DC COBRAS [GM POWERS - LOA]

Started by Talon, November 25, 2021, 10:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Justin

Alright coach, let's go take care of business.

lock in

GM Justin

1. Discuss your weeks results

-Hard to win a game when you give up a gazillion yards rushing. Our rush defense needs to step up.

2. Discuss any news that interested you, what do you make of the recent GM moves around the league?

-It's trade season so there are rumors swirling everywhere.  You all know that I don't mind making a move, but at the same time we have to be strategic.  Coach and I like the team we have and believe we are a legit contender. 

3. Rate your teams activity level this week when it comes to the Trade deadline, should fans have their notifications on for a big deal, or is it likely to be quiet?

-Not sure yet.  I'm good with our team, but if an opportunity arises to improve and it's the right deal...I will jump.

4. How safe do you feel you are right now, is your job secure?

-I don't feel my ass burning, so I'm not on the hot seat.

5. Discuss your next opponent and game. What is your biggest advantage in this contest?

-Winnipeg is coming to town and they are always a tough game.  Our ability to spread the ball all around the field makes it hard for defenses to game plan for us.

Well coach, we literally got ran off the field.

Talon

That run game is something else, but nothing we can do about it now.. we have to focus on what Winnipeg brings to the table.

GM Justin

Unless I'm reading the box scores wrong, we don't get too many sacks, hurries or knockdowns. I feel like we should be getting more from our pass rush or am I wrong?

Talon

I think there is a glitch with the box scores right now showing hurries and knock downs, but here is how we rank right now. 

We are 10th in hurries with 24.

We are 24th in the league in sacks with 18.

and we are 9th in knockdowns with 18.

GM Justin

Do you think Coach Stevens is our long term answer as DC?

Talon

You mean Coach Brown?  Eh.. I'm not attached to him either way.  He's a solid DB and know some stuff but he's definitely not a top end master of the game.

GM Justin

Gotcha. Do you think an upgrade at DT or LB is more important than chemistry? Or should we just roll with what we have?

Talon

If the upgrade is good enough, its worth it, but if its just a slight increase, I think the chemistry is more important.

GM Justin

Any game plan adjustments needed for Patty and their passing attack?

Talon

We'll focus on the pass obviously, but no, we just have to execute.

GM Justin

Let's go do it then

Lock in

Talon

AUTO LOCKED - PER REQUEST

Talon

Talon

Talon

GM Justin

1. What stood out to you about your team this week?

We got a big win when we needed it and we've kept up with the momentum after losing to KC a couple of weeks ago.  I believe losing that game could have put our team down a bad path, but the last two weeks are guys have bounced back and beat two very good football teams.  I like our resilience and believe it will help us in the playoffs.

2. Discuss any news that interested you.

None, just focused on the playoffs

3a.  What makes your team more deserving of a playoff spot that the other teams competing against you?

We've fought all season long.  We lost the first couple of games then went on a win streak then lost a couple of more games, but bounced back again.  We have given it our all 100% all season and we deserve to be in the playoffs. 

----

Coach, safe to say the Lonzo at running back experiment  has failed...or is it just a combination of that and the run defenses we have faced?

Talon

Definitely didnt work as planned; but I made some tweaks to the run game last week and I think it helped.

GM Justin

Ok I'll keep it the same thing, anything else we need to address for the Milwaukee game?  If not, let's go take care of business.

lock in

GM Justin

1. What stood out to you about your team this week?

We did not win a game we should have, however we got down big early, but stormed back and ended with a tie.  Like I said last week, our team is resilient.  These guys never give up and even though we didn't win, this is still a momentum builder for us as we look to punch our ticket to the playoffs.

2. Who has to step up this weekend in your eyes?

Michael Meek.  He's the general of our offense, however he has turned the ball over a lot lately and in order for us to win and make a push through the playoffs he has to take care of the ball.

3. What does this final week of the season mean for you and your team?

Playoff or bust.

---

Alright Coach, any adjustments needed for Amsterdam other than us not turning the ball over?

Talon

Like you said, Playoffs or Bust.  We throw it all out there and go for the win.

GM Justin

Let's go do it.

lock in

GM Justin

1. Talk about the final week of the regular season and this week's match up.

-We limped into the playoffs, but we are in and that is all that matters.  The playoffs are a new season all in their own and slate is wiped clean.  St. Paul is going to be a tough matchup, but our team has been resilient all year and I know our guys are hungry.  We have the most potent offense in the league and I believe we will show up and show out.

