeks results

Miracle Meek, Larry Legend, and the Comeback Cobras strike again!! Another hard fought, close game that we were able to come back and win. I think the game ball this week goes to Meek.  He was perfect on that final drive to win the game.

2. Discuss any news that interested you, if you had team specific news address it first.

I wonder if the Mermen miss GM Gooch.......meh...probably not.

3. Discuss your next opponent and game. What is your biggest advantage in this contest?

We have a tough Miami team that we have to play.  We are a little dinged up in the secondary and have to go against Merv Patton, so some guys will have to step up with the next man up mentality.  This will give them some time to shine and prove themselves.  I think our advantage is our resilience.  We've proven over the past couple of weeks that we can take our opponents best punch and bounce back and counter with the knockout blow.

-----

"Coach, we're a little banged up in the secondary.  Anything we need to adjust on the defensive end based on that and the fact we're going up against Patton?"

Talon

We're going to ask Larry and the backers do help us in coverage, but there really isn't much more we can do.

GM Justin

Well we know what the job at hand is. So let's go get to it.

lock in

GM Justin

1. Discuss your weeks results

We came out swinging and put the pressure on Miami and jumped out early and never relinquished.  I believe the game ball goes to our offensive line.  The big guys up front opened up the running lanes which resulted in 227 yards of rushing for us.

2. Discuss any news that interested you, also what are some of the stats and/or stat leaders that have surprised you at the mid-point of the season?

With our offense, there is no surprise that our guys are at the top of the receiving statistics and Meek the leader in passing yards.  I believe Lonzo has flown under the radar, but with 8 touchdowns he has been super productive.

Orlando is going to run the ball and run the ball and run it some more.  We have a strong front seven that I believe is up to the challenge and wouldn't be surprised if Larry Legend nets 30 tackles in this game.  We are strong on both sides of the ball and our offense should be able to put up some big points in this game and lead us to victory.

Coach, a great win against Miami.  Glad to have that big lead instead of coming from behind.  I don't have much this week as we continue to take care of business on the field.  However, did want to ask you real quick if you think there is a dire need of an upgrade at any position before the trade deadline?

Talon

While we could use "overall" upgrades in places, I dont think we are being held back in anyway right now, and Id hate to throw off chemistry.

GM Justin

Gotcha, definitely don't want to throw off chemistry.  Any defensive strategy changes against Orlando you think we need to make, or just ride with what we've been doing?

Talon

We'll obviously focus on the run a bit more, but I dont see any major changes needed.