2. What will it take for this team to win the Impact Bowl?

Run defense.  Our run defense is going to have to be in top form.

Talon

if Meek can avoid turnovers and we can contain McNasty, not stop him, but contain him long enough to get a lead, I think we have the secondary to frustrated and shut down Kitchen and Ramos. 

GM Justin

Agreed, I'm going to chat with Meek and Larry for a second and then I'll be ready to lock in. Do you mind sending them in if you don't have anything else to discuss?

Talon

GM Justin

Fellas, it's playoff time.  Whatever happened during the season is in the past and now we focus on the here and now.  You two are the leaders of your respective sides of the ball so I just wanted to touch base with you and let you know that I'm counting on the two of you to get your teammates ready for the playoff push.  I appreciate and respect the hell out of both of you and look forward to all of us raising the Impact Bowl.

Lock in

GM Justin

1. Talk about the game this week.  What went right and what ultimately went wrong?

GM Justin stares at the press with a blank face and says nothing.

2. When you look back on this season, what are some of the words you would use to describe the season?

3. Who was your best player this season?

4. Grade the job you did this season as well as that of your coaching staff.

5. What is next for you and this club?

"Get a new kicker."

Talon

"What do you have to say about the mob that attacked King Lindsey after the game?!"

GM Justin

"Violence is not the answer....but he shattered the hopes and dreams of this community...tough shit."

Talon

GM Justin

Talon

GM Justin

"You're the boss so i guess I have to talk...but I don't know what to say other than fuck that worthless bottom feeding jabroni."

Talon

If I had my way, he'd be entombed in the most bitter dark chocolate for all of eternity, frozen like Hans Solo in carbonite.

Needless to say publicly I will condemn the actions of the fans who assaulted him, but I will also push hard for his medical retirement from our team so that we no long have to suffer through him pissing in my sweet sweet chocolate fountain.

GM Justin

Well we obviously failed one of our tasks to win a playoff game because of him.

Talon

You built a record setting passing offense and we made the playoffs.  If we can find a running back who is even half as sweet as our pass-game we could be the best offense in football next year;  our window is getting smaller as Larry Stevens gets older, so I want you to be aggressive.

Are you ready to reload for next year and make that sweet sweet push to victory?!

GM Justin

Yes sir, let's do it

Talon

Then I'll see you sometime during the off-season.  Lock in and get ready to work, we'll be back in the office after the impact bowl to let you and the coaches have a final chat... sweet dreams.

GM Justin

Talon

Hello GM Justin, ..oh my god, what a crazy few weeks... I swear if I see one more 1/8 meme... like oh my god!  Anyways;

I currently have us with $102.95MM in available salary cap and $24MM in Bonus funds for S16.  Our bonus may flex depending on how you decide to handle our coaching staff.

I have us with 32 open roster positions at this time. 

I have our draft picks as follows:

S16 4th - DC
S16 7th - DC

We have all of our own draft picks for S17 and all of our own picks for S18

We do not owe any taxes and because of that we have reset our tax penalty back to the standard 20%;  so our off-season bonus money is ours to do whatever we'd like!

Our available off-season bonus money currently is: $7MM ($3.5MM from your GM Contract + $3.5MM from your S15 budget rollover).

I have our off-season team sheet copy here. Feel free to edit/use it if you would like.  If you have questions or disagree with my notes please let me know and we will get to the bottom of it!

I'm 12.5% sure everything is correct!

GM Justin

Coach, do you want to keep the coaching staff together?

Talon

We'll keep my son and the offensive unit, but I think we could go bigger on defense.

GM Justin

Alright let's go the intermediate route

Talon

Alright so just league office the amount and I'll get to work.  If we get $8MM I can get Randy Barbour as our DC.

GM Justin

Talon

Excellent, sit tight and once all the coaching staffs are done; we'll get into RFA.

GM Justin

Lolly, can I speak to Francisco Bien please...

Francisco, I'd like to re-sign Dirk Reynoso for 3 years, $2mm per season

Talon

You have a deal, my friend.

Talon

Hello GM Justin,   I am Thomas Reese, the investigator looking into the recent allegations made against your boss.  Do you have a few minutes to answer a few questions?